Honolulu, HI 96734Neighborhood:
Hawaii Regional CuisinePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://royshawaii.com/
- Phone: (808) 923-7697
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Hawaii Regional Cuisine
- Executive Chef: Jason Peel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: From family gatherings to celebrations, cocktail receptions to business meetings, let us help you create an unforgettable event! ■Semi-private room accommodates maximum of 50 guests ■Lounge area can accommodate up to 30 guests ■Restaurant buy-out available with a maximum of 230 guests
- Private Party Contact: Christine Fukada 8089237697
A word from Roy's Waikiki
Opening in 2007, Roy’s Waikiki fits right in with all the action in the new and exciting atmosphere of Waikiki Beach Walk. We offer inside tables, dining on the lanai or even at our Chef's counter. Along with Roy's classic items, our guests can enjoy a vast selection of innovative creations using the freshest local ingredients available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHawaii Regional Cuisine
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Roy's Waikiki - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
Roy's Waikiki reviews from OpenTable diners
308 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (193)fit for foodies (187)romantic (93)good for groups (88)hot spot (77)notable wine list (68)great for outdoor dining (49)neighborhood gem (39)vibrant bar scene (32)kid-friendly (31)late-night find (21)great for lunch (19)scenic view (12)great for brunch (4)Show More
- Roy's Waikiki lives up to the rep.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/18/2014Every dish so well prepared, special sauces, special seasonings. All flavors leaving you humming "yummmmm." Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlBeDined on 11/18/2014I had the Opakapaka with pasta whcih was great. Great restaurant to entertain clients.Special Features:
- 20th anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/18/2014We love the food & service here at Roy's. Also you get a complimentary special treat on special occasions. I have always ordered the tasting menu. Its delicious and a lot of food. The macadamia crusted fish & lobster sauce is amazing. We also ordered a small side salad of mixed greens as a palate cleanser after the app sampler before main course. Great unique cocktails as well. Service is always very attentive. Only complaint this time was noise level and where we were seated. We couldn't talk at a comfortable level and hear each other and we were at a VERY SMALL booth. Im not sure why they stuck us in a small corner booth when there were larger ones available and we had made the reservation months ago. But oh well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/17/2014From the first contact with our waiter who was simply outstanding to the first through the last course we were blown away. The service was so amazing we were in awe. The food was to die for. We chose rest week menu and there was so much to eat. Loved the dessert. We couldn't believe it was only $40. Customer for life!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere.EvilkennyDined on 11/15/2014This place is great, made a reservation on open table. Arrived early and was still seated before my reserved time. The service and the food was top-notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always at Roy'sBonVivantTraineeDined on 11/14/2014Excellent dinner at Roy's Waikiki. Great Hawaiian fusion cuisine, always dependable. Although I'm familiar with the menu and have several favorites, I tried one of the specials from the chef at this particular restaurant this time, and it was phenomenal. Great concept, presentation, and delicious! We've been to several Roy's locations, and they're all very good; this one in Waikiki may be consistently the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dining experience, highly recommend.TanyaDined on 11/13/2014We had the most memorable experience at Roy's for our 10 year anniversary. The staff were fantastic, the ambience in the restaurant was spot on, the wine was great and the food we can not explain how good it was. The extra attention to detail by the staff was so greatly appreciated. Thank you to all the staff for a great memory!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb service and delightful foodDougPDined on 11/13/2014From the moment I checked in, I felt welcome at Roy's. That is particularly significant for me because often when I dine alone restaurants treat me as a second class citizen. This was not the case at Roy's. The menu offered many inviting dishes. I opted for the prix fixe beef short ribs, which included a trio of appetizers and dessert. Everything was superb. My waiter did a great job explaining how dishes were prepared and answering questions about the night's offerings. I've eaten at this Roy's on three visits to Honolulu, and each time has been outstanding. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodMollyDined on 11/12/2014Ordered a local fish dish, which was top class. The desert, a cake with fresh pineapple, was also very delicious. Even though the restaurant was full the service was excellent. The noise level was quite high and I would not say that the ambience was sober or romantic, but the food was really value for money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy food, excellent service!JWMGVIPDined on 11/11/2014We were celebrating my birthday and enjoyed terrific service with the waiter providing excellent recommendations of top selections and most importantly, asking what I usually enjoyed and after listening, she adjusted her recommendations based upon that information. My husband enjoyed the beef short ribs (I know, it's known for Seafood) and I enjoyed the fish trio - choosing 3 because all of them sounded so delicious. Great cocktails too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TrendComaDined on 11/10/2014Service was pleasant but too laid back for the price range. Host staff was especially 'chilled out' to the point of unprofessional. Food was delicious but unremarkable. Good, but not quite fine dining.I would recommend this to a friend.
- you may have to wait but worth itJoeyVIPDined on 11/9/2014Our food selection and preparation were super. Service was excellent. A great place to have dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!NYCDinerVIPDined on 11/7/2014Highly recommend Roy's. We live in Honolulu and this is definitely a favorite!! The butter fish was amazing as were the crabcakes!! Our service was just ok~ the waiter and his support staff were friendly enough, just not anything over and above. For the $$$ and the overall experience we just expected better service. I honestly couldn't even tell you our waiter's name~ not 100% percent sure he introduced himself!! That being said, I still rate it as a top notch restaurant and we can't wait to return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnforgettableSteelMNDined on 11/7/2014Everything about our visit to Roy's was incredible - the food, the service, and the atmosphere were amazing. The wine list is exceptional, but we went with a bottle of chilled sake. The butterfish melts in your mouth, and the pineapple upside-down cake was a delicious finisher. A must-visit restaurant, especially for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gnts9rsDined on 11/7/2014We have always enjoyed a complete and wonderful dining experience at Roy's. The atmosphere is great, the service is excellent and friendly and the food is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysBeamerDined on 11/6/2014We have been to Roy's Waikiki before, and always enjoyed the up scale local food and ambience. It's a little noisy since the ceilings are low, but the food and service as well as lively scene makes up for it. We also have been to other Roy's on the outer islands as well as California. The ones in Hawaii seem better, but maybe we are biased.Special Features:
- Outstanding!11A5SDined on 11/5/2014What a great experience! Ken's team provided top notch service and the food and drinks were fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best SushiPrivoDined on 11/2/2014We were told to try the sushi at Roy's, and we weren't disappointed. It was probably the best sushi we have ever had. Also would recommend the crab cakes and ahi poke. A must stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperiencePNWTravelerDined on 11/1/2014My wife and I went to Roy's (Waikiki) for our anniversary. Everything we ordered was delicious, especially the chocolate lava cake we had for dessert. Our waiter was fantastic and only added to our dining experience. In addition to all that, knowing it was our anniversary, the kitchen sent us something special for the occasion. We will definitely dine at Roy's again if we have the opportunity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentpmhoeftDined on 11/1/2014The food and service were excellent. A little louder than I would expect. Every Roy's makes a regular day special but makes a special day outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud and noisy!148julesVIPDined on 10/31/2014Large groups were obnoxiously loud (it was Halloween night) but once we got used to the noise we were able to enjoy the 3 course tasting menu. Monchong fish was superb as well as the slow braised beef short ribs (very rich and tasty). Chocolate soufflé was heaven. Our server (as most of the staff) were in costume and brought out the festive mood. Overall it was 4 stars despite great food and service. Something was lacking - maybe the décor and lighting need to be changed. Seemed a bit dated and tired.
- It has to be done!MelbournefoodieDined on 10/31/2014Roy's is a waikiki institution & a must do for anyone visiting honolulu = a great menu & the 3 course fixed price dinner is a steal - you must have the macadamia tart!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTIC!!newtohawaiiDined on 10/31/2014We just moved to Oahu 2 weeks ago. We just wanted a great place to eat for my friends last night visiting and we chose Roy's. Everything was amazing. I was so full but couldn't leave a bite left. The macadamia encrusted fish, crab cakes, and soufflé was out of this world. The bartender outside made very nice drinks and the waiter inside was very polite, friendly and knowledgeableSpecial Features:
- Thank you very much for the happy dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014We had a nice time at Roy`s. It was a Halloween day. So some of the waiters who disguised themselves made us happy. The dishes were also nice. But they are too much for us Japanese. Anyway thank you very much to the Open table ,too. See you again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best butterfish ever!PortlandFoodieVIPDined on 10/31/2014I will always return to Roy's for the butterfish, and I love bringing people that have never eaten at Roy's - great wines list and wonderful, creative and diverse menu. This time it was Halloween night and the staff really did a great job- fantastic costumes and great fun, all while providing the most professional and gracious service. Roy's stays on my must dine list in Hawaii!Special Features:
- Outstanding!LuvAGoodMealDined on 10/29/2014Great wine & great food. Of the 4 of us (with 2 very picky diners), everyone loved the dishes they ordered! We plan to start going to the Roy's where we live in California.Special Features:
- shariDined on 10/28/2014Drinks weren't presented very nicely. Iexpected nicer glasses and more fancy garnish. I had sangria
- Good FoodExpensiveDined on 10/27/2014We arrived later in the evening and they sat us in a section where there appeared to be many tables and only one server. He tried his best to accommodate all his tables but kept us waiting a bit. To make up for it, he bought us dessert. I think that is how a restaurant should handle missteps like this - he made what could have been a frustrating moment into a pleasant one. Nice job. Also, there was a table of 8 at the large table next to us and they had a young child who was getting tired. The wait staff pushed two chairs together at the table so the child could lay down and sleep. Awesome act of kindness and making it easy on the parents. I don't know if the food is kid-friendly, but the establishment is kid-friendly.Special Features:
- DisappointedwinerDined on 10/27/2014This particular location was very noisy and more like a chain restaurant than the experiences we remember from other locations, Maui , Las Vegas etc. while the food was good and the wait staff attentive, we were disappointed that our dining experience was not even close to the previous night's dinner across the street at Orchids.
- MaPaVIPDined on 10/27/2014Liked that they had half portions. Butterfish was almost like eating butter---but little less flavor! Rest was quite tasty as was the sauce on the butterfish.Special Features:
- Pricey and mediocre fooddisappointed1Dined on 10/26/2014Our reservation was at 5pm, got there early and ordered right after we were seated but we did not get our food until after 45 minutes even though we were the first ones there....they did apologize by giving us a complimentary watermelon poke which was actually pretty good. My wife ordered the fish trio and crab cakes, and I got the tasting menu of braised short ribs and appetizer with macadamia tart for dessert. The whole thing cost over 120 dollars plus tip. Food and place was not worth the price. I would have complained a lot but it was my wife's birthday so I just tried to make it seem like everything was just fine.
- Great New Additions to the MenuMurieDined on 10/25/2014My husband and I have always loved Roy's Waikiki but hadn't been there for a while. We were in the neighborhood on Saturday evening and so we stopped in for dinner. I had two new menu items and both were outstanding: Waikiki Wedge Salad with beef carpaccio and a scallop dish served over risotto. Both were just bursting with flavor - truly incredibly delicious. Can't wait to go back again in the near future.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Waiter was pushy--wanted us to order more items and therefore increase his tip.Special Features:
- WinnerDined on 10/23/2014We took friends here for dinner, which was amazing. All four of us enjoyed our meals. The service was excellent. The noise level was a little high for the two of us with hearing aids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food & service 5 stars!Food4lifeDined on 10/23/2014This could not have been a better meal. The service was over the top!!! And the sampler appetizer was some if the best we have ever had!!! The entres were delicious. My wife had Macadamia Nut Crusted Monchong and I had the short ribs - both were melt In your mouth goodness!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ROY'S A DISAPPOINTMENTPabloDined on 10/22/2014The previous reviews are correct: BEWARE OF THE NOISE! Great service: very attentive and helpful. The food, although, good, wasn't great or worth the price. I had the tasting menu with the beef short ribs. The main course was delicious, but the egg roll appetizer was greasy and the shrimp on a stick was tasteless. My partner had the Caesar salad followed by the scallops. Salad was tasty, but way too much going on. What happened to the basics? The scallops: VERY salty. Who needs pork with scallops? For such a high price point, make no doubt about it: the place is rushed and definitely has an ambiance associated with a chain. Felt like we were in a higher price point mall chain venue. There is a definite format here. Nothing unique.Special Features:
- DisappointedRollsDined on 10/22/2014We thought we were in for a good dining experience after our sushi roll...only to be disappointed. The blackened Ahi tuna was not blackened, was very tough and disappointing. The opa was overcooked and had no flavor. The service was very good. Just disappointed in the food--not worth $50 for the tuna.
- I couldn't hear my foodnotsolittleoldladyDined on 10/19/2014everything was wonderful except the "energetic" noise level. It was difficult for me (with no hearing loss) to hear what my fellow diners and the serving staff said. Everyone was attentive and spoke to us often but most of what was said was lost to the ambient noise level. My husband has some hearing loss and he found dinner conversation impossible. I glad the people at tables near us were having celebratory occasions but it was disappointing to not be able to converse without raising our voices to the noise level of our neighbors. Everything else was absolutely wonderful.Special Features:
- Best Pupu in WaikikiDanlovesfoodDined on 10/19/2014When you think of Hawaiian cocktails and appetizers, a pupu platter is what you expect to begin with. Roys offers all that and more. Six different Poke and fresh fish, so ono!! That means delicious!! By far one of the best value for money restaurants in Waikiki! Hot upside down pineapple cake!!Special Features:
- Great food relaxing environmentDjangoDined on 10/19/2014Great meal. Staff very friendly with 2 year old and 7 year old. Sushi and appetizers excellent. Roys take on wedge was unique and tasty. Good spot for groups and families.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.