8701 W. Charleston Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89117Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.roysrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7028383620
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9 :30pm, Aloha Hour: Every Night 4:30-6:30.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Asian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brandon Konishi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Each of our private dining rooms offer privacy, custom lighting & volume control.
- Private Party Contact: Managing Partner 7028383620
A word from Roy's Summerlin
The legendary culinary vision of Roy Yamaguchi can be enjoyed right here in Summerlin. At Roy’s Hawaiian Fusion Cuisine, our menu features the finest seafood with a focus on delicacies from the oceans around Hawaii. Each creation is a fusion of flavors found in our freshest local ingredients with European sauces and bold Asian spices and served with the spirit of Aloha, creating a dining experience that leaves you feeling like you’ve found paradise. The Summerlin restaurant is located on West Charleston Boulevard and features a spacious dining room, private rooms for your special event, a relaxing lanai and a sushi counter where you can interact with the talented chefs in the kitchen. Chef Brandon Konishi brings his imagination and artistry to the plate every night. Brandon's Asian background and Hawaiian roots bring the Hawaiian "state of mind and flavors" that made Roy Yamaguchi famous to you right here in Summerlin.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Roy's Summerlin reviews from OpenTable diners
- tempOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 7/6/2013The kitchen was unable to prepare fish to the correct temperature. Only eat here if you like your meal undercooked.
- Still great despite menu changesWineandsportsVIPDined on 7/3/2013Always very good. Service, whether its Sara or Kristen is terrific. Some menu and other changes (no sushi, sauce on the mahi) not so great but still a favorite spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Their special of Lobster TailGail62VIPDined on 7/2/2013Their special of Lobster Tail and Filet is outragious. Wished they had it all of the time. It was wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceBradVIPDined on 6/12/2013We went for our third wedding anniversary and the staff recognized the special occasion for us multiple times. The food was excellent and we could not have asked for a nicer experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/11/2013I've eaten at Roy's before. The fish is always fresh and never overcooked. The sauces are delicious and complimentary (not overwhelming). The service is spot on. What can I say. I've eaten at nearly 500 restaurants in Vegas and this still stands out. I know it's a chain but this is exceptional.Special Features:
- Roys Sunday dinnernotquiteEPICDined on 6/9/2013Food was good overall...salad was pretty boring...don't recommend the asparagus salad at all...second beverage service was slow but at least we had it before our dinner was done...entree's were outstanding and service was quite good overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to celebrate with kidsToddDined on 6/3/2013This is the nicest place for a celebration dinner with kids in the party we have found. The kids like their three course meal and the servers have the timing down well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Roy's Standard EveningGrumpyVIPDined on 5/30/2013Great service saved disaster. A dish described as having cilantro and bok choy contained neither. A dish with noodles that required gentle treatment contained overcooked noodles that were nearly mush. The same dish contained a petite filet that was ordered medium rare and came well-done. A salad called "asparagus and greens" actually contained only about four thin shavings of asparagus stalk and proved to have none of the advertised "radish" (daikon, I presume). The front of the house made up for all of this by purchasing our two dinners, apologizing profusely, and presenting a special "trifle" dessert. Of course, we would have been very happy to have had our customary Roy favorites prepared properly and to have paid the full bill.
- Great service/very good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/24/2013Really enjoyed this place with my fiance; service was excellent. Dined at 8 pm on a Friday and was half full with patrons. Got a blended wine which did great with the steak and lobster. Will surely dine again here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roys is a wonderful restaurantGail62VIPDined on 5/20/2013Roys is a wonderful restaurant with delicious food and a great menu. We love their Happy Hour with their Lobster Pot Stickets and Sliders with Sweet Potato fries. YummySpecial Features:
- Everything was outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/12/2013Everything was outstanding. We had a request for a certain area of the restaurant and server which Roy's was gracious enough to accomodate on a very busy night. The fodd was over the top and we will definately return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good but I wasEspoDined on 4/23/2013The food was good but I was disappointed with a couple things. The service was not nearly as good as I am used to. We had to flag down our waiter a couple times for things we needed (he wasn't following up as much as expected)and it took forever to get our chocolate souffle we ordered. Now I know they make them to order and it can take 30 minutes but it has generally taken less than that when I have ordered previously. This time it took every bit of 30 minutes or more. Also the dorado didn't have enough sauce. It was a HUGE piece of fish and fried and really didn't have a lot of flavor. So more sauce or seasoning would have made it much better!Special Features:
- Great tasty food! Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/22/2013Great tasty food! Great service from Dallas! Thank you.Special Features:
- Everything was great aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/21/2013Everything was great about this Roys have already recommend to friends and family and will come back the next time i am in Vegas staff was excellentSpecial Features:
- grest appetizers,fish dishes.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/19/2013grest appetizers,fish dishes. Attentive service. Photo and complimentary dessert for anniversary a nice touch.Special Features:
- Food was excllent, the mixedRustyVIPDined on 4/14/2013Food was excllent, the mixed seafood plate had lobster, shrimp, scallops and a crab cake over risotto - service was top notch including a complimentry birthday desert and a photo!Special Features:
- Better Luck next time in the LVAllieFromCaliDined on 3/29/2013I have been to Roy's restaurants in Maui & Anaheim numerous times and the service at this Las Vegas location was a bit disappointing, to say the least. We were celebrating a special occasion and it kinda ruined the mood. I was disappointed when I found out that the "new" chef no longer had the meatloaf on the menu. At he suggestion of or waiter, I ordered the Boneless Beef Short Ribs. No impressed and had to send it back because of too tough. Our service was mediocre.Special Features:
- Everything was DELICIOUS!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/27/2013Everything was DELICIOUS! The flavors brought me back to the islands.Special Features:
- A friend and I decided toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/11/2013A friend and I decided to go here to just have a night out and we were baffled at how amazing the food was. Our waitress was kind and very knowledgeable about the menu. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:
- Good Dining ExperiencevegasgapDined on 3/9/2013Roy's seems to have lost some of its spark over the years. While our service and food were both very good, the restaurant needs a little retuning. We have been Roy's customers on the mainland and in Hawaii for many,many years. You can still have a fine dining experience at Roy's Summerlin.
- A great ValueInvitingVIPDined on 3/4/2013Excellent meal and service....and the Monday Prix Fix is a winner! Ap or salad, entre and dessert all for $36.95. You can't beat that, especially considering the quality--which is excellent We sat at the chef's table and it was outstanding.Special Features:
- We really enjoyed our meal.lvfoodVIPDined on 3/4/2013We really enjoyed our meal. The rock shrimp appetizer had lots of small but not tiny shrimp and the sauce was asian-y, a tiny bit spicy, and addicting. The butterfish was good-sized and seared to my liking. The rice was a nice with it because it picked up the soy-based sauce, but the bok choy was limp and tasteless. Almost anything else green would have been better. My wife enjoyed her Maui Wowie salad and scallops. We're looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Roy's never disappoints.ChrisDined on 3/1/2013Roy's never disappoints. We went here for a nice night with our family. Calamari was amazing, Tombo was fresh and cooked to perfection. My husband enjoyed his filet and my son had a great Quesadilla. Thanks Roy! We will be back.Special Features:
- everyone I was with enjoyedDejoDined on 2/27/2013everyone I was with enjoyed their food and expressed a strong desire to return. The fish was fresh and tasty.Special Features:
- The food was prepared as requested.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/26/2013The food was prepared as requested. The service was terrific. We will come back again.Special Features:
- After eating here for 10 yearsSimple5VIPDined on 2/23/2013After eating here for 10 years or so, we have to admit we were somewhat disappointed in the food taste, proportion size and overall meal.
- Roy's has the best food inAl24VIPDined on 2/23/2013Roy's has the best food in Las Vegas. We have dined here many times and the food is always outstanding. Everything on the menu, which changes over time, is prepared perfectly and always has the most interesting seasonings and sauces making it a truly great dining event. The staff is extremely friendly and our server Jen was helpfull, attentive, knowledgable, and friendly. We would recommend Roy's in a heartbeat for anyone looking for a great meal in a friendly attractive setting.Special Features:
- We have been here a coupleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/20/2013We have been here a couple of times, food is outstanding, service is excellent, would recommend Roy's very highly, we always enjoy ourselves, don't forget the souffle it is out of this world.Special Features:
- Food always good. Very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/17/2013Food always good. Very friendly and efficient staff.Special Features:
- Genuine Hawaiian Fine DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/17/2013My wife and I used to live in Hawaii and were pleased to find Roy's in Las Vegas. Roy Yamaguchi's reputation as a chef is stellar and his restaurant in Las Vegas is everything we remember and love about the finer dining in Hawaii. Leave the kids at home and enjoy a truly pleasant evening out with your loved one or friends.Special Features:
- Great MealSharonDined on 2/1/2013My son ordered surf and turf and asked to substitute the crab for butter fish, no problem. We asked our waiter to suggest an appetizer and the teppan shrimp was fantastic. My mahi mahi was cooked to perfection. The only hic-up was that my son's steak was over cooked. It was taken back immediately and replaced just as fast. No arguments. The service, from the manager the t0 person clearing our table (sorry I didn't get her name) made the hic-up tolerable. Justin, our waiter made the meal! I asked for nothing, yet he comp'ed our appetizer, was completely attentive to our needs throughout the meal. It was a Friday night and he was busy with several other tables. We can't wait to go back! Thank you!Special Features:
- Roy's is one of our very favorites.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/30/2013Roy's is one of our very favorites. On the top 5 of our "go to" list. The service is always top notch. Food consistently incredible. Ambiance romantic, elegant, high class. It's also nice to be greeted with a smile by the hosting staff. I know a few high end restaurants in this town that could learn a lesson or two from Roy's. There's nothing that aggravates me more than being greeted with indifference when I'm getting ready to drop $200 on dinner. You won't get that type of treatment at Roy's. A few recommendations: the Roy's Mai Tai, the calamari, short ribs, blackened Ahi, and the mango cobbler. Yum!! Yum!!Special Features:
- I have been to Roy's manyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/25/2013I have been to Roy's many times. I always enjoy my meals. This night was better than normal so a very good. I especially enjoyed my scallops.Special Features:
- Great as Always!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/20/2013This trip to Roys was just like the rest -- phenomenal! We went to the Summerlin location and had Kristin as our server. She was great! So attentive and knowledgeable about the food and beverages. The Hawaiian martinis were great. The calimari is out of this world. We ordered the "Roys" chardonnay...crisp and perfectly paired with our Mahi Mahi & Butterfish. Finished off the meal with the Nutella turnover...delish! We have signed up for their wine tasting club and will be returning very soon!Special Features:
- Too cold for outside. OurLVMummyVIPDined on 1/19/2013Too cold for outside. Our server, Jen, is great!! Great experience & one of our favorites!Special Features:
- We were very impressed withOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/12/2013We were very impressed with the exceptional service and delicious food. We were celebrating a birthday and the restaurant went out of their way to make our special guest feel special. A wonderful dining experience!!Special Features:
- Less busy and quieter thanOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/9/2013Less busy and quieter than the "in town" LV Roy's with the sme great foodSpecial Features:
- I had the short ribs, andHonestdinerVIPDined on 1/8/2013I had the short ribs, and they were outstanding. My friend ordered a fish trio, and I tasted that; thought the fish was overcooked and dry. Our waiter was very attentive and friendly. It was my other friend's birthday, and he thought the customized menu was a very nice touch, especially when the waiter brought it rolled up, tied with a ribbon and gave it to him to take home. The cookies and "happy birthday" plate also made his day!Special Features:
- Poor Food Quality at Roy'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/5/2013A second dreadful experience at Roy's. Noodle dish with chicken was not acceptable. The chicken had pieces of bone and was not fully cooked. Had to return the dish and order something else.
- The service is always greatEdwardVIPDined on 12/30/2012The service is always great at Roy's, and the food was deliciious. The only reason we don't go to Roy's very often is that's it's pretty expensive for what you get. Prices are high and portion sizes are small. Very tasty...just not a very good value for the money.Special Features: