Route 6 Restaurant
600 N. Broad St.
Philadelphia, PA 19106Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Route 6 Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.route6restaurant.com/
- Phone: 2153914600x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Andy Kitko
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar
A word from Route 6 Restaurant
Named after the famed highway that begins in Provincetown, Mass., and runs through the heart of Cape Cod, Route 6 celebrates the cuisine that is beloved in coastal towns from Maine to Maryland. Offering a seasonal, sea-to-table menu with classic dishes from Executive Chef Andy Kitko, such as clam chowder, lobster rolls, and buttermilk fried oysters as well as daily lobster and whole fish selections, this 150 seat restaurant will instantly transport you to the relaxing lifestyle of the eastern shore. A spectacular wood-burning oven and grill adds a distinct flavor to the food while filling the room with the smells of oak and fruit woods. The chef's counter, with seating for 20, is the ideal spot to order oysters and clams from the raw bar, and peek into the open kitchen. Dessert is not to be missed, as pies and cobblers are served up hot and fresh. The beverage list will feature 20 beers by the bottle and six on tap.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Route 6 Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Temple U treasureCarrieDined on 3/19/2014Enjoyed taking our (Temple U student) son out on his bday without going all the way into busy city! Great food and nice atmosphere! I would have happily returned but were disappointed to find out they were closing the next day! :(Special Features:
- Didn't even get the mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/16/2014We arrived at 8:15. Shortly after we received appetizers. The waitress came to and asked if the appetizers were ok. We told her yes. After 5 minutes she returned to refill drinks and we asked about our meal. She said it would be out shortly. After the third time she came back without our meal I asked to speak with the manager. At this point it's 9:30 & they are cleaning up to close. I requested the check for our appetizers as I didn't want to be to be eating in an empty restaurant. I told her that the waitress told me over 30 minutes ago that my food would be out. She said the appetizers were on the house. While the salads were good I was disappointed and had to find dinner elsewhere. Really not what I'm used to with Starr restaurants.
- There was many large groupseatoutDined on 3/16/2014There was many large groups when we dined, hence the service was poor. We waited a long time to be served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good; service was slowMargheritaDined on 3/15/2014Our food was very good. No complaints there. Grilled Octopus was perfect. Whole lobster and fried lobster tails were good. The trout was not impressive though. The seating in the back at the tables were like old cafeteria chairs from elementary school. Not comfortable at all. If we go again, we will request a booth or a table in the front room. Service was very slow. We were there for almost 3 hours for four people. It was not us holding things up. We will probably try again since it was tasty. I'm hoping it was just an off night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food had a burnt taste..notOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/14/2014Food had a burnt taste..not planning on going back
- Outstanding!JdrewDined on 3/11/2014I have eaten there several times and have always had a awesome dinner as well as service... I highly recommend it to all of my friends and co-workers...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening! Our dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/8/2014Wonderful evening! Our dinner took awhile to receive (didn't notice because I was in good company!). The manager stopped by to apologize and comped us dessert! Delicious food, fun atmosphere, lovely waitress....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we had a great time.....lovedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2014we had a great time.....loved the décor...very different from any place in the city.......reminded us of summers in New England.......the food was very good......love the change from all the steak houses that are out thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal - made you forget winterDfromDelawareVIPDined on 3/8/2014The Food and the atmosphere and the service were great - made us all feel like we were enjoying a meal at the Jersey Shore! Almost made us forget about the harsh winter we have all just endured - the seafood was fresh and cooked perfectly - the cocktails and service were also outstanding and for a littlesomething sweet - try the banana cake!Special Features:
- special occasion WINNER! !twinklesDined on 3/8/2014My server..Ricardo Jimenez. .Was EXCELLENT..HE TOOK CARE OF OUR EVERY NEED..HE WAS ATTENTIVE TO OUR EVERY NEED.. IT WAS OUR 18th Wedding Anniversary. I enjoyed his suggestions with the wine..the oyster raw bar list. .every portion of our meal.. He gave us VIP treatment. .Which only made a special date night with my husband that much more special. . I will recommend this restaurant to my family and friends. Again. .RICARDO JIMENEZ WAS AMAZING..DEFINITELY ONE NIGHT WE BOTH WILL NEVER FORGET. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Route 6BirthdayDinersDined on 3/8/2014We booked Route 6 for a double-birthday dinner. The food was fantastic; service was excellent; the atmosphere was perfect. We would definitely go there again and have already recommended it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No hot towelsOkieDined on 3/7/2014Everything was wonderful except they ran out of hot towels so they have us hot dish towels that left my hands still wet. The lobster was amazing as well as the clam chowderSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch seafood and greatCweb103VIPDined on 3/7/2014Top notch seafood and great service. We loved the ambiance here. The place is enormous and beautiful inside. My only gripe is with the price. I know seafood is a bit more expensive overall, but some of the prices are steep, particularly for the lobster roll. All of the flavors were fantastic for everything else. Shrimp scampi was amazing as were the crab bombs. Definitely one of the best options for fresh seafood in the city.Special Features:
- Good Place for Dinner with FriendsPoggy451Dined on 3/7/2014The place was packed on a Friday night. The food took some time to arrive but once it did, it was mostly very good. The Trout on the Cedar Block was excellent as well as the Caesar salad. The monkfish was small and the bone took up 25% of the portion. We enjoyed the ambiance and the drinks. We will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mmm ScallopsSeafood4meDined on 3/7/2014As first time visitors to Route 6 my boyfriend and I enjoyed the Maryland Crab Bombs to start. They were similar to a hush puppy, but with crab filling. The Crab Bombs were flavorful, I would have personally enjoyed if they were slightly less crispy. Our entrées were spectacular- the lobster roll and the scallops. The scallops were huge and cooked to perfection . The lobster roll was overflowing with lobster meat and dressed nicely. Our server was very attentive, professional and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So real there's sand in your shoesCrustyCurmudgeonVIPDined on 3/7/2014Route 6 never disappoints! They had a new (well, to me) oyster: the Cooke's Cocktail (aka Cooke's Cove), an amazingly sweet & tasty little guy. 6 of them + matching Bluepoints got me started well! My wife's cherrystones were delicious & big enough to build a dam. The specials were excellent - I had a huge beautiful fillet of amberjack (on pistachio puree or emulsion of some kind that was really great), and my wife had the lobster roll (which was even on special, as were all lobster dishes that night). With a very nice Torrontes to complement it, this was a fine fine meal - our waitress even laughed at my jokes. This is another that makes me want to add a half-star - 5 stars for plain fish seems over the top, but it's just about that good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceTiffDined on 3/1/2014The staff was very attentive & though the restaurant was busy, the food came with perfect timing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerDining911Dined on 3/1/2014Staff was attentive & wished my husband a Happy Bday numerous times. Too bad the dessert was not complementary.Special Features:
- Not a bad evening outGoodfoodgoodx85Dined on 3/1/2014I recently came here with my boyfriend for my birthday after seeing rave reviews online and it being recommended by friends. I'll have to say that it wasn't the best seafood that I've had but it was pretty tasty. I had the jumbo shrimp cocktail and crab deviled eggs for an appetizer and they were to die for, especially the deviled eggs. The little lobster tails were okay but my entrée of crab cake was very good, as well as the coleslaw. Overall, like I said, it was pretty tasty and the service was very good, we had a very knowledgeable female server and worth a trip out again, especially for those deviled eggs!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at route 6 was my firstOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014Dining at route 6 was my first time but it surely won't be my last last time.Special Features:
- Something newOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/26/2014For a change of taste from the usual food. This place has an unique menu. That taste great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm almost a RegularBuddyDined on 2/25/2014I've eaten at Route 6 about 10 times since their opening and have never been disappointed. Best Raw Bar in Philly and you can't beat the Buck-a-Shuck oysters during "Happy Hour." Lively Bar scene with great bartenders who are friendly and really know their stuff. And North Broad is beginning to "happen"..... Great to See!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLeslieDined on 2/23/2014Fried lobster tails were worth the wait. Reservations were at 7pm. We were seated right away. The kitchen was a little slow but the food was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatness!!LestDined on 2/22/2014I absolutely love this restaurant!! Every time I go its like the first time... The service is great, the food is wonderful. It just melts in your mouth! I'm in love with this place! Everything I've had so far was great! Drinks, food, service is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant surpriseBennVIPDined on 2/22/2014Did not know this was a Stephen Star restaurant going in....Service was impeccable, no really was... not kidding like they had a seminar on being perfect before I got there. Seafood offered a Maryland theme with the familiar Eastern shore favorites. App and Entre presentation and plating was also "perfect" and the food was as delicious as it looked. Very impressive first visit....if they do this again it will be equally impressive. Cant rate them long term yet but as first impressions go I give them a 10 out of 10.....run don't walk to go here!!!Special Features:
- group of 4 for businessgrh215Dined on 2/21/2014the food was great, we tried oysters, mussels, clams and of course the lobsters, everything was awesome --if you go, get the side of friesSpecial Features:
- Love the foodnanaDined on 2/19/2014I have been to this restaurant 2 times and love the food. The first time my server was excellent, the last time the server was ok. The Food Is Pricey but worth it. I'm going for happy hour. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/19/2014We have been here many times and have loved it. This time was disappointing. The oysters were great. The fried lobster tails were not crispy. The Brussels sprouts and broccoli were too oily and soft. Usually they are very crispy and cooked well. I hope this inconsistency does not continue.
- Superb!seashellDined on 2/18/2014The food and service was excellent. All of the seafood was very fresh. I had the fried lobster tails, oysters, clams and the stuffed flounder. Everything was absolutely delicious! I'll be going back this weekend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Restaurantjmh1066Dined on 2/17/2014Went to Philly to take my daughter out to dinner. She's a Temple student. This restaurant is very convenient, had great reviews and we love seafood, so we thought we'd give it a try. Excellent seafood. The crab deviled eggs were an outstanding appetizer. I had the lobster roll which was delicious, she had the plank trout also fantastic. It was a Monday night so not too crowded, can picture a very good vibe in the building when there's a crowd. We'll definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two time winnerelizaDined on 2/16/2014This is the second time I've dined at route 6 and once again it was a winner. Our waitress seemed a little frazzled but it was the end of the night on saturday so she maybe have already had a long day. The food as always was great. everyone enjoyed their meals. My friend has the baked porgie and literally raved about it with every bite. I had the lobster roll, inititally I was worried because I did not know it was a "cold" dish and the server did not mention it. After the first bite I had no more worries. Roll was flavorful with chunks oflobster. I'll be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ahoy PhillyBirthdayB8sVIPDined on 2/16/2014Route 6 appears to be another Steven Starr hit. If seafood is what your looking for, then look no further...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lobster RollaklussDined on 2/15/2014The best lobster roll outside of the state of Maine. The lobster was perfectly cooked and so tender, not too much mayo, and they gave a very generous portion of lobster meat. All the other food we tried, including a few different types of oysters, fried calamari and clam chowder were well above average. The service was attentive, pleasant and knowledgeable about the menu. The restaurant had a warm and cozy atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeSuziDined on 2/15/2014We had a great night the food was exceptional and the service on point. I would return again and again!Special Features:
- Tasty V-Day weekendRDKJDined on 2/15/2014We enjoyed everything from fried lobster tails, fresh surf&turf to great drinks.Special Features:
- Great food, great placeFeltLikeCapeCodDined on 2/15/2014Good was excellent. Service was impeccable. Ambiance was pleasant. A little noisy but had the feel of a New England cape cod home. Oysters were fresh and delicious! Great selection of oysters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still good..deekayVIPDined on 2/15/2014Second time here, and I thought it was actually better the second time around. We had raw oysters, NE chowder, monkfish, and Carolina trout. Everything was fresh, nicely cooked, perfectly flavored, and very good overall. The service was professional, but not overbearing. The only gripe I had was the table. It was a smallish round table for two, and too small. With not many good seafood places in the area, this place (although not so much seafood variety) is a solid choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you like Seafood..LisaDined on 2/15/2014This is the place to try. We had "Crisp Calamari, perfect lobster bisque soup (cup size-I wish it was more for the price $9.00) You could cut the filet migion with a butter knife and the lobster was fire grilled which gave it a terrific taste! Pecan pie was outstanding. The coconut pie tasty but did have a tecture we were not expecting. Beers were average price but cocktails were higher. I would diffinately go again but I'm will make sure I have my credit card. - For i like to have a few cocktails with my dinner and we can not say enough about the service. Everyone was knowledgable, curtious, and very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of MY FAVORITE RESTAURANTS!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2014I always enjoy my dining experience @ Route 6!!! The staff is super accommodating & the food is always delicious!!! Consistency is very important and this establishment goes above & beyond to maintain this!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- route 7pj35Dined on 2/14/2014Overall the restaurant was wonderful .we went on valinetinesday we usually go to chart house but .we was so happy that we didn't go this year .favorite spot .The manager was so nice .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.