383 Congress Street
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
Fort Point Channel
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.row34.com/
- Phone: 6175535900x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jeremy Sewall
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Row 34
Row 34 is a workingman’s oyster bar. We serve great oysters and pour unique beer in one of Boston's best neighborhoods, Fort Point.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Row 34 reviews from OpenTable diners
180 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (129)hot spot (90)neighborhood gem (74)great for lunch (61)great for outdoor dining (52)vibrant bar scene (48)good for groups (43)notable wine list (34)special occasion (32)romantic (13)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (11)great for brunch (6)scenic view (4)Show More
- Excellent foodLizDDined on 9/27/2014Excellent food and beers and wines to match. Knowledgeable staff. We had oysters, deviled crab, salmon, lobster roll, corn side dish and broccoli rabe side dish. Everything was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As amazing as I thought.KA35Dined on 9/23/2014I kept hearing great things about Row 34, and I was dying to try it, but it's always packed. Finally had a chance to sneak in and snag a table! Server was amazing and super knowledgable, from drinks to raw bar to food - literally, best service I've had at a restaurant. If I had his name I'd give him a shout out! Beer selection is unmatched - started with a sour, then hit a few IPAs. Food was unbelievable, started with a dozen oysters, finished with lobster rolls. Person I was with had the creamy lobster roll and I had to do the warm buttery lobster roll so we could divide and review. Equally unbelievable, but the warm and buttery takes the gold! Oh, and Old Bay onion strings...holy hell. Can't wait to get back there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Res a month in advance did NOT helpClaudiaDined on 9/20/2014We had made our reservations a month ago for a party of six. When we arrived, we were placed in front of the seafood bar the high top table which did not fit a part of 6 but rather a party of 4. We were told that since I requested a hightop table, this was the best they could do. I suggest that anyone making reservations with this restaurant, make sure you specify that it is not okay to try to squeeze a party of six into a table for 4. Since the staff is young and inexperienced, they don't know better but for a person that entertains and had guests driving up from Rhode Island for dinner, it was highly insulting and very embarrassing. The food is wonderful but this restaurant has to get its act together to stay on top.
- Best lobster rollALSarsDined on 9/19/2014We were on a mission to try great lobster roll while in Boston. Row's butter lobster was unreal. Seriously, I basically cried. The service was great and pretty much everything we ate was fantastic. Highly recommend! Oh and book a reservation! We saw people off the street trying to bribe the hostess to give them a seat. You know it's good when that happens! PS - the hostess didn't take it. #classSpecial Features:
- Best oysters in BostonMoffDined on 9/17/2014Absolutely loved row 34! Amazing staff and also extremely attentive. No complaints can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfect.KESundayDined on 9/17/2014A group of coworkers and I came here to celebrate the completion of a project and had a great experience. Our waiter was fantastic with endless patience (we asked every question imaginable). My only gripe is that the menu doesn't adequately describe what you're getting. I ordered the crispy oyster lettuce wraps, which came with a mystery sauce not mentioned on the menu, but were otherwise delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentTravelerDined on 9/13/2014Great food and great vibe! We were in from out of town and wanted to try something that was modern yet Boston.... This was it! Excellent wine list. A bit disappointed that they serve no hard liquor but the overall experience made up for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful raw bar!AndreaDined on 9/12/2014The Howland's Landing / Island Creek oysters and cherrystones were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 617GeoffDined on 9/10/2014The food and the service were good, the Bluefish Pate and the Gilled corn side were excellent. The oysters we amongst the best I have had, and priced about right. However the, $16 fried clam plate came with 3 fried clams! The buttered Lobster roll was very good, but perhaps a bit two much butter, and the homemade chips were crunchy, but could have used some zip. It would be better if they gave the chunky house fries with it. We also got the onion rings which were uneventful. I would come back for their excellent, but again pricey beer selection, oysters and some of the aps, but would stay away from the entrees. Try the grilled corn side, its a hidden Gem!Special Features:
- LackingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/8/2014Had high hopes but better seafood spots in Boston. Food was descent but service lacking.
- Fabulous lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014Best gazpacho and crab cake ever. Really terrific lunch on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing MealJacappaDined on 8/29/2014Row 34 is loud, but vibrant. Excellent raw bar and fantastic seafood dishes. The smoked scallops were my favorite! Interesting beers and really good wine. Lastly, the service really was outstanding making the meal all the more wonderful. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best Meals!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/29/2014Everytime I go to Row 34 I am impressed. The smoked fish is amazing! I also love the fried oyster lettuce cups (these may be the best fried oysters. The only dissipointment is that they took the shrimp sliders off the menu. I will be returning soon!Special Features:
- Great Engagement Celebration LunchAnaSVIPDined on 8/29/2014We had made this reservation a few weeks ago, right when BA announced that Row 34 was one of the contenders for best new restaurants in the U.S. Well little did I know, that our lunch date was going to turn out to be our engagement celebration lunch. They treated us amazing and the food was TOP NOTCH! I highly recommend the shrimp sliders, the tuna crudo and of course the oysters! We sat outside on a chilly August afternoon and it was perfect, everything was perfect.Special Features:
- Row 34 - tastic!Marcus1964VIPDined on 8/29/2014I have been to Row 34 several times on my own and in small and large groups. Every time it has been outstanding in terms of service, food, wine, ambiance. Everything is seamless, the flow of the restaurant is perfect. I will continue to go all the time! Very glad for my neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what a disappointmentcassandraVIPDined on 8/28/2014worst fish and chips I've had in years. terrible slow service. horrible noise level. really a bummer.
- Just so-sobostonflyboyVIPDined on 8/28/2014The space -- indoors and out -- is big and airy. While the raw seafood was great -- big selection of oysters and other sea creatures -- the other fish dishes lacked. Specifically the fried fish in the fish and chips entry were fried in a batter that resulted in a thick gooey casing surrounding the good white fish. Had to scrape the fish out to avoid fried batter. The mussel dish came with a thin broth with not that many mussels. The restaurant seems to be all about show and performance than the food.Special Features:
- seafoodABCDDined on 8/27/2014Great oysters. Upscail, lively, nice looking, tasty. I'd definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not So Hot "Hot Spot"LobsterpieVIPDined on 8/27/2014Decor is simple but elegant with a sit down, stay awhile, and have some oysters and beer feel. Service is very good. The raw bar is incredible. The main menu is standard fare such as a lobster roll, burger, etc. While the menu tries to think outside the box, the execution misses the mark. The spicy lobster tacos with mango salsa are a great example. Not spicy and the mango salsa overpowered the lobster. Fish and chips batter was bland and wet. WET. Watery fish and chips. There was a puddle on the table under the basket this was served in. More coleslaw please, the cup was tiny and it was good. Would love to try it again, but dropping a Ben Franklin on a lunch that might or might not be good isn't something I'd do willingly.Special Features:
- Worth a visitSavinbillDined on 8/26/2014Great look/ambiance, good but very expensive beer choices. Good not excellent service. Food interesting and tasty. At end of night, Price point is too high for the value you get, probably because of the cost of liquor.Special Features:
- Great Meal, Great waitresstmcd12VIPDined on 8/23/2014We have been trying to go here for a while. Everything we ordered was delicious. We got the heirloom salad, oyster lettuce wraps, oysters, blue fish and butterscotch pudding dessert. Would definitely go there again. The only drawback was that they only have beer and wine and I would have loved to have a martini.Special Features:
- What a lunch!geckogirlDined on 8/22/2014Our first experience at Row 34 was a lunch during Dine Out Boston. The special menu was very generous in its offerings, the food was terrific, the beer selection exceptional. But most of all, the service was outstanding. We'll be back soon for dinner!Special Features:
- Come for oysters, stay for wineUsefulartsVIPDined on 8/19/2014Honestly, there are few fantstic answers to any question about where to head for Boston seafood. But Row 34 is that, without taking on the middlebrow menus found in suburban chain seafood empires. Row 34 is owned by an oyster farmer and distributor -- which is evident in the range of delectable choices. The cornbread is awesome, there's an delicious range of wines which the staff treat well. But the killer app is the seafood, served smartly and without fanfare within earshot of the ocean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Had lunch outside , Monday after lunch rush. It was great. I work in restaurants and have been waiting all summer to get there. service was terrific, attentive without too much, engaging, knowledgeable of menu items. hats off to the kitchen for treating each component of menu items with integrity. Thank you for the impeccably shucked oysters!!! Really makes a difference to see them not butchered in the shell Keep up the great efforts don't lower you standards can't wait to come back for more ps lettuce cups were outstanding in simplicity and balance of flavor yumSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieVIPDined on 8/17/2014The restaurant ran out of many entrees, leaving us disappointed with very few choices.
- Deafening MusicMichelinStarHunterVIPDined on 8/14/2014Hip young place...which means expect club level music and bring 2 megaphones to communicate. We only had some appetizers (fried clams and fries) which were oily soggy, and saggy. However, the raw seafood here really shines! And the main entrees looked great at the next table. Service was extremely slow. In between dishes run to the contemporary museum and back.Special Features:
- LoveIndustrygirlDined on 8/10/2014Wonderful dining experience. Well executed dinner and amazing service. Thanks Becky!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding service and foodBlackDogs02171Dined on 8/8/2014Not that this is any surprise to those that have experienced Row 34, but the level of service here is simply outstanding. We went on the early side (it was the only reservation we could get), and had a constant flow of wait staff making sure we had everything that we needed. Excellent raw bar and the seasonal fish plates were perfectly cooked. It'd be great if they had a full drink menu, but the selection of beers were top notch (especially if you're a beer snob). They also serve Stumptown Roast, which I consider to be one of the better coffee beans and isn't a coffee that you'd typically see around the Boston area. Oyster selection was AMAZING!Special Features:
- Great oysters!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/7/2014Great place for a nice selection of local oysters and a eclectic craft beer list. And that corn soup.... amazing!! Thanks!Special Features:
- Best lobster roll in BostonNatashaODined on 8/5/2014So far, at least. Try the hot buttered lobster roll, you won't be sorry. Service was also outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively and fun and Great Food!deedsatduxDined on 8/1/2014Fresh and inventive are two adjectives that describe the menu. Our fried oysters in lettuce cups were amazing. Not greasy fried... lightly fried. The crisp snap pea salad amazing. The whole fish and striper were fresh and nicely prepared. The blue fish wasn't oily or gamey tasting but had great flavor. The oysters and cherrystones were the best we've ever had. No grit, perfect temp., great size and flavor...To top it off, the desserts were AMAZING! Butterscotch pudding was the best I've ever had and the house cookie (our table dubbed it a snickers bar) was, really, out of this world. And we hadn't expected that at all. Industrial feel, mixed ages crowd, great service. I'd go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunch spotDavidinBostonDined on 7/31/2014Met a friend at Row 34 for lunch. Nice selection and reasonably priced. Would return there again.Special Features:
- Slow lunchIrish26Dined on 7/31/2014Took a group of three clients for lunch and we were seated promptly for our noon time reservation. The wait staff was quick to greet us and take drink and raw bar orders. From here things went down hill. It took 10-15 minutes for our oysters and little necks to find the table and they beat the drinks reaching the table. We then waited another 15 to 20 minutes for the waiter to come back and take our lunch order. Again it took the food forever to get to the table, which granted was over shadowed by the quality of the food, which was outstanding. You've got to try the Ethel lobster roll!!!! Over all it just took too long to eat lunch, at over 90 minutes, it's not a place to grab a quick business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- composed plates lackingCheddarDined on 7/25/2014Raw bar was excellent with excellent quality, service and options. All the bivalves, and the smoked and crudo selections were delicious, well presented at the right temperature with excellent side sauces. I was unimpressed with the composed plates and dinner sides. While the fish was fresh and well cooked the sauces and accompanying ingredients did not work well with the fish or each other. The beer list was fantastic with good variety of unfiltered beers, ales, and cider. In future would stick to the raw bar, beer and wine selections. Very limited desert menu.Special Features:
- Great lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/24/2014Picked a friend up at Logan and headed right to restaurant for late lunch. Location was great for another few friends working downtown to join us. Food was awesome and fresh. So much on the menu I wanted to try. Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nailed itHopalongDined on 7/21/2014I'm never down this side of Boston but was at a convention and was taking some customers out. Found Row 34 reviews on line and it looked like a solid alternative to other mid range or upscale seafood restaurants around. Glad we tried them out, the food was great. We had the "Heads" special which was phenomenal if you are a little adventuresome. Very good beer selection but no liquor if you lean that way. Service was a little slow on getting started with drinks but other than that it was a good location with outdoor seating on a nice summer night.Special Features:
- Great Lobsterpjd1Dined on 7/20/2014love the high tops, the decor and energetic environment, and mostly loved the lobster.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014Impeccable oysters, tuna tartare, and mussels. Had not heard great things about the entrees, so just stuck with appetizers. Did not disappoint. $5 validated parking at the Stillings St. garage across the street.Special Features:
- Hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/18/2014Off the bath of the hustle of touristy Seaport is this neighborhood gem. I was in Boston at a conference and happened to snag the only available reservation for 2 diners early on a Friday night. The place delivered. The service was seamless and the cerviche was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- row 34GrandmaDined on 7/13/2014I wanted fried oysters. It was my birthday. as a tourist we reliied on the menu. Thhe food was good . The noise level 'very high even tho we werre outside Recognizing my birthday a plus. Thè sides were unusual..I was too old for this place.Special Features: