52 West Illinois
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://rpmitalian.com/
- Phone: 3122221888x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Friday: 4:00pm-1am, Saturday: 3:00pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 12:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Doug Psaltis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Special Events:
A word from RPM Italian
RPM Italian presents cuisine that is modern in approach and Italian in spirit, with dishes intended to be shared. Chef partner Doug Psaltis has created a menu which features a variety of cold and hot antipasti, more than a dozen freshly prepared in-house pastas, and a selection of salads, prime steaks, chops and slow-roasted meats. The restaurant also has an open bar area where guests can order a signature cocktail created by acclaimed bartender Paul McGee, or enjoy a glass of wine from their extensive list. Sophisticated and chic, RPM Italian is perfect for a great meal or late night out.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
RPM Italian - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
RPM Italian reviews from OpenTable diners
1126 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (751)hot spot (685)fit for foodies (606)romantic (563)good for groups (386)vibrant bar scene (377)notable wine list (344)neighborhood gem (221)late-night find (142)great for lunch (81)great for brunch (34)kid-friendly (28)scenic view (23)great for outdoor dining (7)Show More
- Lovely Experience & food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Great setting for a wonderful meal! Our Waitress, Brittany, was the best we have EVER had. We were still talking about her the next day! Thanks for a great evening and dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great buzz and delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014RPM had a great atmosphere and the food was amazing! I've never tasted such flavourful chicken. The pastas were also delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BellisimakaypdeeDined on 9/28/2014We went all-out on a dinner for 2 - great wine recommendations from the sommelier, waitress was incredibly informative and helpful and friendly - all in all a delicious meal - made even more special as my friend is a huge Giuliana fan so wanted to eat at her restaurant.Special Features:
- New favoriteTaybear44Dined on 9/28/2014The food, ambiance and service is wonderful here. Cannot go wrong in whatever you choose!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So delish!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/28/2014Loved it! The food was fabulous. Everything was very tasty. I will have to come back to try the rest of the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Phenomenal food, great atmosphere, wonderful service, parmesean risotto was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok at bestBecsDrewDined on 9/26/2014The food was good but nothing spectacular. Nothing made me want to come back or recommend the place. The ambiance was cold and sterile. Tried too hard to be cool kinda place. The menu was disappointing.Special Features:
- A lot of fun. Good price point.KimBDined on 9/26/2014We will be back. It's a really nice place, good price point and a fun atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievable!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/26/2014We have been in Chicago for 8 days and have had multiple great dining experiences during this trip and RPM topped them all. It was outstanding! The ambience was lovely, the service was excellent and the food was amazing! From the meatballs, fried olives and wood-roasted octopus we shared as appetizers to the mouthwatering truffle risotto and spicy king crab pasta and then even more amazing entree specials, it was incredible! I would highly recommend RPM! I will be back the next time I'm in Chicago!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant in ChicagoAnthonyNataliaDined on 9/26/2014A nice place in downtown Chicago. Vibrant. Classy - a nice attire ("smart casual") is suggested. The wine list is extensive (though we don't drink :). The menu is simple yet delicious. We ordered an heirloom salad (very fresh!) and wild mushroom sagnarelli and sweet potato gnocchi. I would go a bit less on the butter in the butter sauce that accompanied these pasta dishes but otherwise, everything was delicious. Espresso and cappuccino were lovely. We had black mission figs and tartufo for dessert. The figs were scrumptious. The tartufo - not so much: it's not a dessert that's made in the house and it shows. I love the chocolate + hazelnuts combo but this dessert was just meh. BUT we'll definitely be back next time we're in Chicago! :)Special Features:
- AmazingFoodieDined on 9/25/2014So being a Rancic fan decided to check her place out thinking the food was gonna be upscale and trendy. The food was astounding started with a salad then I got the carbonara pasta which is amazing!! Good wine list and the best part was dessert! Fried donuts with a side if Nutella and something else that was delicious. Great atmosphere and amazing food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceBonoDined on 9/25/2014Our waiter was excellent they made us feel very special. The food was good and when something was not right, they fixed it right away!Special Features:
- Second visit as good as the firstJoegmeDined on 9/25/2014Once again a great experience, fantastic food and service. This place does not disappoint!Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationturtleDined on 9/25/2014Our overall experience was great from the time we arrived to have a drink before dinner to our table being ready on time to our waiter who was so helpful with recommendations and help with gluten free items. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing foodJlovingchicagoDined on 9/25/2014Overall great experience! Fantastic food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still our favoritePjoeVIPDined on 9/25/2014We never tire of the great service, food and atmosphere. We can't seem to dine anywhere else!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoudFlyboyrhDined on 9/24/2014The music was loud and the overall sound level made it hard to visit with fellow diners. The tables were too close to the diners next to us. Waiter was a little not very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceGillyVIPDined on 9/24/2014Took my sister for her 50th birthday on a Wednesday night. The place was buzzing. Great atmosphe and the staff were very friendly. The menu looked fantastic and I wish it was in my town so I could go back and try everything. I will definitely be going back when next in ChicagoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazeballs!ChelleknkVIPDined on 9/22/2014This was the most beautifully appointed restaurant I have ever seen. Everything is perfect. The decor- the music - the ambiance - everything. The atmosphere is elegant but not stuffy. The food is amazing and the service - perfect. No hype here - just perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot.DreamDined on 9/22/2014Excellent food. Fun, vibrant, great crowd. Make reservations early.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodReallifeurbanspoonerDined on 9/21/2014First visit to RPM. Waitress was friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. Had great food and service, the food came out really quickly. Definitely would come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Yes, the portions are a little on the small side, but we normally get too much pasta to finish at most places anyway. We ordered a variety of dishes and had a family style meal. So, enjoyable. Our server, Mary, was so knowledgeable and attentive--It was a refreshing experience. Thanks for being here and I will be back.Special Features:
- Just missed the mark.LuxurytravelerDined on 9/20/2014I was so happy to finally try RPM. I wanted to like it so much more, but it could use some improvements. 9pm reservation, and we were not seated until after 9:30pm (arrived 10 minutes ahead of time). Several patrons seemed to be waiting, so we didn't feel singled out. NO seats at the bar available (later noticed a 2nd bar in the back we didn't check). The waiter was friendly but too busy to manage his tables with spot on service you would expect from a high end establishment as such. A lot of waiting for food. Limited 2 top tables and they are designed in a way that is not very private. Better seating for parties of 4+. Our appetizers needed seasoning. The meatballs were amazing. Our pasta was lovely. Portions were perfect.Special Features:
- amazingegillDined on 9/20/2014Excellent food, awesome wait staff. Reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014This is my second visit to RPM and it has impressed me on each occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014Great service. We were sat immediately and our waitress (who I believe was on her 1st night) did a great job. Very happy with her.Special Features:
- Best PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014This was a great dinning experience, amazing food and great customer service!Special Features:
- Delicious!yummkDined on 9/19/2014The waiter was super friendly and made the experience more enjoyable. The mushroom arancini was to die for! Everything our group ordered exceeded our expectations. The bucatini was a very good pasta option with a different flare. It was my birthday and they brought me out a dessert from the restaurant. Overall, it was a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- G and B did it right!NDRocks1Dined on 9/19/2014I have been wanting to try RPM Italian since it opened and we finally made the trip from South Bend to try it. It did not disappoint. The food was amazing, portions are small but they tell you that before you order. My husband and I shared two appetizers, two meals and a dessert and left full. Along with great food came great service and an amazing atmosphere. I'm glad this is where we spent our Anniversary dinner this year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Amazeballs dinnner!! We were seated right away when we arrived. The servers were very friendly and explained the menu and specials throughly. Great glass of wine they were sampling that evening. Fried olives for appetizer was the perfect size, G's Italian salad was delicious, mama depandis pasta was by far the best pasta I've ever had - still dreaming of it! Bills desert was sooo rich and flavorful! Everything was very reasonably priced also. Definitely recommend visiting, I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KatieDined on 9/19/2014LOVED RPM! Our waiter, Bob, was excellent. He shared just enough information about the menu and food recommendations, didn't hover over us, allowed us to enjoy the atmosphere and the food. I would highly recommend this place to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingMMMINDDined on 9/18/2014Our experience completely lived up to the hype. The atmosphere is awesome, service was great, and food was fantastic. Best bolognese sauce I have ever had. Highly recommend to all.Special Features:
- AMAZING!!!aektroopDined on 9/18/2014I have been looking forward to going to RPM Italian since hearnig about its opening. It was much more lively than I expected! The food was absolutely wonderful, and the price points were incredibly reasonable. Service was awesome, and the server was very knowledgeable. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Larry SchweizereLarryDined on 9/18/2014Mallory was our server. She was exceptional. We parked valet and I always keep a roll of quarters in the car for tolls. When we got to the toll booth to head back to Mount Prospect it was missing. We gave the Valet 20.00. Thought that was more than enough. Guess we were mistaken.Special Features:
- Great food, portions too smallOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014The nondescript exterior with minimal signage leads to an interior with an unpretentious, but upscale ambience. Our waitress was engaging and attentive. For appetizers we had the fried zuchinni and truffle garlic bread, both fantastic. I had the lobster ravioli for the main course and while it was good, it didn't nearly rival the quality of the appetizers. The portion sizes were much less than what you would expect for a $16 plate (5 or 6 ravioli). All of us agreed the portion of our meals - all pasta dishes - wasn't nearly enough and we left still a bit unsatisfied.Special Features:
- Worth it!TDarnellDined on 9/18/2014I traveled from Houston just to try this restaurant. It did not disappoint! Every course was great! And my server made sure to make it special! Ask for Brittany! She was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Awesome food, amazing service! The whole vibe was amazing, totally crowded but it didn't feel crowded. Lots of laughter and fun going in around you. Great place to eat with friends and have a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014I had booked this venue via email earlier in the year.I had rang to confirm booking the day before. We arrived to be told to wait in bar even thou booking was for eight thirty pm. We were seated by nine pm. Tables were too close togethermSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!shmiz023Dined on 9/16/2014My girlfriends and I have been twice. The plates are smaller, but we like it. We get 3 small plate appetizers, a pasta each (or shared) and at least two desserts. We have always left satisfied and not too stuffed. My recommendations: Brussel Salad Big Tuna Bruschetta CarbonaraSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!KateVIPDined on 9/16/2014Excellent experience start to finish. Server was knowledgeable, attentive, and spot-on in her recommendations. We had truffle risotto, lamb chops, and carbonara - everything was hot and delicious. For dessert, server introduced us to Nocello, a walnut liqueur we loved. I can't wait to come here again. BEST italian in the LEYE program.Special Features: