Rowland's Restaurant at Westglow Resort and Spa
224 Westglow Circle
Blowing Rock, NC 28605Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $31 to $50
Rowland's Restaurant at Westglow Resort and Spa
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.westglow.com/
- Phone: 8282955141x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm - 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental
- Executive Chef: Nate Curtis
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Enjoy a delightful dining experience in The Blue Ridge Parlor. This was the original living room of the Dangerfield family. The room boasts a view of Grandfather Mountain, a Steinway baby grand piano and will accommodate up to 25 people.
- Private Party Contact: Matthew Metz 8282955141x
- Entertainment: Enjoy lovely piano music played on our Steinway M baby grand piano. Offered Saturday nights from 6:00 until 9:00.
A word from Rowland's Restaurant at Westglow Resort and Spa
Come and join us for dinner at Rowland's Restaurant at Westglow Resort and Spa a Relais & Chateaux property. Experience world-class culinary fare in our historic mansion, where the elegance of fine-dining can be rediscovered amid gracious hospitality and the comfort of home. Mountain views and romantic fireside dining create a magical setting where you can enjoy the flavors of new American cuisine prepared with a flare of Southern sensibility. Rowland’s features an indulgent menu with an array of eclectic dishes including fresh seafood, prime steaks and savory game meats. There is also a delicious gourmet spa menu for the health conscious. On the wine list, you will find bottles from all over the world, including rare wines and some little-known gems from North Carolina vineyards. Find out why Katherine Stefan of Charlotte Taste Magazine writes “no trip to Blowing Rock is complete for foodies” without a meal at Rowland’s.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Rowland's Restaurant at Westglow Resort and Spa - Best Restaurants in Blowing Rock ›
Rowland's Restaurant at Westglow Resort and Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (44)romantic (40)fit for foodies (36)scenic view (34)notable wine list (22)neighborhood gem (14)great for outdoor dining (7)good for groups (6)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great spot!! We would go again!!CllovesfoodDined on 9/14/2014The menu was impressive. Service was outstanding !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointmentnotforusDined on 9/12/2014We all were exceptionally disappointed with the portion size of the meals and the wine pour, we also were amazed by the lack of side dishes.....Special Features:
- top flight experiencejocko53Dined on 9/12/2014This was a celebration event for the two of us and Rowlands is such a great place to celebrate. The grounds and the house are just wonderful with a nice view was well. The food is very imaginative and thoughtful in a really nice way so that the result is gourmet without pretension. The service was hit the mark for attentive but not intrusive. Thank you for such a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Rowland's is a WOW!tybeefoodieDined on 9/9/2014Words are inadequate to describe our dinner experience at Rowland's. Blowing Rock is a small town that has a number of very good restaurants and Rowland's is far and away the best of the best. I don't know where to begin.......from the beauty of the setting and restaurant to the knowledge and professionalism of the staff and the exquisite flavors created by the remarkable cooking team, everything was perfection. Chef Nate is a genius and we are still dreaming about his food and wishing we could eat at Rowland's on a regular basis. I would describe his food as nouvelle cuisine meets molecular gastronomy in perfect harmony. Each dish is as beautiful as it is memorable. We can't wait to return. Thanks to all for a great evening.Special Features:
- Asd123VIPDined on 8/31/2014Lobster bisque, seabass and lamb chops were amazing. Perfectly cooked with some creative flavors. Especially enjoyed the smoked tomato panna cotta. Service was nice and friendly and the wait staff suggested we have our dessert on the porch which was beautiful. The staff is not trained for fine dining service and not extremely knowledgable of the menu but it's the mountains and they were attentive so easy to look past this. The food is definitely worth the trip! Recommend watching the sunset from the porch if the weather permits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining in the Blowing RockLaVidaLocaDined on 8/25/2014Spent a wonderful evening at Rowland's Restaurant for our 24th wedding anniversary. First time there, but will no doubt be a staple for our visits to Blowing Rock. The Restaurant is part of the Westglow Resort/Spa and clearly caters to an upscale clientele. We were seated in a lovely room surrounded by walls of windows peering out over the lush landscape. The table was decorated with rose petals in the shape of a heart and we were handed two glasses of champagne to toast our anniversary. The food is simply exquisite with beautifully melded flavors. Our selections consisted of a grilled vegetable platter, eggplant and ricotta ravioli, grilled king salmon, and seared ribeye, and mountain berry crisp for dessert...all prepared perfectly.Special Features:
- Absolutely outstandingJimboDined on 8/23/2014We were both blown away with the location, the food and service. It was our wedding anniversary event and we loved it. I had the poached lobster, my wife had the rib-eye steak. Both were excellent. Very pricey so be prepared.Special Features:
- Food- fabulous Wine very expensiveSusanDined on 8/22/2014We knew only a few wines on the list and asked for a recommendation. They gave my 30 year old daughter-in-law a sip...which was ok, as far as it goes, so she ordered it, and found out later that it was $85.....I think they should know when a group is interested in FINE WINE or just out for a wonderful evening with the family!! (We also had a $15 glass of champagne, on the terrace, that was about 1-2 ounces, not even close to a regular pour)...........watch out for the wine :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/21/2014Excellent every time !!!! We celebrated a special anniversary !Special Features:
- A Special PlacePalmettoGal1Dined on 8/21/2014Rowland's is in a beautiful spot convenient to Blowing Rock. The manor house has spectacular views and if you arrive near sundown either get a table out on the porch (in summer) or wander out there to see the whole valley. We had a lovely elegant meal with superb service. Our waiter was very friendly and attentive. The tomato bisque was rich and creamy and the sauce with the chicken roulade was very tasty. The prices are higher than most Blowing Rock restaurants but everything (the view, the food, the service) made it worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerJeniponytailDined on 8/16/2014We had our anniversary dinner here. We had drinks on the back patio watching the most gorgeous sunset ever. I wish we had a table on the patio. The dinner was delish and the waiter was great. There were rose petals in a heart on our table. Nice touch. The chef came out after dinner. He was nice as could be. It was a beautiful and delicious dinner. I would recommend this to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014The dinner was delicious- well seasoned and beautifully presented. All three courses were superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Champagne on the front lawn!FodwaviewDined on 8/15/2014Beautiful view, great food and friendly and accommodating staff!Special Features:
- MagnificentBuckDined on 8/6/2014Rowland's is a gem. My wife and I ate there and had a marvelous experience. We sat outside on a bright sunny evening and watched the sun set behind the Smokey Mountains while we enjoyed an outstanding dining experience. NOTE: Seating is limited outside so you will likely need to request in advance. For starters we enjoyed ravioli and king prawns. Both were tremendous, but I must say if you are a fan of king prawns, don't pass up the opportunity. They are a specialty of the house and poached in butter. For main course we enjoyed Rack of Lamb and Chicken Roulade. Both A++. We couldn't resist dessert and were quite pleased with the outcome of Mixed Berry Crumble and Carrot cake both served with vanilla ice cream. Don't miss out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visitKarenDined on 8/5/2014Food was spotty on two visits . Lamb chops very good, steak very average. Carrot cake was not good at all. S'more dessert very good. Service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rowlands is exceptional.jahwanderlustDined on 8/4/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Rowlands this week. From the moment we entered, we were made to feel special. The dining room was quiet and filled with windows looking out onto the jaw dropping view. Our table was topped with a heart composed of red rose petals. Our waiter was helpful and attentive, he knew when we needed him, and when we did not. And from the amuse-bouche, through the salad course, main course and dessert and coffee, every component of every dish was chosen with care and cooked to perfection. Each bite I took was a party in my mouth! And the biggest surprise of all was the bill. We were expecting the total to be quite large for such an extravagant meal, but it was less than we expected. Perfection.Special Features:
- Rowlands, Blowing Rock, NCHicarbsDined on 7/24/2014My spouse's entrée was outstanding -- the Sea Bass, their signature dish. I was somewhat disappointed with the lobster entrée. I was rather dry, and not very flavorful. However, the biggest letdown was the carrot cake dessert. It was more like a small biscuit and had no flavor at all. There was no resemblance to any carrot cake I have ever had. This dessert was supposed to be large enough to share, but there was hardly enough there for a single serving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/23/2014WE ENJOYED OURSELVES IMMENSELY. FOOD WAS OUTSTANDING, SOMMELIER VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE, SERVICE IMPECCABLESpecial Features:
- nwnctarheelDined on 7/13/2014Rowlands is perhaps the most sophisticated restaurant in Blowing Rock, NC. For example, there are 4 kinds of crushed salt on the table and the meal begins with a complimentary amuse'. The menu is usually slanted toward seafood and locally sourced entrees.Special Features:
- End to a great day!KarenDined on 7/11/2014Spent the day at Westglow Spa, ended w continued amazing food and service at Roland's for dinner . A sophisticated mountain restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysRJMJrDined on 7/9/2014Rowland's has become our prime dining venue for special occasions. [We live an hour's drive away.] Cuisine is impeccable, ambience and service spectacular. In our experience there is nothing to match it in the Blue Ridge high country - plus the incredible mountain views. Bonnie and Jamie Schaefer have developed an establishment and reputation to be proud of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mountains gemFancyDined on 7/5/2014We were a group of 6. The setting is magnificent. The service is impeccable. The food delicious and beautifully presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2014What a lovely and amazing restaurant and resort! From start to finish our evening at Rowland's at Westglow was perfect. The ambience, the food and the service were superb!! We enjoyed ourselves thoroughly and have recommended it to friends who are coming to the area in Aug.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- skabootchVIPDined on 6/19/2014Both nights at Rowlands were outstanding in every respect. My wife twice ordered the lobster and it was well prepared and tender. I can particularly recommend both the lamb and the chicken. Service was great both evenings and the view of the mountains from the dining room was delightful and relaxing.Special Features:
- Foodie ParadiseDave2DietVIPDined on 6/18/2014This is an amazing place worthy of San Francisco, South Beach or some simlarly laid back but sophisticated place. Great food, service, presentation - with personal attention and a great wine list, and - after dinner - a world class view. Don't miss this place - just don't take my place when I need a reservation...Special Features:
- Excellent fooddiningduoDined on 6/14/2014We enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Rowlands. While the service was a little slow(our waitress was new) the quality of the food was as high as we remembered it. The waitress was a little inexperienced with the wine service, something that could be easily remedied with a little training. In general I would like to see more local and seasonal selections on the menu.Special Features:
- SuperbRJMJrDined on 6/14/2014As usual our latest return was all we have come to expect at Rowland's. It is in a class by itself !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A seasonal menu should be seasonalJayceeVIPDined on 5/30/2014There are so many things to like about Rowland's- beautiful setting, delicious food, friendly and attentive service- while a bit pricey, Rowland's is clearly one of the very best dining spots in the area. My complaint is they boast a seasonal menu, yet they seem somewhat confused as to which season it is. Using ingredients of the like of butter nut squash and pumpkin as late as May 30 is pushing the limits of a season appropriate menu- the reason for the menu was that the owners had not been able to come to sample the new menu- I appreciate their intent to ensure that the new offering is up to snuff, but holding diners hostage to their travel schedule is not the way to treat guests for a restaraunt that aspires to operate at this caliber.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jim7Dined on 5/28/2014This restaurant far exceeded our expectations. Terrific food and great personal service and atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PickyDined on 5/27/2014Very Very small dining area with No views-website is a bit deceiving. You cannot see the sun set from the resturant. The only reason I gave 5 stars is b/c the chef and staff went out of their way to make our special occasion memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 181 reviews are from the Rowland's Restaurant at Westglow Resort and Spa reviews archive.
- Great dining experience.luvgreatdiningDined on 5/24/2014We sat outside on the porch before dinner and watched the sunset over the mountains. It was a gorgeous sight. We went into the dining area for our 9:00 reservation. Our waitress was very friendly and gave great recommendations for starters and entrees. The hit for the starter was the Prawns. There was just 1 prawn, but it was the size of a rock lobster. In fact, it tasted just like lobster. The pork, grouper and beef tenderloin were outstanding. It is very pricey, but what an experience! I would recommend to anyone that enjoys having a great meal and dining experience! Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite, as alwaysNoteasy2plsDined on 5/18/2014Our favorite spot in the High Country for a special occasion- no detail is overlooked. Fine dining at its best, with old world elegance. Takes you back in time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration DinnerhappymomDined on 5/10/2014We took our son and his wife here to celebrate his graduation from Appalachian State the next morning. We couldn't have picked anywhere more lovely than this. The views were breathtaking, the food divine, our waitress (Nessa) was attentive, competent, and personable, the valets offered to take a group picture of us .... what more can I say? My son had the sea bass and raved that it was the "best fish" he'd ever eaten. This was an elegant, memorable evening for all of us and we would highly recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and Great Place to eatGrammKakieDined on 5/4/2014Wonderful and helpful waitress; lovely food presentation; so good that no extra seasoning is needed and is just heavenly! I ate the lamb, medium rare and vegetables were superb! So tasty. My daughter ate the pork chop and said it was the best she had ever eaten. Sat in the sunroom porch and it was a beautiful view. We stayed at the Westglow Resort and Spa and it was so nice to eat and go upstairs. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On my Most Memorable ListNancsterDined on 4/28/2014You know you have one, too…one of those Most Memorable lists: Most Memorable Holiday, Most Memorable Theatre Experience, Most Memorable Night Out….Rowlands is now in my top 5 Most Memorable Dining Experiences list. From the warm welcome to the delicious and unique "pumpkin pie" I was knocked out by the attention to detail in every bite, in the attentive but not obtrusive wait service, and that perfect martini that started it off. The restaurant also benefits from its beautiful location and the style and class of its dining rooms. A feast for all of the senses…..and all of this without the slightest hint of pretentiousness. Go!Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014We enjoyed brunch twice and dinner once at Rowlands during our weekend stay at Westglow. Every meal we had was excellent and the wait staff was so accommodating. We would definitely go back on our next visit.Special Features:
- AMAZING!happyDined on 4/26/2014This place was AMAZING!!!! Service was top notch. Food was outstanding, view was incredible. Wonderful place to dine and we will be back again. The only thing to note was the lamb chops. it was on the small side so if your a big eater I would not order. Although it was devign in taste. My husband was just a bit hungry still afterwards. Only downside if you can even call it that. A must go to place.Special Features:
- Exceptional ServiceDanielDined on 4/20/2014We LOVE Rowland's so please don't take this wrong. But the Brunch Menu on Easter was VERY LIMITED. A bit of a disappointment. The service as always was EXCEPTIONAL! We will ways go back for dinner but probably not for a Brunch with only 6 items to select from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mountain GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/12/2014Very peaceful and relaxed setting with magnificent mountain views. Impeccable service, but nonetheless engaging staff typical of the region. Food was excellent and at the same time very creative and healthy. Another great dining experience at Rowland's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Excellent!DanielDined on 3/1/2014Food is great, service impeccable, make you feel like royalty.Special Features: