Ruby Foo's - Times Square
1626 Broadway at 49th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
Ruby Foo's - Times Square
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.rubyfoos.com/
- Phone: 2124895600x
- Hours of Operation:
Sun-Tues: 11:30am -10:30pm
Wed-Thurs: 11:30am – 11:00pm
Fri-Sat: 11:30am – 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Pan-Asian, Asian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service off-site catering can be accommodated. Contact Special Events at 212-331-0328 or email@example.com for information.
- Entertainment: Bring the family for lunch and origami lessons every Sunday from noon - 7pm.
- Special Events: Ruby Foo’s is fun for the whole family, with a range of Pan-Asian dishes perfect for sharing. Rent our semi-private Buddha Room for some privacy in the middle of Times Square pre or post theater.
To inquire about large groups, semi-private dining and full or partial restaurant buyouts please contact our special events team at 212-331-0328 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or request event information online here: http://www.brguesthospitality.com/event-venues/book-event.
A word from Ruby Foo's - Times Square
Ruby Foo’s brings the bold flavors of Beijing, Bangkok and Tokyo to Times Square in a big-box setting that is as boisterous as it Broadway neighborhood. Described as “imaginative” by New York Magazine, the 300 seat space and approachable Pan-Asian cuisine is perfect for dinner pre or post show, lunch with clients, brunch with kids, private parties, and any other occasion imaginable. People watch at a Broadway-facing table over pad thai, sample some of the best rolls in the neighborhood at the 20-seat sushi bar, share assorted dim sum at a banquet and finish with a Dessert Bento Box. Tight on time? Take freshly-baked theater treats like Chocolate Chip Cookies and Caramel Popcorn to go. Or, get sushi and dim sum delivered to your door!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAsian
Ruby Foo's - Times Square - Best Restaurants in Theater District / Times Square ›
Ruby Foo's - Times Square reviews from OpenTable diners
260 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (128)kid-friendly (85)great for lunch (64)special occasion (60)fit for foodies (50)neighborhood gem (43)hot spot (39)romantic (31)late-night find (18)scenic view (13)great for brunch (12)vibrant bar scene (10)notable wine list (6)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great Asian in time squareUrsNYVIPDined on 8/27/2014Had a great dinner with a friend. The pork dumplings were great, the Edamame was ok (could have used more sea salt). Both entrees we ordered were great, wok stir fried chicken and beef Szechuan. Loved the Mochi ice cream for desert, though they only had 2 flavors. Service was sift and friendly. Love the fact that they have a Gluten free menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- slow service but good foodlibrarianDined on 8/26/2014We were seated promptly, and every employee we interacted with was friendly and helpful. The food was decent, some things better than others. We loved the appetizers and desserts. However, some things we'd found on the website were not available and the server said they had changed the menu -- so change the online menu as well!! Our main problem was the speed of service. The place was not very busy, and it was never slow enough to complain about, but everything took longer than it should have (by just a bit) and it all added up -- it took two hours for two of us to have dinner!Special Features:
- Quiet and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014I came here for a business lunch. When I realized it was in Time Square I was afraid that it would be too loud and busy, but it was perfect! The food was great and they were able to make a vegetarian version of a lot if the dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- group eventwearytravelerDined on 8/21/2014We used Ruby Foo's for a meeting. It went so well, the servers were so attentive and the food fantastic that we had to try it in a regular setting. They did not disappoint there either. Food and service were great!Special Features:
- Wait StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014Waiter was not very good. He took looong delays. Additional appetizers ordered came after main course. They had to be cancelled. Loon delays in between visits. Dinner was almost 2 and a half hours. Overall a very poor experience. Would definitely not recommend if service is important. However food was good.
- Delicious!MsMck50VIPDined on 8/17/2014This was not our first time dining at Ruby Foo's, but it was certainly our most memorable. The service was great, cocktails were wonderful and the food was delicious. Everything about Ruby Foo's was firing on all cylinders! Our next trip to the theatre will include Ruby Foo's!!Special Features:
- Origami!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014The gentleman teaching children how to do Origami while waiting for their food is a treasure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite up to par.diningoutfromCTDined on 8/13/2014We had been about a month ago and had a great experience. I even ordered the same dish--kung pao chicken, but it wasn't nearly as good. However the wonton soup was probably the best I have ever had and everyone else at our table enjoyed their meals. Service was a bit disjointed, with items coming at different times--although that's understandable when ordering different types of food. Our waitress could have enn a bit more attentive as well. Still had fun and enjoyed it--we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2014This is a good place to go with kids before the theater. I gave service four stars because the waitress got us to the theater on time. The food was not as good as I remembered, but fine.Special Features:
- Perfect Dinner EnvironmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Ruby Foos is a perfect dinner environment - Great food; even better service; and, IT'S QUIET!! Small groups can have a relaxed, normal conversation and hear everyone at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentUnhappydiner25Dined on 8/10/2014I have worked at NBC for 30 years, I retired Dec 2012. I have had lunch there many times back in the mid nineties, the food started to change we stopped eating there. I thought it would be nice to try it again, unfortunately it hasn't change the calamari was like rubber, lettuce wraps were OK just needed iceberg lettuce for making wrap. Prices too high for the quality of the food being served.Special Features:
- I miss the sticky riceLonglivestickyriceDined on 8/10/2014The main reason I went here in the first place was for the coconut sticky rice only to find it was removed from the menu, the server was very nice and suppied the dessert alternative but it wasn't the same and was extremely disappointed. Please bring sticky rice back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spotsummer77Dined on 8/9/2014for pre and post theatre--great drinlks, food, atmosphere, serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eh....BwaybabyDined on 8/9/2014This was highly recommended to me and I am not sure why. The entre choices were limited, flavorless, dudnt come with rice and was pricey! It is crowded and not fun
- Great!JuiceyDined on 8/8/2014I've been here a few years ago, nice to know everything is still the same and the food is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative AsianDodgersWillVIPDined on 8/7/2014Nice menu. Creative offerings like mushroom lo mein. Portions are small, however. Service is spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in exciting areaJeffDined on 8/6/2014Good Asian fusion food, great location in Times Square, reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Never disappoints!DinahVIPDined on 8/5/2014We have eaten here numerous times with kids and without, and we are always delighted. At our most recent visit we had Kung pao chicken, chicken pot stickers, and wonton soup. All were delicious. The service could have been a bit more attentive, especially since we dined at 830 on a weeknight when it was relatively light. Overall, however, the food was flavorful, beautifully presented and varied.Special Features:
- great foo dagtjoeDined on 8/5/2014we were going to a show and they made sure that we had plenty of time without feeling rushed. the duck was great the dim sum was enough for two to share I can"t say enough about the experience i wish we had a Ruby Foo's on Long IslandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh...HoochickDined on 8/5/2014Restaurant was not great….food was saturated in sauces….the ambience was poor…whole place needs a face lift…it is showing its AGE and WEAR. Justin, our server, was good and attentive.Special Features:
- FinedinerDined on 8/5/2014I booked this restaurant with my teenage niece because it was in the heart of the theater district and, thus, convenient to our theater. I'm an experienced New Yorker, but I knew my niece would enjoy people watching overlooking Times Square, and I had never been to this popular restaurant. The food was good, but not outstanding. Nevertheless, I would recommend this restaurant to people who are visiting the busy theater district.Special Features:
- Very good asian food!DutchDined on 8/4/2014We happened by this restaurant on a recent trip to NYC. Although it took a while to be seated following our reservation time, our server was excellent-- very personable and had great information and suggestions about the menu. Three of us ordered different menu items and an appetizer, then shared. Everything was very good, particularly the pork belly appetizer and the dumplings on the dim sum menu. Would definately recommend and return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No more sticky riceTheatreGirlVIPDined on 8/3/2014Sticky rice no longer on menu? Charged $7 for 3 little vegetable dumplings? New menu not vegetarians friendly - no veg. fried rice on menu? Overall, disappointing experience, may not go back. Service slow, especially getting utensils after food was served and we had to stare at our plates, but could not eat.
- loujDined on 8/2/2014Dissappointed...very limited menu...used to be far betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014A tasty fun spot with an Asian flare. The food and atmosphere were great. Spicy but not too spicy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely Recommend!!Lovegoodfood2014Dined on 8/1/2014A little on the pricey side but food was great. Service great! Would visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Dinner everMCM3Dined on 7/30/2014Food precooked and tasteless, staff rushes you, no items for children although they hype being a family place, a horrible dining experience. We did not eat our meals just paid and left and went and bought a pizza.
- WEAK Restaurant week choicesButterflyVIPDined on 7/30/2014My friend and I were SUPER disappointed with the options given for restaurant week dinner. They didn't include ANY of the most popular items. The choices were stuff I think anyone would be hard pressed to choose. I tried to get the RWeek menu online ahead of my reservation, but it was nowhere to be found (not an accident I'm sure). We really felt like including themselves as part of R.Week was just to get folks in the door....knowing, we'd all just order from the main menu (which we did) and pay a lot more. My Peking Duck was just so-so. Definitely was NOT worth the $30+ pricetag. I've been a fan but they've removed some of the things I enjoyed from the menu.......so not sure I'll be back.Special Features:
- Hit or MissQBEBDined on 7/29/2014Ruby Foo's has always been a safe bet. The service and food are generally consistent. This time, however, the food took forever and several parties who were seated after us were served faster. We were seeing a show and had allowed more than enough time and we ended up cutting it extremely close.Special Features:
- Better than I expectedCiciVIPDined on 7/29/2014Soft shell crab roll was very good, the sauce is superb. Sear scallops also very tasty. Made me wanna go back again.....
- Ruby TiSqDinerMcEaterVIPDined on 7/29/2014have walked by many, many times - finally went in for Restaurant Week lunch - surprisingly good - unusual selectionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but better 1st timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014My boyfriend and I were very excited to head to Ruby Foo's for the second time during restaurant week. Unfortunately, we were very disappointed with the restaurant week items. There was no chicken option on the entrees and the menu options were minimal. We were also sad to see that the seafood fried rice was removed from the menu. Please bring that back! It was amazing!Special Features:
- Great foodfoodfanaticDined on 7/27/2014My family and I have been going to Ruby Foo's almost every year when we go to a broadway show. This visit was my first visit in 2 years and it's still the same place we've come to love! Our waitress was very friendly and easy to talk to. The food is as great as it's always been except we were sad to find out that they no longer have coconut sticky rice! Otherwise, it's a nice restaurant to bring your kids, prices are a little high but the food is worth it, especially the dumplings and asian lettuce wraps!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as Good as I RememberBrownEyesDined on 7/26/2014I found Ruby Foos many years ago when I had frequent business trips. It used to be the place to be and had great service. I'm not sure if it is because it is the summer and the regular staff is on vacation, but our service was not suitable for such a nice restaurant. Our drinks were never replenished and one of the orders were wrong (no apology). There were quite a few empty chairs so there really isn't an excuse for poor service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jaybearz1302Dined on 7/26/2014Staff very attentive, food was nice but not exceptional, could have been presented much nicer, not hot enough (temperature). Great wine list, but far too expensive...we are from Australia and could not believe the proce of even a glass of wine..
- Grami's delight dinner and a showOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014I took my two precious out-of-town older grandchildren to NYC for a fun weekend. We made a 5 pm reservation for dinner on Saturday, it was amazing. I requested a booth (got a 1/2 booth) and it was perfect. Second level towards the back, visual delight, service efficient and pleasant, food delicious with good selection (both young adults are vegetarians) my crab rolls and salad were great and the fare was most reasonable. (while the Chinese noodles were OK the flavor was different than we are used too) We had a delightful and delicious dining experience with time to enjoy Times Square before our curtain. (ps - using the restrooms required a tip for the attendant)Special Features:
- NiceErrovDined on 7/25/2014Really nice asian food. Good service. good price.. so what more do you want.Special Features:
- Great food, outstanding service.maddogDined on 7/25/2014The food was very good and the service was even better. They were extremely accomodating for my 6 yr old...even after we had a bit of a snafu with a spilled drink/appetizer. The waitstaff was friendly and helpful. The only reason I didn't rate the full 5 stars was due to the father/daughter that were seated next to us...they were late for a show and quite snippy with each other and the waitstaff. Not Ruby's fault!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good...AFH1VIPDined on 7/25/2014Great to visit before or after the theatre. Food great. Service good. Can get in and out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- momentsDined on 7/25/2014Had a wonderful time for my birthday .. I will definitely see ruby foo's AGAIN !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.