92-1220 Aliinui Dr.
Kapolei, HI 96707Neighborhood:
Hawaii Regional CuisinePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.royshawaii.com/
- Phone: 8086767697
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Daily: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Hawaii Regional Cuisine, Contemporary Asian
- Executive Chef: Darryl Shinogi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We do off-site catering for food only. We work with outside vendors to provide equipment and service.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact Desiree Ota for private dining options
- Private Party Contact: Desiree Ota 8086767697
- Entertainment: We have live music Friday, Saturday and Sunday night outside on our Bridge Bar Lanai from 5:30-8:00pm
A word from Roy's Ko'Olina
Open since 2004, Roy’s Ko Olina is located on the beautiful West Side of the island. We offer inside seating as well as dining on our covered Bridge Bar lanai which overlooks the 18th Hole of the Ko Olina Golf Course. Along with Roy's classic items, our guests can enjoy a vast selection of innovative creations using the freshest local ingredients available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHawaii Regional Cuisine
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Roy's Ko'Olina - Best Restaurants in Kapolei ›
Roy's Ko'Olina reviews from OpenTable diners
229 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (157)fit for foodies (121)romantic (103)scenic view (93)great for outdoor dining (86)good for groups (62)kid-friendly (54)notable wine list (40)neighborhood gem (37)great for lunch (22)great for brunch (15)hot spot (14)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (9)Show More
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014At Roy's you can experience fine dining at its best! We were surprised with one of the chief's appetizers of the night which were delightful. Roy's also has a wonderful staff that treats you as royalty. I also love the warm atmosphere at Roy's, perfect for any occasion!Special Features:
- Excellent MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014From the starters to the dessert this meal was out of this world, attentive staff dealt with every request and the service was second to none, a truly fantastic place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, poorly table timingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/15/2014Our server was attentive, but the timing was very rushed. A chef table appetizer brought with other apps(that's ok- a nice idea) but our dinners were brought too fast and wine pairings brought halfway through first 2 courses. This may sound snobby but it us a pairing for a reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...great service!!!!!!!!!FrankDined on 9/14/2014Outstanding service by all personnel...upon arrival until departure. Great food!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Hawaiiroysfine10Dined on 9/14/2014If you want fine dining, great service, ambiance, and romantic atmosphere then Roy's is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Never disappointed here! Went for the beef rib, omg, delicious. Friends ordered seafood...best ever. I have been here several times and it is simply the best food in the Ko Olina area. Went twice during my trip. The macademia nut tart is out of this world.... Roys is one of my absolute favorites of ANY place I have ever been!Special Features:
- Exceptional food, service and golf!foodloverDined on 9/13/2014So glad creativity is on going with the chef. And using local ingredients is a huge plus. We've had different dishes each time dining here and the flavors are not the same. Meaning same dragon sauce on different sushi, but it's own individual flavors. The kabocha pumpkin and tomato soup was very refined. The acid of the tomato didn't over power the sweetness of the pumpkin but melded well together. Never thought of putting these two together, but it works. The service was exceptional as Tai was super friendly and very knowledgeable of each dish and preparations. Never pressured you and helped narrow our choices. Oh the foie gras (grade A) with mango was cooked perfect!! Over looking the golf course was a bonus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Giving Roy's another chancelovefoodDined on 9/12/2014Our first experience at Roy's Rancho Mirage was mixed. The food wasn't perfect but they tried really hard, even letting me order another dish at no extra charge. Roy's Ko Olina dining experience was'nt a very good one. We were served a round of water which tasted and smelled foul. We mentioned to the server and even manager who came by later to apology but said their water was fine.....????? we asked for the water to be replaced and it tasted fine. I don't know why they didn't believe what we were telling them. The food at the price we were paying wasn't great. Roy's at this location didn't feel like a high quality restaurant. The only friendly person there was this young bus-boy. So this will conclude my dining at any Roy's.Special Features:
- Great Short RibsBillinGeorgiaDined on 9/11/2014We had the short ribs and macadamia nut crusted fish. The short ribs were excellent.Special Features:
- Awesome Food and ServiceAwazDined on 9/9/2014The minute you walk in the restraunt everyone is super friendly. Our waiter Taisei was the bomb! His recommendations was out of the world! He explained to the tee , on how it's was going to taste.. Every single employee was friendly. I was very surprised for us locals to get a first class treatment experience. Price is usually an issue with me! But with the service we had that night , $ was not a problem...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysJayInJapanDined on 9/9/2014This was our 4th Roy's restaurant and 4th Roy's meal. This may have been the best of all. The service was great; our waiter explained all our food choices in detail. The food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service and foodsmiley525Dined on 9/9/2014I'm always very happy with the food and outstanding customer service. Keeps us coming back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Date NightKayTDined on 9/8/2014Two separate friends of ours recommended that we try Roy's - so we did, and we were not disappointed! The food was delicious, the staff was friendly and helpful, and we really had the perfect evening. I had the grilled shrimp and my fiancé had a seafood trio. For dessert, I had a banana's foster dish and he had a chocolate cake. Everything we ate was amazing! I would definitely recommend to anyone in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageLocalBoyDined on 9/6/2014Was expecting something more special from Roy's. Wait staff and hostesses were very friendly and welcoming. However, considering the menu prices I would rate the food average or nothing special. I had a ribeye which was cooked perfectly but it was just a steak. Sauce wasn't great and it came without any sides. When you select a restaurant like Roy's there are expectations. Our dinner did not come close to being anything special. I could of had the same meal at Outback.
- Wonderful evewning at Roy'sphilDined on 9/5/2014We have been going to various Roy's for several years and have been constantly very happy with their meals and service. This place was no exception. The service was polite and professional. The ambiance was perfect, especial for a tropical environment: open and light. The most important element -- the food -- was superb. The four of us all had fish dishes and they were uniformly wonderful: perfectly cooked with some nice sauces or seasonings. Maybe the nicest thing of all was the noise level was relatively low by today's rather absurd standards. We could actually talk to each other without shouting. What a concept.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seating and Service Winealoha1Dined on 9/4/2014We initially got seated at the worst table outside (right by the door). I asked if there was not a better spot (i could see there was an open table at the far end) and the hostess did move us - why did i have to ask to be at a decent table when it was readily available. Our waitress disappeared toward the end of the night (we were the only ones there so it wasn't from being too busy) and we had to wait for her for quite some time for our bill. The white wine that was poured with the prix fixe was wretched - undrinkable. Waitress swapped it out thankfully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AndreaDined on 9/4/2014A fabulous pineapple martini, the freshest fish and chocolate souffle. The only thing that could possibly improve the experience is the beautiful location at the Ko' Olina country club. If you are looking for fresh, locally sourced gourmet food in the most beautiful place on earth...look no more.Special Features:
- JW Marriott vs golf course dining?Time2eatDined on 9/3/2014I've wanted to try Roy's restaurant ever since his expansion stateside and didn't want to pass up the opportunity to dine at the Ko Olina. Our group of five opted for the Prix Fix menu and Roy's offers a great deal with or without wines. An appetizer course include Ahi, spring roll, and baby back rib. The macadamia crusted Opah was delicious and served with a Maine lobster essence which enhanced the fish. The boneless short ribs were delicious and two very large pieces of meat came a top a tasty potato and vegetables assemblage. Somehow despite being quite full we all devoured dessert; macadamia tart or chocolate soufflé. The wine matched were perfect though a 6 oz pour wouldn't break his budget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LynnegVIPDined on 9/2/2014Tai, the manager, was fantastic. Very friendly and accomodating. Bus boys need to not be so eager to clear the table. You could barely put down your fork before everything was whisked away -sometimes before you were finished, and always before the others at the table were finished. Makes you feel very rushed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Dinner at Roy'sJohnDined on 9/2/2014Have eaten at Roy's on the mainland and on Maui, so had high expectations, but this was over the top!! Excellent food--from appetizer to dessert, and outstanding service. Great wine from their exclusive list at a reasonable price point. Best meal we've had so far in our 3 weeks in Hawaii. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Great service!Luv2dineoutDined on 9/2/2014We had great service. Food was ok very overpriced.
- Fantastic food and setting!Luv2eatgoodfoodDined on 8/31/2014The food was eclectic and fantastic! The server, Sin, guided my husband and I as this was our first time at Roy's Hawaii. Every suggestion was terrific. We will definitely be back to Roy's Hawaii - Ko Olina!Special Features:
- Dinner on the deck with the familyBrendanDined on 8/30/2014Exceptional food, great music in the background. Mountains of a Oahu in the distance. Steaks were well cooked ,, like butter. Mongolian spiced ribs were fantastic. Never an empty glass for long Ate a few nights before at "chucks" at the marriott and paid a lot more there for significantly less quality. Can't wait for the next trip to Hawaii.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roy's KO Olina - GreatgolfndineDined on 8/30/2014The dining experience was superb as usual... Rib appetizer, Hibachi salmon, and the Chocolate souffle. Was very busy, probably 375-400 meals served that evening, and service unusually slow. Still the best place to dine on western Oahu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Not very good for a romantic evening. lots of noise, lots of children. We went for our 32nd wedding aniversary so I thought that we would be seated in a nice romantic cornor of the resterant but was seated in the middle of noisy part of theresturant. The food was great and the service was great.Special Features:
- 36 ANNIVERSARYOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/30/2014We came in on Sat night to celebrate our 36th Anniversary and had a great time! Chef Daryl was jamming and Michael and Louie were on top of our table! See you at the end of the yearSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was fantasticLeeLeeDined on 8/27/2014Very impressed with the young waiters. They made a very romantic dinner perfect. Great view of the 18th hole and sunset. We had the shortrib and miso-butterfish. Finished it off with a chocolate souffle and espresso martinis!!! Wonderful evening and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful!k01nurseDined on 8/26/2014The standouts were: Our server Sin was wonderful...knowledgeable and attentive. The lillokoi martini was off the charts yummy The butterfish was extraordinarily delicious. The shrimp were overcooked and a little tough, however the basil lillikoi sauce was very good.Special Features:
- Nice place for dinnerOutKast2oh6Dined on 8/24/2014Celebrated my wife's birthday there and it was out first time eating at Roy's in Ko'Olina. Very nice atmosphere with great attentive servers. We ordered the 2 special pre fix dinners they had that night and both were delicious! One of the wine pairing was not great but other than that a great meal. Thanks to the staff for making our dinner so special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choice!MrswildDined on 8/22/2014We went to Roy's for my husband's birthday. I had a reservation. We were immediately seated. I was quite impressed with the service. The food was excellent. There's no salt shakers on the table for a reason. The food was perfect, from appetizers to dessert. Nothing was off, missing or required attention. We had a great dinner. I'd absolutely recommend Roy's to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always terrificAngelfood1VIPDined on 8/21/2014We have been to Roy's probably close to 10 times, as long as we have been coming to Ko Olina. It is always a treasured event, highlight of our week. The food never fails to satisfy & although it is pricey, we appreciate the effort that goes into the preparation as well as the quality ingredients. The seafood is incredibly fresh & the combinations of flavors never fails to excite. Our children, now young adults have grown up learning to taste the finest Hawaii has to offer. The service is always top notch & although the surroundings could use an update, we love Roy's!Special Features:
- Very enjoyable experienceFranciscoDined on 8/20/2014Dining on the outside deck/bar was very nice with a great view of the golf course. We had absolutely perfect weather. The service was flawless and everyone very pleasant and helpful. Everything we ordered was unique, and delicious. The bar was pouring really attractive drinks but there was NO alcohol in them. Bring your own booze or stick with soft drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Pacific Cusine Ko'OlinaLuvsOahuDined on 8/19/2014We went to Roy's ( Ko'Olina) for my 65th Birthday (Included Husband, Daughter and (2) 14 year old grandchildren) Service and Food were outstanding! The "Fish" of the Day was superb; enjoyed the creative recipes and plating of the appetizers/ desserts.Special Features:
- OverpricedSurfDadDined on 8/18/2014Even though this is part of the Ko 'Olina golf course clubhouse, I would call this more of a pub restaurant. My kids dressed up for this meal (neat-casual), and I wore slacks - could have just stayed in our t-shirts and shorts. Casual atmosphere - flip flops and shorts in abundance. Service is very good. Food was decent and service was very good. I ordered the pork belly which was tasty but the meat was a little dry and overdone so had to slather it with sauce. Based upon the service and food alone - it was a decent meal. But WAY overpriced. There was nothing special or memorable to justify the prices.
- Excellent!!!!!CrabbyDined on 8/16/2014Excellent all the way around. Cant go wrong with Roy'sSpecial Features:
- Pretty nice but no romantic caveSchmidt77Dined on 8/11/2014Roy's is nice, good food and friendly staff. If you're a golfer and you're looking for lunch I'll bet it's the best. We are not golfers though, and was looking for dinner. Not really a cozy place with atmosphere, it's much too large and storage place looking for that, but we had a fairly good time. Undermanned staff when we were there, so the service was abit slowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beef Short Ribs - oh myKenODined on 8/10/2014Probably the best meal that I've ever had! We sat outdoors and the live entertainment was enjoyable. The sushi was incredible. The beef short ribs were amazing. Only complaint was that the desserts took 30 minutes to arrive, even with a pre-order when we ordered our main selection.Special Features:
- Thank God for iPads!CalgaryGalDined on 8/7/2014Had a reservation and were seated promptly by the most unfriendly hostess. Busboy was prompt with waters and edamame but had to ask him to bring kids appie (took 20 minutes - thank God we had the iPad to keep DD busy). 35 minutes later, waiter stopped by to take drink order - asked him for kids menu since we didn't have it yet. Another 20 minutes to get drinks at which time he asked if we were ready to order (Yes!). I mistakenly asked (again) for a kids menu. He left to get it and didn't see him again for another 15 minutes. Once we finally ordered, the food came quickly and was great. Atmosphere at this location is horrible and not at all "Hawaiian". No kids treasure chest and seriously, the rudest hostess' I have ever encountered.
- Not the best effortScottVIPDined on 8/6/2014We have gone to Roy's many times and this was the first time it wasn't outstanding. We sat outside and it seems that for some reason the entire outside is handled by one waiter/waitress. There should be at least one more to handle it. Service suffers because of this. Also we had a miscommunication with what the menu said and what we received. It was handled by the supervisor and we are definitely going to go back. It just would have been nice if the menu description had been more accurate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greeting, food, serviceDnngoutDined on 8/5/2014Greeting was outstanding, service was stellar, food was delicious a slight over cooking of steakSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.