52 West Illinois
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://rpmitalian.com/
- Phone: 3122221888x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Friday: 4:00pm-1am, Saturday: 3:00pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 12:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Doug Psaltis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Special Events:
A word from RPM Italian
RPM Italian presents cuisine that is modern in approach and Italian in spirit, with dishes intended to be shared. Chef partner Doug Psaltis has created a menu which features a variety of cold and hot antipasti, more than a dozen freshly prepared in-house pastas, and a selection of salads, prime steaks, chops and slow-roasted meats. The restaurant also has an open bar area where guests can order a signature cocktail created by acclaimed bartender Paul McGee, or enjoy a glass of wine from their extensive list. Sophisticated and chic, RPM Italian is perfect for a great meal or late night out.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
RPM Italian - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
RPM Italian reviews from OpenTable diners
1128 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (766)hot spot (690)fit for foodies (607)romantic (569)good for groups (385)vibrant bar scene (366)notable wine list (344)neighborhood gem (221)late-night find (135)great for lunch (82)great for brunch (36)kid-friendly (26)scenic view (23)great for outdoor dining (8)Show More
- MilaDined on 9/6/2014Food and service was exceptional, as always! However, waiting over 20mins to get seated when we had late night reservations-unacceptable.Special Features:
- KVSVDined on 9/6/2014I waited since RPM opened to get a reservation on trips to Chicago from Portland OR! I was thrilled to have a reservation at 10:30 pm. RPM has quite a reputation with the strength of ownership with the Melman family, the quality backgroud of Doug Psaltis and who doesn't know about the Rancic's and Mama DePandi! I had high expectations but was completle wowed from start to finish. The FOH manager Keva has the BEST personality and smile, the bar was packed with quite an age range and had the best ambiance, when seated for our meal we surprisingly were served two of the most distinctive appetizers, fried ravioli and the proscuitto balls that had me at hello! The service is impeccable and you feel like you have your own private staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticfoodguyDined on 9/6/2014food was beautiful and delicious. Service, spectacularSpecial Features:
- Loved itGocubsgo16Dined on 9/6/2014I have been waiting to dine here for awhile, so being it was my birthday, I thought rpm would be the perfect place to go to celebrate! Was not disappointed at all. Food was great, the service was great! I loved every second of it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Devine Food, atmosphereLuxyvicDined on 9/6/2014One of the best meals I have had in a long time. Great Service, Great Waitress, Food was delicious, drinks were great selection. Food was top notch.Special Features:
- "happening place"hotspot4sureDined on 9/5/2014My wife and I enjoyed her birthday dinner at rpm. Service , food and atmosphere was great!!! We will visit RPM every time we come to Chicago. ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticRssharpeDined on 9/5/2014Great staff, great food. Made our night one we will not forget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bucket List...BEST EverSeedembonesDined on 9/5/2014My BFF and I celebrated our Birthdays there for dinner. This was on her bucket list and we had the best time. The food was Awesome and the waiter was such a doll. We LOVED, LOVED, LOVED RPM.Special Features:
- A must-do when visiting ChicagoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014My sister-in-law and I fully-enjoyed our experience at RPM Italian this past weekend. We were very pleased with the overall ambience, the food was spectacular, and the service was spot on. Thank you for a wonderful experience and we hope to be back really soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewjackiebVIPDined on 9/4/2014The food was wonderful. Service very attentive and decor a wonderful mix of ultramodern and contemporary. Were given a corner banquette which was wonderful to take in the sights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hip Trendy Italian SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/4/2014I must admit that this restaurant was not quite what I imagined, but we did enjoy it very much. It's very hip & trendy with lively Night Club music playing at a relatively loud level. Not your typical Italian restaurant. But the food was creative and very good and the service was EXCELLENT. I wish I could remember our server's name. He was fantastic. I would certainly recommend - just be aware that it's more of a big city, night club feel "black and white" restaurant, as opposed to a neighborhood Italian bistro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved RPMChicagoDined on 9/4/2014My husband and I were visiting Chicago from California. RPM sounded like a hot spot because of G&B. I booked reservations early (4 weeks) and could only get a Thursday at 5:30pm. It was difficult to find as there are no outside advertising except for a small menu on the wall. The hostess and greeters are very snooty and put off by patrons. The atmosphere looked to be good. The bar area was busy and seemed to be more of the happening place besides the formal seated area. My raspberry lemon drop was not good. (I've had better in a dive bar) The food was really good. Portions are super small but pricing for Chicago wasn't bad. We had a wide variety of items and everything was really good.Special Features:
- Special occasion.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/4/2014My sister was in from Sacramento and wanted to go to RPM. We split our meal and it was divine!!Special Features:
- WowNmajaliDined on 9/3/2014It is just a must-try when in Chicago, it is as good as advertised!! Actually it's better than advertised!Special Features:
- Amazing experience!GlenVancouverDined on 9/3/2014Although our reservation was 30 minutes late, the experience afterwards more than made up for it. The GM was apologetic as was the rest of the staff we cam in contact with. We were comped 2 small appetizers for the trouble. But what set this place apart, besides the service, was the food. It was amazing. My partner is Italian and she is hard to impress as she compares everything to her nona's, but she was thoroughly impressed with our appetizers, pasta and shared main. It was a LOT of food, so we left stuffed. The prices were as expected from a high end dining experience, but not overtly so. We felt the value for the money was well worth it. We'd go back again but we were visiting from Vancouver, Canada, so it may be a while. Thanks RPM!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best italian food in chicagoloz929406Dined on 9/2/2014went to a few italian resturants but this one topped the cake. meatballs were to die for and im italian myself so im used to nonnas meatballs they almost tasted the same pappadelle pasta was awesome the affogato topped my night offSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great environment lacks good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014Ambiance and Service were both great! Food was salty and lacked quality.Special Features:
- So delicious!!!rpmloverDined on 9/2/2014This is my second time to RPM Italian and I just absolutely love it. The food is so delicious! The restaurant is beautifully decorated. The staff are lovely. I highly recommend the Mama DePandi's Bucatini. But above all - you need to have a meatball! You can add a meatball to any meal - small size or softball sized. The meatballs are to die for! I mentioned in my reservation that my husband and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary; the waiter brought us champagne to celebrate! They obviously actually read their notes and want their customers to have an enjoyable experience. Also, the fancy doughnuts they have as dessert (can't remember the fancier name for them), but they are wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popular!OldFoodieVIPDined on 9/2/2014Very hard to get a (7-9 pm) reservation! Great for sharing. Everything excellent. High noise level made the waitress hard to hear. Enjoyed it. Will try to go back!Special Features:
- 10/31/2014bdayparty31Dined on 9/2/2014Drinks were pricy & not fab, fried olives ok, ricotta bread fab, cheese plate vg, tomatoe salad sent back, salmon good, brussle sprout ok, broccali ok, pasta rag type dish good, calamari ok. Nice enough waitress. Servers vg. Once was enough.Special Features:
- Highly recommendLuvfinediningDined on 9/2/2014Incredible staff, perfect atmosphere, food delicious and 100% romantic. We will definitely return and recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first impression......AwesomeVIPDined on 9/2/2014Great menu, awesome food, good service and great overall experience. Valet service is a bit off but manageable.Special Features:
- RPM ItalianVisit10Dined on 9/2/2014Nice black and white decor. Loved the presentation of the ceasar salad. Ceasar salad w/anchovies was excellent. Enjoyed the lobster ravioli although only 6 pieces are given. For the $17 price, that's not bad. Ordered filet. Was a bit burned on the outside but was seasoned. Would recommend if you are looking for a nice italian restuarant.Special Features:
- Where's the food???MattGDined on 8/31/2014Dined with three people on Sun. night. We were pumped to go, making reservations about 1.5 months ago, stared down the menu in excitement, waited all day (and pushing aside other opportunities to eat in anticipation of dinner), and finally, the time came. Were told to wait for our reservation because they were running behind (~20 mins). Seated, and eventually greeted. After a quick review of the menu, we ordered up 2 app's and 4 entrees. All were severely lacking in the "quantity" department. The food itself? Pretty good. But when you order a tortellini dish, you actually get 5 pieces of pasta. The portions were extremely small. Bruchetta was one 4"x1" piece of toast cut into four pieces. Overall, we went, and we won't be back.Special Features:
- Best restaurantElleDined on 8/31/2014Meal was one of the best Ive had, service was fantastic and the place was beautiful. Such a fun place to be. Would definitely return if Im in Chicago in the futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy, but goodGK2014Dined on 8/31/2014The restaurant was busy, but our service and food were both quick and very good. They were very responsive to our group's food allergies and the food that came out was delicious. Our server were very knowledgeable about the menu and offered suggestions to accommodate the food allergies. The food was delicious (although next time I'd skip the steak and stick with the pasta dishes) and the tiramisu dessert was so good!Special Features:
- ExcellentDjdannyd28Dined on 8/31/2014Excellent location to done. Food was great and the staff was awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!kWwwVIPDined on 8/31/2014We brought our kids and all shared our dishes. Food was delicious and great portions, not too big!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerMunecaDined on 8/31/2014The staff was very friendly. They sat us at our table right way, even though they were very busy. Served us complimentary wine. The flower squash appetizers were amazing! My lasagna was excellent!! I would definitely recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENTAlskiDined on 8/31/2014Service was great! Friendly staff. Our server was "second to none" Food outstanding! It was a memorable occassion for my daughter's birthday!. Thank you for making her day extra special !!Special Features:
- RPM is fantastic!Shelley1570Dined on 8/31/2014Long awaited and well worth it. Our server was knowledgeable and accommodating. Great menu and food was delish! Can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014RECOMENDED BY AN OUT OF STATE FRIEND. WENT THERE FOR MY WIFES BIRTHDAY AND HAD A WONDERFUL MEAL. COULDN'T HAVE HAD BETTER SERVICE, AND THE FOOD WAS OUTSTANDING. i WISH I COULD REMEMBER OUR WAITERS NAME, BUT HE WAS OUTSTANDING. ALL OF HIS RCOMENDATIONS WERE FANTASTIC. OUR FIRST TIME DINING THERE. WILL NOT BE OUR LAST.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The food and service was excellent. We had reservations for 3:00 and got seated right away. Our waitress was very knowledgable of the food and specials. The desserts were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpricedexperienceitallDined on 8/31/2014Service was mediocre and unenthusiastic. We came here before about a year ago, and had a better experience with the ambience and energy. The food was just o.k and over-priced. Entriees are a la carte...which is what makes it expensive. Side salads are all over $10. The fritto misto was tasteless. It is a beautiful restaurant though.Special Features:
- Good mealTimFDined on 8/31/2014It was a great menu and food was beautifully presented and tasted delicious. Menu was well priced. Only drawback was that we were seated right by the entrance so felt like we were on the 'highway' with people being ferried to their tables or congrugating at the door to say their goodbyes. Additionally it was a bit disruptive as they undid doors to different sections whilst eating. Would still recommend to friends and family visiting Chicago.Special Features:
- Thank you!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014I have been to RPM before and it never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent stafflivetoeatDined on 8/30/2014The staff at RPM was top notch. I totally mixed up my reservation and arrived on the wrong evening. The staff graciously found my family a table and made our family trip to Chicago amazing! we absolutely loved the food and had a wonderful time. Thanks again RPM!Special Features:
- 100 % Nailed It!JRFeltzioDined on 8/30/2014From the front desk staff to the waiters, everyone was working as a team, very fluid for a fast paced environment. Well orchestrated and prompt service made it it feel like you were in a very professional restaurant. The menu and food speak for themselves. The waiter was only 3 weeks in and it felt like he has been there for 5 years. Definitely recommend to anyone in the Chicago area. @JRFeltzioSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!Bick369Dined on 8/30/2014Every aspect of the experience was fantastic! The food was wonderful! This was our first visit and the waiter was great with explaining everything if we had questions. Definitely on the 'do it again' listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great expierence!BeBackSoonDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I went to RPM for the first time and we could not have been more impressed! Everything from the bar, to the food portions was perfect! We booked another reservation as soon as we got home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.