321 W. Katella Avenue
Anaheim, CA 92802Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.roysrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (714) 776-7697
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm –10:30pm
Aloha Hour offered daily at 4:30pm - 6:30pm in the bar
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Asian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ron Plata
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Roy's Anaheim
Blending classic techniques with adventurous Pacific Rim flavors, culinary pioneer Roy Yamaguchi created an entirely new approach to fine dining. The first Roy's opened in Honolulu in 1988 and we've spread our warm hospitality and passion for innovative and creative cuisine around the world ever since. Indulge in one of our spectacular cocktails or choose a glass from our award-winning wine list while you discover the fresh ingredients and outstanding seafood, expertly prepared by our local chefs that made us famous.Continued
We invite you to join us at Roy's Anaheim located in Southern California's sunny Orange County, right inside the Anaheim Garden Walk.
We invite you to join us at Roy's Anaheim located in Southern California's sunny Orange County, right inside the Anaheim Garden Walk.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Roy's Anaheim - Best Restaurants in Anaheim ›
Roy's Anaheim reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (58)fit for foodies (56)romantic (37)good for groups (37)great for outdoor dining (24)neighborhood gem (18)hot spot (18)notable wine list (16)kid-friendly (13)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Aloha hour is fantasticLiteappetiteDined on 11/26/2014Our first time here but won't be our last! Food and drinks were terrific! The aloha hour has some great deals. The ambiance was perfect with dinner on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightmatsciDined on 11/14/2014My wife and I went out on a "date night" to Roy's after she had been out of town for awhile and we had very good food and excellent service. When we told the waiter we were out on a date night, he arranged for a free dessert to be brought out to us. We tipped him nicely, of course. Food was very well prepared and very tasty. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and amazing servicefoodrulesVIPDined on 11/10/2014My partner and I visited Anaheim for a birthday, and ending the trip at Roy's was perfect. The Chef's specials were unique and delicious. The service that accompanied the food was genuine and thoroughly enjoyable. We both had a great time and will definitely return.Special Features:
- Open Table FTW..NommerDined on 11/3/2014We walked into the restaurant as a group of 7 and were told the wait would be at least 45 minutes to an hour. We put a name on the list and went to the bar. While there, I opened the Open Table app, which offered me a reservation for 7 within 15 minutes. After 10 minutes, I checked in with the hostess under the brand new reservation, and we were seated almost immediately! Open Table for the win!Special Features:
- The food is great!!!KampferDined on 11/3/2014I really like the food....I recommend that you check the chief special it would have you a boat load of money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticCathyDined on 11/3/2014Food and service is great. I' very never had a bad meal. Always delicious and mouth watering.Special Features:
- Roy's is Top Notch!travellotsDined on 11/2/2014I love Roy's. I tried it in Orlando and now I always check when traveling to a big city if there is a Roy's nearby. Their menu never disappoints, great combination and infusion of flavors, love the local chef's specials and you can NEVER go wrong with the butterfsh! Beyond their menu, their service is amazing! The servers engage in conversation and get to know a little bit about you, love this personalization!Special Features:
- Roy's, A Slice of HawaiiMariaRDHVIPDined on 10/31/2014Roy's has been consistently good around the USA, and Anaheim is no exception. We have been to Oahu, Maui, Kauai, San Francisco, Philadelphia, and now Anaheim. The food is delicious, we got the tuna rolls, Caesar salad, wedge salad, butter fish, etc. and shared. The canoe appetizer is also good to share. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummylittleamy85Dined on 10/31/2014Awesome truffle mac & cheese and scallops! Great service. Very accommodating to food allergies. Have edamame as a bread substitute. Seafood is extremely fresh and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very attentativeGinarieDined on 10/25/2014I wrote in my reservation that it was our anniversary and they made sure the staff knew. The chef's special menu for the restaurant location was excellent. Would definitely go back againSpecial Features:
- Great Find!ohhiterriDined on 10/25/2014The food was outstanding and the service was excellent. I would definitely return to try more of their dining options, and they have great signature cocktails and wine!!!Special Features:
- Great dinner, as alwaysMariaBDined on 10/25/2014Another wonderful dinner at Roy's. We had two orders of the Ahi poke appetizer with tempura chips, the parmesan-encrusted barramundi entrees, and the bread pudding for dessert. Everything was terrific (though I think I prefer the chocolate molten lava cake to the bread pudding). The service was wonderful and the food was great.Special Features:
- DisappointingCalquilterDined on 10/22/2014We have been to this restaurant twice before for special occasions and really liked it. Now things have changed. Before we chose the 3 course fixed price menu. We liked that because of a choice of several appetizers, a choice of entrees and of several desserts. Now they only have one choice of a seasonally fixed 3 course menu which was filet mignon for an appetizer, ahi tuna for an entree and ap ple cake for dessert. Since I am vegan that menu wouldn't work for me at all. And my husband doesn't like ahi tuna so it didn't work for him either. Some of our vegetables were tough. We had a birthday celebration and their photo printer was out of ink so they couldn't print a birthday photo for us. We found the restaurant very noisy.
- Sedona Girl loves Roy'sSedonaGirlVIPDined on 10/21/2014We were a group of 6 and enjoyed a table where we could talk. Our server was attentive and knowledgeable. As usual, our meals were done to perfection. You can count on Roy's for great food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/20/2014Went here with a work group. We were very impressed with the menu, great fish choices.Special Features:
- SundarigirlDined on 10/8/2014We went to Roy's for my husband's birthday. It was a great experience. The servers were very attentive and made the experience very special. Food was awesome. This was our first time at Roy's and after this experience, we will be visiting Roy's frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Roy's RestaurantsjrobbozDined on 10/8/2014The food at Roy's is innovative and tasty. We have never had a bad meal at any Roy's Restaurant. I have a food allergy and told our server Jenner. He checked with the kitchen that it did not contain anything that would cause my allergy. Unfortunately the special scallops did have the offending allergen (bell pepper) but when he came back to tell me, he did provide me with an alternative scallop dish that he recommended. I decided to go with his suggestion and was very happy. Instead of the chocolate soufflé which we always split we decided to go with the pineapple upside down cake with coconut ice cream. While tasty I still prefer the chocolate soufflé! The restaurant when we arrived was noisy, but after about 8:30pm it quieted down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice eveningBarryDined on 10/8/2014We were in Anaheim a business meeting. The service at Roy's was friendly and efficient. Although the restaurant was busy, our table was ready when we arrived. The food could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always maintains a high standard!GolfKahunaVIPDined on 9/28/2014Been to many Roy's locations over the years. This store maintains a consistently high standard. The food is always good and the service is outstanding! I have no reservation in recommending this location to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointingLieselVIPDined on 9/20/2014Roy's Anaheim is "our" place. We dine there regularly for birthdays, date night and family dinners with our young son. It suits all aspects. Last weekend we celebrated my husband's birthday with a group of friend and this weekend we had an impromptu date night, so we had a romantic evening. For years we've often dined with our now 9-year old. A quesadilla with veggies and apples is always brought to the table within 5 minutes or so of sitting down, which always keeps the little ones occupied while mom and dad can look over the menu and relax. Such a simply gesture, but done so "right". They understand families want an elevated dinning experience and having kids with you doesn't have to mean you're limited to "Family" restaurants.Special Features:
- Special Place for special momentsKSantDined on 9/19/2014This place is perfect to celebrate any special occasion. Let them know ahead of time and they will make it special.Special Features:
- amazing dinner experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014Roy's really did an excellent job making our special occasion ( my son's 20th bday) a wonderful experience. Food was excellent, service couldn't have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this Roy's LocationjpdillsVIPDined on 9/7/2014Not all Roy's are the same. Anaheim is the best of the bunch. Don't miss out, it is a real treat.Special Features:
- ServiceMexipinoDined on 9/1/2014Traci in Anaheim was on top of it and even offered a free anniversary dessert after we had paid the bill! Food was good as was the service. Will come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/29/2014Tracy was the best server we have ever had. She was so on top of everything. Amazing service and food. Thanks Roy's for a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank You Roy'sluv4foodDined on 8/23/2014Thank You Roy's and our server John who made our anniversary dinner a perfect evening. Everything was exceptional. 5 Stars!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic foodmeshimeisterDined on 8/22/2014the bone-in rib-eye, and Roy's Trio are really delicious you will lick your plate clean. server was upbeat, and customer satisfaction is their priority.Special Features:
- Above and BeyondMichelleTS2Dined on 8/15/2014I chose Roy's for my daughter's 21st birthday celebration, and they were outstanding in every way. They had a special menu with her name on it and happy birthday wishes to her, the waiter fussed over her, knowing she was trying adult beverages (she is not a drinker) and offered to take back and make different drinks for her (at NO extra cost) and they just really made the evening extra special. I would highly recommend them for a special occasion, they will go above and beyond to make the experience wonderful. The food was excellent as well.Special Features:
- Always goodsehrealtorDined on 8/7/2014Roy's is pretty consistent. My fish wasn't very good in the middle, but overall good meal. Service was FAB and they accommodated more vegetables no potatoes. Mai Tai is a MUST!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience.mayoonsideDined on 8/2/2014Even though Roy's is now owned and completely run by a large restaurant company, Managing Partner Heather Avery & Chef Partner Ron Plata sure know how to run a restaurant and take care of their guests! Great food, great hospitality & Traci our server was great with our 11 year old! Awesome experience. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- I always hope for the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/2/2014Received a coupon for Roy's, so we thought we would try it one more time. It always lets me down. The service and ambiance is stellar, but the food never delivers. Darn...I want to like Roy's, but it disappoints (once again). For the price, I would go elsewhere.Special Features:
- Always WonderfulMariaBDined on 8/2/2014The food and service at Roy's is always fantastic. The poke appetizer with seaweed chips had an amazing flavor and is by far our favorite one. The parmesan crusted barramundi never disappoints and the chocolate soufflé is so decadent and wonderful. We had the best dinner there and can't wait to return.Special Features:
- The following 483 reviews are from the Roy's Anaheim reviews archive.
- fooddjhmcDined on 7/26/2014His dish was excellent so he says, mine was a little too salty for my taste, lobster pot stickers outstanding, desert excellent.Special Features:
- JensopinionDined on 7/26/2014Lovely Brussels sprouts wait staff wonderful ambiance is lovely One of the better 'Roy's'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigeaterVIPDined on 7/21/2014Food and service was outstanding, but the restaurant is a little on the expensive side. Dinner for 2 without and alcoholic drinks and only 1 soft drink was over $100.00. Also, I was upset that the restaurant would not nonor the $25.00 certificate I had even though, the dinner bill EXCLUDING the one lobster and filet entre that was ordered was still in excess of the $50.00 minimum purchase required. Also to enjoy your meal by the time you park, eat, relax, pay your bill and get back to your car takes a little over 2 hours, I do not understand why the restaurant only validates your parking for 1 hour and since the parking garage only provides the first hour free, one ends up paying for parking for the rew minutes over the 2 hours allowed.Special Features:
- Roy's is No ka oi!hwngalDined on 7/20/2014Roy’s discerning five-star service is what sets them apart from the other restaurants! Mahalo to the entire staff for making my mom's birthday so special! Our 'haole' waiter (from Texas) was so personable and we really appreciated your attentiveness and saying Hau'oli La Hanau to my mom. We enjoyed the “Melt in your Mouth” Butterfish which was simply ono! Mahalo Nui Loa for the Amazing Dining Experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An awesome special dinner outMarieDined on 7/19/2014Haven't been to Roy's in a while and found this particular time even better then the past. Our server, Jenner, was exceptional in every way. The meal was paced perfectly. The Chef's menu at the Anaheim location is delish! Try the crispy brussel sprouts with Portugese sausage, they are a flavor explosion and a textural delight! If veggies tasted more like these, eating more veggies would be easy! Got the Buramudi special, served in a cream sauce, so tasty. Also got the Roy's trio (miso black cod, macadamia crusted mahi mahi, and I subbed out the salmon for the buramundi special). That was perfect, got to try 3 completely different, but equally delicious types of fish. Thanks for a wondering dinner out!!!Special Features:
- Uncharacteristically disappointinginconnueVIPDined on 7/16/2014We had enjoyed Roy's before in Oahu, and loved the food. First time at Anaheim, and was quite disappointed. The seafood appetizers we had, lobster sushi and appetizer sampler (had short ribs, spring rolls, kim chi, etc), were good. Everything else we had missed the mark. The Brussels sprouts side was burnt, the prix fixe menu my husband had was underwhelming, the chicken entree my daughter had was forgettable, and the sushi appetizer I had for dinner was okay. The desserts, pineapple upside down cake and chocolate cake with warm fudge, were good. The house wines were not that great. For such a nice restaurant, we expected better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good high-end choice for visitorsalvieshowtime1VIPDined on 7/14/2014small for a roy's location, but the cuisine is unique and the food & drink options are excellent! pineapple upside-down cake is a must...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service, quality foodEssJayDined on 7/3/2014Roy's has quality food and very nice service. The prices are really directed at the tourists, it seems. It is overpriced for the neighborhood and for the quality. I'm up for paying premium prices for a premium dining experience, but the two don't entirely measure up here.Special Features: