Roxy - Eldorado Hotel Casino
345 N. Virginia St
Reno, NV 89501Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
Roxy - Eldorado Hotel Casino
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eldoradoreno.com/reno-restaurants/roxy/
- Phone: 8008798879
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Troy Cannan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Bistro Roxy is known for it's beautiful ambiance which varies from room to room. Along with everyday reservations we are also available to take your large parties,so celebrate your special occasions and holiday parties here with us! Our Wine Cellar is our most requested dining area. It's low hanging lights & brick walls offer an intimate setting for parties of 16 to 35. The Wine Warehouse adjacent to the Wine Cellar is a little brighter & can hold parties of up to 50 guests. Combined, the 2 areas can hold 90 guests. The Tower is a round brick walled room with a "castle" feel. The large round table in the center can seat up to 12 guests. The entire room can accommodate 30. The Patisserie baking area is designed to allow you to look into the kitchen so you can see where the magic happens. This dining area can hold a party of up to 32 guests. Special banquet menus are available and individualized menus can be arranged for your own unique dining experience.
- Private Party Contact: Jeff Vachon 7757865700
- Entertainment: Visit the Eldorado Hotel Casino, where award winning entertainment & nightlife options are available around every corner! Stop by The Brew Brothers, our in-house microbrewery for tasty food, live music and fun! Our Broadway style showroom is consistently voted the "Best Venue" in Northern Nevada, featuring hits like "Hairspray”, popular cirque-style shows and more. Enjoy fresh, award winning drinks at Roxy's Bar & Lounge, Cin-Cin & Bar Centro,& don't forget to check out the hottest nightspot, BuBinga Lounge, where DJs spin the latest hits. Exclusive Party Planning Services are available for all venues.
A word from Roxy - Eldorado Hotel Casino
Roxy's Bar & Lounge is famous for its 102 martinis and selection of 350 wines and has won the prestigious DiRoNA Award and the Wine Spectator's "Award of Excellence." Our Reno bar has also been voted "Best Martini" and "Best Lounge Act" numerous times by the Best of Reno Poll. Enjoy live piano and vocals nightly in Roxy's Bar & Lounge. Reno's best happy hour from 4:30 - 6:30pm with $5 Martinis! Overlooking the Eldorado's magnificent Fountain of Fortune, Roxy's restaurant in Reno, NV offers steaks, chops, seafood and scrumptious soufflés, breads, cakes and sorbets created in an exhibition bakery. Chef Jakon Tolhurst specializes in Vegiatarian and Vegan cuisine and can create custom dishes for guests with dietary preferences upon request. Special limited menu available for large parties. Menu provided by restaurant manager upon confirmation of a reservation. Menu items and prices are subject to change without notice.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Roxy - Eldorado Hotel Casino - Best Restaurants in Reno ›
Roxy - Eldorado Hotel Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (46)romantic (45)notable wine list (29)fit for foodies (26)vibrant bar scene (11)good for groups (9)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)neighborhood gem (4)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great FoodLynnGDined on 8/29/2014Friendly, great food, great company. The food was great and service was outstanding. Very nice personable wait staff. They have a wine tasting selection to pick from which is fun to do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- impressional memoriesimpressionsDined on 8/22/2014The menu at The Roxy is quite stellar. The wait staff are friendly and insightful of the chefs pick of the evening. The ambiance of The Roxy is that of a nice bistro in New Orleans or the romantic location of Paris, France or Venice, Italy. The Roxy is an experience that one will never forget on a first date, anniversary, or that special occasion that will always be remembered for the food, staff, and quaintness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentkjagroDined on 8/22/2014We had a wonderful experience. Our host Jeff and waiter Dane were exceptional. Once again, thank you for a lovely dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingMvnvDined on 8/22/2014The food is delicious and the service is fantastic. We requested a booth and had a wonderful one.Special Features:
- renoravesDined on 8/16/2014The mushroom ravioli was superb. The escargot was mediocre as were my short ribs; however, my husband's ahi appetizer and pork chop were excellent. Our server was very attentive. We ate in the wine cellar which was very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worthit2Dined on 8/12/2014This place was fabulous. Food was great. Service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014This is a great place for a special occasion date.Special Features:
- Great food and ambienceHeinrickDined on 8/2/2014The food was great. This is good place to have a romantic dinner. Make sure you go to Roxy's martini bar for happy hour. They have just about every Martini you can think of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Eveningmrsant3Dined on 8/2/2014This was my huaband's 40th birthday and the first date we had been on since our daughter was born. It was a beautiful evening and the service was impeccable. Thank you for making this such a wonderful night out for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as AlwaysCulinaryCaitlynDined on 8/2/2014I have been to Roxie's several times and it never disappoints. I tried something new this time - the lobster escargot was excellent!!! I will continue to go back & back & back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wrought highly recommendMortyDined on 8/1/2014Outstanding food. Service was spot on. Surprising given hit august nights crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT WITH FRIENDSOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/31/2014Very enjoyable night. The service was good as was the food.Special Features:
- welovetoeat1945Dined on 7/24/2014We've been to this restaurant several times, and never disappointed, however their prices have gone up. The early bird special was around 24.95 and it now is 29.95. For an early bird special too much. A small filet, mashed potatoes and a few green beans. It does come with a house salad, but not half as good as it used to be. It also comes with dessert, but we never get it. Anyway I think we'll try other restaurants in the Eldorado next time. Love the Roxy bar though. Good music and great martini's!Special Features:
- Fine dining in RenogmblnmnVIPDined on 7/20/2014I have dined at Roxy many times over the years and have always enjoyed the meal. The staff is friendly and classy and they work hard to make sure you enjoy your dinner. The current menu leans towards meat with steaks and prime rib featured. I prefer fish or chicken and there are a few tasty choices for me, but I wish there a couple more. The martinis are excellent and the dessert souffles are always tasty. The current dessert menu has many good choices and I can recommend the lemon tart and chocolate pots de creme.Special Features:
- Poor serviceDisappointedDined on 7/18/2014Waited a long time for waiter! Water & bread staff good! Waited almost 40 minutes for food! Waiter did not keep us informed & finally had to ask when we would be served! Waiter "forgot" to order our soufflé so we just paid bill and left! Service has significantly gotten worse! Food greatSpecial Features:
- Simply the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/11/2014Roxy is hands down THE BEST in Reno. And honestly, we have tried them all. The food is delicious and never disappoints. Ultimately, there comes a time in every restaurant's performance (for us anyway) where we get the"fatal meal." We find a restaurant we love. We are faithful... and then we get "the fatal meal". And the love affair is over. We have patronized Roxy over the years and have YET to experience the "fatal meal." Hopefully I haven't just "jinxed it." hahah Thank you Roxy staff and chefs! The bacon bread is RIDICULOUS. You haven't lived till you tried it.Special Features:
- Not a great valueKatherineDined on 6/28/2014I don't mind spending if the product is worth it. I don't think it was at Roxy. Steak was fatty. We were seated in a high traffic area and although the atmosphere could have been romantic it was very noisy.Special Features:
- great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014We had a great couple's night out. Wonderful food and cocktail, great service, and fair priced. We will definitely be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!LDeckinGVDined on 6/23/2014Highly recommend! We had a wonderful dinner. Hubby had the prime rib. He said it was the best he's had in years. I had the filet mignon. Really good! We shared a Caesar salad and prawns to start. Plenty and delicious. The bar has a great Happy Hour. $5 martinis. There are specials on the menu if you are there before 6.Special Features:
- Great from start to finishschnorrerDined on 6/21/2014I have been going to Roxy for years. They are now "firing on all cylinders" and it is a top-notch experience.. I started with an excellent large martini at the bar. Gil was at the piano- great selection of popular music, well played. Then, into the restaurant. Lovely ambiance and my waiter was friendly, cheerful and professional. Started with excellent fois gras and french onion soup. My entree was their knockout Beef Wellington. Delicious beef, expertly prepared with pastry dough. The Roxy lounge and restaurant is a must-do for me whenever I am in Reno.Special Features:
- NoneDined on 6/20/2014Nice restaurant with great bar. Happy Hour Martini was wide selection and reasonable. Service was great and food was also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rocketmanDined on 6/20/2014Since shortly after it opened in 1996, I have been enjoying this restaurant for dinner whenever travel takes to me Reno. The food, the choices, atmosphere, and service are second to none. The filet mignon quality is superb. If there's room, don't forget dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely RestaurantLovefood2Dined on 6/17/2014Fantastic ambiance - lovely environment; great for visitors and great for locals! Even as a local I felt like I was on vacation. Romantic, subdued environment and an absolutely stunning menu! Thanks!Special Features:
- RoxyPoppaAlDined on 6/14/2014The food was fantastic - especially the lobster escargot. Nice wine list. Great Experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Our waiter Stephen took very good care of us. The food was exceptional. I ordered Lobster Escargot and the Braised Short Rib. The lobster escargot was a beautiful nugget of lobster meat sitting in garlic and butter; just as traditional Escargot is served. It came bubbling hot presented in a cast iron escargot pan. Sooo delicious. The Braised Short Rid was HUGE. It just melted in my mouth. No knife necessary for this piece of beef. The onion ravioli was obviously homemade and the demiglas gravy was plentiful and wonderfully rich. I didn't save any room for the dessert but they all sounded extremely decadent.Special Features:
- Always wonderfulrosequeenDined on 6/10/2014We have dined here many times and it always and I mean always, 100% in quality of food, service and atmosphere. The wait staff is always very cordial and happy to assist you with whatever your requests may be.Special Features:
- OutstandingKenHDined on 5/14/2014Quiet and romantic tables, attentive service, great cocktails and an impressive wine list, delicious and expertly prepared food.Special Features:
- Great food and service1SaltandPepperDined on 5/12/2014We came into Reno with a group and made last minute reservations for 10. Our group got larger after we got seated and they accommodated no problem. Food and service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/12/2014Food was good. Wish they had more of a vegetarian options. Only had one salad. Desert was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for an anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014The menu has a very good variety and the preparation is great. Our server Julio was very friendly and diligent as was the rest of the staff we encountered. To top it off, the chocolate souffle was the perfect end to my girlfriend's and my 18 month anniversary dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at the RoxyExpectedbetterDined on 5/9/2014I ordered the Paella but the Saffron Rice was was a dull grey and did not have any saffron flavor or bright yellow color that would come from the use of saffron. It was swimming in oil so much I could not determine if the meat was chicken or pork. The seafood was well done but the dish was a disappointment and something I would never recommend. My wife ordered the cedar plank salmon. It was cooked beautifully but it was not served on a plank and it did not have any of the cedar aroma or taste that would indicate it really had been cooked on a cedar plank. We have eaten there before but this time it was a dud.
- The following 247 reviews are from the Roxy - Eldorado Hotel Casino reviews archive.
- One of Reno's bestHowieHDined on 4/26/2014Roxy, although a little pricey, is one of our favorite restaurants. The food is always top notch, and service is superb. Small changes to an entree's contents, or special preparations are willingly accommodated, and the pace of the meal is good, no courses running into one another. Ordering one of their famous soufflés is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining with FamilyTheCampstressDined on 4/12/2014We are from the San Francisco Bay Area and had the opportunity to attend the "I Love Lucy" show at the Pioneer Theatre with my husband's parents. Glad I checked out the reviews for the surrounding restaurants because this one had both great food and great service. So glad we chose to come here. Everything was spot on. Will definitely make this a "return engagement."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!DeniseDined on 4/11/2014The food and service are really terrific! Every time we have eaten here , it is delicious! The bacon and cheddar rolls are to die for! You must go before 7:30ish to get them though! Highly recommended...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Customer ServicesteveDined on 4/2/2014Albert gave great customer service, he is personable and makes the dining experience enjoyable along with Salvatore as his assistant. Albert gave suggestions from the wine list, martinis, and dinner.Special Features:
- No more whoopie pies!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014Love eating at Roxy, was very sad to see you took the whoopie pies off the dessert menu. One of the reasons we enjoyed eating there was those tasty treats!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time but not the lastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014This was our first experience at Roxy. The ambience was nice, service superb and the food was awesome! I like the proximity to indoor parking so access to the restaurant is very convenient. This was the first time I used Open Table and it was easy to use and convenient!!Special Features:
- Fine dining in RenoschnorrerDined on 3/22/2014The Roxy has always been a lovely looking restaurant, but for many years, the food was inconsistent. Now, with their "celebrity' chef Hesse in charge, they are firing on all cylinders. The Beef Wellington is superb. Great appetizers. Friendly, competent service, and my 4 and a half year old daughter was welcomed. The attached Roxy bar has a terrific martini menu- beautiful ambience, and we love the live piano music (and great happy hour prices). My recommendation is to come early enough to enjoy a martini or other cocktail in the comfortable Roxy lounge while listening to live music, then come down to the restaurant for your reservation. You will have a wonderful fine dining experience. Don't miss this restaurant when in Reno.Special Features:
- Food was delicious, serviceRenoFoodieDined on 3/14/2014Food was delicious, service was a bit slow as it was a busy night. Everyone arrived after us but was served before us. Servings were very generous. Bang Bang Shrimp was fabulous as were the short ribs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and ShowbarbikVIPDined on 3/6/2014A show at the El Dorado is always a good bet. The theatre is small and lovely. No bad seats in the house. A meal at Roxy before the show is always, always delightful. Entree selections are off the regular menu (indicated by a star); It was our in-law's 49th wedding anniversary and we all selected the filet mignon. Outstanding! all 4 of us ordered our steak to a different degree of doneness and we were all completely satisfied that our requests had been met to perfection!Special Features: