1232 North Wesleyan Blvd
Rocky Mount, NC 27804Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rubenscuisine.com/
- Phone: 2524461226
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Thursday 11:00 am - 2:30 pm
Lunch & Dinner Firday - Saturday 11 am - 11 pm
Sunday: 11:00am - 6:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Barbecue
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Rubens will host live jazz and blues entertainment over the upcoming months. Please see our events page at www.rubenscuisine.com
A word from Rubens, Inc.
Welcome to Rubens. Rubens features southern cuisine dishes designed with the freshest ingredients available. Our menu features appetizers such as catfish tenders, soup and salads, chicken, ribs, pork chops, BBQ and seafood. Rubens serves natural pork products and cage-free chickens. Seafood and fresh fish includes catfish, trout, whiting and salmon. Our bar serves a full range of classic and specialty cocktails, including a variety of martinis, cosmopolitans, and "Lemon drops". Premium beers and wines are available as well. Every occasion is a special occasion at Rubens from birthdays to office promotions or gatherings with friends, there is no better place to celebrate than Rubens BBQ & Blues. Parties can order directly from the menu or our event team will create a menu specially designed for your special day.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rubens, Inc. reviews from OpenTable diners
- First of all this was my firstOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013First of all this was my first time there. My parents had been there before and they enjoyed and they were getting ready to celebrate their 50th Wedding Anniversary and I thought why not take them some place that was different and some place that they enjoy. I was overall pleased with the greeting that I received. The Hostess, the servers, the cook, and the mgr (owner) was more than friendly and very accomadating to me. I really enjoyed and I will most defintely return. I really felt welcomed and the most important thing I felt like I was at home visiting family during a special time.Special Features:
- Food did not seem fresh.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/30/2013Food did not seem fresh. Staff was very friendly. Live music was nice, would recommend having it in the larger room and not the bar. Too small of a room.
- The food was good but theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013The food was good but the service was better. The waitresses were very accommodating, cheerful and prompt. Definitely we will visit again; however, I must say that in all of my travels (which has been many) this has been the first time that I've ever been served at a buffet. I always thought that a buffet was self-service. Just a bit strange and different.Special Features:
- Myself & my husband lovedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013Myself & my husband loved the experience. It was very laid back & friendly. Especially enjoyed the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Jazz.I like the astmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013Jazz.I like the astmosphere of the restuarant and the Jazz was GREAT, but the waitress did not no WHAT SHE WAS DOING. She seemed confused and lost. My advice to you to make things better by training your staff to be professionals and train the bar tender how to make a good mixed drink. Also have one person to handle the money not the bar tender she do not no what she is doing all our tickets was messed up and the waitress said it was the bar tender that handled the money. Other than that I would come back just to listen to the Jazz.
- DISAPPOINTING...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Awful experience...had to wait to be seated, I stood in line and set up my OT account and made my reservation...once seated we were ignored by wait-staff after 15 minutes we stopped a server and were told "we been so busy". A few minutes later we stopped a server and ordered our beverages AND our meals. 35 minutes later some lukewarm food was presented, when we asked about bread we were told "they done cleaned us out". There were others around us that were ignored as well, one couple had made their reservation a week in advance and they were seated 15 mins before we were. I realize that it was Valentine's evening..I had eaten there the Sunday before and suggested it for our evening out...I think that was my final visit!
- It is a great local place.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013It is a great local place. Having been there other than Valentine's I can say with experience that service is usually fantastic. On Valentine's they were extremely busy and service was slower than other times, but it was still good. The music was great. Rubens is now my place to eat out because of the combination of good food, great music and great service. I did not go to the bar (it is in a separate room from the regular dining area) so I cannot speak to it. They also serve a buffet at lunch--have not had a chance to try that yet, but look forward to doing so. The food is also very reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Live music was Fantastic,VisitorDined on 1/24/2013Live music was Fantastic, food not so much, wine was horrible.