52 West Illinois
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://rpmitalian.com/
- Phone: 3122221888x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Friday: 4:00pm-1am, Saturday: 3:00pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 12:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Doug Psaltis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Special Events:
A word from RPM Italian
RPM Italian presents cuisine that is modern in approach and Italian in spirit, with dishes intended to be shared. Chef partner Doug Psaltis has created a menu which features a variety of cold and hot antipasti, more than a dozen freshly prepared in-house pastas, and a selection of salads, prime steaks, chops and slow-roasted meats. The restaurant also has an open bar area where guests can order a signature cocktail created by acclaimed bartender Paul McGee, or enjoy a glass of wine from their extensive list. Sophisticated and chic, RPM Italian is perfect for a great meal or late night out.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
RPM Italian - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
RPM Italian reviews from OpenTable diners
1041 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (679)hot spot (675)fit for foodies (605)romantic (495)good for groups (357)vibrant bar scene (350)notable wine list (311)neighborhood gem (205)late-night find (134)great for lunch (79)kid-friendly (33)great for brunch (33)scenic view (23)great for outdoor dining (6)Show More
- Great RecommendationOHBoy614VIPDined on 10/27/2014A friend had told me about RPM and so I was determined I would go next time I was in Chicago. I'm not at all disappointed. The decor was simple and elegant and the service impeccable. The menu was complete without being overwhelming and the food was amazing. The brussels sprouts salad is worth going back for and the Tuscan-Style Pork was absolutely delicious! I will be back!Special Features:
- Great food. Great ambiance.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2014Could feel the Chicago vibe. The food was excellent and good prices. Excellent wait staff. Was expecting more of the LA typical celebrity restaurant hype, and blah food, but not at all. Great food, good crowd in bar and restaurant. Good, fun wait staff and good prices. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/26/2014Loved the food. Portions slightly small for price.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDINGOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2014RPM has to be one of the best restaurants we have ever eaten at!! The food was outstanding - the service was outstanding - everything was fabulous!!! RPM will be our first stop for dinner next time we are in Chicago!!!Special Features:
- So NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2014I've been there twice and this last time, my husband and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary and finding out we are having baby #2. They brought us a glass of champagne for my hubby and mocktail for me.Special Features:
- the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014Get the semolina toast with ricotta and tomato spread; if you don't, you're doing yourself a disservice and I hate you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seriously disappointedTonyjenkDined on 10/25/2014Heard so much about this place before making a reservation. To start the table we were seated at was so wobbly my water spilled. I started to think if they can't get the tables right how is the food going to be? Ordered 600 day Proscutto was very tender and tasty but the rest of our apps (fried olives, wood fired Octopus) were terrible the olives were so small and Octopus for 15 dollars I would expect more than 7 small chewy fishy pieces. Then on to the pasta courses I ordered Cavatelli with pork and beef my wife ordered Bucitini pimadoro with basil. My dish besides being so small I would have ordered two was tasty. The Bucitini was spicy and the pasta was clumped together at the bottom of the bowl. So many better Italian places in Chicago!
- best food, hot hot spot, amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Friday the 24th of October and our server was amazing!!! He gave us complimentry champagne and dessert and it made my fiancé and myself day!! I will go back EVERYTIME im in Chicago and can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/24/2014Excellent experience, the food was great, very good service. Reservations went very smooth.Special Features:
- Trendy10ICDined on 10/24/2014We loved the food and the service, both were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so tastybuffiefoodieDined on 10/22/2014We celebrated my nieces birthday at RPM Italian this week and were so impressed. The food was outstanding! The flavors in every dish blew us away, from the kale salad to the halibut, it was truly a tasty experience. The mini gelato cones that they brought out for my niece were adorable. I really appreciated all the little touches from the shape of the plates to the mini seasoning container that came with the pizette. We had to wait a few minutes for the table which was fine as we found two seats in the bar. I can't wait to go back, next time I might sit in the bar area.Special Features:
- Great SpotG8spots2eatDined on 10/21/2014I was very impressed from the ambiance to the phenomenal food everything was spot on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good OnceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/20/2014This was my second time here and I felt like it was similar to my first experience. The food was good, the service was good, and the place is cute. Its just okay. There are a lot of options in Chicago so its hard to be super impressed, but this place good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing recommendationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Duncan Keith recommended this place to us and it was by far the best meal and experience we had while in ChicagoSpecial Features:
- Ahhhhh, the perfect al dente!!SchatzyDined on 10/19/2014RPM was awesome and the service was great. Our server was David who was perfectly energetic and knowledgeable. The truffle garlic bread, the squid ink pasta and Giuliana's Italian salad were all nothing short of excellent. I'm a pasta nerd so I must reiterate that the pasta was the perfect al dente! Excellent job RPM and David was a wonderful compliment to your food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor bartendingRPNNDined on 10/19/2014I have dined at RPM numerous times and without a doubt, they have the worst bar service I've seen in a long time. Their bartenders are inattentive and make zero effort to ensure timely service to patrons.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerLuvqdineDined on 10/19/2014Tasty food-great atmosphere. The first bite was the best. The dessert did was just ok. Entree delicious. Fast service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect...JJH0217Dined on 10/19/2014In most Italian restaurants you receive a portion that is large enough to feed a small family. Not so at RPM Italian, and that's what I love about it. The food is outstanding and the portions appropriate. They give you attentive service without feeling rushed.Special Features:
- ExquisiteNewChicagoDined on 10/19/2014This was my first time dining at RPM Italian. I found the atmosphere very pleasing and relaxed. The bar was laid out nicely with plenty of television monitors (sports fans will be pleased). Our waiter, Alex, was extremely gracious and helpful in telling us about the specials that evening. The food portions are decent and the dessert was perfect! Looking forward to another visit!Special Features:
- LovelyGiulianawasrightDined on 10/19/2014Everything from our friendly and knowledgable waitress to the wine list to the homemade ricotta, to carbonara finished table side was phenomenal. Loved the look of the place, got takeout again the next day! Wish they had one in New Orleans!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing girls night dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014My best friend and I went to RPM for a girls night dinner. We loved it. The family style menu where you can share the dishes was right up our alley. The restaurant was beautiful and the food was delicious. We will definitely go back. Mama DiPandi's pasta dish was my favorite! With Giuliana's italain salad a close second.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarianneMattsmom21Dined on 10/18/2014We had a wonderful time. The appetizers were great and the food was outstanding. I am Italian and the meatball was one of the best I have ever had.Special Features:
- my reviewbmriveraDined on 10/17/2014RPM Italian was amazing!!! All around great experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!ItalygirlDined on 10/17/2014This was our second time visiting RPM - it had been a year or so since our last visit. I enjoyed it even more this time - great food and a nice table toward the back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014Waiter was attentive, checking with us frequently. He wasn't as fluid with descriptions as might have been expected. The food presentation was superb. All items were well prepared and tasty and more quantity than expected!(waiter didn't fill us in on amount per item) Deserts were were also phenominal. All in all, excellent! Pricie, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wind&DineDineInStyleDined on 10/16/2014Great way to show friends in town that Chicago knows how to dine in style!Special Features:
- It was a good experienceUbaniaDined on 10/16/2014I guess after hearing all of the hype about this restaurant, I was a little disappointed. The ambiance was great and the service was some of the best I've ever had, but the food was just OK (in my opinion). This restaurant would be great for a date and I would definitely go back for the experience.Special Features:
- Awesome!RJW2001Dined on 10/15/2014Great service! Good food! Look for the red shoe in the ceiling & ask about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Amazing!LuvItalianDined on 10/15/2014I am not from the Chi town area but have made about 12 visits to RPM - first on my list every time I am in town. Reservations are a must. The service is exceptional. The food - - amazing! And every time! I love Italian food and RPM never disappoints. On my most recent trip, I enjoyed the eggplant parmesan - just like my Nona's! Never one to pass on dessert, I had the cannoli - what a treat. A petite cannoli in a light airy shell with just the right hint of orange in the crème - unlike others I have had. Thanks Giuliana and Bill for working your magic on such a delightful restaurant - please open one in California!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lives up to the hypepkwhouVIPDined on 10/14/2014This was my first visit here. I had high expectations, and overall they were met. The bar staff was friendly and efficient and when I got to my table, my waitress was very engaging, made great suggestions from the specials of the day, and took great care of me overall. The food came out quickly and everything I tried was tasty. I would gladly go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!geegeeottawaDined on 10/14/2014This is obviously a very popular spot. We were lucky to score a reservation at the last minute. We all enjoyed our selections especially the lobster ravioli. Although we were told that the pasta portions were small they were perfect after an appetizer. Very attentive service. Beautifully decorated restaurant. Lots of young professionals.Special Features:
- ivania7Dined on 10/13/2014Love this restaurant! Try the ink spaghetti and the bread with ricotta.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/13/2014RPM Italian was amazing. The service was outstanding and the food was perfect. Couldn't have asked for a better evening. We will definitely go back the next time we are in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tres fab!foodiewannabeDined on 10/12/2014I was concerned about this trendy not 'chef driven' restaurant....and was pleasantly surprised! Great food. Great staff. Would recommend to others and would happily return myself!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot to dineadb260Dined on 10/12/2014Went here on a Sunday night (make sure to get reservations well in advance). Dinner was amazing! Our server, Christie, was very attentive to our every need. We had the stuffed peppers, the Bolognese, the pomodoro as well as the coffee gelato. Everything is made to share, but it makes it perfect to try multiple dishes. The pasta is all made in house and you can tell a lot of love was put in to every dish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous and Delicious!DeliciousfindsDined on 10/12/2014My sister and I made reservations a month in advance knowing that we would be starving after running the Chicago Marathon. Not only was the ambiance great, but our waitress was knowledgeable and friendly, and the food was "to die for". We typically don't get dessert, but after sampling and sharing some of the other menu items, including a bottle of wine, we couldn't resist. What a way to celebrate! Authentic, Italian Food...Is there anything better?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, excellent serviceomnomnomivoreDined on 10/12/2014When I started looking for a place to make dinner reservations for a post Chicago Marathon celebration dinner, a friend recommended RPM. I am glad she did! Our reservation was at 5 p.m. Unfortunately I underestimated how long it would take to finish up post marathon activities and ran a little late to the reservation. They will not seat you until your entire party is present. That being said once our whole party arrived we were seated within 5-10 minutes. Our waitress was great. She made excellent suggestions. I ordered the 8 oz. Filet Mignon medium and it was cooked perfectly. I had tartufo for dessert and it was delicious. The waitress brought mini-gelato cups to celebrate my birthday. I will return on future visits to Chicago.Special Features:
- Diappointed this time....FishluverVIPDined on 10/11/2014We went to RPM in June when our daughter graduated from college and it was fabulous. When it was our daughter's birthday this past weekend we decided to go back despite the 10:30 reservation time. The food was still great but the service was greatly lacking. Our waitress really pushed us to order the $58 bronzino, which was the most expensive thing on the menu. We had our salads and other appetizers and then waited 1 hour for our entrees and it was midnight! I also asked for something to celebrate my daughter's birthday and nothing was done at all. Disappointed and will not be back--when paying this much for a dinner we expect better service and at least a little birthday candle and more friendly people at the bar and front check in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food fab, service TERRIBLEkateDined on 10/11/2014Food was fabulous, couldn't fault the quality and presentation. Service however was terrible, our server was poor and hardly came to our table, never asked how our food was and we had to ask every time to get another drink. Her station wasn't too busy and there were plenty of other servers around who in the end got us drinks etc.Special Features:
- Nice experienceSCargoDined on 10/11/2014We enjoyed a Saturday dinner here and the overall experience was very good. Best plate was the braised short ribs. My cocktail had way too much ice (shocking). A nice dinner, but a bit on the pricey side for a "small plate" experience.Special Features: