Honolulu, HI 96734Neighborhood:
Hawaii Regional CuisinePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://royshawaii.com/
- Phone: 8089237697
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Hawaii Regional Cuisine
- Executive Chef: Jason Peel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: From family gatherings to celebrations, cocktail receptions to business meetings, let us help you create an unforgettable event! ■Semi-private room accommodates maximum of 50 guests ■Lounge area can accommodate up to 30 guests ■Restaurant buy-out available with a maximum of 230 guests
- Private Party Contact: Christine Fukada 8089237697
A word from Roy's Waikiki
Opening in 2007, Roy’s Waikiki fits right in with all the action in the new and exciting atmosphere of Waikiki Beach Walk. We offer inside tables, dining on the lanai or even at our Chef's counter. Along with Roy's classic items, our guests can enjoy a vast selection of innovative creations using the freshest local ingredients available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHawaii Regional Cuisine
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Roy's Waikiki - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
Roy's Waikiki reviews from OpenTable diners
285 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (192)fit for foodies (159)romantic (103)good for groups (79)hot spot (67)notable wine list (59)great for outdoor dining (53)neighborhood gem (49)kid-friendly (43)vibrant bar scene (28)late-night find (25)great for lunch (17)scenic view (16)great for brunch (8)Show More
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014A friend recommended that dinner at Roy's was the best way to end our Hawaiin holiday and she was absolutely right! The service was a perfect blend of professional and warm, the food was delicious and the cocktails and wine that was recommended was spot on. Thanks Dean and the team for helping us end our holiday in style!Special Features:
- Great Food Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/12/2014Prefer the Original Roy's on the other side of Oahu, only because Waikiki is touristy. Food was awesome, waiter made great suggestions and took great care of us.Special Features:
- johnDined on 9/12/2014Great service with amazing food! Moderately priced but definitely worth the spending more by going here. Just across the street from Outrigger on the reef!Special Features:
- Stellar as alwaysBillDined on 9/12/2014Superb service starting with being seated immediately as per our reservation. Greeted by first name. Water promptly served. Sharing plates provided without being asked. Food amazingly good...as always. Despite my ordering desert late they timed them perfectly. Amazing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat!Sep2014Dined on 9/12/2014My husband and I have been dining at Roy's since we discovered the restaurant in 1998. We do short trips to Oahu and even if we're there for 3 nights, we will dine at Roy's 2 of the 3. We have tried Roy's on Kuai and on the mainland but the Oahu locations cannot be beated for food and quality of service. My husband loves the Hawaiian martini with fresh pineapples infused in vodka. All fish served any style = melts in your mouth delicious! There's a seasonal (early to mid September) Thai snapper dish I had several years ago and missed the last 2 trips but was back this trip. My mouth is salivating just thinking about it... We're going back tonight and I can't wait to sink into that crispy whole snapper on a bed of Thai seasoning.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014We came here for our 6 year anniversary. Best dinner we had on the island. Romantic ambiance, great food, and our server was fantastic! $$$ but you get what you pay for. We would definitely go back for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good service & foodsTotoroDined on 9/10/2014good service !! all staffs are very good service! Meals are delicious!! Beef taste very good. Crab cake taste very good!!Special Features:
- Great dinnerJoelDined on 9/9/2014I am use to eating at Roy's on the mainland so it was a treat to once again dine at Roy's. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Roy's of allAKC66Dined on 9/8/2014We've been to the Roy's on the other islands and the Waikiki location was the best. We came back for a second night!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerMrsTarigaDined on 9/7/2014My husband and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary at Roy's Waikiki on a week ago. Overall experience was pleasant. The food was very good as per suggestion by our server (unfortunately, I forgot his name). They gave us a complimentary dessert which was really nice of them to do. The restaurant was clean. Only thing that needs to be improved is the front desk/reception people needs to smile more.Special Features:
- Was good to comeHawaii777Dined on 9/7/2014英語 Delicious and best service also was good cuisine. When I come to Honolulu again I, I want to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedNotPickyDined on 9/6/2014I was excited to take my family to Roy's after I read the reviews. There were 2 vegans in our group and the reviews for the vegan set menu were equally as good. I started out with the Hawaiian Martini and the vegan roll. Both were amazing! Then my husband and I ordered the vegan set menu. If you are vegan, it's your only option. The only flavors in the coliflower soup were basil and salt. That was followed by some mushroom sanwiches which were good. The tofu dish was hard to eat. At one point I felt like I was eating because the food was so expensive and not bec it as delicious. My nephew ordered the crusted opah and didnt finish his meal either. I would come back to Roy's for drinks and sushi but would never dine here again. No bueno.Special Features:
- Great restaurantHappyDined on 9/4/2014Great food and excellent service. A bit noisy because large noisy party next to us but overall very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantmihiDined on 9/4/2014We used this restaurant for dinner and my birthday. My boyfriend reserved this restaurant so we could visit so smoothly. Some people lined to eat dinner so I recommend you should reserve if you want to go. Birthday cake was so delicious maybe gateau chocolate. You should eat!!! You must eat!!!lol I am Japanese, so sometimes felt cold because of air conditioner. If you cold-blooded person, you should bring cardigan.Special Features:
- 20th Wedding Anniversary DinnerQSueDined on 9/3/2014My wife and I recently celebrated our 20th Wedding Anniversary at Roy's Waikiki. The atmosphere was nice, our waitress and wait staff were excellent and the food was good. We were disappointed in the food as we were expecting something more than just good. It was an average meal for the money spent, with excellent service from our waitress, who was attentive and went the extra mile in bringing us a special anniversary dessert. Her extra efforts were appreciated, however, we would not go back or recommend the restaurant.Special Features:
- badexperienceDined on 9/3/2014A very good experience. Great food, charming staff, and a restaurant. I will return to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A romantic dinnercoconutmojitoDined on 9/1/2014Celebrated our anniversary here at dinner, the food and service were outstanding. Our waiter was very professional, friendly and helpful. This was our second choice after Alan Wong's Restaurant but couldn't get reservation there at the time we wanted. We sure were really glad we've chosen Roy's because the food was very tasty. The overall experience is just amazing. Definitely will come back whenever we are in Honolulu.Special Features:
- Great foodoccassionaldinersDined on 8/31/2014We really enjoyed our dinner there. Great food. Took a guest and wasn't disappointed,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food OK Service badOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014We waited for over an hour for our main dishes. People around us who came in long after us, got their main dished before us.
- This was my fourth visitWorthRepeatingDined on 8/30/2014and it won't be my last. Roy's Waikiki can be for special occasions, group parties, family dinners or tourists, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!s808Dined on 8/30/2014Great food, excellent service as usual. First time at Waikiki location, as my husband and I usually dine at the Hawaii Kai location. Food and service just as excellent! Would highly recommend for date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLook4vegDined on 8/30/2014We had eaten here before and brought friends. First hint it might not be so great was seating - we were early and restaurant empty - they took us to dark and lousy location and we would not sit there but she had to back to front for permission too be us but it still wasn't great. Waitress was not friendly, did not describe things well, seemed irritated that we asked. Then it took more than half hour between courses, poor experience. I've been to various Roy's and always enjoyed it but not sure I'll go back.
- Not what we expectedEnchiladaDined on 8/29/2014We came here for our anniversary dinner. We chose it based on ratings but it did not live up to our expectations. From the cocktails to the butterfish, everything was a bit lacking. The molten chocolate cake is the only reason I'd go back. And the service was great-- our wait or was very pleasant and attentive.Special Features:
- OutstandingheybrahDined on 8/29/2014Had a great anniversary dinner at Roy's. Great sushi, entrees were perfect. Dessert was wonderful. Service was outstanding. This a new favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ColleenDined on 8/27/2014We were a couple and sat outside, the ambience was very nice with the lights in the trees. The staff were excellent and very knowledgable on the food and wine..I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roy'sBac1Dined on 8/26/2014The tasting menu was great. Paired with wine, actually a good value for the location. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014The waitress was so patient and gave us plenty of time to pick and order our food. This was our first visit to Hawaii so the occasion was special to us. The food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicechopperDined on 8/26/2014service at Roys is always 1st class, food is always amazing. Roy never misses the mark!Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2014Service is incredible. Literally the best service I've received at any restaurant and I've eaten at restaurants throughout the US and parts of the world. They go out of their way without being asked to - from helping you take a stroller down the stairs when they see it to bringing your child a small plate of quesadillas, apples, and other snacks without asking. Beyond kid friendly, incredibly friendly, amazing food that has bursting flavors and some great cocktails too. Can't beat Roy's. Definitely a must when in Hawaii - and we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special occasionAJThomasDined on 8/23/2014The macadamia crusted mongchong was excellent. We were prepared that the meal would be the most expensive we chose while in Waikiki. 2 entrees and 1 desert totaled $80 (before tip). It was a great meal and in our opinion worth the splurge. We had a 7:45 reservation and were seated by 7:30.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/23/2014I've been to Roy's Waikiki twice. On both occasions, my meal was perfect. I'm thinking of returning on this trip so that I can order other items from the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousDeliciousDined on 8/22/2014We arrived early to our reservation and the staff was still able to seat us right away. Our waiter was very knowledgeable about the items on the menu and made many great suggestions. We started with crab cakes, & edamame. For our main course we had two different kinds of sushi rolls, one which included pork belly & BBQ. At first I was skeptical but it was delicious! And my husband couldn't stop talking about it with his friends when we returned home. Also, don't pass up the chocolate souffle. Melt in your mouth delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedFrequenttravelingdinerVIPDined on 8/20/2014I dined at Roy's a year ago, and I had a great dining experience. This experience was not the same. The host staff members did not acknowledge me for 30 seconds after I approached the podium. They casually asked for my name, but they did not bother greeting me. The server was polite and friendly, but he made cursory menu suggestions. The food was plated attractively, but the food was served lukewarm. The price point was nearly $300 with tip for a party of four guests. I would be hesitant to return to Roy's based on this experience.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014We have never had poor service, less than great food or leaving with a feeling of wanting more....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4.5 starsLocalsVIPDined on 8/19/2014Short version: Been to this Roy's many times - always excellent. Longer Version - Roy's is one favorite for my companion, so had to come here while in Honolulu. 4.5 stars. Service was outstanding, we left nothing on the plates. My companion had the crispy whole snapper - excellent. I had the beach trio which my companion "stole" my mahi mahi - again nothing left. Only minor gripe was they drowned my salmon in too much sauce - but it was still good. Would we go back - yes. Roy's is always consistent.Special Features:
- Roy's Waikkiluv2exploreDined on 8/18/2014Topped off vacation to Honolulu with dinner at Roy's. Ordered from the prix fixe menu - 3 sampler appetizer, braised beef short ribs and chocolate desert - all delicious and mouth watering! Servers attentive and helpful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Run..Don't Walk to Roy's WaikikiharrykhiVIPDined on 8/17/2014We have been dining with Roy's (the original in Hawaii Kai) since '84 and now here in Waikiki since it opened! Partner Diva and GM Lou run a tight ship and this place rocks! The service is some of the finest anywhere in the entire industry and the food always fresh, exciting and delicious! Everything is yummy from Sushi Rolls, to legendary Blackened Ahi, Crab Cakes and don't miss the Butterfish! Of course, the hot chocolate souffle is to die for. Reservations a must! Though we love to sit at the bar and watch the world go bye! Rarely gets better than Roys!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great service!RestaurantWeekFoodieDined on 8/17/2014Roy's Waikiki staff embodies good customer service! Our food servers were great - friendly and very personable. The waiters for our table gave us excellent customer service and made sure we had everything we needed, kept our water glasses filled and promptly boxed our leftovers. They helped make our special occasion dining experience especially memorable with the surprise of a slice of cake (with a candle!) for my daughter who was celebrating her birthday! She loves going to Roy's Waikiki whenever she's visiting in Hawaii.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014Food was delicious and our server Tyler was friendly and attentive. He was also super knowledgeable and gave us great recommendations.
- Roy's waikikiHoneymoonersDined on 8/15/2014Our wait staff was very friendly and explained the menu in detail. They even have us a special dessert for our honeymoon celebration ! Food was phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.