Roy's - Kaanapali
2290 Kaanapali Pkwy.
Lahaina, HI 96761Neighborhood:
Hawaii Regional CuisinePrice: $31 to $50
Roy's - Kaanapali
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.royshawaii.com/
- Phone: 8086696999x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Daily: 11:00pm - 5:00pm
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Hawaii Regional Cuisine, Hawaiian
- Executive Chef: Joey Macadangdang
- Dress Code: Resort Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call 808-669-6999 with any catering inquiries.
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate groups up to 50 in a semi-private setting.
- Private Party Contact: Kanoe Medeiros 8086696999x
- Special Events: If you are interested in booking special events with Roy's Ka'anapali please contact us at 808-669-6999.
A word from Roy's - Kaanapali
Welcome to Roy's Ka'anapali! Since opening "the original" Roy's Hawaii Kai in 1988, I have set out to explore "new directions," blending classic European cooking techniques with unique influences of Asia and the Pacific. Guided by the freshest ingredients and my own sense of freedom, the menu is constantly evolving.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHawaii Regional Cuisine
Roy's - Kaanapali - Best Restaurants in Lahaina ›
Roy's - Kaanapali reviews from OpenTable diners
182 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (98)fit for foodies (97)scenic view (59)romantic (52)good for groups (39)notable wine list (35)kid-friendly (30)hot spot (23)vibrant bar scene (21)neighborhood gem (18)great for lunch (14)late-night find (5)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Roy'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Food was very good, the menu is fresh and different. The RIBS are amazing as is the Lumpia. Dessert also a winner. The service is very attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Over all diningCarolDined on 9/22/2014This location has always been one of our stops when in the islands. The food has always been excellent and the service is great. The view is very nice "" AFTER "" the sun goes behind the nearby hotels. Prior to that it is too bright to be comfortable. No complaints...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet food but sweat havenGDDiningVIPDined on 9/21/2014Our first trip to this Roy's location but probably our 10th visit to a Roy's restaurant. As always, the food was great. However, we skipped desert as it was so hot in the restaurant. Most ladies were obviously overheating as they either pulled their long hair over their shouler or put it up. We couldn't wait to get out of there. With every table paying from $100 to $300, you'd think they'd put the air conditioning on. We won't return to this location. Bummer!Special Features:
- juppeats2.5starjuppeatsVIPDined on 9/20/2014Went to the Maui Roy's expecting it to be similar to quality to the many other Roy's we have visited. It's not. This Roy's was created out of the former golf course restaurant at this site and still resembles it in quality and appearance. We went for lunch and saw nothing of the menu items we love at other Roy's locations. Very few fish choices and were pretty standard fair. My guest and I had the spicy ahi poke which was good, but common to poke you can buy at nearby Safeway. Another guest had pulled pork sandwich and another the fish and chips. Nothing was memorable. Service was spotty, with the servers son doing far better than the dad. Drink orders and requests for things like salt had to be done more than once. Disappointing.
- A good ExperienceMartyRDined on 9/17/2014Roy's has fine food and a nice ambience. The food is quite good, drinks a bit too strong (it's nice they don't skimp on alcohol but when ordering a tropical cocktail you want to taste the flavors and not just the alcohol). Recommend the PuPu Canoe (the ribs and Ahi Poke are excellent). Food is very high quality.Special Features:
- Great...TMdinersDined on 9/16/2014Asian fusion dishes, great...molten chocolate cake a must haveI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerAsI415VIPDined on 9/16/2014Excellent service and great food. I know I'll always enjoy my meals when I come here. I think the restaurant decor needs some work. When I think Roy's, I think trendy. Then again, I'm used to the Roy's in San Francisco. (This won't stop me from eating here again or recommending it to friends)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Roy's!ChristleballDined on 9/16/2014We have a Roy's at home and we eat there often. It seems this location has the best food out of all and we always make sure we eat here when in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the same as other Roy'sShabuDined on 9/15/2014This particular location lacks the same ambience and special attention to detail that the other Roys have, and I've been to at least 6 other locations. I did expect the menu to vary, but the restaurant itself looked very plain and the tables were nothing special. They did have some of the typical dishes and the service was stellar, but you just felt like you were in a regular restaurant. It's also not well marked and located on a golf course so there was no feeling of being on Maui or even being remotely near the ocean. I was looking forward to dinner, and it was a disappointment.Special Features:
- Lovely anniversary dinnerHelenhawaiiDined on 9/11/2014The appetiser canoe was awesome. The Tuna poke was divine as were the ribs. Desserts awesome too. The service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best anniversary dinnerFredlesmacDined on 9/9/2014Had our 25th anniversary dinner here and decided to come back for our 30th. The new location is awesome on the golf course. It adds to the romance of the occasion. We both had the filet. Best we ever had, We have eaten at Roy's is Pebble Beach, Ca. and this was much better. Great place to have a cocktail at sunset at the bar. We will be back again for our 35th anniversary for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MauiIibbyVIPDined on 9/8/2014Roy's is always top notch when it comes to their delicious Asion Fusion cuisine, and the wait staff is terrific. Only thing is, this great restaurant just can't compete with the true west-facing restaurants for sunset. Looking out over a golf course really does nothing for us. The accoustics could stand to be improved somehow as noise travels quickly in the main dining room, making it necessary to shout to your dining companions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food. Highly recommended.RegSDined on 9/8/2014We have been to Roy's in San Francisco and two other islands. Roy's at Kaanapali is by far the best. Appetizers, main courses and dessert were excellent. Service was perfect. Although Merimans has the dining room with the best view on Maui, Roy's serves the best meals and does so at a much more reasonable price.Special Features:
- Great food, but a bit noisyLeslieDined on 9/7/2014The food was excellent, especially the dragon roll and the chocolate soufflé. The serving team was excellent. The only drawback we found was that the noise level was loud making it difficult to talk, but it died down after 9pm.Special Features:
- Another excellent Roy's mealQuincy56Dined on 9/6/2014We have been to many Roy's locations. First time to this one on Maui. We had an excellent meal this time around. Had the appetizer pupu platter and then split the three fish plate, which was plenty for the two of us. Also had a coupon for a free chocolate souffleSpecial Features:
- DisappointedJEDIFOOLDined on 9/6/2014The food and drinks were horrible. Way over priced! The room felt and looked like the back of a school play. Totally disappointed because we were referred there! Put a major downer on my anniversary!
- Lived Up To ExpectationsAteInMauiDined on 9/4/2014We had high expectations for many of the restaurants we visited in Maui and Roy's was the only one that lived up to our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gotta Go - to Roy's Maui!ritzcrackerDined on 9/3/2014The place where delicious, local, fresh, innovative cuisine comes together with warm, attentive, and personal service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food To Keep You FitPwh007Dined on 9/3/2014This is a great place to go when you want something to eat but don’t want a lot! For appetizer we had Maui onion soup. I did not like it. It was too salty. We also had a crab cake appetizer. There were two tiny cakes that tasted okay. The main course was nice. It was a small seafood dish nicely decorated on the plate with two sides that I could hardly see. High fives to the chef for serving up a wonderful dish! This is a rather expensive restaurant with average prices for wine and beer.Special Features:
- SteveSteveDined on 9/1/2014The meal could not have been better...from the appetizer to the dessert.Special Features:
- Excellent as AlwaysMauiFoodLoverDined on 8/30/2014In every way Roy's delivers each time we go. Perfect service, food is great no matter what we order. The chef even whipped up a special fruit sauce for my daughter's fish selection. It was outstanding! We love Roy's. Catch the man himself at the Hawaii Food and Wine Fest each Fall as well. It's well worth the effort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SIGDinnerVIPDined on 8/29/2014Roy's always provides a wonderful dining experience with scrumptious cuisine and impeccable service. This particular location is settled over a golf course but the view of the ocean is blocked by buildings. The service was quick and efficient with excellent suggestions on the menu. The food was well prepared and for a fine dining restaurant the portions are generous. Overall an excellent meal and well worth the stop if you are on this side of Maui.Special Features:
- Excellent!!GinajetDined on 8/29/2014Phenomenal food. Best birthday dinner ever! Cannot recommend enough. Thank you Roy's for the best time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great in past, not so great todaytonyweilerDined on 8/28/2014Food choices included too much spicy food, which is a barrier to those with "good taste." Food choices limited (surprise!). Price was high for what was received, considering the location, no where near Hawaiian waters, but far back away from water on the other side of a golf course, next to a busy road. Very noisy, with no seating not near large group tables, with "tipsy" patrons being sure all friends hear what is being sai and everyone else within 20 meters.Special Features:
- Disappearing waitress!LindaDined on 8/28/2014The appetizers were great but the entrees were bland. Then, the waitress never came back. I swear it was 20 minutes before we saw her again checking on another table. We complained to the manager and she took my husbands meal off the bill. This is a typical tourist trap. There are too many other good places in Maui to endure bad service.Special Features:
- Roy's KaanapaliOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2014When arriving on time with a reservation for a party of four our hostest escorted us past the main dining aira passing several empty tables to a remote table in the back of the restarant. I asked if we could be seated at one of the empty tables that we had passed. The hoastess explained the tabled was reserved. I reminded her that we too had made a reservation. She then proceeded to check with her manager and then relocated us. The restaraunt was a bit noisy and we had a family close by with two out of controll children! Our waitress however was delightful and the food was delicious. I can only offer a mixed review.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliableSukiDined on 8/25/2014Look forward to Roy's every time we go to Hawaii! Never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014The food was fantastic and the service very good but it is very large and noisy. Not good ambiance.
- Very goodLocalsVIPDined on 8/23/2014Short version: Food excellent - service a bit off tonight. Longer version: We have been to Roy's many times at many locations around the country. They always do a great job with local ingredients in a Pan-Pacific menu. My Ono was excellent, as well as my companion's Swordfish. Service was a bit off, ordered several items (including wine), and each took longer than it should - even though the bar was 15 feet away. The waiter went into a long speech of Roy's even though we have been at this location many times. Would we go back - yes, but don't assume we are novices to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Good ExperienceSteveDined on 8/18/2014Have dined at Roy's in Ka'anapali many times (including when it was located in Kahana) and have always had a good experience. The current location is an improvement. Food is always good as is the service. We do wish there was someway to lower the noise level a bit in the dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An oldie but still a goodieCleanyourplateDined on 8/17/2014The food was superb, as always; the service exemplary!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerRDRCERDined on 8/16/2014We always go to Roy's for special occasions when we are in Hawaii. Whether we are on Maui or Kauai we know we will enjoy our evening. They go out if the way to make your visit special.Special Features:
- Amazing dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014Everything from the cocktails, appetizers and entrees had wonderful flavor and unique twists. The fish was like butter and the desserts were incredible (go for the chocolate souffle and the banana crisp!) We enjoyed every bite! The staff was very attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mrs. Lisa HynesSwoopfirstDined on 8/8/2014We have been to Roy's many times.This Roy's is by far the best.It was our 28 anniversary,& they treated us like royalty. We were congratulated by the hostess first,brought a little gift from the the chef,and treated to a special dessert.My husband had the risotto with lobster,scallops,&fish,all of which were moist & perfectly cooked.I had the mahijiki which was moist, tender & just lovely. My son ordered the meat-loaf, which he loved & I had later as leftovers-it was amazing!Best for last:our waiter. I'm sad to say I can't remember his name, because he made it all perfect. Not once were we without water,wine, etc.His menu knowledge was spot on-he was friendly and fun.he was that last little ingredient to perfection! Also, soufflé=heaven!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnforgettableLove2eatDined on 8/7/2014This place was absolutely fabulous. The staff was awesome. From the hostess to the bartender to our server. My wife and I could not stop talking about our experience. The food was out of this world!!! The prices were perfect. We can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roy's guestIndgreatsDined on 8/5/2014Great seafood . No ambience, looks like Denny's. Loud and hated the bar in the middle of the room. Ok for the golf scene it must cater to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Started Slow, Ended StrongIndurate7VIPDined on 8/1/2014We made a reservation and had to wait an additional 20 minutes. But once we sat down the food was amazing! And the waitress took good care of us. Not saying it is a kids restaurant, but we took our child and they had a special menu and looked after his needs.Special Features:
- New Venue, Venerable Roy'sPapaGVIPDined on 8/1/2014Long time fans of Roy's, this was our first time at the new Kaanapali venue, a real improvement. The golf course/sunset view are great (no ocean) and the upscale vibrant atmosphere is classic Roy's. Our dinner was excellent: Seared ahi sashimi appetizer, seafood stew, crusted monchong all exceeded expectations. Good wine list, with reasonable and upscale options. Service was attentive though wine pouring could have been more timely. Chocolate mousse dessert was just average. Easy walk from the Kaanapali hotels and condos. Kids menu available, and they seemed to handle groups OK, but the restaurant is a bit upscale for small children. Signage is a bit lacking so if you're trying to find it, the restaurant is in the clubhouse. GSpecial Features:
- Best restaurant in MauiOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 8/1/2014We've been to all the good places in kaanapali during our 8 day vacation in maui and this place really stood out. Exceptional food and service!Special Features:
- MAUIFOODYMauifoodyVIPDined on 8/1/2014Lunch was delicious and we go there often. Dinner is a gourmands dream. Chef Joey Macadangdang and the entire staff of Roys are the best of the best. If you're a visitor, this is a must.Special Features: