858 9th Ave
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.route66nyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 977-7600
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 8:00am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Route 66
Located near the Theater District and Lincoln Center, on 9th Avenue, between 55th and 56th Streets. We strive to bring American comfort food to the next level, with an emphasis on fresh, quality ingredients. We offer a full bar, happy hour and an extensive dinner selection.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Route 66 reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (3)neighborhood gem (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- My new neighborhood favorite!NeverdisappointsDined on 11/13/2014Was in the neighborhood with my family to see my daughter's new apartment and decided to try this restaurant to celebrate afterwards. Couldn't have picked better. A nice, casual neighborhood restaurant. The ambience was very welcoming and friendly, interesting menu with a great variety of options and food choices, and service was terrific, including a piece of cheese cake with a candle for dessert! Plan to return again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice looking little restaurantaleemickyDined on 10/18/2014Reservation is strongly suggested. The place is small but nice and quite cozy. Tables are small but they did their best to accommodate my son stroller. They have a kids menu. The burgers were really good. We took advantage of the happy hour which runs until 7pmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 6 reviews are from the Route 66 reviews archive.
- Good, but...hungrysingerDined on 7/15/2014I've been here twice now as a pre-theater (Lincoln Center) meal. The salads were very good, both times, and our wine was good, too. They could improve on cleaner cutlery and taking better care with takeout orders and doggie bags. Earlier this year I picked up a medium bison burger takeout here. Online ordering didn't work for me via my mobile device so I phoned in for it. But when I returned to my office, I found it more rare to medium rare, and too late to remedy. Two other picky notes: the silverware was not clean in my last visit. And while it was still good, the half-salad I took home with me was not accompanied by the dressing and therefore disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itLuvitDined on 7/4/2014It was a family affair and my fussy family just loved it. Especially the crowd and the waiter put up with the fussy people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lower your expectations....AnOldFriendVIPDined on 12/18/2013I have eaten in my share of dinners....!?!? This place would rank in the middle of the list...!?!?! I'm NOT a food snob, but I'm trying to be honest...!?!? Breakfast or Lunch would be a better choice than Dinner...!?!?Special Features:
- Easy, Quick, Tasty!Oceanstar9VIPDined on 11/29/2013Found this place because it was near Terminal 5 where we were seeing a concert. Needed an inexpensive, unpretentious place that had great food and would be quick. This was it! Very casual, fun decor, perfect for a few beers and great munchy-food. Bathrooms were small but clean. Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, poor serviceTneckMOMVIPDined on 10/8/2013I dined there on an early Tuesday night before the theatre, and sat at an outdoor table. There were a few people at the bar, and not much activity as it was early, but I had to signal several times for the waitress to take my order and bring me my food and the check...she was clearly not interested in getting things done. However, my salad was delicious and the ambiance seemed like it would be very popular later in the evening or on weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great little find...MomOf2BoysDined on 8/12/2013Visiting NY (from VA) with my parents (former NY'ers) and kids (11 & 13 year old boys, never been to NY before), and my 11 year old is a very picky typical 'kid' eater, while my 13 year old is more adventurous, AND my dad keeps kosher but will eat out if there are vegetarian/fish/dairy options. Searched for a last-minute place to eat that would suit everyone and Route 66 definitely fit the bill!! The food and service was outstanding. And our server was very attentive and accommodating - my iphone was in desparate need of charging and she set it up to charge for me near the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.