Rowland's Restaurant at Westglow Resort and Spa
224 Westglow Circle
Blowing Rock, NC 28605Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $31 to $50
Rowland's Restaurant at Westglow Resort and Spa
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.westglowresortandspa.com/15/rowlands-restaurant/
- Phone: (828) 295-5141
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm - 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental
- Executive Chef: Nate Curtis
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Enjoy lovely piano music played on our Steinway M baby grand piano. Offered Saturday nights from 6:00 until 9:00.
- Special Events: Holidays, Birthdays, Anniversaries, Engagements, and Business Functions.
A word from Rowland's Restaurant at Westglow Resort and Spa
Come and join us for dinner at Rowland's Restaurant at Westglow Resort and Spa a Relais & Chateaux property. Experience world-class culinary fare in our historic mansion, where the elegance of fine-dining can be rediscovered amid gracious hospitality and the comfort of home. Mountain views and romantic fireside dining create a magical setting where you can enjoy the flavors of new American cuisine prepared with a flare of Southern sensibility. Rowland’s features an indulgent menu with an array of eclectic dishes including fresh seafood, prime steaks and savory game meats. There is also a delicious gourmet spa menu for the health conscious. On the wine list, you will find bottles from all over the world, including rare wines and some little-known gems from North Carolina vineyards. Find out why Katherine Stefan of Charlotte Taste Magazine writes “no trip to Blowing Rock is complete for foodies” without a meal at Rowland’s.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Rowland's Restaurant at Westglow Resort and Spa - Best Restaurants in Blowing Rock ›
Rowland's Restaurant at Westglow Resort and Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (45)romantic (40)scenic view (38)fit for foodies (35)notable wine list (15)neighborhood gem (12)great for outdoor dining (7)good for groups (4)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Outstanding all-aroundBertDined on 11/8/2014Rowland's is the best spot in the High Country for a special occasion hands down! Service and atmosphere were excellent and the food was delicious. Looking forward to going back again.Special Features:
- Amazing foodMccallsDined on 10/31/2014Was very pleased with the food and portion sizes were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- creative food with a viewdparker271VIPDined on 10/29/2014Everything from the cocktails to the tea was first rate and beautifully presented. It's pricey but this is a special meal you don't get everywhere. Seasonal ingredients let you know the menu changes to favor what is fresh. Take anything with squash in the fall! We had fish and duck , both cooked perfectly. The cheese plate at the end was lovely. I was told this is the best restaurant in BR and I believe it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30TH ANNIVERSARY COULDN'T BE BETTERLyndaWithaYDined on 10/27/2014We had reservations for 630 pm on a Tuesday night. So, we read a review where we should get there early to watch the Sunset from the grand porch. We arrived at 6 to find the staff helpful and happy to let us sit there sipping tea overlooking Grandfather Mountain and the sun fading away behind. They took our picture and were very kind. The sunset was at 636 so we got in the best of the Sunset and sat down at our table at 640. A rose petal heart awaited us on our table. Our waiter was charming and helpful with the descriptions of the selections. We settled on the vegetarian dish of Stuffed Mushrooms and Goat Cheese. Every bite Delicious! The cheesecake was a great ending to a wonderful meal. Total spent: $97 with tips. Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb in Every Sense of the Word!RarelyReviewVIPDined on 10/25/2014We arrived early and the staff couldn't do enough for us....apologized that we couldn't enjoy the parlor (a private wedding party there), but showed us the bar, found us comfortable seats in the foyer,and shared as much info about the resort/spa/facility/history that we wanted to here. When our table was ready it was in the small sunroom - gorgeous even at nighttime. Our waiter was knowledgeable, professional and perfect - even more so the chef who came by our table at the end of our meal. A special dining experience, we'll long remember, and look forward to repeating. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Best 35th anniversary we ever hadWeDineAlotVIPDined on 10/20/2014We went to Rowland's for our 35th anniversary and were greeted with a rose pedal heart at our table. My wife had the Sea Bass and I chose the tenderloin and they matched both with a great red bottle of wine. Thanks all, it was great.Special Features:
- good not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014Not great for the money compared to many other restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- Another Amazing EveningMarker15Dined on 10/18/2014We recently purchased a second home and to our delight Rowland's is the closest restaurant. But even if we had to travel further, we would not think twice about it. Our first experience with Rowland's was for our 25th wedding anniversary a year and a half ago. The innkeeper at our resort called ahead to let Rowland's know that it was a special occasion and the staff went out of their way to make the evening memorable. Since then my husband has done a number of business events and we've brought guests several times. The food, atmosphere and service are all top notch and we are always looking for an excuse to come back.Special Features:
- wonderful evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014my husband, our oldest son (19), and I had a terrific evening at Rowland's. Lovely room with a fireplace, terrific food, unobtrusive waitstaff.Special Features:
- An outstanding dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/16/2014We had a wonderful dinner experience at Rowland's. The service was outstanding, and our server was clearly a professional who really knew how to provide service in a sophisticated, upscale restaurant. The food was innovative, and perfectly prepared. The restaurant had wonderful views of the mountains, and the decor in this converted mountain mansion was very attractive.Special Features:
- Blowing Rock Favorite.bwncVIPDined on 10/4/2014We have been going here for over five years, and while it has always been a good choice, over the past 1-2 years they are in a class all by themselves in Blowing Rock. I am not sure if the chef changed, but we now look forward to Rowland's more than any other local restaurant.Special Features:
- Will definitely return.ThePragmaticDinerDined on 10/4/2014There were 4 of us for dinner and everyone was very pleased with their meal. One person ordered their steak well-well done and didn't get the usual food snob reaction, but instead got a perfectly prepared well-well done steak, which is very difficult to do. Kudos to the kitchen on that one. Service was very good. Friendly, professional and proficient.Special Features:
- Great Appalachian DiningaworldtravelerDined on 9/25/2014This was our best experience yet at this boutique Relais. We highly recommend this venue to anyone in the North Carolina Appalachian region.Special Features:
- Great spot!! We would go again!!CllovesfoodDined on 9/14/2014The menu was impressive. Service was outstanding !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointmentnotforusDined on 9/12/2014We all were exceptionally disappointed with the portion size of the meals and the wine pour, we also were amazed by the lack of side dishes.....Special Features:
- top flight experiencejocko53Dined on 9/12/2014This was a celebration event for the two of us and Rowlands is such a great place to celebrate. The grounds and the house are just wonderful with a nice view was well. The food is very imaginative and thoughtful in a really nice way so that the result is gourmet without pretension. The service was hit the mark for attentive but not intrusive. Thank you for such a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Rowland's is a WOW!tybeefoodieDined on 9/9/2014Words are inadequate to describe our dinner experience at Rowland's. Blowing Rock is a small town that has a number of very good restaurants and Rowland's is far and away the best of the best. I don't know where to begin.......from the beauty of the setting and restaurant to the knowledge and professionalism of the staff and the exquisite flavors created by the remarkable cooking team, everything was perfection. Chef Nate is a genius and we are still dreaming about his food and wishing we could eat at Rowland's on a regular basis. I would describe his food as nouvelle cuisine meets molecular gastronomy in perfect harmony. Each dish is as beautiful as it is memorable. We can't wait to return. Thanks to all for a great evening.Special Features:
- Asd123VIPDined on 8/31/2014Lobster bisque, seabass and lamb chops were amazing. Perfectly cooked with some creative flavors. Especially enjoyed the smoked tomato panna cotta. Service was nice and friendly and the wait staff suggested we have our dessert on the porch which was beautiful. The staff is not trained for fine dining service and not extremely knowledgable of the menu but it's the mountains and they were attentive so easy to look past this. The food is definitely worth the trip! Recommend watching the sunset from the porch if the weather permits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining in the Blowing RockLaVidaLocaDined on 8/25/2014Spent a wonderful evening at Rowland's Restaurant for our 24th wedding anniversary. First time there, but will no doubt be a staple for our visits to Blowing Rock. The Restaurant is part of the Westglow Resort/Spa and clearly caters to an upscale clientele. We were seated in a lovely room surrounded by walls of windows peering out over the lush landscape. The table was decorated with rose petals in the shape of a heart and we were handed two glasses of champagne to toast our anniversary. The food is simply exquisite with beautifully melded flavors. Our selections consisted of a grilled vegetable platter, eggplant and ricotta ravioli, grilled king salmon, and seared ribeye, and mountain berry crisp for dessert...all prepared perfectly.Special Features:
- Absolutely outstandingJimboDined on 8/23/2014We were both blown away with the location, the food and service. It was our wedding anniversary event and we loved it. I had the poached lobster, my wife had the rib-eye steak. Both were excellent. Very pricey so be prepared.Special Features:
- Food- fabulous Wine very expensiveSusanDined on 8/22/2014We knew only a few wines on the list and asked for a recommendation. They gave my 30 year old daughter-in-law a sip...which was ok, as far as it goes, so she ordered it, and found out later that it was $85.....I think they should know when a group is interested in FINE WINE or just out for a wonderful evening with the family!! (We also had a $15 glass of champagne, on the terrace, that was about 1-2 ounces, not even close to a regular pour)...........watch out for the wine :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/21/2014Excellent every time !!!! We celebrated a special anniversary !Special Features:
- A Special PlacePalmettoGal1Dined on 8/21/2014Rowland's is in a beautiful spot convenient to Blowing Rock. The manor house has spectacular views and if you arrive near sundown either get a table out on the porch (in summer) or wander out there to see the whole valley. We had a lovely elegant meal with superb service. Our waiter was very friendly and attentive. The tomato bisque was rich and creamy and the sauce with the chicken roulade was very tasty. The prices are higher than most Blowing Rock restaurants but everything (the view, the food, the service) made it worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerJeniponytailDined on 8/16/2014We had our anniversary dinner here. We had drinks on the back patio watching the most gorgeous sunset ever. I wish we had a table on the patio. The dinner was delish and the waiter was great. There were rose petals in a heart on our table. Nice touch. The chef came out after dinner. He was nice as could be. It was a beautiful and delicious dinner. I would recommend this to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014The dinner was delicious- well seasoned and beautifully presented. All three courses were superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Champagne on the front lawn!FodwaviewDined on 8/15/2014Beautiful view, great food and friendly and accommodating staff!Special Features:
- MagnificentBuckDined on 8/6/2014Rowland's is a gem. My wife and I ate there and had a marvelous experience. We sat outside on a bright sunny evening and watched the sun set behind the Smokey Mountains while we enjoyed an outstanding dining experience. NOTE: Seating is limited outside so you will likely need to request in advance. For starters we enjoyed ravioli and king prawns. Both were tremendous, but I must say if you are a fan of king prawns, don't pass up the opportunity. They are a specialty of the house and poached in butter. For main course we enjoyed Rack of Lamb and Chicken Roulade. Both A++. We couldn't resist dessert and were quite pleased with the outcome of Mixed Berry Crumble and Carrot cake both served with vanilla ice cream. Don't miss out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visitKarenDined on 8/5/2014Food was spotty on two visits . Lamb chops very good, steak very average. Carrot cake was not good at all. S'more dessert very good. Service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rowlands is exceptional.jahwanderlustDined on 8/4/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Rowlands this week. From the moment we entered, we were made to feel special. The dining room was quiet and filled with windows looking out onto the jaw dropping view. Our table was topped with a heart composed of red rose petals. Our waiter was helpful and attentive, he knew when we needed him, and when we did not. And from the amuse-bouche, through the salad course, main course and dessert and coffee, every component of every dish was chosen with care and cooked to perfection. Each bite I took was a party in my mouth! And the biggest surprise of all was the bill. We were expecting the total to be quite large for such an extravagant meal, but it was less than we expected. Perfection.Special Features:
- The following 195 reviews are from the Rowland's Restaurant at Westglow Resort and Spa reviews archive.
- Rowlands, Blowing Rock, NCHicarbsDined on 7/24/2014My spouse's entrée was outstanding -- the Sea Bass, their signature dish. I was somewhat disappointed with the lobster entrée. I was rather dry, and not very flavorful. However, the biggest letdown was the carrot cake dessert. It was more like a small biscuit and had no flavor at all. There was no resemblance to any carrot cake I have ever had. This dessert was supposed to be large enough to share, but there was hardly enough there for a single serving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/23/2014WE ENJOYED OURSELVES IMMENSELY. FOOD WAS OUTSTANDING, SOMMELIER VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE, SERVICE IMPECCABLESpecial Features:
- nwnctarheelDined on 7/13/2014Rowlands is perhaps the most sophisticated restaurant in Blowing Rock, NC. For example, there are 4 kinds of crushed salt on the table and the meal begins with a complimentary amuse'. The menu is usually slanted toward seafood and locally sourced entrees.Special Features:
- End to a great day!KarenDined on 7/11/2014Spent the day at Westglow Spa, ended w continued amazing food and service at Roland's for dinner . A sophisticated mountain restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysRJMJrDined on 7/9/2014Rowland's has become our prime dining venue for special occasions. [We live an hour's drive away.] Cuisine is impeccable, ambience and service spectacular. In our experience there is nothing to match it in the Blue Ridge high country - plus the incredible mountain views. Bonnie and Jamie Schaefer have developed an establishment and reputation to be proud of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mountains gemFancyDined on 7/5/2014We were a group of 6. The setting is magnificent. The service is impeccable. The food delicious and beautifully presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2014What a lovely and amazing restaurant and resort! From start to finish our evening at Rowland's at Westglow was perfect. The ambience, the food and the service were superb!! We enjoyed ourselves thoroughly and have recommended it to friends who are coming to the area in Aug.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- skabootchVIPDined on 6/19/2014Both nights at Rowlands were outstanding in every respect. My wife twice ordered the lobster and it was well prepared and tender. I can particularly recommend both the lamb and the chicken. Service was great both evenings and the view of the mountains from the dining room was delightful and relaxing.Special Features:
- Foodie ParadiseDave2DietVIPDined on 6/18/2014This is an amazing place worthy of San Francisco, South Beach or some simlarly laid back but sophisticated place. Great food, service, presentation - with personal attention and a great wine list, and - after dinner - a world class view. Don't miss this place - just don't take my place when I need a reservation...Special Features:
- Excellent fooddiningduoDined on 6/14/2014We enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Rowlands. While the service was a little slow(our waitress was new) the quality of the food was as high as we remembered it. The waitress was a little inexperienced with the wine service, something that could be easily remedied with a little training. In general I would like to see more local and seasonal selections on the menu.Special Features:
- SuperbRJMJrDined on 6/14/2014As usual our latest return was all we have come to expect at Rowland's. It is in a class by itself !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.