Royal Ginger - Upper Arlington
1625 W Lane Ave
Upper Arlington, OH 43221Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Royal Ginger - Upper Arlington
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.royalginger.com/
- Phone: 6144887888
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Pan-Asian, Fusion / Eclectic
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from Royal Ginger - Upper Arlington
The base to majority of our Pan-Asian fusion cuisine starts with our hand-made sauces, which are prepared on-site with only the freshest produce and highest quality ingredients. Combine this with a very exclusive sushi menu, full of some of the most creative traditional and tempura-style rolls, and you have Royal Ginger Asian Fusion Bistro. Keeping the balance between authentic classic themes and innovative contemporary ideas is how the entire restaurant was designed. We take traditional techniques and flavors from all different Asian cuisines, and fuse them together with a modern twist, creating a sensational assortment of dishes that are guaranteed to stand out from the typical oriental-style restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Royal Ginger - Upper Arlington reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (2)fit for foodies (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great!foodieVIPDined on 7/6/2014Moved to UA and are slowly trying out all the local eateries. I was pleasently surpised with the upscale decor and entrees. The food was great and service was good also. Will definitely go back again.... and order the crispy duck again!Special Features:
- The following 12 reviews are from the Royal Ginger - Upper Arlington reviews archive.
- Luv the Sushi and ServiceSushiloverDined on 5/15/2014This place really has it all. The sushi is always fresh and well presented. My favorites include the sweet potato roll, the edamame, house salad and singapore noodles. The servers are always on top of it and know the menu by heart. Quick and good. It doesn't get any better than that!Special Features:
- YUMLMCBWDined on 3/21/2014We ordered 5 different specialty rolls and loved every single one of the. We've been to this restaurant perhaps a dozen times and ALWAYS have great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hooray for Sushi Rolls!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2014My husband and I have been looking for a sushi place since we moved to Columbus a few months ago that had innovative sushi rolls. Royal Ginger totally fit the bill! They have a wide menu of unique rolls and other Japanese/Korean-style fare. Our server was also outstanding. He was very attentive. I would recommend Royal GInger to anyone who enjoys sushi and is looking for something a little different.Special Features:
- I've been to this restaurantSushiloverDined on 1/12/2014I've been to this restaurant several times and always had fresh tasty sushi even though I don't eat fish! Recommend California roll, Shrimp Tempura Roll, Asian Fusion Roll. Also the hot and sour soup is the best as it the Singapore Noodle dish.Special Features:
- Great eveningTerryVIPDined on 1/10/2014Sushi was excellent- fresh and tasty. Crispy Red Snapper...wonderful. Justin was very attentiveSpecial Features:
- A sad birthday dinnerAwfullyDisappointedVIPDined on 11/2/2013My wife, daughter and I went to this location for my birthday. We thought it would be a change of pace from the Polaris location, but were mistaken. My wife said that the Thai Spring Rolls were different than the ones she had before at Polaris and she didn't like them. My daughter and I ordered the fried dumplings, which at most Chinese restaurants are typically filled with a spiced and seasoned sausage. These were filled with what I can only describe as unseasoned, and very dry, ground chicken. The rice in my sushi tasted unseasoned. Also, my spider roll had lettuce in it. I've been to a lot of sushi joints, but never had lettuce in my spider roll. My wife's General Tso's chicken was so overcooked that it was like little cannonballs.
- Nice decor, food OKOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/24/2013We had a family dinner here. The food was ok, typical American Asian but mainly Chinese dishes. The decor is cool and pretty new. The food arrived fast and service was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Asian fusion in columbusOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/13/2013Great food and sushi! The ginger salad and curry dish are delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SushiSamanthaVIPDined on 6/16/2013Royal Ginger was absolutely delicious. It was some of the best sushi I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place when weOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/23/2013I love this place when we are in the mood for sushi. Saturday night was busier than any other time we have been there. Good food and service.
- My wife and I decided to tryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/23/2013My wife and I decided to try Royal Ginger because they were a Prestige Dining Club member. And thank goodness as our experience wasn't worth the full price. We made a reservation on opentable and walked right in to our seat once we arrived, although there were quite a few empty tables the entire time we were there, the 6 o'clock hour of a Saturday night. I'm not a big sushi fan, so I was pleased with the many options besides sushi that they offered. I ended up opting for the won ton soup and the sesame salmon. The soup was OK. Our main courses came too quickly. We'd barely started on our soups. The salmon was luke warm, overcooked and drowning in sauce.
- Loved the Food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/23/2013I had a wonderful experience here.I went during restaurant week to try out their menu. One great thing about this restaurant is there are drink specials or sushi specials that run Mon - Thurs. The food was very authentic and delicious. I cant wait to go back to try other things on the menu. The only bad thing I would comment on is if you like calamari then dont get it here! Try something else that they are known for like their sushi!Special Features: