858 9th Ave
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.route66nyc.com/
- Phone: 2129777600
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 8:00am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Route 66
Located near the Theater District and Lincoln Center, on 9th Avenue, between 55th and 56th Streets. We strive to bring American comfort food to the next level, with an emphasis on fresh, quality ingredients. We offer a full bar, happy hour and an extensive dinner selection.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Route 66 reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (7)great for outdoor dining (6)great for brunch (5)good for groups (5)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)fit for foodies (2)vibrant bar scene (2)special occasion (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Good, but...hungrysingerDined on 7/15/2014I've been here twice now as a pre-theater (Lincoln Center) meal. The salads were very good, both times, and our wine was good, too. They could improve on cleaner cutlery and taking better care with takeout orders and doggie bags. Earlier this year I picked up a medium bison burger takeout here. Online ordering didn't work for me via my mobile device so I phoned in for it. But when I returned to my office, I found it more rare to medium rare, and too late to remedy. Two other picky notes: the silverware was not clean in my last visit. And while it was still good, the half-salad I took home with me was not accompanied by the dressing and therefore disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itLuvitDined on 7/4/2014It was a family affair and my fussy family just loved it. Especially the crowd and the waiter put up with the fussy people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 4 reviews are from the Route 66 reviews archive.
- Lower your expectations....AnOldFriendVIPDined on 12/18/2013I have eaten in my share of dinners....!?!? This place would rank in the middle of the list...!?!?! I'm NOT a food snob, but I'm trying to be honest...!?!? Breakfast or Lunch would be a better choice than Dinner...!?!?Special Features:
- Easy, Quick, Tasty!Oceanstar9Dined on 11/29/2013Found this place because it was near Terminal 5 where we were seeing a concert. Needed an inexpensive, unpretentious place that had great food and would be quick. This was it! Very casual, fun decor, perfect for a few beers and great munchy-food. Bathrooms were small but clean. Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, poor serviceTneckMOMVIPDined on 10/8/2013I dined there on an early Tuesday night before the theatre, and sat at an outdoor table. There were a few people at the bar, and not much activity as it was early, but I had to signal several times for the waitress to take my order and bring me my food and the check...she was clearly not interested in getting things done. However, my salad was delicious and the ambiance seemed like it would be very popular later in the evening or on weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great little find...MomOf2BoysDined on 8/12/2013Visiting NY (from VA) with my parents (former NY'ers) and kids (11 & 13 year old boys, never been to NY before), and my 11 year old is a very picky typical 'kid' eater, while my 13 year old is more adventurous, AND my dad keeps kosher but will eat out if there are vegetarian/fish/dairy options. Searched for a last-minute place to eat that would suit everyone and Route 66 definitely fit the bill!! The food and service was outstanding. And our server was very attentive and accommodating - my iphone was in desparate need of charging and she set it up to charge for me near the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.