383 Congress Street
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
Fort Point Channel
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.row34.com/
- Phone: 6175535900x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jeremy Sewall
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Row 34
Row 34 is a workingman’s oyster bar. We serve great oysters and pour unique beer in one of Boston's best neighborhoods, Fort Point.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Row 34 reviews from OpenTable diners
180 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (123)hot spot (90)neighborhood gem (79)great for lunch (61)vibrant bar scene (57)good for groups (47)special occasion (42)great for outdoor dining (36)notable wine list (35)romantic (15)kid-friendly (12)late-night find (12)great for brunch (8)scenic view (7)Show More
- Not So Hot "Hot Spot"LobsterpieVIPDined on 8/27/2014Decor is simple but elegant with a sit down, stay awhile, and have some oysters and beer feel. Service is very good. The raw bar is incredible. The main menu is standard fare such as a lobster roll, burger, etc. While the menu tries to think outside the box, the execution misses the mark. The spicy lobster tacos with mango salsa are a great example. Not spicy and the mango salsa overpowered the lobster. Fish and chips batter was bland and wet. WET. Watery fish and chips. There was a puddle on the table under the basket this was served in. More coleslaw please, the cup was tiny and it was good. Would love to try it again, but dropping a Ben Franklin on a lunch that might or might not be good isn't something I'd do willingly.Special Features:
- Worth a visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Great look/ambiance, good but very expensive beer choices. Good not excellent service. Food interesting and tasty. At end of night, Price point is too high for the value you get, probably because of the cost of liquor.Special Features:
- Great Meal, Great waitresstmcd12VIPDined on 8/23/2014We have been trying to go here for a while. Everything we ordered was delicious. We got the heirloom salad, oyster lettuce wraps, oysters, blue fish and butterscotch pudding dessert. Would definitely go there again. The only drawback was that they only have beer and wine and I would have loved to have a martini.Special Features:
- What a lunch!geckogirlDined on 8/22/2014Our first experience at Row 34 was a lunch during Dine Out Boston. The special menu was very generous in its offerings, the food was terrific, the beer selection exceptional. But most of all, the service was outstanding. We'll be back soon for dinner!Special Features:
- Come for oysters, stay for wineUsefulartsVIPDined on 8/19/2014Honestly, there are few fantstic answers to any question about where to head for Boston seafood. But Row 34 is that, without taking on the middlebrow menus found in suburban chain seafood empires. Row 34 is owned by an oyster farmer and distributor -- which is evident in the range of delectable choices. The cornbread is awesome, there's an delicious range of wines which the staff treat well. But the killer app is the seafood, served smartly and without fanfare within earshot of the ocean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Had lunch outside , Monday after lunch rush. It was great. I work in restaurants and have been waiting all summer to get there. service was terrific, attentive without too much, engaging, knowledgeable of menu items. hats off to the kitchen for treating each component of menu items with integrity. Thank you for the impeccably shucked oysters!!! Really makes a difference to see them not butchered in the shell Keep up the great efforts don't lower you standards can't wait to come back for more ps lettuce cups were outstanding in simplicity and balance of flavor yumSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieVIPDined on 8/17/2014The restaurant ran out of many entrees, leaving us disappointed with very few choices.
- Deafening MusicMichelinStarHunterVIPDined on 8/14/2014Hip young place...which means expect club level music and bring 2 megaphones to communicate. We only had some appetizers (fried clams and fries) which were oily soggy, and saggy. However, the raw seafood here really shines! And the main entrees looked great at the next table. Service was extremely slow. In between dishes run to the contemporary museum and back.Special Features:
- LoveIndustrygirlDined on 8/10/2014Wonderful dining experience. Well executed dinner and amazing service. Thanks Becky!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding service and foodBlackDogs02171Dined on 8/8/2014Not that this is any surprise to those that have experienced Row 34, but the level of service here is simply outstanding. We went on the early side (it was the only reservation we could get), and had a constant flow of wait staff making sure we had everything that we needed. Excellent raw bar and the seasonal fish plates were perfectly cooked. It'd be great if they had a full drink menu, but the selection of beers were top notch (especially if you're a beer snob). They also serve Stumptown Roast, which I consider to be one of the better coffee beans and isn't a coffee that you'd typically see around the Boston area. Oyster selection was AMAZING!Special Features:
- Great oysters!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/7/2014Great place for a nice selection of local oysters and a eclectic craft beer list. And that corn soup.... amazing!! Thanks!Special Features:
- Best lobster roll in BostonNatashaODined on 8/5/2014So far, at least. Try the hot buttered lobster roll, you won't be sorry. Service was also outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively and fun and Great Food!deedsatduxDined on 8/1/2014Fresh and inventive are two adjectives that describe the menu. Our fried oysters in lettuce cups were amazing. Not greasy fried... lightly fried. The crisp snap pea salad amazing. The whole fish and striper were fresh and nicely prepared. The blue fish wasn't oily or gamey tasting but had great flavor. The oysters and cherrystones were the best we've ever had. No grit, perfect temp., great size and flavor...To top it off, the desserts were AMAZING! Butterscotch pudding was the best I've ever had and the house cookie (our table dubbed it a snickers bar) was, really, out of this world. And we hadn't expected that at all. Industrial feel, mixed ages crowd, great service. I'd go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunch spotDavidinBostonDined on 7/31/2014Met a friend at Row 34 for lunch. Nice selection and reasonably priced. Would return there again.Special Features:
- Slow lunchIrish26Dined on 7/31/2014Took a group of three clients for lunch and we were seated promptly for our noon time reservation. The wait staff was quick to greet us and take drink and raw bar orders. From here things went down hill. It took 10-15 minutes for our oysters and little necks to find the table and they beat the drinks reaching the table. We then waited another 15 to 20 minutes for the waiter to come back and take our lunch order. Again it took the food forever to get to the table, which granted was over shadowed by the quality of the food, which was outstanding. You've got to try the Ethel lobster roll!!!! Over all it just took too long to eat lunch, at over 90 minutes, it's not a place to grab a quick business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- composed plates lackingCheddarDined on 7/25/2014Raw bar was excellent with excellent quality, service and options. All the bivalves, and the smoked and crudo selections were delicious, well presented at the right temperature with excellent side sauces. I was unimpressed with the composed plates and dinner sides. While the fish was fresh and well cooked the sauces and accompanying ingredients did not work well with the fish or each other. The beer list was fantastic with good variety of unfiltered beers, ales, and cider. In future would stick to the raw bar, beer and wine selections. Very limited desert menu.Special Features:
- Great lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/24/2014Picked a friend up at Logan and headed right to restaurant for late lunch. Location was great for another few friends working downtown to join us. Food was awesome and fresh. So much on the menu I wanted to try. Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nailed itHopalongDined on 7/21/2014I'm never down this side of Boston but was at a convention and was taking some customers out. Found Row 34 reviews on line and it looked like a solid alternative to other mid range or upscale seafood restaurants around. Glad we tried them out, the food was great. We had the "Heads" special which was phenomenal if you are a little adventuresome. Very good beer selection but no liquor if you lean that way. Service was a little slow on getting started with drinks but other than that it was a good location with outdoor seating on a nice summer night.Special Features:
- Great Lobsterpjd1Dined on 7/20/2014love the high tops, the decor and energetic environment, and mostly loved the lobster.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014Impeccable oysters, tuna tartare, and mussels. Had not heard great things about the entrees, so just stuck with appetizers. Did not disappoint. $5 validated parking at the Stillings St. garage across the street.Special Features:
- Hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/18/2014Off the bath of the hustle of touristy Seaport is this neighborhood gem. I was in Boston at a conference and happened to snag the only available reservation for 2 diners early on a Friday night. The place delivered. The service was seamless and the cerviche was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- row 34GrandmaDined on 7/13/2014I wanted fried oysters. It was my birthday. as a tourist we reliied on the menu. Thhe food was good . The noise level 'very high even tho we werre outside Recognizing my birthday a plus. Thè sides were unusual..I was too old for this place.Special Features:
- Best Fish Ever...possiblywmidoj1Dined on 7/11/2014I was over the top happy with this dining experience. Everything from the friendliness of the person who called to confirm the reservation to the bartender who cheerfully helped select a bottle of rose to the most amazing bluefish I've ever had. Not to mention awesome oysters, warm lobster roll, snap pea salad and onion rings. I already have plans to go back.Special Features:
- Great new spotLateNightDinerDined on 7/9/2014Had a wonderful late weeknight dinner as only reservation we could get was 9:30pm. Beautiful space with a hopping atmosphere. Food was yummy, especially the smoked seafood sampler and the lobster rolls. Our table had both the butter poached and creamy rolls. Everyone loved them. Hopefully, next time we can get an earlier reservation. Left at 11:45pm with very full stomaches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Boston restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/9/2014We have been to Row 34 many times and love it! We recently went with a family member who is a self proclaimed wine snob. The server was great. She knew her stuff and recommended and excellent wine.Special Features:
- Just amazingBostonstrongVIPDined on 7/7/2014Freshest seafood I have ever tasted. Outstanding in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotMce303VIPDined on 7/7/2014We had a great lunch at Row 34 - the oyster cups and the crab cake were fabulous. Attentive and friendly service as well. This is a terrific restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way way to loud!!!!BostondinerVIPDined on 7/5/2014This was our second visit and while the food is good, location great - the music is WAY WAY to LOUD!! No one could hear and we wound up shouting the entire time. Will not go again - sadly.
- Great MealfoodforthoughtDined on 7/4/2014We had a late (9:30) reservation on a holiday and I was expecting the restaurant to be busy and our meal slightly hurried. While the restaurant was busy, our meal was calm, the service was great, and it was never too loud. The food was great, I would recommend this place to anyone who loves seafood!Special Features:
- Raw Bar, Beer List Stands OutOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 7/4/2014Excellent raw bar, nice limited menu, amazing beer list in an "industrial chic" bustling (noisy) atmosphere. Service is excellent... staff has a great attitude. Valet parking would be a nice addition.
- "Neptune" without the waitjacksbkVIPDined on 6/30/2014Seafood is everywhere in Boston, Row 34 takes it to another level.. The oyster and clam choices are fresh and there are many from which to choose. The dinner options are varied and reflect whatever is in season. The Striped Bass with faro and fava beans I had was as good as I have ever been served. The room is large, open and convivial. The beer list is comprehensive. The wine list works well with the food. Spirits and cocktails are not available. This is a restaurant that should be around for many years. This was my third visit and the first with my two young grandsons. They very much enjoyed the scene, were treated correctly and ate accordingly. The ten year old tried his first oyster and asked for seconds.Special Features:
- a wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2014My fiancee and I just got engaged that day and I planned a special dinner with us and our friends. They were there when we arrived and had champagne waiting for us! We ordered more drinks; they took a bit of time to arrive. We ordered oysters and a few appetizers but only the oysters arrived, no appetizers. We asked the waiter for other appetizers and still did not receive them. We did not bigger to make a fuss about it because the oysters turned out to he enough before our meals. The meals were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid place! Try it for yourselfskrebelDined on 6/27/2014Great restaurant, great service, great food, but for personal preferences just not my go to place for seafood. I would recommend this place for others to try for themselves. Also happy to hear comments on what other people think... Had the following items: Raw Oysters - Loved them, can never go wrong with Island Creek and the Row 34 oysters were great. Spicy mignonette was one of the best I ever had. Snapper Ceviche - Solid dish but thought the flavors from the mango and grilled pineapple were a bit overwhelming. Creamy Lobster Roll - Again solid, had a lot of lobster but end of the day I'm a bit of a minimalist when it comes to lobster rolls and I wasn't a fan of the chopped onions or the chopped pickles.Special Features:
- Fresh seafood, modern atmosphereMelanheadDined on 6/27/2014My mom, from WI, wanted one thing during her visit to Boston/New England: a lobster roll. At Row 34 we had two lobster roll options with homemade, super-crisp potato chips and free sparkling water. She loved the warm buttered lobster roll and I devoured my crab cake with corn salsa. I will definitely be going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food good ambienceFishDined on 6/25/2014They are always friendly and have a great beer selection.Special Features:
- Good Seafood, Needs More Smoke!marojaleDined on 6/20/2014Came here at the suggestion of a waiter at Neptune Oyster as a place to find some smoked seafood, was disappointed to only find two smoked items on the raw menu, smoked tuna salad and smoked scallop. Both were very good, but was hoping to find more variety as I haven't seen it anywhere else in Boston. The rest of the raw selection was good, comparable to the rest of the places in Boston, and the entrees were good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Craft beer and oysters?? YES PLEASEDrDTDined on 6/20/2014You won't be disappointed. We arrived about 20 minutes before our reservation (& before the restaurant opened...oops), so we sat at the bar and discovered that it is also a craft beer place. The hostess and bartender were incredibly gracious and made excellent recommendations. Once sat at our table, we ordered oysters from the raw bar, clam chowder, half a lobster, the tuna tacos, tuna crudo, and smoked trout pate. All very very good. Made for an excellent lunch. Even better that it is located next to Trillium Brewing Company where you can buy freshly poured growlers and bottles of locally brewed craft beer to go. I would definitely recommend Row 34 to others.Special Features:
- A great addition to Boston diningCohBDined on 6/17/2014A beer list to satisfy and intrigue the most meticulous of beer geeks. A raw bar bounty, highlighted by a spectacular oyster selection, to please the most sophisticated piscavores. A full menu, heavy on the local seafood, to sate the tentative diner (great fried clams, lobster rolls, burgers) or the gourmet adventurer (crudos, ceviches, and beautifully cooked seafood). All wrapped in a very hip, bustling warehouse space with an enthusiastic and charming staff. I aspire to become a regular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oysters!MickyMVIPDined on 6/16/2014Great oysters and the waiter did a nice job recommending wine and beer pairings that complimented the flavor.Special Features:
- They know their seafoodValaniVIPDined on 6/16/2014I went on a business lunch with someone who doesn't like salmon. I ordered the salmon and he decided to give it a try. We both LOVED it. He told our waitress that it was the best salmon he'd had. My only wish is that they served a big salad for lunch. It would go so well with the oyster/lettuce wraps which are fantastic. Can't wait for the outdoor patio to open!Special Features: