Roy's - Kaanapali
2290 Kaanapali Pkwy.
Lahaina, HI 96761Neighborhood:
Hawaii Regional CuisinePrice: $31 to $50
Roy's - Kaanapali
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.royshawaii.com/
- Phone: 8086696999x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Daily: 11:00pm - 5:00pm
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Hawaii Regional Cuisine, Hawaiian
- Executive Chef: Joey Macadangdang
- Dress Code: Resort Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call 808-669-6999 with any catering inquiries.
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate groups up to 50 in a semi-private setting.
- Private Party Contact: Kanoe Medeiros 8086696999x
- Special Events: If you are interested in booking special events with Roy's Ka'anapali please contact us at 808-669-6999.
A word from Roy's - Kaanapali
Welcome to Roy's Ka'anapali! Since opening "the original" Roy's Hawaii Kai in 1988, I have set out to explore "new directions," blending classic European cooking techniques with unique influences of Asia and the Pacific. Guided by the freshest ingredients and my own sense of freedom, the menu is constantly evolving.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHawaii Regional Cuisine
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Roy's - Kaanapali - Best Restaurants in Lahaina ›
Roy's - Kaanapali reviews from OpenTable diners
198 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (108)special occasion (106)scenic view (56)romantic (56)good for groups (48)notable wine list (32)kid-friendly (30)hot spot (25)neighborhood gem (24)vibrant bar scene (21)great for lunch (18)late-night find (5)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- You are going to Roy'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/23/2014Better location with golf course view. It is expensive and the menu is the same at all of the Roy's. The starters are big enough for a main course. Staff was very attentive and they make the restaurant special .Special Features:
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014We loved Roy's from start to finish . The food was excellent. This is a must eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High quality as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/20/2014We have been to the Roy's in Orlando, kuai, the big island, and now Maiu. The quality of food and service has not varied between locations: always outstanding. Highly recommend to all to travel to any of those locationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For golfersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014I have been dining at Roy's for over twenty years and was very disappointed with the Kaanapali restaurant. The upscale ambiance of Roy's has been turned into a golf course club house. Other patrons were dressed like they had just come from the beach, wearing t-shirts and flip flops and baseball caps backwards. For the prices we are willing to pay for a dining experience at Roy's, the management should rethink which direction the restaurant should go.
- Outstanding dining experienceLocalFoodiesDined on 10/18/2014Service was remarkable! Our server had recommended the seafood risotto and it did not disappoint. The scallops melted in my mouth, the baby clams and shrimp were delicious, and the risotto was perfectly cooked. Everyone at our table had amazing courses as well. Highly recommend the seared Ahi, the filet, and the mahi mahi with the squid ink fettucini. Families, couples, and everyone in between will love it here! So ono! Mahalo to the chefs, kitchen and dining staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerfridaynitedinerDined on 10/17/2014went for dinner but was a little too close to families and children who wanted to play at the tables. was a little too loud for an adult night out. should have asked to be moved.Special Features:
- No impresses. Bar is main concernOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Noisey and outdated ambiance and food. Waiter was bored and not at all personable. Bar takes up majority of restaurant and is noisey.Special Features:
- MarktcOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/14/2014Great night out without the kids. The food was fantastic. I highly recommend the butter fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014A nice surprise while visiting Hawaii. We were a little concerned in that this is a "chain" restaurant however were pleased with the service, the menu selection and the presentation. Our compliments to the chef who has developed a menu that compliments the local foods.Special Features:
- Great foodLuvtoeatDined on 10/11/2014Great food if you can afford it. Very kid friendly, good choices to make any kid satisfied. Loved the food and very generous portions. Expensive but great for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roys in mauiroysDined on 10/9/2014We had a wonderful evening at Roys, the food was excellent, we would deff. go back again.Special Features:
- Best Roy's ExperienceLDDoyleDined on 10/8/2014We've never had anything approaching a bad meal at any of the Roy's we've patronized, but the food at Roy's - Kaanapali was especially excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Dining ExperiencerogerVIPDined on 10/5/2014This was our first dining experience at Roy's and it was absolutely fantastic. The staff was friendly and fun and very informative on the menu. Although a little pricey, the food was prepared exquisitely. When in Maui, we will definitely visit Roy's again.Special Features:
- RoysOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014Wonderful at Roys. Enjoyed it all. The only thing that would have made it perfect would be a little air conditioning.Special Features:
- Delightful Maui Dinning!MaryAnnMcDined on 10/4/2014Roy's was a "must visit" recommendation on our trip to Maui. We were not disappointed! Comfortable atmosphere, friendly and attentive service and our food was great! Celebrating our anniversary, we received a free dessert presented so lovely, we took a picture! We would definitely return and look forward to visiting Roy's other locations in the future.Special Features:
- Roy'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Food was very good, the menu is fresh and different. The RIBS are amazing as is the Lumpia. Dessert also a winner. The service is very attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Over all diningCarolDined on 9/22/2014This location has always been one of our stops when in the islands. The food has always been excellent and the service is great. The view is very nice "" AFTER "" the sun goes behind the nearby hotels. Prior to that it is too bright to be comfortable. No complaints...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet food but sweat havenGDDiningVIPDined on 9/21/2014Our first trip to this Roy's location but probably our 10th visit to a Roy's restaurant. As always, the food was great. However, we skipped desert as it was so hot in the restaurant. Most ladies were obviously overheating as they either pulled their long hair over their shouler or put it up. We couldn't wait to get out of there. With every table paying from $100 to $300, you'd think they'd put the air conditioning on. We won't return to this location. Bummer!Special Features:
- juppeats2.5starjuppeatsVIPDined on 9/20/2014Went to the Maui Roy's expecting it to be similar to quality to the many other Roy's we have visited. It's not. This Roy's was created out of the former golf course restaurant at this site and still resembles it in quality and appearance. We went for lunch and saw nothing of the menu items we love at other Roy's locations. Very few fish choices and were pretty standard fair. My guest and I had the spicy ahi poke which was good, but common to poke you can buy at nearby Safeway. Another guest had pulled pork sandwich and another the fish and chips. Nothing was memorable. Service was spotty, with the servers son doing far better than the dad. Drink orders and requests for things like salt had to be done more than once. Disappointing.
- A good ExperienceMartyRVIPDined on 9/17/2014Roy's has fine food and a nice ambience. The food is quite good, drinks a bit too strong (it's nice they don't skimp on alcohol but when ordering a tropical cocktail you want to taste the flavors and not just the alcohol). Recommend the PuPu Canoe (the ribs and Ahi Poke are excellent). Food is very high quality.Special Features:
- Great...TMdinersDined on 9/16/2014Asian fusion dishes, great...molten chocolate cake a must haveI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerAsI415VIPDined on 9/16/2014Excellent service and great food. I know I'll always enjoy my meals when I come here. I think the restaurant decor needs some work. When I think Roy's, I think trendy. Then again, I'm used to the Roy's in San Francisco. (This won't stop me from eating here again or recommending it to friends)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Roy's!ChristleballDined on 9/16/2014We have a Roy's at home and we eat there often. It seems this location has the best food out of all and we always make sure we eat here when in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the same as other Roy'sShabuDined on 9/15/2014This particular location lacks the same ambience and special attention to detail that the other Roys have, and I've been to at least 6 other locations. I did expect the menu to vary, but the restaurant itself looked very plain and the tables were nothing special. They did have some of the typical dishes and the service was stellar, but you just felt like you were in a regular restaurant. It's also not well marked and located on a golf course so there was no feeling of being on Maui or even being remotely near the ocean. I was looking forward to dinner, and it was a disappointment.Special Features:
- Lovely anniversary dinnerHelenhawaiiDined on 9/11/2014The appetiser canoe was awesome. The Tuna poke was divine as were the ribs. Desserts awesome too. The service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best anniversary dinnerFredlesmacDined on 9/9/2014Had our 25th anniversary dinner here and decided to come back for our 30th. The new location is awesome on the golf course. It adds to the romance of the occasion. We both had the filet. Best we ever had, We have eaten at Roy's is Pebble Beach, Ca. and this was much better. Great place to have a cocktail at sunset at the bar. We will be back again for our 35th anniversary for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MauiIibbyVIPDined on 9/8/2014Roy's is always top notch when it comes to their delicious Asion Fusion cuisine, and the wait staff is terrific. Only thing is, this great restaurant just can't compete with the true west-facing restaurants for sunset. Looking out over a golf course really does nothing for us. The accoustics could stand to be improved somehow as noise travels quickly in the main dining room, making it necessary to shout to your dining companions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food. Highly recommended.RegSDined on 9/8/2014We have been to Roy's in San Francisco and two other islands. Roy's at Kaanapali is by far the best. Appetizers, main courses and dessert were excellent. Service was perfect. Although Merimans has the dining room with the best view on Maui, Roy's serves the best meals and does so at a much more reasonable price.Special Features:
- Great food, but a bit noisyLeslieDined on 9/7/2014The food was excellent, especially the dragon roll and the chocolate soufflé. The serving team was excellent. The only drawback we found was that the noise level was loud making it difficult to talk, but it died down after 9pm.Special Features:
- Another excellent Roy's mealQuincy56Dined on 9/6/2014We have been to many Roy's locations. First time to this one on Maui. We had an excellent meal this time around. Had the appetizer pupu platter and then split the three fish plate, which was plenty for the two of us. Also had a coupon for a free chocolate souffleSpecial Features:
- DisappointedJEDIFOOLDined on 9/6/2014The food and drinks were horrible. Way over priced! The room felt and looked like the back of a school play. Totally disappointed because we were referred there! Put a major downer on my anniversary!
- Lived Up To ExpectationsAteInMauiDined on 9/4/2014We had high expectations for many of the restaurants we visited in Maui and Roy's was the only one that lived up to our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gotta Go - to Roy's Maui!ritzcrackerDined on 9/3/2014The place where delicious, local, fresh, innovative cuisine comes together with warm, attentive, and personal service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food To Keep You FitPwh007Dined on 9/3/2014This is a great place to go when you want something to eat but don’t want a lot! For appetizer we had Maui onion soup. I did not like it. It was too salty. We also had a crab cake appetizer. There were two tiny cakes that tasted okay. The main course was nice. It was a small seafood dish nicely decorated on the plate with two sides that I could hardly see. High fives to the chef for serving up a wonderful dish! This is a rather expensive restaurant with average prices for wine and beer.Special Features:
- SteveSteveDined on 9/1/2014The meal could not have been better...from the appetizer to the dessert.Special Features:
- Excellent as AlwaysMauiFoodLoverDined on 8/30/2014In every way Roy's delivers each time we go. Perfect service, food is great no matter what we order. The chef even whipped up a special fruit sauce for my daughter's fish selection. It was outstanding! We love Roy's. Catch the man himself at the Hawaii Food and Wine Fest each Fall as well. It's well worth the effort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SIGDinnerVIPDined on 8/29/2014Roy's always provides a wonderful dining experience with scrumptious cuisine and impeccable service. This particular location is settled over a golf course but the view of the ocean is blocked by buildings. The service was quick and efficient with excellent suggestions on the menu. The food was well prepared and for a fine dining restaurant the portions are generous. Overall an excellent meal and well worth the stop if you are on this side of Maui.Special Features:
- Excellent!!GinajetDined on 8/29/2014Phenomenal food. Best birthday dinner ever! Cannot recommend enough. Thank you Roy's for the best time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great in past, not so great todaytonyweilerDined on 8/28/2014Food choices included too much spicy food, which is a barrier to those with "good taste." Food choices limited (surprise!). Price was high for what was received, considering the location, no where near Hawaiian waters, but far back away from water on the other side of a golf course, next to a busy road. Very noisy, with no seating not near large group tables, with "tipsy" patrons being sure all friends hear what is being sai and everyone else within 20 meters.Special Features:
- Disappearing waitress!LindaDined on 8/28/2014The appetizers were great but the entrees were bland. Then, the waitress never came back. I swear it was 20 minutes before we saw her again checking on another table. We complained to the manager and she took my husbands meal off the bill. This is a typical tourist trap. There are too many other good places in Maui to endure bad service.Special Features: