2808 East Madison Street
Seattle, WA 98112Neighborhood:
Leschi / Madrona / Madison Park
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thechefinthehat.com/rovers/
- Phone: 2063257442
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday-Thursday 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday-Saturday 5:00pm-10:00pm, Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Thierry Rautureau
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Chef in the Hat will travel, so remember Rover’s when planning a catered event, a private cooking demonstration in your home, or a luncheon at your office.
For more information regarding private events, catering options, or to arrange a private tour of the dining room, please call: Scot Smith
Phone: (206) 325-7442
- Private Party Facilities: Private Events & Catering
Every detail of a Rover’s private event is personalized to help you entertain your guests in elegance. From social occasions to corporate functions, we take great pride in executing flawless events.
The entire restaurant is available for private events for up to 66 guests and the private dining room is available for up to 24 guests (20 if a presentation is required). DSL Internet access and, presentation resources, including an LCD projector and screen are available on site. A cocktail reception with tray passed hors d’oeuvres can be available for up to 75 guests. Our rooms are also available for daytime conferences and meetings.
The Chef in the Hat will travel, so remember Rover’s when planning a catered event, a private cooking demonstration in your home, or a luncheon at your office.
Custom Flower Arrangements
Customized Menus and Wine Pairing
- Private Party Contact: Scot Smith 2063257442
- Special Events: Visit our website for more information on our upcoming events: www.thechefinthehat.com/rovers.
A word from Rover's
Rover's Restaurant is internationally recognized as the finest table in the Seattle area. Rover's offers a relaxed dining experience of the highest culinary caliber. You can expect ever-professional service, and an award winning wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rover's reviews from OpenTable diners
- Rover's was amazing! Sad toSASSVIPDined on 6/20/2013Rover's was amazing! Sad to see them close after all these years - but looking forward to what new ventures will hold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was a bit slow thisToniDined on 6/8/2013Service was a bit slow this time. It took almost 10-15 min or so for our waiter to swing by with our menu. Couple starter dishes weren't up to par compared to all our other previous visits. Will come back again before this great restaurant closes its door. Overall, we always have great time with outstanding food at Rovers.Special Features:
- A special nightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/8/2013We have always planned to make to Rover's and were very sad to hear that the Chef in the Hat closing the restaurant this year! However, we were thrilled to finally make it there for a very special birthday dinner -- that more than exceeded our expectations. The staff & chef accommodated out 'pescatarian' food requirements and subbed in some vegetarian and fish dishes for two of the courses. The entire meal was unbelievably delectable, delightfully presented and we enjoyed the wine flights that accompanied each course. The staffing was impeccable and we enjoyed our short visit with the Chef/owner at the end of the evening. We highly recommend this restaurant for foodies and romantics -- it is a treasure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome frech dinnerAnnaLDined on 5/25/2013amazing, fantastic, worth price, already made reservation for next time because it is going to close for a whileSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemorableOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/22/2013My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary at Rover's and it was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over the topGrrrrrrrrlfVIPDined on 5/19/2013We had an overabundance of food--all very tasty. The restaurant goes out of its way to please, but it was too much food. it was our first time dining there, and perhaps the server should have advised us on portions. We did indicate that it was our anniversary, but the restaurant did nothing on our behalf to note the celebration. Wine was excellent. The chef came out to greet everyone who was still dining. This was a one-time deal for us.we are curious to try Lucs next door and also owned by the same chef.Special Features:
- No Words to Really Describe Rover'sOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 5/18/2013We were honored to get a reservation during the last few weeks of Rover's existence and it was absolutely perfect. Each course better than the last. The highlight - getting some "Top Chef" secrets from Thierry. We'll miss you but looking forward to your new adventure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What shame Rovers is closing.tippyVIPDined on 5/16/2013What shame Rovers is closing. It has been, and still is, the best in all respects. A great loss to the Seattle dining scene. Thank you Rovers for all the great years.Special Features:
- I am so sorry it's closingMyReviewVIPDined on 5/12/2013I adore the chef in the hat and all of his staff! I am so sorry they are planning to close!! Rover's is authentic and approachable excellence!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experience the gemTimberDined on 5/10/2013What a wonderful experience ! Very glad to be able to experience this fine restaurant before it closes (the chef is starting another project restaurant soon). Food is top notch and complimented by superb attentive service. Chef Thierry was very hospitable and takes the time to go around and greet his guests at every table. We will look forward to his next project in the food world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining experience for foodiessirilinneaVIPDined on 5/10/2013Rover's is the best dining experience for foodies. The food is incredible. Get: Either the 5-course or 8-course tasting menus. Add on the Scrambled Egg and Caviar (you will thank me later). The menus are beautiful and delicious. We had Oysters, Caviar, Smoked black cod, Wagyu Beef and a Sour cream soufflé and chocolate pot de creme for dessert. Rover's last day is June 23rd, so you should make your dinner reservations NOW, before it is too late.Special Features:
- The BEST!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/9/2013Dining at Rover's is a tribute to what is possible when a world reknown chef is at work! It isn't dining...it is a spiritual experience involving divine creations where each bite delights! It has been SUCH a pleasure dining at Rover's throughout the years. We look forward to his next creation.Special Features:
- Sorry to see you go, Rover'sfoodie90210VIPDined on 5/5/2013I've visited Rover's maybe five times - always for a special occasion. The service is impeccable, the food excellent and beautifully presented (and local!). I love this experience - it's a treat for me since I am a self-proclaimed foodie and worth every penny. For those who don't love food and are cost conscience (like my B-I-L who was with us), probably not for you. I am sorry to see this institution go; I don't know anything comparable in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A dining adventure!MrsMorenoDined on 5/4/2013The food was fantastic, very unique items. Wait staff was helpful when we had questions or butchered the French menu. The chef came out and chatted. He's a sweetheart. It was really a special experienceSpecial Features:
- 1987japhyjonesDined on 5/3/2013I can only imagine the excitement Rover's caused in the 80's... 2013 still a fair experience, but for the $$$ it just doesn't cut it. It's more about excess than refinement. The dishes are true to the French experience, but the wine pairing were not balanced. The service was probably a symphony in 1987, but have they not looked to improve... Have they not looked to improve everything.. I can appreciate the nostalgia factor, but I felt like I went back to the future.Special Features:
- We had the BEST dinner ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/1/2013We had the BEST dinner ever! Our first time at Rovers and unfortunately they will be closing soon to open up a new restaurant. We will be the first in line for that reservation when the news comes out. Can't wait for that to happen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WHOA - what an amazing experience!CharlieZVIPDined on 4/28/2013WOW - lived up to all the hype and so much more. PLEASE GO before this wonderful place closes its doors in June.Special Features:
- It is always a pleasure toOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/28/2013It is always a pleasure to dine at this wonderful restaurant that captures the abundance of northwest ingredients with a french twist and without heavy sauces. The service was relaxed but attentive and the cuisine was as visually appealing as it was savory. We will miss this memorable dining spot.Special Features:
- An amazing night with harmoniousandreajeancDined on 4/26/2013An amazing night with harmonious food and wine. One of the best dining experiences I have ever had. So sorry to see this lovely place leave us.Special Features:
- Overall excellent, as I'mOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/19/2013Overall excellent, as I'm sure isn't surprising to anyone familiar with this local bastion of culinary delight. Food was perfection, with smooth, warm, amd efficient service. Docked them a bit on ambience because it was extremely loud, mostly due to a very...rambunctious group of about 10. At times they were so loud as to make conversation with my date impossible. I understand the sticky situation for the restaurant, as getting the loud diners to pipe down could easily have ticked them off much more than it would have pleased other tables to have reduced noise.Special Features:
- Very friendly and accommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/18/2013Very friendly and accommodating (we were stuck in traffic and half an hour late for reservation). Food was extraordinary - many tastes we had not tasted before. Sad it will be closing, but look forward to the new restaurant. And thank you for having just a one-page questionnaire :)Special Features:
- The perfect restaurant forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/17/2013The perfect restaurant for a low key special occasion!Special Features:
- We wanted to get in beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/16/2013We wanted to get in before they closed. The food was great and the service was very attentive. The location is small, and as always, parking isn't easy.Special Features:
- Outstanding. We think itAnonVIPDined on 4/14/2013Outstanding. We think it is second only to French Laundry in quality of food and flexibility.
- Such a lovely treasure. AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/7/2013Such a lovely treasure. Always a '10' experience. Sad that it will be closing.Special Features:
- Edible Masterpieces!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/7/2013Absolutely priceless. The food, the service, the overall experience cannot be marked with a price tag. It was truely a privilege to consume such beautiful and delicate art. The Chef is a Da Vinci that captures your senses to another level!Special Features:
- Get there while you can!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/6/2013Amazing, innovative food, lovely, comfortable atmosphere, attentive staff without being intrusive. Our group of four had a a great time. This is a Seattle landmark. Get there while you can, as they will close in June. They will be missed.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and ambiance!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/6/2013Outstanding food and ambiance! I would have said that the service was outstanding, but in the middle of our server's little speech about the menu, I interrupted (politely) to ask a question and he said "Let me finish". Perhaps if he loses his train of thought he cannot return to his description of the menu, but I felt it was not the way I should be treated.Special Features:
- DO YOU HAVE TO CLOSE?OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2013great place to have a nice dinner with great service. I will hate to see the restaurant close at the end of june. the food was out of this world and the portions were just the right size.Special Features:
- So sad that Rover's is goingAbovetheNormVIPDined on 4/4/2013So sad that Rover's is going away, but they are going out in style. The food wasn't off even a bit. If anything, it was even better than usual. That foie gras course this time... WOW! I can't wait to see what Chef Rautureau does next, but I hope he brings all of the amazing talent from Rover's with him. Chef Rob is a master, Scott is the best Sommelier/Front of House person I've ever seen, and the wait-staff are all wonderful folk. Going to Rover's is like going home, and it's the people there who make it what it is. Chef has, in my estimation, the best staff in the city. Some might think the nice guy act on TV isn't real, but you can tell by the people Chef Thierry chooses around him that it's completely genuine.Special Features:
- The grand tasting was amazing.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/3/2013The grand tasting was amazing. Very, very good food. Spot on flavors. Classic, traditional. Best foie I've ever had!Special Features:
- Exceptional food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/2/2013Exceptional food and service. Our wait staff explained our dishes and offered tips on how to enjoy our experience, without being condescending - made us very comfortable. Will be back!Special Features:
- great food, great service,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/2/2013great food, great service, great wine/drinks. A perfect evening for sure.Special Features:
- Outstanding food, wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2013Outstanding food, wonderful atmosphere, and super friendly and helpful staff. The menu is impressive with three different pre fixed options, but the chef is very accommodating with requests for substitutions or omissions for dietary reasons. If you are looking for a very classy establishment with all of the frills of a classical French restaurant with the air of pretentiousness, this is THE place.Special Features:
- Another fabulous dinner atfood1234Dined on 3/30/2013Another fabulous dinner at Rovers. So sad to see it close.Special Features:
- A Delicious FarewellmarconelliDined on 3/27/2013Our dinner at Rover's was one of the finest dining experiences we've ever had. We opted for the Grand Degustation with wine pairings, a dazzling array of small courses each served with an appropriately paired wine. The courses were imaginatively conceived, brilliantly executed, and graciously served. Rover's has never disappointed, but on this (bittersweet) occasion, it was at its very best. Bittersweet, because within the next few months Rover's will end it 25-year run. It will be sad to say goodbye to Seattle's finest restaurant.Special Features:
- Sad it's gone but . . .DwayneVDined on 3/27/2013I can't wait to try his new venture in the downtown shopping district!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointment!MDandHVIPDined on 3/26/2013We were disappointed in Rovers menu, food and service! Also, nowhere to park! It wasn't at all what we expected. Since it's closing soon, not a great loss.
- Amazing!! This place alwaysWillBVIPDined on 3/22/2013Amazing!! This place always delivers, food and service are exceptional. So sad that it is closing.Special Features:
- We had a fabulous dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/22/2013We had a fabulous dinner! The service was excellant and very friendly! We loved everything about the evening!Special Features: