Ruby Foo's - Times Square
1626 Broadway at 49th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
Ruby Foo's - Times Square
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.rubyfoos.com/
- Phone: 2124895600x
- Hours of Operation:
Sun-Tues: 11:30am -10:30pm
Wed-Thurs: 11:30am – 11:00pm
Fri-Sat: 11:30am – 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Pan-Asian, Asian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service off-site catering can be accommodated. Contact Special Events at 212-331-0328 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
- Entertainment: Bring the family for lunch and origami lessons every Sunday from noon - 7pm.
- Special Events: Ruby Foo’s is fun for the whole family, with a range of Pan-Asian dishes perfect for sharing. Rent our semi-private Buddha Room for some privacy in the middle of Times Square pre or post theater.
To inquire about large groups, semi-private dining and full or partial restaurant buyouts please contact our special events team at 212-331-0328 or email email@example.com.
Or request event information online here: http://www.brguesthospitality.com/event-venues/book-event.
A word from Ruby Foo's - Times Square
Ruby Foo’s brings the bold flavors of Beijing, Bangkok and Tokyo to Times Square in a big-box setting that is as boisterous as it Broadway neighborhood. Described as “imaginative” by New York Magazine, the 300 seat space and approachable Pan-Asian cuisine is perfect for dinner pre or post show, lunch with clients, brunch with kids, private parties, and any other occasion imaginable. People watch at a Broadway-facing table over pad thai, sample some of the best rolls in the neighborhood at the 20-seat sushi bar, share assorted dim sum at a banquet and finish with a Dessert Bento Box. Tight on time? Take freshly-baked theater treats like Chocolate Chip Cookies and Caramel Popcorn to go. Or, get sushi and dim sum delivered to your door!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ruby Foo's - Times Square reviews from OpenTable diners
234 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (120)kid-friendly (71)special occasion (71)fit for foodies (61)great for lunch (51)neighborhood gem (45)hot spot (35)romantic (31)late-night find (28)scenic view (15)vibrant bar scene (11)great for brunch (6)notable wine list (6)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- lunch before matineestoneyDined on 10/29/2014all went well. stopped in for a quick bite before a matinee. they need to update their website menu...not the same at restaurant!Special Features:
- Great for pre-BroadwayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014This restaurant was great before our Broadway show. We had a great waiter with a fun attitude. We mentioned that we were celebrating our anniversary and he even brought out 2 glasses of complimentary champagne. The food was good, not too heavy before the show, and we were out in plenty of time. The theater was just a block away, tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great small bitesJudiVIPDined on 10/25/2014My husband and I had a very late reservation and did not want to have a big dinner. Ruby Foo's offers a good selection of small plates. We shared vegetable fried rice and shrimp and lobster egg rolls. They tasted great and were plenty of food for an after theater dinner. The rice was particularly tasty. They also offer traditional desserts and take aways if you are headed to the theater. Warm cookies and caramel popcorn "to go" which is a fun addition.Special Features:
- Great food, nice staffOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/25/2014The food was delicious. Our poor waiter just was overwhelmed with all the entire section booked and not enough trained bus staff to bring waters or lend a hand. The manager on duty saw this and began to help. Still a great place to go pre-theatre after all these years and will be back again.Special Features:
- nothing extraOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 10/25/2014Not even white rice with their pricey spicy dishes. You need to pay extra for that. Really nickel and diming!
- Tourist trap!Jenguest40Dined on 10/24/2014I definitely would not recommend this restaurant. It's a complete tourist trap. Everything has an up charge. We ordered calamari as an appetizer and we seriously laughed when it arrived. Maybe 6-7 little rings and sauce. I felt for the server, who had to inform us the ridicules rules (happy hour only at the bar, extra cost for rice, etc). Don't go - find somewhere else.
- Portions got SMALL over the years.DaniBVIPDined on 10/23/2014And entrees don't just come with rice, you have to order a side of it. Really? Portions have gotten really small. We asked how large the fried rice was & was told it "used to be bigger." Dim sum/appetizers are tasty, but come on, calamari had probably 12 tiny rings in there. When we asked for a side of sweet chili sauce w/dinner, it came out in a tiny flat soy sauce-type saucer. Can you spare it? Laughed when I saw a steak on the menu for $55... and it was unspecified, just "steak." Ruby Foo's: you're not as crowded as you were years ago - competition is slim for large Asian restaurants, but get it together or you'll be packing up your chopsticks. You don't get return customers that way, and my entire party was locals, not tourists.Special Features:
- Great pre-show dinnerQuinnGreyDined on 10/23/2014Excellent service which is now hard to find!!! Asked if anyone had a food allergy, which was refreshing being one of us is allergic to peanuts!! Food was AMAZING and extremely flavorful!! The salmon entree was fantastic!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was Great but not the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2014The drinks were terrible. Had to send back 2 drinks and finally ordered a glass of wine, since they could not mess that one up. The food was not good. However, our waiter made every effort to make up for the bad drinks and I have to give him an A+ for effort.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014Honestly, the sushi dinner for $25 only came with 3 pieces, really! 3 dumplings per order, really! $10 for a side of rice. I get that it's Times sq., and touristy and all, but get a life. Way too expensive for ordinary chinese food. Could have gotten the same thing anywhere else for a third of the price.Special Features:
- Always excellent!StacySDined on 10/17/2014Always excellent food and service. They have slimmed down their menu but still has very good choices. Love all the rolls, especially the monster and anything with tuna.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun NYC Experience - but Poor ROIUnpretentiousFoodieDined on 10/17/2014This was a fun Asian Fusion experience near the heart of Broadway and Time Square. The food was good and the ambiance was fun. The service was fast and friendly (although they failed to bring something we ordered). My only complaint is that you don't get much food for the price. I ordered a sushi platter for one and barely received enough food to be satisfied. The menu says four rolls of sushi plus a Maki roll. But the four rolls were really two - sliced in half. For $25 I expected full rolls. Otherwise, the food tasted very good and the experience was a good one.Special Features:
- Never disappointed!!MUdinerDined on 10/17/2014The food is consistently great and the service is outstanding. The bus boys always keep your water glass full without having to ask and the wait staff is very attentive.Special Features:
- they've given uprcksglnylaVIPDined on 10/15/2014They no longer carry a full menu, the place was ¾'s empty on a Wednesday (after matinee/before evening performance) in the heart of theatre district. Show's over, move past.
- Not what we thought!NYCmanytimesDined on 10/13/2014The location was perfect on a rainy night. For years, I have heard of Ruby Foo's and was delighted when we could get reservations. But I should have wondered when the place was more than half empty when we got there. The waiter was arrogant and short tempered when he was there. He said the rice we needed to order extra wasn't spicy and it was. Serving utensils for the entree and plates had to be asked for. The pork was fatty. The atmosphere and decor of the room was lovely. I was in the good company of my daughters so I was happy.Special Features:
- Fun if you're in Times Squaretch7001VIPDined on 10/11/2014They do a very nice job making tasty food and catering to a high volume of folks that are coming through Times Square to go to the theater or visiting. Not a top NYC restaurant, but it is a fun place and good for families.Special Features:
- great asian cuisine in Times SquarenashfoodieDined on 10/10/2014We flew in and needed a place close by to grab some good food before starting our evening. Ruby Foo's was a great start. The appetizers and drink list variety got us started. Their sushi provided a number of unique choices and was fresh and well prepared. We had a limited wait and our waiter was knowledgeable and attentive. I recommend it highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre theater dinner with kidsAmyDDined on 10/10/2014Friendly but VERY slow service. Took 20 minutes to get cocktails...and again later when we ordered another round. Great location, my kids liked decor. Food quality average. My son waited 15 minutes for a fork, while his food got cold. $200 for an average dinner with slow service...disappointed and will not be returning.Special Features:
- Great PlaceBennyDined on 10/9/2014Great food, which was served very quickly. The staff were very attentive and provided great service. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Good Asian Food near the TheatreJohnDined on 10/7/2014The menu has interesting offerings with some odd twists on classic asian quisine. We started with the won-ton dumplings stuffed with chorizo, then had sushi incluidng a tempora fried offering. Finally we ended with some fried rice. Nice wine and beer slection as well as a full bar.
- Will not be backfrequentlyeatingoutDined on 10/5/2014Slow service, everything ala carte. Wanted to order salad but the waiter said they were out of lettuce? Really, in Manhattan? Dinner arrived and tasted like a box of salt. Don't do it, tourist trap.
- Ruby Foo'sanonymousVIPDined on 10/4/2014What a disappointing experience. We went to Ruby Foo's after taking two young relatives to see Cinderella. They love Chinese food, so we thought Ruby's would be fun. We got off to a good start with a pleasant and accommodating server, but as the room got busier, she was reassigned to other tables in the room. It took forever to get our dirty dishes removed when we were finished--some from our main course were still on the table when we left--and we had to flag another server down to order dessert. We then spent 15 minutes trying to get someone's attention to ask for our check. We finally got it only when I put my coat on and accosted another employee, pleading for our bill. It will be a long time before we try Ruby Foo's again.
- taubisanFlavafulDined on 10/3/2014My wife and I go to Ruby Foos for pre theater dinner for years. This time we discovered the menu had a major makeover. Many of the entrees we loved were no longer listed. I ordered three appetizers snd a side of jasmine rice. The rice was cold and hard. The papaya salad was tasteless. The fried calamari was dried out and without flavor. Only the Tamarind ribs were succulent and delicious. This was the first time I've been disappointed with my dining experience at Ruby Foos. Hope it was a fluke.I would recommend this to a friend.
- What Happened?AmazingVIPDined on 10/3/2014Ruby Foo's used to be a good Times Square reliable restaurant. I don't know if it was an off-night or what, but our experience was pretty bad First, the cocktails were all sub-par, bad tasting, not cheap and nothing we would ever order again The food was so-so. It used to be exciting menu and fun to order various foods. The menu is new and not very good I know a lot of sushi is frozen but our Toro was literally ice cold and solid. How was this served to us? Filet mignon sushi was just bits of meat, not filet or if it was it was not good cuts. Not a pink piece of meat anywhere in there. It was an odd experience and not cheap, for four people with drinks we spent $350 (not including tip). We won't be back
- Good foodElianaVIPDined on 10/2/2014The food is really good. Portions are just perfect (not too much and not too little). Good place to meet up with friends and share different dishes.Special Features:
- ruby feh!frequentdinerVIPDined on 9/30/2014they changed menu for the worse. food tasteless except for sushi-- all food( including sushi)small portions,high prices . used to come here several times a year- now that menu changed and food became tasteless,,never again.
- Thank youOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Celebrated husband's 50th birthday and the whole experience was amazing! Thank youSpecial Features:
- Outstanding ServicealwayseatingDined on 9/26/2014There were six of us in our party and one person in our group has a soy allergy. When we explained this to our waitperson, Nathan, he was just terrific. He went to the sushi chef and his manager to make sure that we had soy free options. Nathan came back to us several times to make sure we had everything we needed and wanted. Besides the special treatment, the atmosphere is wonderful and the food is terrific.Special Features:
- Change is not for the betterBigKorVIPDined on 9/26/2014I was surprised with scaled down menu and new look of what was once my favorite restaurant. In the past this was perfect for a big group with tons of selections. Very disappointed and doubt I will be returning.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/25/2014New smaller menu, small portions, extremely rude hostess, poor service.Special Features:
- My Boyfriend's Birthday ExperienceRUBYFOOSDined on 9/25/2014My boyfriend and I went to Ruby Foo's for the first time and boy did we have such a great time. The lush decor, the fun energetic and romantic atmosphere really made my boyfriend's birthday experience perfect. The food was outstanding and the price is affordable. Our waiter was awesome and he surprised my boyfriend with a birthday dessert at the end of dinner. I will definitely go back and I recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service.Goodfood4meDined on 9/24/2014We ordered a few dishes to share. All were great. We will definitely have this on our restaurant list do lunch or dinner the next time we are in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theatre fave in Times SquareElizabethVIPDined on 9/24/2014I've been going to Ruby Foo's for years and years; it's my favorite Times Square restaurant. The new shortened menu has kept the best and made the plates smaller for tapas-style sharing. Three of us shared a pad thai, a sushi roll and three appetizers and it was more than enough for our post-matinee meal. I always get the chicken potstickers. The chicken in lettuce leaf was a hit with my friends. It's a great place to bring out-of-town guests, as there is something on the menu for everyone, beautifully served, the staff always asks about allergies and food sensitivities, and the prices are very reasonable. Let the waitstaff know that you're going to the theatre and they will get you out in plenty of time. Great place for a large group, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and Pricey Asian FusionTrickyDined on 9/21/2014Good choice, though dangerously close to being a "theme" restaurant. High-quality and delicious food, very well presented. Service was attentive but not intrusive. Large space with appealing décor. Pricey, though, and small portions. For instance, dumplings appetizer, $12 for three dumplings. Less of a scene than Tao. Times Square location is touristy, although convenient to nearby theaters.Special Features:
- Incredible Service and Yummy FoodMarchbdayDined on 9/20/2014Our service was amazing.....not what I expected for a busy restaurant on Times Square. I changed my reservation from 3 to 4 to 5 and then back to 3 and the folks at the restaurant weren't phased in the least! The bartender explained and served up the smoothest drinks. Try the Ruby Foo! And our waiter was so accommodating....he even gave us directions to the theater. Try the Panko Encrusted Salmon for a treat along with the hot molten choc cake for dessert. YUM! I highly recommend Ruby Foos for your next trip to Times Square. I'll be back!Special Features:
- Great for pre-showBB04VIPDined on 9/20/2014Great meal pre-broadway. The service was excellent. The price was good and the food was also very good. Perfect for the whole family before the show. The waiter asked which show we were seeing and made sure we were out with plenty of time to spare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened to Ruby Foos?OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014This used to be my go-to NYC restaurant. Consistently good. Large menu. Fun. Great interesting food. Now...there is no reason to go to NYC for this! You can get better Asian food anywhere in New Jersey. I went 12:45 on a Saturday. The place was empty. Menu is super limited. Nothing special. Plain ordinary Asian food. Waitress was snotty. Food was "fair" at best. Poor value for the dollar. After frequenting this restaurant a good 25 times, I will not be back.
- Several Changes made...AndreaDined on 9/19/2014I've noticed a lot of items have been taken off the menu and the portions are smaller. This was once considered a family style restaurant but not anymore. The menu selection is reduced further every time over the past 2 years. There is less staff on hand as well; getting the attention of the waitress took some time. This was once a favorite spot of mine and my friends/family but apparently we'll be looking to have dinner at other restaurants in the area.
- After years of going here!Robert1995VIPDined on 9/19/2014This will be my last time the menu has changed a lot and not for the betterSpecial Features:
- Very slowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Pretty good food, very nice/polite, but extremely slow. Good if you have a lot of time, but not if on a tight schedule.