Roxy - Eldorado Hotel Casino
345 N. Virginia St
Reno, NV 89501Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
Roxy - Eldorado Hotel Casino
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eldoradoreno.com/reno-restaurants/roxy/
- Phone: 8008798879
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Troy Cannan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Bistro Roxy is known for it's beautiful ambiance which varies from room to room. Along with everyday reservations we are also available to take your large parties,so celebrate your special occasions and holiday parties here with us! Our Wine Cellar is our most requested dining area. It's low hanging lights & brick walls offer an intimate setting for parties of 16 to 35. The Wine Warehouse adjacent to the Wine Cellar is a little brighter & can hold parties of up to 50 guests. Combined, the 2 areas can hold 90 guests. The Tower is a round brick walled room with a "castle" feel. The large round table in the center can seat up to 12 guests. The entire room can accommodate 30. The Patisserie baking area is designed to allow you to look into the kitchen so you can see where the magic happens. This dining area can hold a party of up to 32 guests. Special banquet menus are available and individualized menus can be arranged for your own unique dining experience.
- Private Party Contact: Jeff Vachon 7757865700
- Entertainment: Visit the Eldorado Hotel Casino, where award winning entertainment & nightlife options are available around every corner! Stop by The Brew Brothers, our in-house microbrewery for tasty food, live music and fun! Our Broadway style showroom is consistently voted the "Best Venue" in Northern Nevada, featuring hits like "Hairspray”, popular cirque-style shows and more. Enjoy fresh, award winning drinks at Roxy's Bar & Lounge, Cin-Cin & Bar Centro,& don't forget to check out the hottest nightspot, BuBinga Lounge, where DJs spin the latest hits. Exclusive Party Planning Services are available for all venues.
A word from Roxy - Eldorado Hotel Casino
Roxy's Bar & Lounge is famous for its 102 martinis and selection of 350 wines and has won the prestigious DiRoNA Award and the Wine Spectator's "Award of Excellence." Our Reno bar has also been voted "Best Martini" and "Best Lounge Act" numerous times by the Best of Reno Poll. Enjoy live piano and vocals nightly in Roxy's Bar & Lounge. Reno's best happy hour from 4:30 - 6:30pm with $5 Martinis! Overlooking the Eldorado's magnificent Fountain of Fortune, Roxy's restaurant in Reno, NV offers steaks, chops, seafood and scrumptious soufflés, breads, cakes and sorbets created in an exhibition bakery. Chef Jakon Tolhurst specializes in Vegiatarian and Vegan cuisine and can create custom dishes for guests with dietary preferences upon request. Special limited menu available for large parties. Menu provided by restaurant manager upon confirmation of a reservation. Menu items and prices are subject to change without notice.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Roxy - Eldorado Hotel Casino - Best Restaurants in Reno ›
Roxy - Eldorado Hotel Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
romantic (45)special occasion (45)notable wine list (29)fit for foodies (27)vibrant bar scene (15)good for groups (13)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Excellent Experience!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014Food was spectacular!! Service was great!! We went there on our 11th anniversary and had apps and dinner. all was some of the best food my wife and I have ever had!! We will definitely go back! Recommend anyone to go there for a wonderful dining experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinner at the RoxyPeterKDined on 10/4/2014As usual the food was outstanding at the Roxy. The bone-in filet was wonderful. And the service was also great as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LBKELLEYDined on 10/3/2014WE HAVE EATEN THERE ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS AND THE FOOD AND SERVICE IS ALWAYS TOP NOTCH. THE SHORTRIBS ARE TO DIE FOR, THE BEST WE HAVE EVER HAD ANYWHERE AND I EVEN MAKE THEM AT HOME SEVERAL TIMES A YEAR. THE PRESENTATION OF THE FOODS ARE VERY NICELY DONE.Special Features:
- Good food and servicejustaguyDined on 9/26/2014We were a group of four. I thought my wife's scallops were a bit over cooked and I've had better French Onion soup. However, everything else we had was very good. It was too loud for me. The piano was loud, which caused guests to speak louder to their table mates. We walked by later, after attending a concert, and they had a DJ in place of the piano. Even though the food was good, I don't think we'll be back.Special Features:
- First time at the restaurant!VinneyDined on 9/24/2014This was our 26 anniversary and we celebrated with another couple. I was a great dining experience and would definately go back again the next time in the area. We are in town for a bike ralley and will be heading back on Sunday. I would definately recommend Roxy to friends and anyone visiting Reno. The Casino is great fun and the restaurant is an experience in fine dining. Great food and service. Entertainment in the bar area is also a plus to be considered. Great entertainment before and after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud and slowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Ricky's was loud and slow. The food was ok. The scallops were not worth the $34 price.Special Features:
- It's just okayJonesDined on 9/20/2014Restaurant was very loud in the outdoor dining near the Roxy's Bar with live music. They accommodated us quickly to move but if it was a busy night and you had no other option it would be very unbearable. Service was okay not the best and not the worst. The food was good though. We had eaten at Roxy's years ago and decided to try it again with a show we had scheduled within the hotel. I would rate this as just okay. The noise level gauge doesn't allow me to enter awful.Special Features:
- Second time and still excellentEngraverguyDined on 9/20/2014This was the second time we have eaten hear and I would recommend it. Food is excellent and staff is attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ultimate dining!Lala510Dined on 9/19/2014Roxy's has a piano bar with great martinis. The dining room is beautiful and quiet. We had the filet special with bone in and it was to die for, very tender and suburb flavor. Highly recommend for a special dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good quality food, enjoyableJustkayDined on 9/13/2014Every year we return, never have been disappointed ...Special Features:
- Food was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Everything was delicious. The Prime Rib was quite possibly the best I've ever had! That's saying something.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/13/2014Our dinner at Roxy was delicious, in great part because of our waiter, Julio. His suggestions for the lobster appetizer and flourless chocolate cake for dessert were perfect, as was the entire meal in between. The filet mignon couldn't have been a nicer steak. We'll be back soon!Special Features:
- Great ambiance,average food/servicedinnerdivaDined on 9/13/2014We chose Roxy to celebrate our 5-Year Anniversary. We had a reservation for 5PM (same time the restaurant opened). When we arrived the hostess said "hang on" before we could even give her our name. After we gave her our name she said it "it will be a minute". We found it odd that there was no one in the restaurant yet we didn't get seated until 5:15PM (15 minutes after our reservation time). The hostess definitely needed some lessons in greeting people! Other than that our server was very good and the ambiance was great for a special occasion. Martinis were great but the food was only fair (Filet Mignon was very over cooked and the pork chop was dry).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roxy'sWinendineDined on 9/11/2014Dinner was great. The desserts so tasty. The service couldn't have been better! It was a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SunshineDined on 9/10/2014Preparation, presentation perfect. Generous portions and great to see "old favorites" like beef wellington and soufflés on the menu. Our waiter was extremely helpful and charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just like Hell's KitchenSierraMountainDinersDined on 9/6/2014Anniversary dinner. Chef Robert from Hell's Kitchen several months ago and he had convinced my wife and to go to Roxy's and try the Wellington. My only reason for choosing this restaurant was so my wife could finally try a Wellington. After being seated, we were not served even so much as water for 20 minutes. Our waiter finally introduced himself almost 30 minutes after arriving, he told us that they were out of Wellingtons and he would give us time to pick something else. Drinks took almost 25 minutes. Our waiter seemed only interested in "high roller" tables. We did not get served our dinner until we had been seated for over an hour. Overall we were in the resteraunt over 2 hours with the slow service. Very dissapointed....Special Features:
- Great FoodLynnGDined on 8/29/2014Friendly, great food, great company. The food was great and service was outstanding. Very nice personable wait staff. They have a wine tasting selection to pick from which is fun to do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- impressional memoriesimpressionsDined on 8/22/2014The menu at The Roxy is quite stellar. The wait staff are friendly and insightful of the chefs pick of the evening. The ambiance of The Roxy is that of a nice bistro in New Orleans or the romantic location of Paris, France or Venice, Italy. The Roxy is an experience that one will never forget on a first date, anniversary, or that special occasion that will always be remembered for the food, staff, and quaintness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentkjagroDined on 8/22/2014We had a wonderful experience. Our host Jeff and waiter Dane were exceptional. Once again, thank you for a lovely dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingMvnvDined on 8/22/2014The food is delicious and the service is fantastic. We requested a booth and had a wonderful one.Special Features:
- renoravesDined on 8/16/2014The mushroom ravioli was superb. The escargot was mediocre as were my short ribs; however, my husband's ahi appetizer and pork chop were excellent. Our server was very attentive. We ate in the wine cellar which was very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worthit2Dined on 8/12/2014This place was fabulous. Food was great. Service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014This is a great place for a special occasion date.Special Features:
- Great food and ambienceHeinrickDined on 8/2/2014The food was great. This is good place to have a romantic dinner. Make sure you go to Roxy's martini bar for happy hour. They have just about every Martini you can think of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Eveningmrsant3Dined on 8/2/2014This was my huaband's 40th birthday and the first date we had been on since our daughter was born. It was a beautiful evening and the service was impeccable. Thank you for making this such a wonderful night out for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as AlwaysCulinaryCaitlynDined on 8/2/2014I have been to Roxie's several times and it never disappoints. I tried something new this time - the lobster escargot was excellent!!! I will continue to go back & back & back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wrought highly recommendMortyDined on 8/1/2014Outstanding food. Service was spot on. Surprising given hit august nights crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT WITH FRIENDSOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/31/2014Very enjoyable night. The service was good as was the food.Special Features:
- welovetoeat1945Dined on 7/24/2014We've been to this restaurant several times, and never disappointed, however their prices have gone up. The early bird special was around 24.95 and it now is 29.95. For an early bird special too much. A small filet, mashed potatoes and a few green beans. It does come with a house salad, but not half as good as it used to be. It also comes with dessert, but we never get it. Anyway I think we'll try other restaurants in the Eldorado next time. Love the Roxy bar though. Good music and great martini's!Special Features:
- Fine dining in RenogmblnmnVIPDined on 7/20/2014I have dined at Roxy many times over the years and have always enjoyed the meal. The staff is friendly and classy and they work hard to make sure you enjoy your dinner. The current menu leans towards meat with steaks and prime rib featured. I prefer fish or chicken and there are a few tasty choices for me, but I wish there a couple more. The martinis are excellent and the dessert souffles are always tasty. The current dessert menu has many good choices and I can recommend the lemon tart and chocolate pots de creme.Special Features:
- Poor serviceDisappointedDined on 7/18/2014Waited a long time for waiter! Water & bread staff good! Waited almost 40 minutes for food! Waiter did not keep us informed & finally had to ask when we would be served! Waiter "forgot" to order our soufflé so we just paid bill and left! Service has significantly gotten worse! Food greatSpecial Features:
- Simply the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/11/2014Roxy is hands down THE BEST in Reno. And honestly, we have tried them all. The food is delicious and never disappoints. Ultimately, there comes a time in every restaurant's performance (for us anyway) where we get the"fatal meal." We find a restaurant we love. We are faithful... and then we get "the fatal meal". And the love affair is over. We have patronized Roxy over the years and have YET to experience the "fatal meal." Hopefully I haven't just "jinxed it." hahah Thank you Roxy staff and chefs! The bacon bread is RIDICULOUS. You haven't lived till you tried it.Special Features:
- Not a great valueKatherineDined on 6/28/2014I don't mind spending if the product is worth it. I don't think it was at Roxy. Steak was fatty. We were seated in a high traffic area and although the atmosphere could have been romantic it was very noisy.Special Features:
- great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014We had a great couple's night out. Wonderful food and cocktail, great service, and fair priced. We will definitely be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!LDeckinGVDined on 6/23/2014Highly recommend! We had a wonderful dinner. Hubby had the prime rib. He said it was the best he's had in years. I had the filet mignon. Really good! We shared a Caesar salad and prawns to start. Plenty and delicious. The bar has a great Happy Hour. $5 martinis. There are specials on the menu if you are there before 6.Special Features:
- The following 259 reviews are from the Roxy - Eldorado Hotel Casino reviews archive.
- Great from start to finishschnorrerDined on 6/21/2014I have been going to Roxy for years. They are now "firing on all cylinders" and it is a top-notch experience.. I started with an excellent large martini at the bar. Gil was at the piano- great selection of popular music, well played. Then, into the restaurant. Lovely ambiance and my waiter was friendly, cheerful and professional. Started with excellent fois gras and french onion soup. My entree was their knockout Beef Wellington. Delicious beef, expertly prepared with pastry dough. The Roxy lounge and restaurant is a must-do for me whenever I am in Reno.Special Features:
- NoneDined on 6/20/2014Nice restaurant with great bar. Happy Hour Martini was wide selection and reasonable. Service was great and food was also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rocketmanDined on 6/20/2014Since shortly after it opened in 1996, I have been enjoying this restaurant for dinner whenever travel takes to me Reno. The food, the choices, atmosphere, and service are second to none. The filet mignon quality is superb. If there's room, don't forget dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely RestaurantLovefood2Dined on 6/17/2014Fantastic ambiance - lovely environment; great for visitors and great for locals! Even as a local I felt like I was on vacation. Romantic, subdued environment and an absolutely stunning menu! Thanks!Special Features:
- RoxyPoppaAlDined on 6/14/2014The food was fantastic - especially the lobster escargot. Nice wine list. Great Experience.Special Features: