15 Watts St.
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thersvp.com/
- Phone: 2123003162
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Seth Levine
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Contact: Eric Biberman 2123003162
A word from RSVP
Any place or event worth going to requires an RSVP. RSVP simply stands for exclusivity. From the moment one enters the restaurant the flirtation begins. As our staff greets you, you will notice the richness of design . The restaurant features a sunken dining room with a centerpiece of crystal chandeliers that are classic, timeless, and elegant. The chandeliers are nothing short of spectacular and create a sense of a royal banquet hall. The surrounding balcony dining rooms feature signature contemporary wall decorations and a montage of mirrors. RSVP's design displays timeless style. The Greenroom, or private dining room, is used for additional seating as well as private events for up to 40 guests and is centered around an enormous crystal chandelier and comes with a separate entrance. Chef Seth Levine brings over ten years of culinary experience to RSVP and has created a menu consisting of modern American dishes with a refreshing twist that will keep diners coming back.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
RSVP reviews from OpenTable diners
- good food, terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/16/2013The service was terrible and there were multiple tables open so there was no excuse. The food was very small portions, especially the ahi tuna spring ROLL ... it was one roll. The rock shrimp tempura was very good. I went with three other people and although the food was good, there were small portions the left us full, but not overly full for what we paid. Maybe had the service been better, we would have enjoyed ourselves better. Ask for a table on the lower level under the chandelier. There were big groups of people that seemed to be getting more attention than us.Special Features:
- Overall it was a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/23/2013Overall it was a good experience at RSVP, my only issue was the prices. I felt that they were extremely overpriced for no reason. Like a tiny little tomato salad was $16. But the food was tasty, service was good, and there was a DJ spinning good music.Special Features:
- 40th Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013Amazing from the moment we entered. The bar gave a cool vibe which overlook the sunken restaurant. The Truffle Artichoke Flatbread was the perfect starter at the bar, flavors were amazing left you wanting to try all the others too. Felt special just going down the stairs to our table beneath 8 chandeliers which gives off the most beautiful ambiance. Apps Burrata Mozzarella (the best we have ever had)& Miso Black Cod (flavor was perfection). Dinner 2 Truffle Honey Rack of Lamb (tender & nice sweetness), Cedar Roasted Whole Branzino (full of flavor - yet so light)& a Salmon Special (seasoning was delicious) Winner of the night side of the Large Elbow Truffle Mac & Cheese- so good almost wanted to lick the bowl!!!Special Features:
- Food good, Service horribleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013After the busboy gave us our water, our server never greeted us until he saw us put our menus down. He then came over and said "what would you like?" never introducing himself or asking if we'd like a cocktail. Our entrees were great but about half way through the entree we both finished our cocktails and our server never asked if we'd like another. 15 minutes after our entree plates were cleared by the busboy we were able to flag down our waiter to ask him if there was a dessert menu. Again our dessert was great and our drinks sat empty. 15 minutes after our dessert plates were cleared we were able to flag down our server and get our check. We will never return due to the service. Server was not busy FYI.Special Features:
- Great food always have a goodmanuelDined on 2/14/2013Great food always have a good time there. Very expensive but worth itSpecial Features:
- very good creative food.steveDined on 2/7/2013very good creative food. Slow but friendly service. Portions were too small.....TINY. Might be because we were on restaurant week?Special Features:
- Unfortunately they moved ourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/2/2013Unfortunately they moved our reservation back to 6:00. And when you're paying a babysitter, that creates a problem. We at least thought they'd offer us a drink or dessert to make up for it, but they did not. :(Special Features:
- Great find! Stumbled uponOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2013Great find! Stumbled upon during restaurant week and was extremely pleased with the find! Sampled both the rock shrimp tempura and foie gras dumpling appetizers which were fantastic, each favor melting in your mouth!Our main course was the lamb and hanger steak, both very good, bit small portions. Personally they were just the right amount of food for us, but might be disappointing for other guests expecting a larger plate (maybe due to restwk menu). For our final course we had the bread pudding which was also delicious! Unfortunately they ran out of the lava cake option as well as the melbac i had, this was the only downside to the experience, however the staff was very attentive accommodating, making it an enjoyable night! Will return!Special Features:
- Don't RSVPOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2013The waitress was horrible. She didn't even give us the Restaurant Week menu. I had to ask for it. She also couldn't really speak English, so she struggled taking our orders. I had an awful cocktail that ended up costing $17 - and we all thought the food was somewhere in the range of mediocre to subpar. And to top it off, the restaurant was empty. I won't go back, and I've told my friends not to go.
- Find somewhere elseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2013Service was extremely slow, place was empty on a Friday night and drinks were poorly made and expensive for top shelf
- Very Good ambiance but foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/25/2013Very Good ambiance but food was desapointing. What's the fuss amount?Special Features:
- Disappointing and ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 1/25/2013I found RSVP to be way overpriced. The lighting was disturbingly low in the main dining room so we asked to sit by the windows where it was drafty. Our server was very pleasant. The chopped salad was tiny and nothing I couldn't make better on my own. The truffle honey rack of lamb was small and disappointing after I specifically asked the waiter if it was tiny. Two small racks over a dollop of black garlic potato purée with a small drizzle of truffle honey. We had three courses however I left hungry. A quick glance at the sad wine list made me realize what a ripoff the establishment is. Marquis de la tour brut for $18? I will not be returning.
- Rock Shrimp are a MUST. HangerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/24/2013Rock Shrimp are a MUST. Hanger steak was cooked to perfection. Good looking crowd, awesome music, even better chocolate lava cake. Best service I've had in NYC in a LONG time.Special Features:
- Dissatisfied, food was mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/19/2013Dissatisfied, food was mediocre and overpriced. Service was not that great. It was freezing inside. Would not go back.Special Features:
- HmmmOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/18/2013Ok. Came here for restaurant week, so the price wasn't bad, although the food definitely would be overpriced at full price. The sauces on the meat was the highlight, as was the bread pudding. Ambiance was a little weird, a mix of purple and black curtains and velvet, which felt more like a lounge. Lackluster wine list though. At $25 / main, I would recommend, at $40 / main, there are better places to go.
- We went to RSVP for restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/17/2013We went to RSVP for restaurant week and were extremely disappointed. The food was bland at best, they were out of the two dessert options highlighted on the menu, and service was painfully slow. The restaurant turned into a night club half way through our meal and they actually moved the tables all around us and we were left dining in the middle of the dance floor. Terrible experience all around.
- We went to celebrate a birthday.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/17/2013We went to celebrate a birthday. We were greeted so nicely and brought to a great table. Drinks were perfect. Everything from appetizers to desert was perfection. Delicious!The waiters were attentive and very pleasant. We can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Has PotentialOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/16/2013You can tell this could easily be a HOT spot at any moment, probably later than earlier but i didn't stick around. The first thing I noticed when I walked in was the awful stench like bad B.O. that just hung in the air and subsided by end of our meal (but still there). The service was good but between dishes took a while but then we weren't rushed either. The dinner/drinks can get quite pricey. Bunch of tables with only women which makes it more enjoyable. This place could work.Special Features:
- Whoever opened up this jointOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/16/2013Whoever opened up this joint screwed up. What is this suppose to be? A restaurant? A club? A lounge? PICK ONE AND STICK TO IT! Terrible! And the food wasn't even that spectacular that I'd overlook the fact that the server dropped a fork, only to pick it up and place it back on the table!Special Features:
- Staff was very nice but theDB2468VIPDined on 1/10/2013Staff was very nice but the place seems like its trying too hard to be a cool trendy place. Menu is very mixed and has a broad variety of food from italian inspirations to asian fusion. Certain dishes were better than others. Was also very pricy for what it was.
- Contemporary, yet elegantSeanDined on 1/5/2013Contemporary, yet elegant atmosphere. Great service, good food. A very nice New York dining experience.Special Features:
- This place seems way overhypedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/17/2012This place seems way overhyped ... maybe it was better back in the day. Definitely not a "hot spot" as there were only about 15-20 people total. Despite the limited number of patrons, we still received horrible service and pretty much had to chase down our server every time we needed something (he didn't even take our dinner order until 60 minutes after us sitting ... and we had to solicit him). To top it all off, everything was absurdly overpriced. I won't be back.
- No happy hour specials. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/13/2012No happy hour specials. The bartender was confused about billing. Expensive drinks, especially for happy hour. A bottled beer was $8, and a glass of wine was $10. A limit of 12 on the oyster special. The menu for the bloomspot offer was misleading as it showed that dessert was included. The food was okay, but not worth the amount paid for the bloomspot deal, and certainly not worth $170. The cocktail menu was intriguing. The service was great. Very attentive. My bar tab cost half as much as the bloomspot deal. I will not return. Too many other places to go, many of which have true happy hour deals without limits or restrictions.
- Went with a larger group andRarelydoneVIPDined on 12/8/2012Went with a larger group and everyone loved their food. Prices aren't the best but definitely not a reason to try the restaurant.Special Features:
- Don't go on a Wed! WantedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/5/2012Don't go on a Wed! Wanted to go somewhere fun - almost STK'ish and based on the PR thought this may do. Not more than 5 ppl...hostes blamed it on a Wed night but then headed to B&E after and it was jammed!!! Had no coffee (1030 pm) and no black tea - dessert was a bust. Our server was knowledgable however and knew how to serve our dishes with artistry. Not a place to go to during the week for sure... One last positive - the best truffle Mac and cheese...mmmmm
- It was goodYummmDined on 12/3/2012I'm not sure why I'm reviewing since its closed but I miss it! It was greatSpecial Features:
- So fun and classy!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/1/2012Celebrated our Christmas dinner with all the gals here on Saturday. It was great! The service was very good. We arrived early and the hostess let us set up the gifts on the plates before our friends arrived. It was very sweet. The waiter was great and I was impressed he was able to handle all those girls! Poor guy! The music was awesome and it was perfect because it becomes a lounge, we stayed and partied the entire night at the bar. The food was very good too and the dessert! OMG - red velvet molten chocolate cake! soooooooooo gooooooooddddddd!Special Features:
- the food was not memorable,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/1/2012the food was not memorable, at best, and given the quality it was way overpriced. The ambiance sounded cool in the reviews (dj playing while you dine, i had assumed still as background music) but i couldnt even hear the person i went out with. if you are in NYC there are soooo many better options for dining. and considering a lot of those options are same price or cheaper, pick those places instead
- Living social prix fix menuOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/27/2012Living social prix fix menu was limited,but acceptable. Great decoration and atmosphere, wonderful service.Special Features:
- A Little More Subsance PleaseOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/27/2012When we walked in I was wowed. The room is beautiful and tastefully done. The service was friendly and attentive. Food presentation was spot on. So what went wrong? Given all of the above, food expectations became high, but sadly, didn't measure up. Truly a shame.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, and thedeliusfanVIPDined on 11/26/2012Great atmosphere, and the staff really were attentive to us even though I had purchased a prix fixe through a "deal" site! They made us feel quite welcome and the food was lovely. Would definitely recommend and look forward to returning at some point.Special Features:
- We came here for brunch andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/21/2012We came here for brunch and the place was completely dead. Apparently it gets much busier at night. In any case, the food was amazing and the service was good, albeit a bit informal, but I think that was because we were the only ones in the place. The host/server/bartender was very friendly and even gave us drink coupons to come back that evening. We had other plans, but the gesture was nice. We will definitely go back. Highly recommend the French Toast Box!Special Features:
- Very expensive place for mediocrejsalVIPDined on 11/18/2012Very expensive place for mediocre food. I had the caesar salad (fair, although the fried cheese the salad was in was pretty good), foie gras dumpling and tuna appetizers (former was poor, latter fair) and the salmon wellington (excellent). The white wine that came with the voucher was good. Service was excellent and the place looked nice.
- Great food and charming waiter!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/17/2012Food was excellent. As a new restaurant in the neighborhood, they tried their best to take care of us well. As the night went on and the restaurant got packed, the service fell slightly. I think they are still trying to manage the flow and figure out the groove they need to get into when busy. But they did apologize for leaving us alone a bit and for the longer than usual wait for the food. Overall an excellent experience!Special Features:
- Thank you for the lovely mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012The food was very nicely and freshly prepared. The wait staff friendly, professional and attentive but not overly so.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/16/2012The restaurant is lovely, trendy decor and has a live dj spinning. Our waiter was charming, funny and very attentive. The food was delicious. We bought a Gilt voucher and they ran out of some on the entrees on the gilt menu. The waiter brought over the regular and let my husband order anything he wanted. My husband ordered a filet mignon that was cooked perfectly. Perfectly seared on the outside and medium rare in the inside. My sister ordered the salmon in puff pastry and it was so good. For dessert, we had the french toast cake - yummy. I would definately recommend it and come back here.Special Features:
- The food wasn't impressiveDisappointedDined on 11/10/2012The food wasn't impressive and way overpriced. Our Tuna app still had tendons in it and my entre was way over salted. The drinks were okay, when I asked the server if the specialty cocktails were sweet his response was yes, they were all sweet and didn't provide a recommedation or offer an alterative. It was very loud and we really felt ignored. I wouldn't return.
- No RSVP during Holiday PartiesJoZIDined on 10/30/2012It was the worst experience ever. They seated us right in front of the door during the winter time.. Some company was having their holiday party at the same time so we were ignored most of the time. The food was nothing to write home about. I will never eat at RSVP againSpecial Features:
- Amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/27/2012The food was to die for! Small portions so order more than u would. Excellent appetizers... I recommend the crab cakes and ahi tuna spring rolls. The waiter was very nice and polite.Special Features:
- Food was absolutely amazing,SReid1VIPDined on 10/27/2012Food was absolutely amazing, steak was cooked perfectly & I've had dreams about the Truffle Mac N Cheese. The waiter was very attentive so service was awesome. A very sexy place, great for dates. I will be back.Special Features: