Ruby Foo's - Times Square
1626 Broadway at 49th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
Ruby Foo's - Times Square
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.rubyfoos.com/
- Phone: 2124895600x
- Hours of Operation:
Sun-Tues: 11:30am -10:30pm
Wed-Thurs: 11:30am – 11:00pm
Fri-Sat: 11:30am – 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Pan-Asian, Asian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service off-site catering can be accommodated. Contact Special Events at 212-331-0328 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
- Entertainment: Bring the family for lunch and origami lessons every Sunday from noon - 7pm.
- Special Events: Ruby Foo’s is fun for the whole family, with a range of Pan-Asian dishes perfect for sharing. Rent our semi-private Buddha Room for some privacy in the middle of Times Square pre or post theater.
To inquire about large groups, semi-private dining and full or partial restaurant buyouts please contact our special events team at 212-331-0328 or email email@example.com.
Or request event information online here: http://www.brguesthospitality.com/event-venues/book-event.
A word from Ruby Foo's - Times Square
Ruby Foo’s brings the bold flavors of Beijing, Bangkok and Tokyo to Times Square in a big-box setting that is as boisterous as it Broadway neighborhood. Described as “imaginative” by New York Magazine, the 300 seat space and approachable Pan-Asian cuisine is perfect for dinner pre or post show, lunch with clients, brunch with kids, private parties, and any other occasion imaginable. People watch at a Broadway-facing table over pad thai, sample some of the best rolls in the neighborhood at the 20-seat sushi bar, share assorted dim sum at a banquet and finish with a Dessert Bento Box. Tight on time? Take freshly-baked theater treats like Chocolate Chip Cookies and Caramel Popcorn to go. Or, get sushi and dim sum delivered to your door!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ruby Foo's - Times Square reviews from OpenTable diners
239 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (109)kid-friendly (81)special occasion (61)great for lunch (60)fit for foodies (52)neighborhood gem (41)hot spot (37)romantic (27)late-night find (18)scenic view (15)great for brunch (10)vibrant bar scene (9)notable wine list (7)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Definitely Recommend!!Lovegoodfood2014Dined on 8/1/2014A little on the pricey side but food was great. Service great! Would visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Dinner everMCM3Dined on 7/30/2014Food precooked and tasteless, staff rushes you, no items for children although they hype being a family place, a horrible dining experience. We did not eat our meals just paid and left and went and bought a pizza.
- WEAK Restaurant week choicesButterflyVIPDined on 7/30/2014My friend and I were SUPER disappointed with the options given for restaurant week dinner. They didn't include ANY of the most popular items. The choices were stuff I think anyone would be hard pressed to choose. I tried to get the RWeek menu online ahead of my reservation, but it was nowhere to be found (not an accident I'm sure). We really felt like including themselves as part of R.Week was just to get folks in the door....knowing, we'd all just order from the main menu (which we did) and pay a lot more. My Peking Duck was just so-so. Definitely was NOT worth the $30+ pricetag. I've been a fan but they've removed some of the things I enjoyed from the menu.......so not sure I'll be back.Special Features:
- Hit or MissQBEBDined on 7/29/2014Ruby Foo's has always been a safe bet. The service and food are generally consistent. This time, however, the food took forever and several parties who were seated after us were served faster. We were seeing a show and had allowed more than enough time and we ended up cutting it extremely close.Special Features:
- Better than I expectedCiciVIPDined on 7/29/2014Soft shell crab roll was very good, the sauce is superb. Sear scallops also very tasty. Made me wanna go back again.....
- Ruby TiSqDinerMcEaterVIPDined on 7/29/2014have walked by many, many times - finally went in for Restaurant Week lunch - surprisingly good - unusual selectionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but better 1st timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014My boyfriend and I were very excited to head to Ruby Foo's for the second time during restaurant week. Unfortunately, we were very disappointed with the restaurant week items. There was no chicken option on the entrees and the menu options were minimal. We were also sad to see that the seafood fried rice was removed from the menu. Please bring that back! It was amazing!Special Features:
- Great foodfoodfanaticDined on 7/27/2014My family and I have been going to Ruby Foo's almost every year when we go to a broadway show. This visit was my first visit in 2 years and it's still the same place we've come to love! Our waitress was very friendly and easy to talk to. The food is as great as it's always been except we were sad to find out that they no longer have coconut sticky rice! Otherwise, it's a nice restaurant to bring your kids, prices are a little high but the food is worth it, especially the dumplings and asian lettuce wraps!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as Good as I RememberBrownEyesDined on 7/26/2014I found Ruby Foos many years ago when I had frequent business trips. It used to be the place to be and had great service. I'm not sure if it is because it is the summer and the regular staff is on vacation, but our service was not suitable for such a nice restaurant. Our drinks were never replenished and one of the orders were wrong (no apology). There were quite a few empty chairs so there really isn't an excuse for poor service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jaybearz1302Dined on 7/26/2014Staff very attentive, food was nice but not exceptional, could have been presented much nicer, not hot enough (temperature). Great wine list, but far too expensive...we are from Australia and could not believe the proce of even a glass of wine..
- Grami's delight dinner and a showOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014I took my two precious out-of-town older grandchildren to NYC for a fun weekend. We made a 5 pm reservation for dinner on Saturday, it was amazing. I requested a booth (got a 1/2 booth) and it was perfect. Second level towards the back, visual delight, service efficient and pleasant, food delicious with good selection (both young adults are vegetarians) my crab rolls and salad were great and the fare was most reasonable. (while the Chinese noodles were OK the flavor was different than we are used too) We had a delightful and delicious dining experience with time to enjoy Times Square before our curtain. (ps - using the restrooms required a tip for the attendant)Special Features:
- NiceErrovDined on 7/25/2014Really nice asian food. Good service. good price.. so what more do you want.Special Features:
- Great food, outstanding service.maddogDined on 7/25/2014The food was very good and the service was even better. They were extremely accomodating for my 6 yr old...even after we had a bit of a snafu with a spilled drink/appetizer. The waitstaff was friendly and helpful. The only reason I didn't rate the full 5 stars was due to the father/daughter that were seated next to us...they were late for a show and quite snippy with each other and the waitstaff. Not Ruby's fault!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good...AFH1VIPDined on 7/25/2014Great to visit before or after the theatre. Food great. Service good. Can get in and out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- momentsDined on 7/25/2014Had a wonderful time for my birthday .. I will definitely see ruby foo's AGAIN !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Revisited after a long abscenceFedhillliv2eatVIPDined on 7/25/2014We had not been in the area for years and had a show up on 54th street and thought it would be great to eat there again. I must say the food was disappointing although service was good. Really just for tourists needing a quick bite before a show
- A tired restaurantUnhappydinerDined on 7/24/2014Have been dining at Ruby Foos since it opened and loved it. Sad to say it has become tired. The food was OK, although the portions are much smaller than they used to be,and they no longer serve rice with the entrees. Sadder is the tired look of the place. Tiles are cracked in the restroom, restroom is not as clean as it used to be and everything in the dining room seems rather old and frayed
- Great food and fun atmospherediningoutfromCTDined on 7/19/2014Went to Ruby Foo's for dinner on a Saturday evening in July. Even though it was busy, our table of 8 were seated immediately. Service was attentive and fun. Food was delicious. Could spend hours sampling different dishes and laughing with friends. A definite dining highlight of our mini-vacation in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decreased menu than beforeDrPieDined on 7/19/2014The menu has decreased since my last visit. Selection is very limited.Special Features:
- Foos went south quickRachelDined on 7/17/2014I have been going to Ruby Foo's for years now and it always was great. Within the last year, management has changed, the menu was shortened dramatically and the service was horrendous at best. I hate to write this spot off of my foodie list but unfortunately much has changed.Special Features:
- FishFishDined on 7/17/2014We all had a very tasty lunch with appetizers, main course and dessert which was outstanding.Special Features:
- Great place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014Large restaurant with a cozy ambiance and lovely lighting for a romantic dinner. Wait staff was excellent asking about allergies. Food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lucyVIPDined on 7/16/2014Ruby Foos has always been a great restaurant. I haven't been here in awhile. The food and the service were wonderful! I recommend it for groups as it is fun sharing food! Always a winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, reasonable costlearntocountDined on 7/16/2014We had a great meal but disturbing ending.....after we had paid, with a 20% tip included, the waitress came back and said that the bartender told her that the bill was flat - no tip included. My friend went through the cash payment with her at the table and she was then able to see that we had left a 20% tip. She was very apologetic, however, this should never have happened. The bartender should probably learn how to count, the waitress should have double checked before coming over to us and no one ever said we had to leave a tip to begin with.Special Features:
- On it's way down and outNYCPhDVIPDined on 7/16/2014This was the third time I've dined there. It's convenient for after the theatre and I love Pan Asian. The food had always been the draw. This time: the food tasted stale as if it had sat for hours if not for days. The service was awful. The waiter thought it was his job to act as our friend and then forgot about us -- even seeming annoyed when we asked him for water and then our check. We didn't need to know all about what was going to be on the menu but not there yet. Obviously they are now targeting tourists who they don't expect to return anyway.
- Perfect pre-theater spot!Acbas92418VIPDined on 7/16/2014Excellent menu and good food but noise level is deafening and tables too close together. However for a quick lunch before theater, this is the spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Enjoyable Experience!BroadwayDinerDined on 7/16/2014Needed a place to eat before an afternoon theater date. Server was a lovely. young lady who provided great service. Food was delicious and attractive. Served in a timely manner. Be sure and make a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousAvidFoodieDined on 7/15/2014All of the food was very tasty and well seasoned. Service was awesome. Great date spot or night out with friends. Very high energy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food bad serviceRubygoodDined on 7/15/2014Waitress wonderful Maître d wonderful Busing staff for table awful Delivery/food server awfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodJamieVIPDined on 7/15/2014I love Ruby Foos lunch or dinner Geat selection always tasty excellentSpecial Features:
- Worth a visitkennykDined on 7/14/2014I'd go again - the food was good. Mine was excellent my wife's was good. The dumplings were on par with some of the best I've had. They had our table reserved (streetside) and we (a 4 top) sat right down during a very busy Sunday night. The waitstaff got it done, with less charisma than I'd have liked, but they were effective. Like I said - I will make it a point to eat there again on my next visit.............it's worth a visit.Special Features:
- one of our nyc favslisamDined on 7/13/2014My daughter loves going into the city for the day. Of all the themed type restaurants she prefers Ruby Foo's . Teryaki chicken is her favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- theater dininggenevieveDined on 7/11/2014Lots of people know that this is one of the better options in the theater district. I have never had a bad experience with service here... last night's waiter was particularly terrific, and turned me on to a great new cocktail. The food is reasonably priced, and good, and we got to the theater in plentry of time.Special Features:
- The Ruby FooOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/9/2014I ordered the Ruby Foo signature drink and it was unacceptably weak. FYI, I weigh less than 100 lbs and I had not eaten in 12 hours. The first thing I consumed when I sat down was the Ruby Foo and the drink didn't even make me slightly buzzed. Please don't skimp on liquor in cocktails. After a long day, its an absolutely intolerable imposition on my sanity. That aside, I loved the Spicy Beef Udon. Perfect blend of spice and texture hit the spot.Special Features:
- could have been betterairmarkDined on 7/5/2014It happens, but due to some confusion we were not even waited on for 10+ minutes. Had to ask for waiter. Even then very apologetic waitress still did not improve it much. 10 more minutes before drinks arrived. On more than one occasion food for another table was brought to ours. One of our dishes never came, but we were all sharing so it did not matter too much. They did comp our drinks, and appetizer. After we paid and were about to leave that one dish finally arrived nearly 30 minutes after the others. That said, the food was really good and the waitress tried to make it up to us.Special Features:
- Food was great!NYCtheatredinerDined on 7/5/2014We had a friendly waiter at first he took our drink order and chatted a bit. Another waiter brought the drinks and then took our order. He was not attentive and was very distracted. We left without ordering dessert. I have been here multiple times. Never had service by someone who clearly did not want to be there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mlzbroocVIPDined on 7/2/2014Only ordered one thing from lunch menu -- the assorted dim sum -- which was very disappointing. Tough and doughy, all tasted pretty much alike and not very tasty at all.
- Love the food, but....localfanDined on 7/2/2014We love this restaurant whenever we come into the city to see a broadway show, but over the years the decor has gotten a little worn out and I really wish the owners would update it!Special Features:
- Had a fantastic dinner!RaindanceDined on 6/29/2014We dined at Ruby Foo's the other night. From the time we walked in the door we could not have been treated better. Everyone seemed happy to be there. Server was really helpful about suggesting dishes compatible with food alergies. Food was great! Service was great! We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Overall a good experiencetheatergoerDined on 6/28/2014I went on a date to Ruby Foo's for dinner before seeing a play. Overall, I feel like you're paying for the location and the ambiance, as both of those were great, but the food was nothing special. The food wasn't bad by any means, but for the price, I thought it could have been better. But that being said, it was a cool place with modern Asian decor and the service was very good. And the location was a short walk away from the theater, which was very convenient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.