66 West Kinzie St
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
SteakPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 3122844990x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday- Thursday 4:00pm - 12:00a, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from RPM Steak
A modern steakhouse by Bill and Giuliana Rancic, Doug Psaltis and Lettuce Entertain YouContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
RPM Steak - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
RPM Steak reviews from OpenTable diners
247 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
hot spot (173)special occasion (169)fit for foodies (129)notable wine list (99)vibrant bar scene (88)romantic (86)good for groups (85)neighborhood gem (32)late-night find (19)scenic view (7)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Outstanding steakOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/21/2014At first, service was a bit slow for 9pm- took a while to take our order and to bring out our entree. Also, our two courses came out at different times. However, our waitress made up for it by removing the cost of the course from our bill! Great customer service. Absolutely, THE best steak (bone in ribeye) my husband has had in a long time - and he is a steak aficionado who visits chicago steakhouses regularly (a member of MSQ -Men's Steak Quarterly). We will definitely be back, and recommend the place to his club.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad first impression-but got betterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/20/2014Host was arrogant and annoying. Also, had an 8:30 reservation, got there early for a drink but didn't get a table until 10pm. The bartenders and server were fabulous and the steak was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the WaitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/20148:30 on a Monday night...I had been waiting to try RPM Steak so I was willing to accept the late start. They were clearly busy as we weren't seated for our 8:30 reservation until 9:15, but we managed to find space at the crowded bar while we waited. Our waiter was fantastic (knowledgeable, personable, and attentive) and the wine list was impressive (we went with the Kosta Browne). I had the foie gras and the 5oz. Wagyu fillet. One word for both...perfection. The night ended with cotton candy...a must! It's not your traditional Chicago steakhouse, the vibe is more LA/Vegas/NYC than Chicago, but that's what makes it fun. I wouldn't recommend going for a romantic dinner for 2 as it was loud, but it's a good date spot nonetheless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LaurenVIPDined on 10/20/2014Waited way too long for our table - everything else was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the waitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/20/2014Don't visit hungry for two reasons: 1. Even with a confirmed reservation you'll be sent to the bar area for 20-30minutes so they can keep the area energetic and woo you into buying a drink. 2. Everything on the menu sounds incredible! Even with the lengthy wait for a table the ambiance and service handly made this an incredible dining experience. yiu have to splurge and get the millionaires potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but worth itMoonRiver1VIPDined on 10/20/2014Well, I must say that their wine prices are not for the faint of heart; but this restaurant knocks it out of the ballpark in every way. The food was fantastic; our server first rate and the somelier even found a wine more in alignment with our price range that worked for us. I had a bison filet for the first time and it was so tender it could have been cut with a piece of dental floss! Certainly a special occasion or expense account menu but well worth it. We will return for a special occasion again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service and environmentJhomsIIIDined on 10/19/2014This is great place for a dinner date. Was able to book a reservation online(Open Table) and they were able to accommodate us upon arrival. The food was tasty and a good selection of wine and other alcoholic beverages.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome awesome awesome!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014i cannot tell you enough good about this restaurant!!! my experience there was amazing!!! food was beyond expectation and the staff is A+++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food...ridiculous pricesMMG1VIPDined on 10/19/2014I love RPM Italian so I was eager to try RPM Steak. The decor is very similar at both locations. It's the same great service and food, but I have to say I'm not digging the price gouging. Our bill was $160 for two people with no alcohol or appetizers. Yes, steaks in the city are pricey, but theirs seem even higher than most. One of the specials was parmesan risotto and it was priced at $49! I asked for a side of it to go with my steak. It was extremely flavorful and delicious, but that cost $24! I just feel like the owners know they struck gold with RPM and know they can overcharge at Steak because people will go and try it.Special Features:
- love everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014everything about this restaurant was good, from the service to the food, and everything in between! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Two RMP's Two Different ExperiencesNewExperiencesDined on 10/18/2014We knew we wanted to try RPM Steak once it opened based on a good experience at RPM. I got a great reservation the day they opened up. We wanted to go during a busy time. We arrived early and had a few drinks at the bar. We were seated and took our time ordering. OUr waiter who was excellent and very friendly. We ordered the Parker House Roll and they were excellent. We ordered the Bibb and Wedge salads. My wife could not finish her's (bibb) which was extremely salty. I got the RPM Cap and my wife got the Fillet. We shared a Millionaire's potato. The steaks were EXCELLENT and the potato was GOOD. We got the Cotton Candy, light! Only downsides were the salads and service attention was given to larger parties. High point was the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014RPM steak was fantastic! Our waiter was awesome! And the ombiamce was so perfect! Everyone should go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationMarkDined on 10/17/2014We celebrated a birthday at RPM all I can say is that the food was excellent, fresh and good quality , servers was very friendly and knowledgably. Our reservation was for 5:00 pm the service was superb, music was good not too loud and could still hear each other talk. Space between the tables was very good not crowed like some other restaurants.Special Features:
- Ok experience...MorethanjustfoodDined on 10/17/2014Food was good but nothing special for a city like Chicago. Our team of waiters did not seem interested in talking to each other to provide the best dining experience for us...the customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/16/2014best piece of fish I have ever had! Get the black cod!Special Features:
- Dessert was StarTAinChiDined on 10/16/2014My friend and I dined here to checkout the restaurant and the food. The atmosphere and service were excellent. The entrees were good. The sides (i.e. brussel sprouts, baked hasselback) are making a case to be the featured "star". Their portion, presentation and taste were excellent. In my opinion, forget going to RPM Steak for a steak go for the dessert. The 14k Chocolate Cake was the best restaurant cake I have ever had. Everything about it was great. If you visit RPM Steak, 14k Chocolate Cake is a must have. The portions werend presentation ut the dessert was the "star".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, decent food.sgbadVIPDined on 10/14/2014RPM Steak is a beautifully designed restaurant. However, the food was...good. Not amazing. Not melt-in-your-mouth delicious. Good steak. Good sides. Huge wine list. Good dessert.Special Features:
- Post Marathon DinnerdinnerwithafriendDined on 10/12/2014My husband and I had dinner at RPM and had a wonderful experience. We had a drink and an appetizer at the bar while waiting for our table. From beginning to end , the service was outstanding. We were well looked after and treated very kindly. We both had a steak for dinner along with a salad and potato choice ( al a carte). Granted I had just run the marathon and was really hungry, that being said, the meal was outstanding. The menu has something for everyone from great steaks, to seafood and pasta. The staff is extremely professional, polite, well groomed and prompt. We will go back again for dinner and bring friends!!Special Features:
- RPM for wedding anniversaryvicknwillten12Dined on 10/12/2014Our server Britain was excellent! RPM made several accommodations to receive my wife and I earlier than originally requested via Open Table website! I'm pleased TO SAY THAT celebrity-themed restaurants are OK!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Positive Post-Marathon ExperienceJOKAFVIPDined on 10/12/2014Service contributed most to our positive experience at RPM Steak. Our server anticipated questions about the menu, explained any and all dishes before choosing and gave us assurances on our choices. Of course the bartender and chef made good on the server's promises: best "Old Fashioned" cocktail; Recommend: Parker House Rolls, "Guiliana's Chopped Salad", "The Duke" Ribeye Filet - as extra-ordinary; a special appetizer and dessert made this post-marathon meal expereince positive, but service made it even more memorable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/12/2014The restaurant has a cool vibe. We had a couple of issues. The wine glass had a chip in it. We ordered the Tomahawk steak to share. For $155 it should be fantastic. It was good but not great. The special soufflé of the night was pumpkin and our waiter let us know if we wanted one it takes 25 minutes. We ordered one and it came out about 3 minutes later. It was terribly under cooked and tasted like raw whipped egg whites. We also ordered the peanut butter ice cream and popcorn that was fabulous. Overall the reastaurant atmosphere is great. Just wouldn't expect those flaws for an establishment of that caliber.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible bday/anniversary dinnerMommamooDined on 10/10/2014The foie gras appetizer and big alaska dessert was great but the duke and braised short rib were very disappointing. I asked for the duke medium rare and it came out medium which was super dry. I ended up wasting 1/2 of a $50 steak. When i made the reservation, i informed them of our special occassions and they did nothing. Overall, very disappointing evening, especially compared to RPM Italian and other lettuce entertain you restaurants.
- DisappointedmetzkidzVIPDined on 10/9/2014Had one night in Chicago and chose rpm steak for dinner. Trendy scene and a lot of hype for this relatively new restaurant. Went to the bar while waiting for our table. No gray goose orange- and even more shocking- no Bloody Marys! They were out of Bloody Mary mix! A steakhouse? Really???? Ordered salads- all (including the spinach special) nothing memorable. Had the bone marrow- looked cool but not much to eat and didn't enjoy it. We each ordered different cuts of steak. All came cooked as we ordered but disappointing as far as taste. We have eaten in many excellent steakhouses and this does not compare to Morton's, Ruth's Chris, Peter Luger etc. Sides nothing special either. Finally - baked Alaska for dessert. Very lemony- didn't loveSpecial Features:
- And cotton candy tooFoodieVIPDined on 10/8/2014Wow! We have enjoyed RPM Italian but this is great. Our waiter gave us some great suggestions that were spot on. Do try the crispy shrimp. We also enjoyed the Million Dollar Potato. We shared the short ribs which was plenty for two. And dessert was yummy. We spilt the Popcorn peanuts and chocolate. Only suggestion was is could use more peanuts. And the $5 cotton candy was a throw back to our childhood memoriesSpecial Features:
- HEAVENhappywifeishappylifeDined on 10/7/2014Wow!! What a wonderful night. The truffle risotto was to-die-for!! The steaks melt in your mouth. The lobster was superb. You definitely get what you pay for. Thank you for making my wife & nieces birthdays special.Special Features:
- LOVE RPM Steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014This was our second time dining at RPM Steak as the first was opening night. Both times the experience was great and the service was impeccable. The first time Brian was our server and he was fabulous - we requested him for our second visit but he was not working. We had Patrick the second time and he was just as fabulous - leaving me with the belief that all of the servers are amaze. Overall RPM is the place to go if you want a nice, chic atmosphere with great food! They are open late and the nutella bread pudding is TO DIE!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/6/2014Awesome new addition to the high end dining scene. Will give the other top players a run for their money on every level.
- Great placeFoodlvrVIPDined on 10/6/2014The service is top notch, the ambience is great and the food very good. My only complaint is we ordered two bacon appetizers and they were both very fatty. More fat than bacon. Nice flavor but I've had leaner bacon in pubs. But overall a very nice experience.Special Features:
- RPM Steak-DEliciousKjreisDined on 10/6/2014This was the best meal I've had in a LONG time. The filet was wonderful and the blue cheese whipped potatoes were to die for! The 14K chocolate cake was also delicious. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone. It was SO good I cannot say enough good things about it.Special Features:
- Munch munch munchMunchMunchMunchDined on 10/5/2014Great place for any special occasion, food was great, atmosphere was great, service was great,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable service, good food toofoodieMIVIPDined on 10/5/2014Menu is rather small and definitely pricey but the food is great and the service is even better.Special Features:
- Still ironing out linksCitydinerDined on 10/4/2014Cool restaurant, good food and good service....with two exceptions. Waiter goofed on order and didn't have dinner for our friend. So we all sat with our meals waiting for his to arrive....about 15 minutes. Waiter recommended chocolate cake and after ordering it, he returned saying they were out of it. In the end, he took the dessert we did get off the bill, but good customer service would have taken off the delayed entree from the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious foodbuckeyegirlVIPDined on 10/2/2014Amazing corn and veggie salad. Hasselback potato tasted burnt. Pb choc dessert was wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gest food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014We happen to go the day President Obama was there so the wait was long but so worth it! Our server was Sam and he was awesome! Food was so amazing definitely coming here again. The wine that Sam suggested was also great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExpieranceJanBDined on 9/29/2014The food was excellent, the service was immpeccable.Special Features:
- Must DomyluvaffairwithfoodDined on 9/28/2014We've been coming to Chicago @ least once/year since 2002 for the National Bridal Market & the Chicago Collective. Each trip is a dining adventure, as we attempt to experience new & old restaurants alike. A few years back we went to RPM Italian. This year, RPM Steak. My manager & I shared the filet & the lobster. It was delectable. Cooked just right from the steak to the seafood to the vegetables. The wine was woody and smooth. The 14K chocolate cake was like no dessert I have ever eaten. The staff was friendly, competent and attended to our needs quickly and efficiently. I highly recommend RPM Steak to any foodies out there!!! (And of course it is a lovely spot for romance - large 1/2 circle booths .... very intimate and comfortable).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RPM Steak does not disappoint!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2014From Service to Food expect to be wowed. From the moment we walked in, the host staff was warm and friendly . Our reservation was for 5pm and I was seated at my table promptly. There is consistently someone at your table offering service. Rather it's to simply refill your water or to clear the table , bring you a fresh drink . Service does not disappoint. Food is perfect and amazing . They do not lie when they say the Shrimp appetizer is plenty for two people to share , and the millionaire potate hope you have room, that thing is huge! Split it with the entire table, from watermelon cotton candy to the New York cheesecake the desserts are heavenly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in chicagoOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/27/2014I had the Tomahawk Waygu ribeye and millionaires potato, absolutely phenomenal. Service was just as good. Excellent experience.Special Features:
- RPM SteakRmsinDined on 9/27/2014RPM Streak is a good place if you want to tell people you went to RPM Steak. It is ok if you just want to eat a steak. The menu is simple and easy to navigate to find something that will fit your tastes. I was more turned off with the service. We got there at 9:15 for a 9:30 appointment and didn't sit until 9:55. There is one bench that holds 4 people. There were 15 people in lobby. The server seemed upset when I didn't order a $125 steak. It felt like she was working on commission. I still ended spending $200+. Would I come back? Probably not anytime soon. The bone marrow was fantastic! The bread was great. The dessert was ok.Special Features:
- ReviewHollyVIPDined on 9/27/2014Personally, I felt the steak was not good. Also, the spiniach has way to much salt. Mashed potatoes and our drinks were great!! Absolutely love the millionaires baked potato. Our waiter was a gentleman upstairs and he had a terrible attitude. I feel that it's more of a pick up spot than a fancy steak restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.