Honolulu, HI 96734Neighborhood:
Hawaii Regional CuisinePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://royshawaii.com/
- Phone: 8089237697
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Hawaii Regional Cuisine
- Executive Chef: Jason Peel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: From family gatherings to celebrations, cocktail receptions to business meetings, let us help you create an unforgettable event! ■Semi-private room accommodates maximum of 50 guests ■Lounge area can accommodate up to 30 guests ■Restaurant buy-out available with a maximum of 230 guests
- Private Party Contact: Christine Fukada 8089237697
A word from Roy's Waikiki
Opening in 2007, Roy’s Waikiki fits right in with all the action in the new and exciting atmosphere of Waikiki Beach Walk. We offer inside tables, dining on the lanai or even at our Chef's counter. Along with Roy's classic items, our guests can enjoy a vast selection of innovative creations using the freshest local ingredients available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHawaii Regional Cuisine
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Roy's Waikiki - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
Roy's Waikiki reviews from OpenTable diners
300 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (195)fit for foodies (171)romantic (101)good for groups (82)hot spot (73)notable wine list (64)great for outdoor dining (55)neighborhood gem (46)kid-friendly (43)vibrant bar scene (29)late-night find (25)great for lunch (20)scenic view (16)great for brunch (8)Show More
- fantabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014This was second trip to Roy's and it was as terrific as the firstSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LIndaVIPDined on 9/27/2014Loved the Butterfish, this was our second visit to this Roy's. We enjoyed the menu choices better than the Ko Olina Roy's/Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014From the service to the food, everything was flawless. Best fish in Waikiki!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An established gem with flavorEatsoutalotDined on 9/25/2014Not sure what to expect out of ribs but the subtle flavor uike any other fall off the bone rib was memorable! The butter fish delectable although the form black rice it came with wasnt a hit, the special Roy's Martini is delish if you love Pineapple and the kids Teriyaki spot on. You can't go wrong for food here but the dessert was only ok-Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Honolulu destinationEfrenDined on 9/24/2014Delicious food! Beautiful presentation! Wonderful service! Roy's has a very knowledgeable and attentive wait staff. We had a well paced lovely evening! Can't wait to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014I went to this restaurant on recommendation however I wasn't sure what to expect.I was pleasantly surprised.The food was amazing by far the best meal I have had in Hawaii,the flavours melt in your mouth.The service was impeccable .My partner went to the bathroom while he was gone his chair had been pushed back in and his serviette refolded awaiting his return. The opulence was perfect and would definitely recommend to anyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GreatGodfodderDined on 9/24/2014Roy's is our go-to dining choice for special occasions, and for introducing off-island guests to Asian fusion cuisine. This was our first visit to the Waikiki location; we normally stay closer to home and go to the Ko'olina restaurant. When newcomers and established kama'aina, alike, are looking for recommendations for fine dining, Roy's tops our list. Keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ajjjDined on 9/23/2014Disappointing. Not very good, at all. Fifty characters is too much for a negative review
- Exceptional fooddrewDined on 9/21/2014Really enjoyed Roy's had high expectations and they were met.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food; very busyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014We made reservations about 24 hours in advance. We were seated promptly and served quickly. However, our table wasn't in a great spot, and we were seated next to two, successive large groups who were very loud. However, the food was great. I had probably the best chocolate soufflé I've ever had. The overall bill was much less than expected. Roy's is definitely worth a visit when in Waikiki.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Our Best Meals EVER!jerseyshorejohnDined on 9/21/2014After a week on Hawaii, we spent two nights in Honolulu. We were blown away by Roy's Waikikii's overall excellence. Taking our server's advice I ordered the Beach Walk Trio of hibachi salmon, macadamia crusted monchong (moonfish) and misoyaki butterfish. Each was perfectly prepared and provided a delicious balance of tastes. Others in our party ordered the monchong and butterfish and loved the preparation. The Black Stallion Chardonnay ($30) complemented our entrees and was a great value for the price. Our two couples each shared a superb chocolate souffle for dessert. Including drinks, tax and tip, the tab came to a bit more than $200. In Manhattan,it would have been 2-3 times that, and likely not nearly so good.Special Features:
- Enjoyable meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014We decided to try Roy's after seeing the recommendation via Hawaiian Airlines. I'm so glad that we did! The food was really excellent, although my husband said he would have liked a larger portion. These are definitely not the kind of bloated portion sizes you get at regular American restaurants. I gave three stars for ambiance because we chose to sit outside and our view was the Denny's and ABC store across the street. The service was good and the waiter did a good job suggesting dishes. The bus boy who brought water and cleared dishes was on top of things even more than the waiter! Overall it was excellent and I would definitely recommend Roy's to anyone visiting. Plan to spend about $100+ for two people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disapointed this timeMichelDined on 9/20/2014I've been to Roy's three years ago and couldn't wait to return. We were less impressed this time. Food was not as delicious and as creative as I remembered. Perhaps, we were not hungry enough that day. We felt rushed by service too as dishes were coming next to the other without a pause. Considering the price, it is not a good quality/price ratio.
- CandlenutDined on 9/20/2014The food had less volume than I had imagined, but that helped me enjoy the taste of the cuisine. The steak was very juicy and you should try at least one portion! The waiters and waitresses were very gentle, but they speak very fast. If you are a traveler from outside Oahu, you might struggle to listen to what they say. I recommend you take a person who can speak and understand English. But the service is very good. For example, they served us an anniversary cake and a toy for our baby. The one thing you should consider is that the ambiance is a little bit too noisy because there are so many tables located closely so as to accommodate as many guests as possible. So this restaurant is not recommendable when you try to propose to your lover.Special Features:
- Excellent!PhilerupDined on 9/18/2014Food got much better since I last visited 4 years ago. Onion soup, tomato salad, crab cakes were great. Scallops were good, but didn't like the pork belly served with them. Service is top notch and friendly. Highly recommended over other overrated Honolulu restaurants.
- Excellent Foodjack101Dined on 9/16/2014The butter fish, rib eye steak and filet mignon were excellent and prepared as requested. The service was very prompt and friendly. Our water glass never was less than 1/2 full. Also enjoyed the chocolate hot fudge cake and coffee. The house merlot was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceLyn211Dined on 9/14/2014A friend recommended that dinner at Roy's was the best way to end our Hawaiin holiday and she was absolutely right! The service was a perfect blend of professional and warm, the food was delicious and the cocktails and wine that was recommended was spot on. Thanks Dean and the team for helping us end our holiday in style!Special Features:
- Great Food Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/12/2014Prefer the Original Roy's on the other side of Oahu, only because Waikiki is touristy. Food was awesome, waiter made great suggestions and took great care of us.Special Features:
- johnDined on 9/12/2014Great service with amazing food! Moderately priced but definitely worth the spending more by going here. Just across the street from Outrigger on the reef!Special Features:
- Stellar as alwaysBillDined on 9/12/2014Superb service starting with being seated immediately as per our reservation. Greeted by first name. Water promptly served. Sharing plates provided without being asked. Food amazingly good...as always. Despite my ordering desert late they timed them perfectly. Amazing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat!Sep2014Dined on 9/12/2014My husband and I have been dining at Roy's since we discovered the restaurant in 1998. We do short trips to Oahu and even if we're there for 3 nights, we will dine at Roy's 2 of the 3. We have tried Roy's on Kuai and on the mainland but the Oahu locations cannot be beated for food and quality of service. My husband loves the Hawaiian martini with fresh pineapples infused in vodka. All fish served any style = melts in your mouth delicious! There's a seasonal (early to mid September) Thai snapper dish I had several years ago and missed the last 2 trips but was back this trip. My mouth is salivating just thinking about it... We're going back tonight and I can't wait to sink into that crispy whole snapper on a bed of Thai seasoning.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014We came here for our 6 year anniversary. Best dinner we had on the island. Romantic ambiance, great food, and our server was fantastic! $$$ but you get what you pay for. We would definitely go back for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good service & foodsTotoroDined on 9/10/2014good service !! all staffs are very good service! Meals are delicious!! Beef taste very good. Crab cake taste very good!!Special Features:
- Great dinnerJoelDined on 9/9/2014I am use to eating at Roy's on the mainland so it was a treat to once again dine at Roy's. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Roy's of allAKC66Dined on 9/8/2014We've been to the Roy's on the other islands and the Waikiki location was the best. We came back for a second night!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerMrsTarigaDined on 9/7/2014My husband and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary at Roy's Waikiki on a week ago. Overall experience was pleasant. The food was very good as per suggestion by our server (unfortunately, I forgot his name). They gave us a complimentary dessert which was really nice of them to do. The restaurant was clean. Only thing that needs to be improved is the front desk/reception people needs to smile more.Special Features:
- Was good to comeHawaii777Dined on 9/7/2014英語 Delicious and best service also was good cuisine. When I come to Honolulu again I, I want to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedNotPickyDined on 9/6/2014I was excited to take my family to Roy's after I read the reviews. There were 2 vegans in our group and the reviews for the vegan set menu were equally as good. I started out with the Hawaiian Martini and the vegan roll. Both were amazing! Then my husband and I ordered the vegan set menu. If you are vegan, it's your only option. The only flavors in the coliflower soup were basil and salt. That was followed by some mushroom sanwiches which were good. The tofu dish was hard to eat. At one point I felt like I was eating because the food was so expensive and not bec it as delicious. My nephew ordered the crusted opah and didnt finish his meal either. I would come back to Roy's for drinks and sushi but would never dine here again. No bueno.Special Features:
- Great restaurantHappyDined on 9/4/2014Great food and excellent service. A bit noisy because large noisy party next to us but overall very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantmihiDined on 9/4/2014We used this restaurant for dinner and my birthday. My boyfriend reserved this restaurant so we could visit so smoothly. Some people lined to eat dinner so I recommend you should reserve if you want to go. Birthday cake was so delicious maybe gateau chocolate. You should eat!!! You must eat!!!lol I am Japanese, so sometimes felt cold because of air conditioner. If you cold-blooded person, you should bring cardigan.Special Features:
- 20th Wedding Anniversary DinnerQSueDined on 9/3/2014My wife and I recently celebrated our 20th Wedding Anniversary at Roy's Waikiki. The atmosphere was nice, our waitress and wait staff were excellent and the food was good. We were disappointed in the food as we were expecting something more than just good. It was an average meal for the money spent, with excellent service from our waitress, who was attentive and went the extra mile in bringing us a special anniversary dessert. Her extra efforts were appreciated, however, we would not go back or recommend the restaurant.Special Features:
- badexperienceDined on 9/3/2014A very good experience. Great food, charming staff, and a restaurant. I will return to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A romantic dinnercoconutmojitoDined on 9/1/2014Celebrated our anniversary here at dinner, the food and service were outstanding. Our waiter was very professional, friendly and helpful. This was our second choice after Alan Wong's Restaurant but couldn't get reservation there at the time we wanted. We sure were really glad we've chosen Roy's because the food was very tasty. The overall experience is just amazing. Definitely will come back whenever we are in Honolulu.Special Features:
- Great foodoccassionaldinersDined on 8/31/2014We really enjoyed our dinner there. Great food. Took a guest and wasn't disappointed,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food OK Service badOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014We waited for over an hour for our main dishes. People around us who came in long after us, got their main dished before us.
- This was my fourth visitWorthRepeatingDined on 8/30/2014and it won't be my last. Roy's Waikiki can be for special occasions, group parties, family dinners or tourists, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!s808Dined on 8/30/2014Great food, excellent service as usual. First time at Waikiki location, as my husband and I usually dine at the Hawaii Kai location. Food and service just as excellent! Would highly recommend for date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLook4vegDined on 8/30/2014We had eaten here before and brought friends. First hint it might not be so great was seating - we were early and restaurant empty - they took us to dark and lousy location and we would not sit there but she had to back to front for permission too be us but it still wasn't great. Waitress was not friendly, did not describe things well, seemed irritated that we asked. Then it took more than half hour between courses, poor experience. I've been to various Roy's and always enjoyed it but not sure I'll go back.
- Not what we expectedEnchiladaDined on 8/29/2014We came here for our anniversary dinner. We chose it based on ratings but it did not live up to our expectations. From the cocktails to the butterfish, everything was a bit lacking. The molten chocolate cake is the only reason I'd go back. And the service was great-- our wait or was very pleasant and attentive.Special Features:
- OutstandingheybrahDined on 8/29/2014Had a great anniversary dinner at Roy's. Great sushi, entrees were perfect. Dessert was wonderful. Service was outstanding. This a new favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.