383 Congress Street
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
Fort Point Channel
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.row34.com/
- Phone: (617) 553-5900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jeremy Sewall
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Row 34
Row 34 is a workingman’s oyster bar. We serve great oysters and pour unique beer in one of Boston's best neighborhoods, Fort Point.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Row 34 reviews from OpenTable diners
175 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (135)hot spot (93)neighborhood gem (76)good for groups (63)great for lunch (54)vibrant bar scene (51)great for outdoor dining (50)notable wine list (39)special occasion (37)late-night find (20)romantic (14)kid-friendly (11)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Terrific overall experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Everything was terrific. The bar scene is fantastic, professional without stuffiness. Same for the wait staff during dinner. Well worth going into town for the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceshelleybellyDined on 11/16/2014We had an amazing assortment of really good seafood, beautifully prepared. A little pricey but seemed very worth it especially for a special occasion. Service was perfect combination of friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent. Salmon was the best.VcritDined on 11/6/2014Oysters are fresh and crisp. Great wine selections. Lobster roll toed for one of my faves in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningFoodieBYTradeVIPDined on 11/2/2014The menu is small but mighty! Raw bar is best in the city, highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noteasytopleaseNanciVIPDined on 10/31/2014The fish special was amazing - highly recommend. The tuna tartar and oysters were great, fresh and will order again. Good options on the wine list and the beer drinkers in the group were very happy with the choices. Disappointments - the crab cake dinner came with only one crab cake - what's up with that for $28 I got a whole fish and my husband got one crab-cake? A bit pricey but I'll be back for the fish and fresh raw seafood bar. The ambience was fun, industrial, reminded me of the more modern establishments in Europe. I'd give it 4.5 stars.Special Features:
- Lobster Rolls for out-of-townersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014Was my first visit to Row34 & I took my parents for lunch (who were visiting from the West Coast and craving Lobster Rolls.) We loved every bite. The warm, buttered lobster was fresh & the toasted brioche was the perfect host. We ordered from the raw bar which was amazing too. The server & kitchen were accommodating to my mom's gluten allergy and served her lobster on a bed of lettuce & the bartender humored my dad's curiosity of the draft beer selection offering him some small tastes. We sat outdoors on a cold, windy day, but the heaters were cranking and we remained comfortable. All in all, the service was great & food delicious. I'll be returning with friends to this new neighborhood spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All good ~bdavidVIPDined on 10/27/2014A new industrial, natural light space with good food and service ~Special Features:
- Ambiance, service and food A+GuinessgirlDined on 10/23/2014We sat at the bar and had a cornucopia of beer, smoked charcuterie and oysters. Add in a delicious creamy clam chowder, pumpkin soup, and you are complete. The bartender was very knowledgeable and we were able to try an array of beer samples. My favorite is the raspberry sour port. I will definitely go back with work friends for drinks or to try a lovely dinner with my boyfriend! My recommendation is to make reservations as this place can even get packed on a Thursday night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food every timefortheloveofyumDined on 10/22/2014Consistently on point, seasonal, and just fantastic. I didn't even enjoy oysters until this summer when a group of us had dinner there, our server confidently guided us through the different varieties, and turned us all into oyster believers. A sure thing.Special Features:
- Great raw bar miss on entree/desserOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/21/2014With 13-15 types of oysters and fantastic presentation/ accoutrements the raw bar should not be missed here. The whole fish entree was delicious, however the crab cake was rather bland. The candy bar dessert was cloyingly sugary, and more like a brick. Go for the raw bar and move on for dinner elsewhere. Wonderful beer and wine selection, but no liquor. Service was a bit slow but also un- rushed. Atmosphere was looking loud and on the chilly / industrial side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehTncOwnerDined on 10/20/2014Great beer menu. So-so fish and chips. Asked for onion rings, got fries. Meh.
- Tasty hipster scenegailb1Dined on 10/14/2014Ordered the row 34 oyster and the moon shaio oyster as recommended by our water. Both were good, but it was$3 ea. had the clam chowder, very good, and the warm butter lobster roll. All was fresh and well seasoned. Just hard to get a reservation 😔Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!BostonNorthEnderVIPDined on 10/11/2014Delicious food, excellent service and vibrant ambiance. We loved it and will be back very soon.Special Features:
- Down at the end of Congress StreetOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/10/2014Down at the end of Congress Street Row 34 is easy to overlook, but great food, an ever changing draft beer selections should get you down there. The platter of grilled fall vegetables is not be missed. Makes a great side dish split between 2-4 people. Try it with the crab cakes for a real New England dinner. Real bellies on the clams in the clam roll. And the lobster tacos are a real treat!Special Features:
- Fun and lively34ABCVIPDined on 10/9/2014But a little less salt in the food would be great...Special Features:
- Great oysters!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/5/2014Try their signature row 34 oyster and anything on the raw bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Choices Galore!pandaDined on 10/3/2014Amazing oyster bar - lots of choices and very knowledgeable wait staff. Very unique extensive micro brew menu. Great for drinks after work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wait staff.jswimsDined on 9/27/2014Food was good, not impressive. Atmosphere is way cool
- Excellent foodLizDDined on 9/27/2014Excellent food and beers and wines to match. Knowledgeable staff. We had oysters, deviled crab, salmon, lobster roll, corn side dish and broccoli rabe side dish. Everything was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- murphymurphyVIPDined on 9/25/2014Had a very nice lunch Row 34. Our experience was very good and will return and try dinner.Special Features:
- As amazing as I thought.KA35Dined on 9/23/2014I kept hearing great things about Row 34, and I was dying to try it, but it's always packed. Finally had a chance to sneak in and snag a table! Server was amazing and super knowledgable, from drinks to raw bar to food - literally, best service I've had at a restaurant. If I had his name I'd give him a shout out! Beer selection is unmatched - started with a sour, then hit a few IPAs. Food was unbelievable, started with a dozen oysters, finished with lobster rolls. Person I was with had the creamy lobster roll and I had to do the warm buttery lobster roll so we could divide and review. Equally unbelievable, but the warm and buttery takes the gold! Oh, and Old Bay onion strings...holy hell. Can't wait to get back there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Res a month in advance did NOT helpClaudiaDined on 9/20/2014We had made our reservations a month ago for a party of six. When we arrived, we were placed in front of the seafood bar the high top table which did not fit a part of 6 but rather a party of 4. We were told that since I requested a hightop table, this was the best they could do. I suggest that anyone making reservations with this restaurant, make sure you specify that it is not okay to try to squeeze a party of six into a table for 4. Since the staff is young and inexperienced, they don't know better but for a person that entertains and had guests driving up from Rhode Island for dinner, it was highly insulting and very embarrassing. The food is wonderful but this restaurant has to get its act together to stay on top.
- Best lobster rollALSarsDined on 9/19/2014We were on a mission to try great lobster roll while in Boston. Row's butter lobster was unreal. Seriously, I basically cried. The service was great and pretty much everything we ate was fantastic. Highly recommend! Oh and book a reservation! We saw people off the street trying to bribe the hostess to give them a seat. You know it's good when that happens! PS - the hostess didn't take it. #classSpecial Features:
- Lives up to HypePdiddyrunsVIPDined on 9/19/2014We had early reservations on a Friday night (best we could do on short notice), but ended up sitting at the bar and having a GREAT experiece. Bartenders were attentive, engaging, VERY knowledgeable. Food was amazing. Food isn't cheap, but it is fair for the area and high quality along the lines with their sister restaurant Island Creek Oyster Bar. Highly recommend...Special Features:
- Best oysters in BostonMoffDined on 9/17/2014Absolutely loved row 34! Amazing staff and also extremely attentive. No complaints can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfect.KESundayDined on 9/17/2014A group of coworkers and I came here to celebrate the completion of a project and had a great experience. Our waiter was fantastic with endless patience (we asked every question imaginable). My only gripe is that the menu doesn't adequately describe what you're getting. I ordered the crispy oyster lettuce wraps, which came with a mystery sauce not mentioned on the menu, but were otherwise delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentTravelerDined on 9/13/2014Great food and great vibe! We were in from out of town and wanted to try something that was modern yet Boston.... This was it! Excellent wine list. A bit disappointed that they serve no hard liquor but the overall experience made up for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful raw bar!AndreaDined on 9/12/2014The Howland's Landing / Island Creek oysters and cherrystones were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 617GeoffDined on 9/10/2014The food and the service were good, the Bluefish Pate and the Gilled corn side were excellent. The oysters we amongst the best I have had, and priced about right. However the, $16 fried clam plate came with 3 fried clams! The buttered Lobster roll was very good, but perhaps a bit two much butter, and the homemade chips were crunchy, but could have used some zip. It would be better if they gave the chunky house fries with it. We also got the onion rings which were uneventful. I would come back for their excellent, but again pricey beer selection, oysters and some of the aps, but would stay away from the entrees. Try the grilled corn side, its a hidden Gem!Special Features:
- Nice vibe, good food/drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/8/2014Tuna tartare was perfect. Great beer selection. Would go again.Special Features:
- LackingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/8/2014Had high hopes but better seafood spots in Boston. Food was descent but service lacking.
- Fabulous lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014Best gazpacho and crab cake ever. Really terrific lunch on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing MealJacappaDined on 8/29/2014Row 34 is loud, but vibrant. Excellent raw bar and fantastic seafood dishes. The smoked scallops were my favorite! Interesting beers and really good wine. Lastly, the service really was outstanding making the meal all the more wonderful. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best Meals!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/29/2014Everytime I go to Row 34 I am impressed. The smoked fish is amazing! I also love the fried oyster lettuce cups (these may be the best fried oysters. The only dissipointment is that they took the shrimp sliders off the menu. I will be returning soon!Special Features:
- Great Engagement Celebration LunchAnaSVIPDined on 8/29/2014We had made this reservation a few weeks ago, right when BA announced that Row 34 was one of the contenders for best new restaurants in the U.S. Well little did I know, that our lunch date was going to turn out to be our engagement celebration lunch. They treated us amazing and the food was TOP NOTCH! I highly recommend the shrimp sliders, the tuna crudo and of course the oysters! We sat outside on a chilly August afternoon and it was perfect, everything was perfect.Special Features:
- Row 34 - tastic!Marcus1964VIPDined on 8/29/2014I have been to Row 34 several times on my own and in small and large groups. Every time it has been outstanding in terms of service, food, wine, ambiance. Everything is seamless, the flow of the restaurant is perfect. I will continue to go all the time! Very glad for my neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what a disappointmentcassandraVIPDined on 8/28/2014worst fish and chips I've had in years. terrible slow service. horrible noise level. really a bummer.
- Just so-sobostonflyboyVIPDined on 8/28/2014The space -- indoors and out -- is big and airy. While the raw seafood was great -- big selection of oysters and other sea creatures -- the other fish dishes lacked. Specifically the fried fish in the fish and chips entry were fried in a batter that resulted in a thick gooey casing surrounding the good white fish. Had to scrape the fish out to avoid fried batter. The mussel dish came with a thin broth with not that many mussels. The restaurant seems to be all about show and performance than the food.Special Features:
- seafoodABCDDined on 8/27/2014Great oysters. Upscail, lively, nice looking, tasty. I'd definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not So Hot "Hot Spot"LobsterpieVIPDined on 8/27/2014Decor is simple but elegant with a sit down, stay awhile, and have some oysters and beer feel. Service is very good. The raw bar is incredible. The main menu is standard fare such as a lobster roll, burger, etc. While the menu tries to think outside the box, the execution misses the mark. The spicy lobster tacos with mango salsa are a great example. Not spicy and the mango salsa overpowered the lobster. Fish and chips batter was bland and wet. WET. Watery fish and chips. There was a puddle on the table under the basket this was served in. More coleslaw please, the cup was tiny and it was good. Would love to try it again, but dropping a Ben Franklin on a lunch that might or might not be good isn't something I'd do willingly.Special Features: