Rowes Wharf Sea Grille
70 Rowes Wharf
Boston, MA 02110Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Rowes Wharf Sea Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.roweswharfseagrille.com/
- Phone: (617) 856-7744
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Breakfast Buffet: Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am -11:00am;
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Afternoon Tea Daily: 2:30pm - 4:00pm
(Please call for reservations 24 hours in advance)
Bar Bites Daily: 2:30pm-4:00pm;
Dinner Daily: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Daniel Bruce
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Rowes Wharf Sea Grille is perfectly situated where land meets sea at the most picturesque spot along the Boston waterfront. Chef Daniel Bruce’s vision for the restaurant celebrates the sea—inventive seafood dishes artfully presented, and a contemporary space with design accents that mirror the ocean beyond the windows.
- Private Party Contact: Augusto Gabriel 6178567744x
- Cross Street: Atlantic Avenue
- Public Transit: Blue line to the Aquarium
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Validated parking is available for dinner reservations. Self Parking will be $8 and Valet Parking will be $12 with validation. Validation is good for up to 4 hours. Car must enter the garage after 5:00PM.
A word from Rowes Wharf Sea Grille
Rowes Wharf Sea Grille is perfectly situated at the most picturesque spot along the Boston waterfront. Chef Daniel Bruce’s vision for the restaurant celebrates the sea—inventive seafood dishes artfully presented, and a contemporary space with design accents that mirror the ocean beyond the windows. For great food, harbor front views, lively conversation and an upscale yet comfortable atmosphere, look no further than Rowes Wharf Sea Grille, located at the Boston Harbor Hotel..Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Rowes Wharf Sea Grille - Best Restaurants in Financial District ›
Rowes Wharf Sea Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (76)great for outdoor dining (71)special occasion (59)fit for foodies (37)romantic (36)great for lunch (32)good for groups (28)notable wine list (18)neighborhood gem (14)great for brunch (14)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (5)Show More
- Saturday night dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2014My friend and I had a girls night out in Boston on Saturday night and we went to Rowes Wharf Sea Grille at the recommendation of a Boston food guide. We were seated front and center at a window overlooking the wharf. We split oysters on the half shell and I had a delicious roasted salmon for dinner. Our server was very helpful in assisting with wine and dessert suggestions. I enjoyed a very nice glass of rose with my fish and we split a Bananas Foster dessert. Everything was delicious. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for a special night out when you are in Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful evening !OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2014We have dined here several times and the experience just keeps getting better. The very attentive and well educated staff made our visit most enjoyable. The food quality, presentation and value are exceptional. Great wine list and helpful suggestions of pairings. Chef Dan Bruce continues to amaze us !! Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Spot to DineLennyVDined on 11/13/2014We had an enjoyable dinner and the service was very good. Unfortunately due to the cold weather we could not take advantage of their outdoor dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and servicebirthdaygirlDined on 10/30/2014Came here for my birthday dinner and had a wonderful time - food and service was outstanding - right down to the complimentary champagne awaiting for us because it was a special occasion....Special Features:
- Absolutely Great SeafoodFHBBDined on 10/27/2014If you are looking for a great seafood in town, the address is the Rowes Wharf Sea Grill. The service is very good, too. Prices are reasonable for the fresh seafood and great service.Special Features:
- It's a hotel restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014After reading reviews before I made reservations we were very excited for good seafood. When we got there we were disappointed to find it was the hotel restaurant and it was practically empty. Service was very prompt, presentation of the food was off. Taste was good. Good view of harbor. Overall though we won't be back.Special Features:
- kellytastesDined on 10/19/2014A beautiful dining room with a picturesque few of the harbor! Quiet enough to have a good conversation, but still had a lively atmosphere! Service was outstanding...very polished and professional staff! The fish we ordered was prepared perfectly and served beautifully on the plate. I would definitely recommend The Sea Grille!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite in all seasonsnoankpearlVIPDined on 10/15/2014We took advantage of a beautiful fall day to have lunch outside at the Sea Grille - what a great decision! The fish dishes in particular are always fresh and excellent, and the staff cheerfully accommodates requests for slight revisions. Pricing is fair for such a lovely environment, not obnoxiously exhorbitant. It was a wonderful experience and we found it hard to leave! And despite the demand for outdoor seating on such a lovely day, the staff did not push us to leave.Special Features:
- Last night in New EnglandGrahamQ8Dined on 10/13/2014On our last night, after two weeks in New England, we chose the Rowes Wharf Sea Grille at the Boston Harbor Hotel for dinner. The restaurant is in a good location with a great view of the water. The restaurant is stylishly decorated and has a relaxed ambience. Our service was attentive, friendly, knowledgable and very efficient. To start, we had the bacon wrapped figs & shrimp which was delicious. The salad was plentiful and the fish (salmon and haddock) excellent, the wine list is full but expensive. Overall it was one of our more expensive holiday dinners but for a special occaision well worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous spot, great restaurantBostonGirlDined on 10/11/2014We had a family lunch celebrating a birthday. The service was magnificent, without being overbearing. Food was wonderful. Everyone enjoyed their meal. Great views of Boston Harbor.Special Features:
- OutstandingLove2EatDined on 10/10/2014Very exceptional service with higher standards displayed at all times. The wait staff was always checking in on us and showed a positive demeanor when waiting on us. I will definitely come back!!!!Special Features:
- ShirazVIPDined on 10/8/2014This restaurant is in a hotel which we had not expected. So we were a little concerned. The restaurant was not busy and were seated at a window table overlooking the harbor area which was very nice. We were hungry and ordered immediately. For appetizers my wife ordered the mussels and I ordered the ceviche. The mussels were in a thai coconut broth and had a slight hot spike. The mussels were very tasty. Tie ceviche was nicely presented in a delicate lime dressing. Also delicious. For main courses my wife had the Haddock and I had the Tuna. Both were nicely presented and very tasty. Overall we had a pleasant romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprisingly poor servicespartyDined on 9/28/2014way too slow and the waiter had attitude. For the money not worth itSpecial Features:
- Just ok.Out2eatDined on 9/27/2014Food was good, not outstanding. Too pricy for what was served.
- Rowes Wharf Sea Grille Delivers!Clarabelle66VIPDined on 9/21/2014Over the past year, I have been to the Rowes Wharf Sea Grille at least ten times. I enjoy bringing family and friends to this lovely waterfront restaurant because of the great view from the terrace, the delicious food, the wonderful service, and the lively (and free!) concerts in the summer. My favorite entrée is the halibut, and I really enjoy the Wharf Manhattan, too. 😊 And their mashed potatoes are delicious! Jon and Jeisson are the best waiters ever....attentive, warm, and knowledgeable about the menu. Restaurant Manager Phil Huber displays the same professionalism and warm personality, and he goes out of his way to greet diners and seek feedback. You can't go wrong dining here.Special Features:
- Good dining on harborFfodeDined on 9/20/2014Food was excellent. Service was great. Views are good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasurenoankpearlVIPDined on 9/17/2014The Sea Grille is reliably enjoyable in any season. Usually we sit outside at this time of year, but the chilly harbor breeze led us to request a table inside, yet by the window. Food was delicious as always, and the grilled fish selection is always a rewardingly healthy choice. Service was a tad slow, but we were in no rush.Special Features:
- Mark EllisMarkAE56Dined on 9/15/2014The service was very good--optimal, polite. The calamari were outstanding. The grilled fish entree was small, but fine, although the rice accompaniment was uninspired--just white rice on a plate. The glowing write-up on the chef caused me to expect more. Having just come from the Martingetti wine tasting, I was sated on wine and only had water with dinner. In the future I will certainly avail myself of the cocktail menu and wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Right place, right timeBeefstuVIPDined on 9/9/2014Took some out of town customers. They loved the food, service and view. Great night.Special Features:
- Great Lunch!DuxGirlsDined on 9/4/2014This is one of our favorite locations in Boston, spectacular harbor views! The seafood and fresh vegetables were delicious! We highly recommend this spot for lunch in the city. A great meeting spot for lunch with good friends.Special Features:
- Simply excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/31/2014Went on a Sunday night so wasn't crowded. Service was outstanding and food was absolutely delicious. Cocktails are well crafted - also delicious. Sat outside on a nice, warm night to enjoy the harbor view and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeJamesDined on 8/30/2014The Sea Grille is a great place to eat outside, right on the water, and watch the world go by. That being said you pay a premium for the view but with uninteresting cocktails and a just ok wine list. The food was actually pretty good but the menu itself isn't too interesting and lacks creativity. For a hotel bar/resturaunt on the water the Intercontinental is infinitely better right around the corner. Plus they have a French restaurant, Oyster Bar, and great cocktails. I even like the view better there anyways. Service at Sea Grille was ok but imprersonal, definitely more of a transaction for them than an experience.Special Features:
- Happy dinerokayJ25Dined on 8/30/2014For dining on Boston Harbor this is a tough location to beat, the scenery is great. The starting fresh bread basket is well prepared and unusually good. The chop salad was excellent with a nice variety of of veggies and contrasting kalamata olives; the kale-ceaser salad was a little more mundane. The clam chowder is for true clam lovers. The clams and mussels on pasta was first rate (although the sauce was a little too rich for my personal tastes - my wife loved it), the salmon in a tomato sauce looked stunning to look at, but in flavor the sauce was disappointingly bland. The deserts were wonderful - we had a blueberry mousse, really magical, and the key lime pie - great re-interpretation of a classic - lean cuisine it is not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tourist trapFoodsnobDined on 8/27/2014Disappointed to say the least. I made a reservation to sit outside as we were there to watch a band and we were sat 1.5 hrs later than I requested. The food was bland. If I am going to pay 28 dollars a plate, I would like it to taste like it deserves to be at that price point. I would have been much happier running across the street to panera and eating a bacon turkey bravo on the steps. Atmosphere was fantastic, severs were nice and the hostesses were young idiots.
- Just PerfectVeryPleasedDined on 8/26/2014Perfect lunch, outdoors on a sunny day with mild ocean breezes shaded by a large umbrella, excellent service, fresh wonderful sea bass - couldn't have been nicer. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great viewItravel4aliving2Dined on 8/21/2014I love this restaurant for the great food, and the service. The best part of this restaurant is the view. Outside seating is preferred for the best experience. Make sure you have reservations as the restaurant fills up quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sherryDined on 8/16/2014excellent seafood - the lobster was cooked to perfectionSpecial Features:
- disappointedvittoDined on 8/14/2014yes I did say "disappointed" ... hostess, waitress and the staff were all very pleasant, we ordered our drinks they were fine, my wife had a cosmopolitan, I had a rusty nail ... we ordered an appetizer, Shrimp wrapped in bacon with figs, Shrimp and Bacon showed up, Figs took a walk, ... my wife ordered pan sheared Scallop's with Spinach & garlic which was OK nothing to get to excited about, I ordered cod with rice and Spinach & Garlic, ... Cod was tasteless nothing to enhanced the flavor, BLAND/BORING. I figure if I can prepare food better than what I'm being served it's a failure. desserts were a complete failure.Special Features:
- summer concert seriescoronaandlineDined on 8/12/2014We went to Rowes for the summer concert series, not really the food. Of course the wait is long but when there's music playing, do you really care? Don't go starving and your wait problem will be solved. The music and atmosphere is fantastic. I would suggest ordering bottles of wine as the cocktails are expense and the waiters are really busy. If you don't want a crowd or noise, sit inside. It looked like those people get sat immediately anywaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice evening by the waterDisappointedDined on 8/11/2014My mom is visiting Boston and I wanted her to enjoy the Boston Harbor music series. The waiter was very pleasant and knowledgeable. Even though, they couldn't find my reservation, they were able to accommodate me. My only wish, was I had known we could order a burger. My daughter very much wanted one, and was a bit disgruntled when the person sitting next to us was being served a burger. I understand how you may not want to advertise this as an option. But it was the only thing that put a damper on the evening. Grumpy teen. The crispy fries, clam chowder (not too heavy) and oysters were great.Special Features:
- Beautiful Day!BuzzknitDined on 8/9/2014Had lunch with a good friend and we were hoping for a perfect day and we got it. We had reservations (but they only take them for inside), but requested an outside table and were seated outside right away. Being outside on such a beautiful day was great, the only thing is the tables are quite close together - so you do feel a bit crowded, but other than that it was a nice lunch and so wonderful to sit outside.Special Features:
- Outstanding serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014Fantastic food, ambiance and outstanding service! A little pricey, but worth it!!Special Features:
- Might be OK indoors but not outsideSuz363Dined on 8/8/2014We made a reservation through OpenTable only to discover that reservations were not accepted for outdoor seating. We waited 45 minutes for a table and then were stuck in the corner by the waitstaff access area. We had a crying baby on one side of us and a table of drunk people on the other side. Our waiter was a fine waiter but he had way too many tables to cover. The food, once we got it, was delicious. It might have been better to eat inside.
- knitzyDined on 8/8/2014The ambience won me over. We sat on the deck overlooking the wter. Food (we both had the lobster roll) and cocktail (passion fruit margarita?) were also quite tasty. The service left something to be desired. Our waiter was often nowhere to be found, and more than once we had to ask other waiters/servers for things, or to help find our waiter. Not what I'd expect for a place with average entree priced around $26.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restaurant great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Great ambiance, delicious food, generous portions. I loved everything about this restaurant. Perfect for a romantic dinner. Try to get a table in front of the windows the view is gorgeous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tourist RestaurantMichaelDined on 8/1/2014The fish was very fresh and nicely done but everything was either packaged, or frozen, or both. Bread was packaged, sugar snaps so stringy you couldn't eat them and even the basmati was packaged. Least impressive restaurant of the 4 we visited while in Boston. Unimpressive wine list.Special Features:
- mediocre, overpricedhomeCookingDined on 8/1/2014Service was a bit overly dramatic. Prices were higher than they should have been even for this location. Almost empty on a Friday evening.Special Features:
- Good food, poor serviceMfsmith140VIPDined on 8/1/2014I lunch at the Sea Grille at least 3-4 times over the summer. Fish is always great. This time, despite the abundance of wait staff, the service was terrible. I had to ask the host twice to send a wait person to take our order. People who were seated well after we were were served well ahead of us. Had to ask for check and waited over 10 minutes for it to be processed. There are plenty of places to dine alfreso. Sea Grille needs to get their act together.Special Features:
- location! food ok, bad parkingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014great outdoor lunch spot. fish sandwich very good, crab & bibb salad very good. lobster roll just ok, especially given the $26 price. don't mind paying for it, but somewhere like neptune oyster bar it is worth every penny. this one really was just ok. brioche was stale and lobster didn't make up for it. service was good. we valet parked and they told us to get validated. when we went to leave restaurant told us they only validate after 5 pm. parking ended up being $48 for a few hours!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful LunchEmmaDined on 7/31/2014I enjoyed lunch indoors while looking out at the water. It was so delightful as it was quiet, excellent service and the food was delicious. I had the lobster roll and it was wonderful and the French fries were incredibly crispy.Special Features: