Roy's - Kaanapali
2290 Kaanapali Pkwy.
Lahaina, HI 96761Neighborhood:
Hawaii Regional CuisinePrice: $31 to $50
Roy's - Kaanapali
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.royshawaii.com/
- Phone: 8086696999x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Daily: 11:00pm - 5:00pm
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Hawaii Regional Cuisine, Hawaiian
- Executive Chef: Joey Macadangdang
- Dress Code: Resort Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call 808-669-6999 with any catering inquiries.
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate groups up to 50 in a semi-private setting.
- Private Party Contact: Kanoe Medeiros 8086696999x
- Special Events: If you are interested in booking special events with Roy's Ka'anapali please contact us at 808-669-6999.
A word from Roy's - Kaanapali
Welcome to Roy's Ka'anapali! Since opening "the original" Roy's Hawaii Kai in 1988, I have set out to explore "new directions," blending classic European cooking techniques with unique influences of Asia and the Pacific. Guided by the freshest ingredients and my own sense of freedom, the menu is constantly evolving.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHawaii Regional Cuisine
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Roy's - Kaanapali - Best Restaurants in Lahaina ›
Roy's - Kaanapali reviews from OpenTable diners
180 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (101)fit for foodies (93)romantic (56)scenic view (50)notable wine list (33)good for groups (32)kid-friendly (30)hot spot (23)vibrant bar scene (18)neighborhood gem (17)great for lunch (14)late-night find (5)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Excellent as AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014In every way Roy's delivers each time we go. Perfect service, food is great no matter what we order. The chef even whipped up a special fruit sauce for my daughter's fish selection. It was outstanding! We love Roy's. Catch the man himself at the Hawaii Food and Wine Fest each Fall as well. It's well worth the effort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SIGDinnerVIPDined on 8/29/2014Roy's always provides a wonderful dining experience with scrumptious cuisine and impeccable service. This particular location is settled over a golf course but the view of the ocean is blocked by buildings. The service was quick and efficient with excellent suggestions on the menu. The food was well prepared and for a fine dining restaurant the portions are generous. Overall an excellent meal and well worth the stop if you are on this side of Maui.Special Features:
- Excellent!!GinajetDined on 8/29/2014Phenomenal food. Best birthday dinner ever! Cannot recommend enough. Thank you Roy's for the best time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great in past, not so great todayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014Food choices included too much spicy food, which is a barrier to those with "good taste." Food choices limited (surprise!). Price was high for what was received, considering the location, no where near Hawaiian waters, but far back away from water on the other side of a golf course, next to a busy road. Very noisy, with no seating not near large group tables, with "tipsy" patrons being sure all friends hear what is being sai and everyone else within 20 meters.Special Features:
- Disappearing waitress!LindaDined on 8/28/2014The appetizers were great but the entrees were bland. Then, the waitress never came back. I swear it was 20 minutes before we saw her again checking on another table. We complained to the manager and she took my husbands meal off the bill. This is a typical tourist trap. There are too many other good places in Maui to endure bad service.Special Features:
- Roy's KaanapaliOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2014When arriving on time with a reservation for a party of four our hostest escorted us past the main dining aira passing several empty tables to a remote table in the back of the restarant. I asked if we could be seated at one of the empty tables that we had passed. The hoastess explained the tabled was reserved. I reminded her that we too had made a reservation. She then proceeded to check with her manager and then relocated us. The restaraunt was a bit noisy and we had a family close by with two out of controll children! Our waitress however was delightful and the food was delicious. I can only offer a mixed review.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliableSukiDined on 8/25/2014Look forward to Roy's every time we go to Hawaii! Never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014The food was fantastic and the service very good but it is very large and noisy. Not good ambiance.
- Very goodLocalsVIPDined on 8/23/2014Short version: Food excellent - service a bit off tonight. Longer version: We have been to Roy's many times at many locations around the country. They always do a great job with local ingredients in a Pan-Pacific menu. My Ono was excellent, as well as my companion's Swordfish. Service was a bit off, ordered several items (including wine), and each took longer than it should - even though the bar was 15 feet away. The waiter went into a long speech of Roy's even though we have been at this location many times. Would we go back - yes, but don't assume we are novices to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Good ExperienceSteveDined on 8/18/2014Have dined at Roy's in Ka'anapali many times (including when it was located in Kahana) and have always had a good experience. The current location is an improvement. Food is always good as is the service. We do wish there was someway to lower the noise level a bit in the dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An oldie but still a goodieCleanyourplateDined on 8/17/2014The food was superb, as always; the service exemplary!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerRDRCERDined on 8/16/2014We always go to Roy's for special occasions when we are in Hawaii. Whether we are on Maui or Kauai we know we will enjoy our evening. They go out if the way to make your visit special.Special Features:
- Amazing dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014Everything from the cocktails, appetizers and entrees had wonderful flavor and unique twists. The fish was like butter and the desserts were incredible (go for the chocolate souffle and the banana crisp!) We enjoyed every bite! The staff was very attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mrs. Lisa HynesSwoopfirstDined on 8/8/2014We have been to Roy's many times.This Roy's is by far the best.It was our 28 anniversary,& they treated us like royalty. We were congratulated by the hostess first,brought a little gift from the the chef,and treated to a special dessert.My husband had the risotto with lobster,scallops,&fish,all of which were moist & perfectly cooked.I had the mahijiki which was moist, tender & just lovely. My son ordered the meat-loaf, which he loved & I had later as leftovers-it was amazing!Best for last:our waiter. I'm sad to say I can't remember his name, because he made it all perfect. Not once were we without water,wine, etc.His menu knowledge was spot on-he was friendly and fun.he was that last little ingredient to perfection! Also, soufflé=heaven!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnforgettableLove2eatDined on 8/7/2014This place was absolutely fabulous. The staff was awesome. From the hostess to the bartender to our server. My wife and I could not stop talking about our experience. The food was out of this world!!! The prices were perfect. We can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roy's guestIndgreatsDined on 8/5/2014Great seafood . No ambience, looks like Denny's. Loud and hated the bar in the middle of the room. Ok for the golf scene it must cater to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Started Slow, Ended StrongIndurate7VIPDined on 8/1/2014We made a reservation and had to wait an additional 20 minutes. But once we sat down the food was amazing! And the waitress took good care of us. Not saying it is a kids restaurant, but we took our child and they had a special menu and looked after his needs.Special Features:
- New Venue, Venerable Roy'sPapaGVIPDined on 8/1/2014Long time fans of Roy's, this was our first time at the new Kaanapali venue, a real improvement. The golf course/sunset view are great (no ocean) and the upscale vibrant atmosphere is classic Roy's. Our dinner was excellent: Seared ahi sashimi appetizer, seafood stew, crusted monchong all exceeded expectations. Good wine list, with reasonable and upscale options. Service was attentive though wine pouring could have been more timely. Chocolate mousse dessert was just average. Easy walk from the Kaanapali hotels and condos. Kids menu available, and they seemed to handle groups OK, but the restaurant is a bit upscale for small children. Signage is a bit lacking so if you're trying to find it, the restaurant is in the clubhouse. GSpecial Features:
- Best restaurant in MauiOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 8/1/2014We've been to all the good places in kaanapali during our 8 day vacation in maui and this place really stood out. Exceptional food and service!Special Features:
- MAUIFOODYMauifoodyVIPDined on 8/1/2014Lunch was delicious and we go there often. Dinner is a gourmands dream. Chef Joey Macadangdang and the entire staff of Roys are the best of the best. If you're a visitor, this is a must.Special Features:
- Roy's never failsDaveVIPDined on 7/31/2014Food always the same, great. We sampled multiple dishes and desserts. Everyone was completely happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/31/2014We've dined at Roy's at multiple locations in Hawaii and California and never been disappointed. The Ahi was exquisite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous evening!AKDinerDined on 7/31/2014Roy's was a longstanding favourite of ours for years in Kahana, but as we have been away frm the Islands for a couple of years it was great to find Roys again in Ka'anapali. We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary and the food, wine, and service were all top notch. Appetizer portions were larger than expected, and suitable for sharing - so check with your wait staff or you will be at risk of over-ordering! The kids loved the chocolate souffle and pineapple upside-down cake. Wonderful evening from start to finish.Special Features:
- LvroysDined on 7/31/2014Great staff, good food, setting.....OK. Not very tropical or elegant. Other Roys on the main land have a much better setting. We dined just before sunset, and the blinds had to be closed, so no view whatsoever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak ever!RedSoxsteakaholic1Dined on 7/29/2014I am a seasoned steakaholic and I had the best steak ever - seasoned rib eye. My wife's trio of fish was excellent. The chocolate soufflé was outstanding. If it was not our last nite there - we would have been going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must Try when in Maui!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014The restaurant has a golf course view and not your typical ocean view as many restaurant in Maui have. The food is superb! Their menu changes daily depending on the catch and there are some signature entrees that stay the same. The seafood is delicate and fresh.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!FoodieFunDined on 7/28/2014Wonderful dining experience at Roy's in Maui. We went twice for dinner and twice for lunch while we were in Maui for vacation. The food was amazing every time. The best dish I had was swordfish over lobster risotto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible locationPferazziVIPDined on 7/28/2014Not on par with any other Roy's I've dined at before. Food was tasty but way too high priced for such a horrible location. The restaurant is on a golf course inside what probably was the golf course clubhouse restaurant. Cheap furnishings. Way below what should be the standard at Roy's.
- Good Food/ Service weakBeachcomber77VIPDined on 7/27/2014Waitress was expressionless no passion about the food. Did not have wine knowledge when asked about a wine, she said she never tried it. That is not an answer I expected at a restaurant that requries the women to wear mens shirts and ties. If you can't remember the tasting notes, have a cheat sheet and read it to me. TS restaurants that are more casual than Roy's even have this. Also BEFORE our entree's were delivered the dessert menu was dropped. It was 8:45 pm I hardly think they were going to turn our table again so what is the rush? Will sit at the Bar next time like we usually do, bartenders are GREAT. Table service was a huge dissapointment.Special Features:
- Great Last NightGreatFoodieDined on 7/25/2014We were looking for a great place for dinner for our last night in Maui and lucked upon Roy's. The wait staff was fantastic, the view was incredible overlooking the golf course ... just wish we'd been there to see the sun go down over the hotels. All of the food was fantastic as well, really excellent. They also offer you a free desert if you check-in on Yelp.Special Features:
- Always GreatstuniceDined on 7/24/2014Every year on our pilgrimage to Kaanapali we stop in at Roys for a great meal. We have found little difference in the quality of food or service since they moved from Kahana years ago to their new location on the golf course here in Kaanapali. We have always experienced great service that is attentive to every detail and great tasting food. The place gets busy each night so if you are looking for quiet and romantic, it is best to have an early or late dinner. If you love chocolate, never miss the chocolate lava cake. It is over the top. The prices are significantly higher than the mainland, but it's Hawaii. Enjoy.Special Features:
- Exceeded expectationsbteam75Dined on 7/22/2014The food was outstanding; best fish ever. The meatloaf was tasty and light. The dessert was better than we expected!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delishfoodie89Dined on 7/20/2014I am not a big fish eater, but the fish was fantastic and the dessert was even better! This is one of our favorite places to go every time we go to Hawaii.Special Features:
- GandBTDined on 7/19/2014WE loved Roy's!! The staff is experienced and knowledgeable...... very personable..... And the food is top notch! Highly recommend.... and don't forget the Chocolate Souffle
- Another Roy's, another great mealScottDined on 7/18/2014We have eaten at the Roy's Ko'Olina many times and love it. We took a trip to Maui, so we decided to try the Roy's at Ka'anapali. It was as wonderful as the Roy's we are accustomed to. Service was excellent! Food was even better. We look forward to trying out more Roy's as we come across them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite as good as Roy's in VegasChristySVIPDined on 7/18/2014We had recently visited the Roy's in Vegas, which we loved. The food here was just as delicious, but I thought the service and ambience weren't quite as good. We still enjoyed it though.
- Worth the tripJamhofDined on 7/15/2014Drinks were great. Food and service was outstanding. Our waiter was very knowledgable, and courteous, as was all of the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NightSeattleVisitorsDined on 7/14/2014We were here in Maui with our daughter and her husband who had just spent two weeks relaxing after he returned from his deployment in Afghanistan. They live in Nashville and we live in Seattle so it was the first time we had seen them since he returned and we wanted this to be a very special night and Roys did not disappoint. Our waiter who did not know we were celebrating was informative and friendly the rest of the staff was very attentive. The food was amazing. We each got something different and decided everything was great but decided the Blackened Tuna and the Mejiki were hands down the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, pricey.KPSmithDined on 7/12/2014The food was good but a bit too pricey. Definitely go for the pri fixe menu to get the best experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014They hit it out of the park on all aspects. Server Suzie was very knowledgeable about her trade.Special Features: