Rowes Wharf Sea Grille
70 Rowes Wharf
Boston, MA 02110Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Rowes Wharf Sea Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.roweswharfseagrille.com/
- Phone: (617) 856-7744
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Breakfast Buffet: Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am -11:00am;
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Afternoon Tea Daily: 2:30pm - 4:00pm
(Please call for reservations 24 hours in advance)
Bar Bites Daily: 2:30pm-4:00pm;
Dinner Daily: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Daniel Bruce
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Rowes Wharf Sea Grille is perfectly situated where land meets sea at the most picturesque spot along the Boston waterfront. Chef Daniel Bruce’s vision for the restaurant celebrates the sea—inventive seafood dishes artfully presented, and a contemporary space with design accents that mirror the ocean beyond the windows.
- Private Party Contact: Augusto Gabriel 6178567744x
- Cross Street: Atlantic Avenue
- Public Transit: Blue line to the Aquarium
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Validated parking is available for dinner reservations. Self Parking will be $8 and Valet Parking will be $12 with validation. Validation is good for up to 4 hours. Car must enter the garage after 5:00PM.
A word from Rowes Wharf Sea Grille
Rowes Wharf Sea Grille is perfectly situated at the most picturesque spot along the Boston waterfront. Chef Daniel Bruce’s vision for the restaurant celebrates the sea—inventive seafood dishes artfully presented, and a contemporary space with design accents that mirror the ocean beyond the windows. For great food, harbor front views, lively conversation and an upscale yet comfortable atmosphere, look no further than Rowes Wharf Sea Grille, located at the Boston Harbor Hotel..Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Rowes Wharf Sea Grille - Best Restaurants in Financial District ›
Rowes Wharf Sea Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (76)great for outdoor dining (71)special occasion (59)fit for foodies (36)romantic (36)great for lunch (32)good for groups (28)notable wine list (18)neighborhood gem (14)great for brunch (14)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (5)Show More
- Delightful LunchEmmaDined on 7/31/2014I enjoyed lunch indoors while looking out at the water. It was so delightful as it was quiet, excellent service and the food was delicious. I had the lobster roll and it was wonderful and the French fries were incredibly crispy.Special Features:
- Great experience!JohnnyDDined on 7/29/2014I went on a date on a Tuesday night during the summer and I could not have been happier with the overall experience. The service was great as our waiter was cery helpful about everything on the menu. The food was delicious as we got the scallops and the halibut. The mojito and margarita also come highly recommended as they were refreshing and sweet. The only inconvenience I had was since i made the reservation through open table I was unable to communicate that I wanted to sit outside to enjoy the live music. I showed up at the time of reservation and they said it would be another 45 min. Luckily, we were on the waterfront and just went to Tias for a couple drinks. Overall, we loved the place and will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 659 reviews are from the Rowes Wharf Sea Grille reviews archive.
- very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014as expected very pricey. Depending on one's emphasis-food quality, quantity, ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday eveningSatdinerDined on 7/26/2014Perfect day and perfect spot for dinner Saturday evening. Great views of the harbor. Outdoor dining very comfortable with great service. Food was excellent. We recommend Sea Grille and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousRobinVIPDined on 7/25/2014Went here last night to celebrate my friends Birthday. I can't say enough great things!! Food was excellent, service impeccable from the hostesses to the busboys. The view is insane and our table on the patio was in the perfect spot. We are already planning our return visit!!Special Features:
- Outstanding Service w/View to matchKarenCDined on 7/25/2014We had a fantastic dining experience 6/25/2014 when celebrating a birthday. We arrived 45 minutes earlier than our reservation & were graciously greeted & given a choice of sitting inside or out. We chose inside, and were seated at the harbor-facing windows. Gorgeous view of the harbor. Apps: Mozarella cheese & Plum Tomato salad and Hearts of romaine w/Kale salad. Both generous portions & very tasty. Entrees: Filet Mignon and Swordfish (steak) dinners. Filet & Swordfish were each perfectly cooked. To-die-for dipping butter w/Swordfish. Whipped potatoes were tasty.Rice was blah.Veggies were uninteresting = Order sides you like. Dessert: Key Lime Pie & Vanilla IC. Staff put candle in IC to acknowledge bday<-FUN surprise. Service=IMPECCABLESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the HalibutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Dinner was excellent and enjoying the well prepared food outside while listening to the band was really enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why pay this much?EatingOutATreatDined on 7/20/2014There was no one in the restaurant and we felt that everyone knew something we didn't - You're paying too much money! If money's no object, the food was quite good.Special Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedLennyVIPDined on 7/18/2014Quiet terrace atmosphere with a calming water view. Over packed lobster roll . Bolongnese was very good. Brussels sprouts not so good. Overall we were happy and will return . Although we ate outside, the inside looked inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So SLOW!GirlDetectiveDined on 7/17/2014Our drinks took over 30 min to arrive. The appetizer was long gone by then and the second course was being served. When we pointed this out we got long complicated reasons, excuses and apologies. But still got charged. Which is bad form. This spot has the prices and location that would suggest a high end dining experience. But the food was barely fine. Not great. (The chopped salad could have been served at a school cafeteria. So sad! ) and the service was slow. The excuses offered were basically a way of saying "we don't know how to run a kitchen when we are full." An expensive and disappointing evening.
- I loved this placePaolatinaDined on 7/15/2014Great service, pretty good food and amazing live music during the summer :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Dining ExperienceSouthShoreMADined on 7/11/2014My wife and I recently dined at the Sea Grille for a relaxing dinner away from the kids on our way home from work on a Friday night. I must say, the restaurant was selected mainly because of its location (close to the commuter ferry terminal) more than anything else, and we did not expect the food to be so amazing. My wife had the Halibut on Safron Risotto and I had the filet (Med Rare) with Sauteed Spinach. Both plates were outstanding; flavorful and perfectly cooked. I must say that it was a memorably delicious (and relaxing without the kids) meal and we now plan to make it a once-a-month-tradition. The service was also remarkable; all I ever had to do was turn my head to look for the server and he would come right over. Great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/10/2014The service was awful. There was a long wait for the waiter to appear after we were seated. When he appeared, he immediately asked if we were ready to order. We had to ask if we could have a cocktail first. We had to flag him down to order apps, entrees, wine, dessert, etc. After dinner we walked outside to listen to the blues barge for 5 minutes. We were told by the waiter out there that we had to move on .. "it was kind of like a ticketed event. You had to be a patron of their patio to stand there." Having spent $180 for dinner for two just inside the door, I kind of felt like I had earned the stripes to stand for five minutes, but we moved on. All in all, the food here is very good, but the overall experience is disappointing.Special Features:
- EXCEPTIONAL & UNPARALLELED DININGRyansgirlDined on 7/10/2014OVERALL: Impressive restaurant. Nautical grace and incredibly beautiful lighting of the interior played well against the captivating view of the wharf. SERVICE: IDEAL! Audrinna was very kind sweet and lovely, Augosto reminded me of Lumiere from "Beauty and the Beast, " prepared to cater to our every whim and Henrick was a true star, a gem - the best server ever - unmatched perfection & grace in the craft. EXPERIENCE - I am still thriving off the high of the experience and my memories of a most unforgettable meal! FOOD: The Aphrodite's Potion was HEAVEN ON EARTH, begged to be savored. Excellent presentation of filet mignon and bucatini pasta. Very delicate on the pallet, wholly satisfying flavors matched sweetly with the Riesling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, great serviceEandCDined on 7/9/2014My mom and I had a delicious meal, with attentive, friendly and very knowledgable service. Wine choices by they glass were very nice. The music filtering in from the outside concert was a nice, summery touch. The only minor complaint was that the inside is quite loud, with guests speaking quite loudly, though we got used to speaking up a bit so we could hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sea grilleseagrilleDined on 7/8/2014the restaurant is a fine restaurant in a beautiful hotel with great food and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing placehappyeventDined on 7/7/2014My cousin and I really enjoyed having lunch at the Sea Grille. It is a beautiful room. The hostess was very nice. The waiter very polite, and the service and food very good. I would like to bring more people here for the pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Great drinks!GreekMusesVIPDined on 7/6/2014The cocktails were particularly delicious and the salads very good. Plus nothing beats dining outside by the water on a Sunday morning.Special Features:
- good but expensiveSundaymanVIPDined on 7/2/2014food and service were quite good. side door seemed to be a passageway to the hotel lobby and that was annoying. A cappuccino at $6.50 seemed to set a record price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable placePrincess61Dined on 7/1/2014I went there for my anniversary For the first time and everything everyone was so pleasant great staff too, the views where beautiful A little expansive but well worth it I will go again soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Enjoyable DinnerbostongatorDined on 6/29/2014Recently dined here on a Sunday evening (8:30) with a party of 6. The restaurant was less than half full, but not surprisingly as the food is on the expensive side. We ate outside and enjoyed it very much. The view was awesome, and the service matched this. I had the Clam Chowder which was a generous bowl and was delicious. My meal was the grilled Grouper, and while the fish and sides were very fresh, I feel like the fish could have used slightly more seasoning. I can definitely see myself returning to Rowes Wharf Sea Grille.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2014We were a group of 6 --- everyone loved their meals. Service was excellent. We will dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't botherMollymotoDined on 6/27/2014Food was substandard at best. The only good thing here is the outside patio with the music. We left after appetizers and seeing the food coming out. The guests on either side of us were not happy.Special Features:
- TracieDined on 6/25/2014An absolutely beautiful room (the wait was too long to dine outdoors) with very attentive wait staff. Although the food presentation was lovely, I thought the tastes rather ordinary. Beautiful, fresh oysters! A bit overcooked scallops with rather bland cauliflower purée. Thank you for preparing the lovely chocolate surprise for our birthday guest! I would definitely return and try for an outdoor table this time. Thank you!Special Features:
- great atmosphere, bad fooddinnerdivaDined on 6/24/2014When we first sat down, my husband and I said we should come here every week, because the atmosphere in the summer with the Summer series concerts is fun and lively! The menu looked so good and we were so sorry that it was much less than good. We started with oysters which were decent, but then we got the lobster and squid ink pasta for an app. which was soggy and bland, we then each got an entrée, the sea bass which was decent but not delicious, and the duck, which was 4 small pieces, and just not that flavorful. We ended with the hot chocolate cake which was small but delicious, that was the only thing we can say that was actually tasty! Maybe we ordered the wrong things, but sadly, we will probably only return for drinks and dessert.Special Features:
- Rowes Wharf Sea GrillLiz34Dined on 6/22/2014My friends and I were there to celebrate our friend birthday. Extremely disappointed. Beautiful water view, but we were too busy discussing how boring, and overpriced, and empty it was. For such a location they need to update their menu and add more flavor to their seafood. The only good thing, was our server. I'll not go back or refer it to anyone.Special Features:
- Great view, meh foodwakawakawakaVIPDined on 6/22/2014The food was meh, but the views of Boston's waterfront are fantastic (although it is much colder back there than in front of the hotel. Bring a sweater.)Special Features:
- Breakfast with a viewBostonDinerDined on 6/22/2014Great views, nice ambiance, good breakfast menu with a buffet breakfast option, attentive staff. Very nice meal. Had a reservation, outdoor seating area was only half full, but we were told we'd have to wait 20 mins for an outdoor table for one to "be set" - inside table immediately available at a window, so our disappointment was only momentary, but now we know to specify an outside table when making the reservation. The outdoor area never filled up in the time we were there, so a little confusing as to why that option could not have been readily available. But a nice experience overall. Five stars in general, four overall because of the outdoor seating issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CT visitorsCTcoupleDined on 6/21/2014The restaurant is very classy, but when we walked in I was wondering why it was so empty on a Saturday night. When I got my food, it all made sense. I was shocked at how horrible the food was. Overcooked scallops, soggy tasteless risotto... Other people at my table had food that looked comparable to the quality of a cheap wedding. You would think that Sea Wharfe would have amazingly fresh seafood, but the "chef" ruins it with improper cooking and a bland palate. The food is definitely overpriced!! So dissapointed!!Special Features:
- SufromMedfordDined on 6/21/2014Enjoyed a great family dinner at the Rowes Wharf Sea Grille. Nice atmosphere, great food, friendly waitstaff!Special Features:
- overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014overpriced and underwhelming ...boring flavor and not worth the money.
- Rowes Wharf Sea GrilleBostonLuvtoDineDined on 6/20/2014The wait staff has always been attentive; The hostess (s) get special recognition (s) from me as they were great in accommodating my requests for seating inside the restaurant, and outside as well; very friendly and extremely attentive--their services were well rendered, and much appreciated. Thank you!Special Features:
- great food and musicAbbeSDined on 6/19/2014Came early to sit outside and was not disappointed. Food great, service great, live music great. Did not feel rushed. Will come againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On the wharfRandyJVIPDined on 6/19/2014The water view and ambiance of sitting on the wharf deserves better food and service. The service resembled an Easter egg hunt with young servers scrambling through the many tables with no particular predetermined route or purpose. I give kudos to the guy who served me water. I saw him more than I saw the waitress. My Beefeater martini turned out to be Grey Goose...because that sounds the same. Not. The haddock was nice but the fries were prefabs I've had them a thousand times in restaurants across the country. All in all, I wouldn't return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/17/2014Parking fee was insane of $45 I will not go back because of that. I was there 1.33 hours and that price is the highest in BostonSpecial Features:
- Sunday secretMaestroDined on 6/15/2014Looking for a nice dinner with a great view? Boston Harbor Hotel on a Sunday evening is perfect! The business people come on Monday, the tourists leave on Sunday after brunch and that leaves plenty of tables overlooking Boston Harbor for SUnday dinner. Not bad at all!Special Features:
- grimesDined on 6/13/2014Everything was perfect. Noise level was high because it was raining and guests who normally would have dined outside, dined in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real mixed bag!RIKJDined on 6/11/2014We arrived about 20 min early and were seated us outside as requested. The wine arrived and the server mixed them up but we got that straightened out. When the meals arrived they gave me my wife’s halibut and she got my cod. We paid with 2 credit cards. Mine was OK but my friend received someone else’s card and bill. The server took it and returned later with his card and assured that it all was correct. Later that evening I got a message that our reservation was cancelled. The next day my friend checked his credit card statement and found he was charged appropriately for half of our bill plus $240 for someone else’s. He contacted Rows Wharf and they corrected it. I also called about the cancellation. It was good but overpriced.Special Features:
- Great service, mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014We took my Mom here for a birthday dinner... a party of eleven persons. The valet and servers were excellent. The food was mediocre at best, portions were small, but that's ok if the food is fantastic. It was not. Good place for a drink and the terrific view.Special Features:
- special occasion at Sea GrillSkier24Dined on 5/17/2014I made the reservation 3 weeks in advance with special request for a table near the window as my parents were driving all the way from Maine to celebrate a significant birthday.. When I arrived (15min early to make sure everything went smoothly) there was no table near the window available. They offered to seat us outside, luckily it was a semi-warm day. It took 15 minutes. They sat us right by the cashier's station where my 80yr old father was consistently bumped as the waiters walked by. The service was slow, The filet mignon overcooked and they overcharged me for the wine. I did not ask for a correction in the bill as i didn't want to upset my guests, but i will never return again.