1915 Ponce de Leon
Coral Gables, FL 33134Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://route9miami.com/
- Phone: 3055699009
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Christopher Paciolla
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Route 9
Awarded 3 stars by the Miami Herald and voted "Best Restaurant in Coral Gables" by the Miami New Times, Route 9 is a quaint gem in the heart of one of the city"s favorite neighborhoods. Come in for chef-driven cuisine in an unpretentious, homey environment. Also visit our other restaurant Exit 1 in Key Biscayne.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Route 9 - Best Restaurants in Coral Gables ›
Route 9 reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (18)great for brunch (15)good for groups (10)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (5)special occasion (5)romantic (3)late-night find (2)notable wine list (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Well kept secret!MtikaDined on 8/24/2014Excellent food, nice ambiance, good service. What else can you ask for when you walk in a Sunday brunch and don't have to wait. Awesome French today and best Brussels! Will return!Special Features:
- good food, horrible friessmithotDined on 8/15/2014We love this restaurant. Two of us had the R9 burger and my wife had the skirt steak. All plates had fries. The fires were burned beyond recognition. The burgers and skirt steak were nicely prepared. Service was very good. The place filled up while we were there and the staff shifted gears and managed the floor with elegant aplomb.Special Features:
- How Come I Didn't Dine Here SooneJPDinerDined on 7/26/2014I have wanted to dine at Route 9 from the first time I read the Miami Herald's review .......last weekend we had close friends in from out of town who wanted to dine at a restaurant that "wasn't part of a chain"......- we added an extra person at the last minute, and the menu had something to please everyone's taste buds from roasted vegetables (for the vegan among us - the leftovers of which went into a salad the next day), to a skirt steak that was divine - and desserts were top notch. I intend to be a regular.Special Features:
- Route 9 - quality foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/10/2014As always - even though the menu doesn't change very often, the food was great. I happen to always order the pappardelli with oxtail and my wife usually orders the salmon. Both great preps. The owner always comes by the table to ask questions and suggestions. Very nice restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Service ExcellentQ314Dined on 6/22/2014All of our food (party of 7) was really good. Thought the drinks, mimosas etc., were kind of expensive at $10, but overall check was not bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good place for lunch!fnodalDined on 5/29/2014Must try the Pulled pork sandwich and the white beans soup. Will most likely visit again when back in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/23/2014Always changing and interesting menu, and a great craft beer selection. Our favorite place in Miami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed in foodjillbermanVIPDined on 5/20/2014We chose this restaurant as it was ranked as having a great burger. The burger consists of two thin patties which cannot readily be prepared other than medium. The meat is heavily seasoned, to the point of not tasting like a burger. Other dishes were oversalted. The service was friendly and helpful and I'm sure had we objected they would have made adjustments, but we did not feel like getting into it.
- Excellent Brunchmw45140Dined on 5/11/2014Excellent alternative to the big buffet brunch. Food was very good, services was attentive, what else would you want. Will go back again.Special Features:
- Best brunch!!!MarkVIPDined on 5/11/2014We love going to Route 9 for dinner. The food is unique and outstanding and Jeremy always makes us feel welcome. With no great ideas for Mother's Day, I decided to take my wife and the kids here for Sunday brunch because we heard that the bacon sticky buns (yep, bacon!) are great. Well, it did not disappoint. The whole pastry basket was outstanding, according to the entire family, ages 5-50. The food for the entire meal was great--the chilaquiles, the bennys, the fresh juices (and the bellinis). Every plate was licked clean (did I mention all three of my kids loved it?). Don't wait--you don't want to miss this treat in the Gables.Special Features:
- Very accommodatingLuvBrunchDined on 5/11/2014Staff was very nice. My sister accidentally ordered something that was not vegan (they already prepared it) and they replaced her plate with something else free of charge. Very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great way to spend an evening!BlockheadsDined on 5/10/2014Always enjoy Route 9! When taking our friends there they are so happy to go to a new place where the food is great at reasonable prices! A great beer selection too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 61 reviews are from the Route 9 reviews archive.
- Route 9 now on my map!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014I had the pleasure of dining here for Easter brunch with my girlfriend & daughter. Simply put; the food was amazing and the bottomless Mimosas kept a silly grin on my face the whole time. Bravo to the couple who own the restaurant. Can't wait to go back and try different things.Special Features:
- The many times I have goneFranciaVIPDined on 4/11/2014The many times I have gone I have had a very fine experience with the food. I highly recomend it.Special Features:
- Brussels sprouts should beOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/11/2014Brussels sprouts should be crispier. Rib dish was a bit dry. Fish taco needed more sauce. Otherwise was terrific and would go again.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprised!SoniamiamiDined on 4/6/2014A friend told me about Route 9 but she had only had dessert and I was looking for a new place to have breakfast but I decided to go. The YELP reviews were all well deserved. Great food,great ambiance,great service-great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch. Attentive service.GoPlaces4foodDined on 3/30/2014Great brunch. Attentive service. Favorites were the pastries, American Eggs Benedict (with Pulled Pork), the Chiliquilles, and the Gouda cheese grits. Accommodated a party of 11 for brunch with no problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2014Maple bacon sticky buns are to die for. Get two! Service was a bit inattentive but good. Love the foodie quotes on the wall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the bowl menu and theCosmoVIPDined on 3/7/2014Loved the bowl menu and the desserts were very homemade and outstanding! The best key lime pie ever. Our server was the owner so He was very knowledgeable about what to try. He even gave us one free dessert To try since he was so proud of them. We will be back.Special Features:
- Will go again!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/22/2014The food was outstanding, this was our second time there, it won't be our last....Special Features:
- Our favorite neighborhood gemJasmineDined on 1/11/2014Route 9 remains at the top of our list. The food is very good, the owners, Jeremy and Paola, always make us feel so welcome, service is excellent -- always accomodates if we are pressed for time. It's a relaxed, comfortable environment for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- even betterOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/30/2013we've always enjoyed this restaurant, but the menu just keeps getting better and better as does the food. the owner is gracious and knowledgable and this is a lovely unpretentious restaurant that we will continue to dine at.Special Features:
- Really bad experienceMMRBDined on 11/3/2013We picked this restaurant for my birthday. It seemed to have good reviews. We thought it would be nice to have a nice Sunday brunch. Our table was ready but it took a while for the waiter to come to us. Finally, he took our order and after being there for an hour we had no food on the table. We had 4 starving kids who got in a bad mood. We had ordered lemonades for the kids and they brought some water with maybe a drop of lemon. Awful! No one came to the table to check on us or to at least to offer something in the meantime. For sure we'll never go back. What a disappointment!
- Nice informal place to dineSandyDined on 11/1/2013Great tomato soup and interesting salads and sides. Could use some more vegetarian entreesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The good stuffRoute66Dined on 10/22/2013This was my second time at Route 9 - in the same week. I went the week prior just as they had changed a few things on the menu and had to go back to try a few things I had missed. The grouper wrapped in phyllo dough was by far the best of all the dishes we ordered. It was a special that day so if you ever see or hear it on the menu, don't hesitate to order it. The Banana Cream Pie was without a doubt one of the best Banana Cream Pies I have ever had. Just note that is not a slice, it comes in a ramekin with different layers of goodness. The service was great. Jeremy and his staff were incredibly attentive and happy to answer any and all questions about the menu. Good people, happy to bring you a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real food, friendly teamHamsiVIPDined on 10/11/2013Route 9 continues to excel as a neighborhood gem: wonderful food (you can tell someone is having fun in the kitchen) and consistently friendly and helpful staff make this a place we look forward to visiting regularly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatByrdDined on 10/5/2013Had a great meal with 2 other couples - always fun and some thing different!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, againRobertVIPDined on 9/29/2013We have been to Route 9 many times. It is a terrific place to dine with family and friends. Service is excellent. Food is excellent. An interesting menu that is prepared wonderfully. We typically order different entrees and all are great. We are coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favoriteJasmineDined on 9/27/2013We always enjoy a meal with Jeremy and Paola at Route 9. The food is very good, it's a very relaxed environment, and they always make their guests feel so welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy & charming brunch spot to try!Diva55Dined on 9/15/2013We went for brunch with my girlfriends and had some fantastic service and really delicious food. The biscuits were huge and not to be missed! The prices were also very reasonable. Definitely recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Date SpotmiamigatorDined on 9/13/2013It's a perfect date night place. Quiet, soft lighting, and very yummy. Can be a bit pricey but you get what you pay for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodMiriamVIPDined on 9/7/2013We have visited Route 9 twice in the last few months. Each visit was favorable, with great food and a nice quiet ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellnt Service Matches Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/28/2013Everything was excellent. We got some appetizers for the table to share--crab cakes, chorizo fig newton, and pulled pork arepas--and the table ordered a variety of entrees. The oven roasted pork chop is a personal favorite, but I opted for the daily special--lamb t-bones--and was very satisfied with my choice. The short rib pappardelle and poached salmon are also very good. The desserts were tasty, and the wine list has good variety with some inexpensive options. They also have a great craft beer selection. We've been a few times and we'll continue coming back. The service is very personable and friendly, and the food is as good as you'll find in Coral Gables.Special Features:
- Thank you Route 9!GerryDined on 8/27/2013The food and friendly service at Route 9 are very special! Our family likes to support new, small businesses....we are one ourselves! I used as a title for this review of thanking them because I am happy that they are part of our community. Gerry SmithSpecial Features:
- The thing most special is the PRICESRRHRDined on 8/17/2013First time there. Menu choices seemed good. The prices high. The atmosphere way too basic.The first bread basket was stale. The side vegetable portions too small for the cost (comparing to those at steak restaurants ).Recipes interesting though. I ordered tuna medium rare and it came out medium . My husband had what they called paella, and it was burnt . We didn't have time to send it back , but that is very disappointing to say the least. The bill came to $50 per person ( plus tip , and we gave too much !),and there was only one dessert for a table of 4, and only 2 vegetables for 4 to share. We stayed to enjoy our good friends' company. Potential , but very disappointed.Special Features:
- Route Nine all around goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2013Route Nine is consistently delicious. We have dinner there often and the pricing is reasonable in addition to the food being always tasty. Weekday lunch is a really great option, especially for groups. The lunch price point for nearly every lunch item on the menu is $10.00. Can't beat that even at a fast food restaurant. Highly recommend this restaurant for lunch or dinner. And, by the way, they serve a delicious brunch on the weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wednesday Dinner outingOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/17/2013My husband and I went to Route 9 on Wedneaday with another couple. We arrived at 8:30 the restaurant was quiet only 2 other tables were occupied. Our food was delicious we had the must tomatoe soup and pot of mussels to begin. We shared the salmon with cream corn delicious! But the best was the new molton lava cake with cherry sauce OMG! We ordered 2! Over all a great place!Special Features:
- route 9luv2dineVIPDined on 7/5/2013average. nothing outstanding.decor lacking. food & service just ok
- Fun Night with FriendsJOHNVIPDined on 6/29/2013Went with a party of 6. Were seated right away and had a great server. She recommended the pork chop and it was outstanding...best chop I've had. If there was one small complaint, it was that the kitchen was a little slow, but that was ok with us since we had a fresh bottle of wine. The scene is low key and perfect if you want to get away from the Sobe / Brickell scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!!!!LovetoeatDined on 6/15/2013WHAT A GREAT FIND....went to brunch on Saturday and was so impressed went back for brunch on Sunday...service and food were perfect...later found out that the server was the owner...how cool...I am a regular as of today...THANKSSpecial Features: