Roxy Restaurant & Bar
2381 Fair Oaks Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95825Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Roxy Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.roxyrestaurantandbar.com/
- Phone: 9164892000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-F 11:00am-4:00pm
Lunch: Sa-Su 2:00pm-4:00pm
Dinner: Su-We 4:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: Th-Sa 4:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeff DePalma
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Roxy Restaurant & Bar
Roxy Restaurant American West fare made using locally grown and organic or naturally raised ingredients. Our very own pasture raised Lucky Dog Ranch Natural Beef is the highlight of our menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Roxy Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Sacramento ›
Roxy Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (49)neighborhood gem (46)great for brunch (45)fit for foodies (32)good for groups (31)special occasion (29)kid-friendly (21)romantic (12)great for outdoor dining (12)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (4)late-night find (3)notable wine list (3)Show More
- lydiaDined on 8/15/2014Nice ambiance, good food, booths great. Reservations easy to make. Would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood restaurant!LaurieDined on 8/14/2014Good food, nice ambience and reasonable prices. Great place for date-night out or going out with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The foodguybowlingDined on 8/14/2014The food from this restaurant was really good for everyone in our party. The food portions were excellent. We will definitely be back. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing brunchFoodieLadyDined on 8/10/2014There were 3 of us for brunch . . .and a baby. The wait staff could not have been more helpful, to meet the baby's needs . . . high chair, baby spoon, creamy cheesy grits (which were yummy, by the way). Our brunch dishes (Huevos rancheros, Eggs Benedict, and a breakfast burrito) were all very well prepared, hot, and super tasty. Roxy is a very classy, comfortable place for brunch/lunch and I highly recommend it. Prices are reasonable.Special Features:
- Waitress a trifle distantboobooDined on 8/8/2014The food was good - no big shakes. $19 for meatloaf and no salad??? The waitress rather scatterbrained - forgot cream and sugar, frowned a lot, but we left a more than 20% tip because we kind of felt sorry for her. Not hers or our best night.Special Features:
- foodienoviceDined on 8/7/2014Okay for a close-by convenient neighborhood quick eat out.
- Lacking Something!jeckleinVIPDined on 8/2/2014Can't really put my finger on it...but this was just a so, so place. We had an 8pm Saturday reservation, and the place was almost empty. While seated we waited for a someone to acknowledge us...about 5 minutes. Once we got her attention the service was polite but not friendly. Then there was the large dog that was walked through the restaurant by another patron. No place for a dog! One loses their appetite. I love Lucca's so I expected that quality. Not so here. Might be better for lunch or even happy hour. But not going to drive across town for this one nor recommend it.
- FoodFoodDined on 7/31/2014The food is alway better than expcected. The location is very convenient. The atmosphere of the restaurant is clean and pleasant. I never have to wait long to be seated. The fod comes out promptly. Ordering is so easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This will be your favoriteMamaKDined on 7/20/2014This restaurant is a sister to one of my other favorites, Lucca, so that right there should be enough. Same Lucky Dog Ranch beef, same high quality food, same laid back elegance, and same outstanding service. We have been here for brunch, for holidays, for dinners, for happy hours, for long conversations with a friend, and for celebrations of big lifetime events. Our family loves this restaurant. Faves: meatloaf, burger, Mac n cheese, market omelette, piquillo peppers, ancho chile brownie dessert, and oh everything else on the menu. You will love this place as much as we do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll be back!Only1CassandraDined on 7/20/2014Loved the vibe, service, ambiance and FOOD! What a gem, tucked into the Arden area. I was with friends looking for a brunch spot prior to an early movie. This place exceeded my expectations. LOVED it! I highly recommend and WILL return with more friends/family!Special Features:
- Always GoodJoanieBDined on 7/13/2014Had brunch with a friend and visited for several hours. Good service...great coffee. ...love the smoke salmon omelet. Been here many times. Never disappointed. Service was prompt....efficient. ...helpful but never intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayrosevillefoodieDined on 7/12/2014Overall we were pleased but not greatly impressed by the food. Mushroom risotto was rather bland, tomato soup was good but not great. Some of the dishes were very good, grilled salmon, steak, roasted chicken, but others were nothing to write home about. We celebrated my son's birthday and brought in a homemade cake which they served us for dessert. They were very accommodating about that - keeping the cake in the kitchen for us, serving and slicing it, etc. Service was good, but somewhat inefficient at times. My son ordered a root beer, and it probably took about 20 minutes for them to bring it. We left feeling that it was an enjoyable meal, but we wouldn't rush back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service variesThatOneGuyDined on 7/12/2014The good: I've been to Roxy's several times and the one thing that has almost always been consistent is the quality of the food! Needs Improvement: The service seems I be bit or miss. We have had some great servers who were courteous, timely and checked in on us just the right amount. On the other hand, on more than one occasion we have had servers who simply seem to forget you and you end up waiting far too long for just about everything. With these "slow" servers I thought it was just due to a busy morning brunch at first, but then I experienced the same on a day with a light crowd. Upon looking around I noticed my server spent a lot of time near the bar or by the kitchen chatting with other servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious dinner with great serviceopentablefoodieDined on 7/4/2014We had a great dinner! We ordered the specials at the recommendation of our server. We were definitely not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst food ever.FoodieSDined on 6/29/2014Their zucchini chips were burned beyond recognition. My hamburger was tasteless and dry. My date the meatloaf and the sauce was so overpowering all you taste was woodsmoke. $70 poorly spent and not a repeater.
- diningdivaDined on 6/21/2014We had another great meal here at Roxy. The food is fresh, well prepared and tastes yummy. I had the risotto and my husband had the tri-tip. Both had good flavor and well presented. We shared an order of the calamari that included vegetables-also deep fried, a different twist but I feel it masked the lack of calamari on the plate. The dining area is comfortable and not so noisy you cannot hear what your party is saying. The bar area is a bit small but well stocked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eating here feels good!OrganicfoodieDined on 6/15/2014Knowing that your meat was raised in a humane, sustainable way without the use of hormones and antibiotics is a huge relief for me. It's nice to know that you don't have to be a vegetarian to eat responsibly. The food here is delicious, the servers are knowledgeable and attentive without being overbearing and the ambiance is lovely, almost a western-chic feel. I will be eating here again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Father's Day dinner!partyof7Dined on 6/15/2014Food was delicious...and the S'more Pie was amazing!! Our server wasn't super friendly but not rude. There were some very pesky & annoying flies in the restaurant that would not leave our party alone. If it weren't for the flies & the server, Roxy would be 5 stars for this visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodlrjsactoDined on 6/12/2014I took my husband here for his birthday and we had a very nice evening. The food is always good and the service always friendly and efficient. We like going here for both dinner and for brunch.Special Features:
- Becoming a FavoriteIrishNo1Dined on 5/29/2014Roxy's is becoming one of our favorite, go-to restaurants. We often go there for a special occasion and to bring out of town friends. They have a very good menu and the meals are consistently well presented and prepared. The wine list, although not expansive, has some very nice selections. Be sure and start off with some of their zucchini chips!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- margieDined on 5/27/2014This is the third time we've been here. I thought the first two were delicious, but this time something was lacking. Maybe it was a different chef.Special Features:
- Another great mealErgirlDined on 5/25/2014I've been to Roxy multiple times and have yet to be disappointed. Service was friendly and quick. Food was delicious. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food; Great staff !!LindaDined on 5/22/2014The food is consistently satisfactory and sometimes very good depending on the selection. The wait staff is the very best; helpful, cheerful and accommodating. Our very favorite server is Karen; she is absolutely great and even had the bartender order our special liquor request to have on hand for a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!SactogalVIPDined on 5/13/2014This is in my top 3 favorite restaurants in Sac. I love their salads! Every person working here is so friendly and helpful. We visit here at least 2x month and often bring our out of town visitors here for a fun lunch.Special Features:
- Wonderful and ElegantluvniceresturantsDined on 5/11/2014This was my family and my first time visit and we enjoyed ourselves immensely.Special Features:
- Great Mother's Day on the patioFrankinFairOaksDined on 5/11/2014While it was sunny and abut warm, the staff did an outstanding job moving umbrellas. Our servers were attentive. Food was greatSpecial Features:
- Great serviceTravelerDined on 5/11/2014Despite the chaos of Mothers' Day brunch (fully booked with reservations, but others still showed up, and people lingered at their tables, so seating got way behind), the staff handled the crowds beautifully. Everyone was professional, efficient, and friendly. The hostess (Ashley, I believe) was exceptional. She orchestrated the seating, responded to questions, directed table clearing, answered numerous phone calls, even picked a child's hat up off the floor, and kept her cool and her smile throughout. I had 45 minutes standing by the hostess station to observe her in action, and I was quite impressed. The asparagus omelet was very good, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerRichardVIPDined on 5/10/2014First time to Roxy great dinner, we sat at the bar Patrick was the best waiter/bartender. The steak was cooked to perfectly great flavor, drinks were awesome. Would recommend Roxy to anyone if you have a chance to sit at the bar when Patrick is there do it.Special Features:
- burgers are the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2014The lamb burger with goat cheese was great. We had a table for 8 and it is a very noisy restaurant so that is only drawbackSpecial Features:
- The following 38 reviews are from the Roxy Restaurant & Bar reviews archive.
- Gravity, speed of light and Roxy'sOuiniVIPDined on 4/30/2014There are few constants in life; gravity literally keeps us grounded; the speed of light is amazing; and Roxy's in all of our frequent visits does not disappoint. Creative specials (maui maui with crispy fried rice fritters and an asparagus foundation with guacamole, were great. Light and interesting and the steak was true to the ranch raised pedigree.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceDoctorAlDined on 4/30/2014Got us in and out for quick business lunch. Were VERY friendly and paid close attention to our needs. Very different experience than I get at lunch usually.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Persistent PerfectionnanaDined on 4/23/2014Favorite spot; excellent service and ambiance and great food. A winning combination that never lets you down. Will continue to keep this on our regular list of favorite places. Well run and managedSpecial Features:
- Easter dinnerBuckeye1VIPDined on 4/20/2014As we were there at 5 pm on Easter Sunday, the restaurant was almost empty. Our server was excellent as we had decided to split two entrees as they both sounded good. Our server had them plated separately and our separate halves of the steak cooked to each person's wishes. Truly amazing.Special Features:
- Easter brunchlisascircleDined on 4/20/2014A nice Easter brunch for family. The food was good, and the service was spot on.Special Features:
- Repeat Performancebb8outDined on 4/17/2014Have dined twice at Roxys in the last week. Both times the food & service were excellent. Our waiter has been the same each time, Beau, I think. He was especially patient & attentive. I have no doubt we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodLuvgoodfoodDined on 4/16/2014Enjoyed the whole evening -- Drinks great, zucchini chips terrific, & Wed 3-course Dinner Special was fabulous! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roxy rocksOuiniVIPDined on 4/12/2014Still a consistently great meal well run and managed will return often the specials are inventive and well executed so that each visit has a new twistSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enthusiastic waiters and staffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/10/2014Enthusiastic waiters and staff makes for a pleasant meal experience....I like ROXY's and shall return often...Special Features:
- Roxy for LunchJulesDined on 4/7/2014Had a good business lunch at Roxy. It was not too loud so that I could talk to my customer. Food was good and service was good as well. I would good back and recommend this restaruant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roxy RocksOuiniVIPDined on 4/2/2014Nightly specials are actually "special." Excellent front door management with genuinely friendly host/manager and attentive wait staff. Earns repeat visits. Never rushed and comfortable atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.