10 East 60th Street
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://rougetomatenyc.com/
- Phone: 6462378977
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm (Last Seating 2:45pm); Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm (Last Seating 10:15pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeremy Bearman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For groups of 10 to 500, one of Rouge Tomate's 6 spaces will be ideal for your next event.
- Private Party Contact: Malia Stevens 8777350556
- Special Events: Please contact the restaurant for details on events up to 400 guests.
A word from Rouge Tomate
Rouge Tomate offers a unique restaurant experience rooted in timeless interior design and a balanced approach to sourcing, preparing and enhancing food. Executive Chef Jeremy Bearman brings his new approach to Modern American cuisine. Rouge Tomate offers a la carte menus for Lunch and Dinner and accepts reservations up to one month in advance.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rouge Tomate reviews from OpenTable diners
161 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (116)special occasion (79)great for lunch (55)romantic (53)notable wine list (53)neighborhood gem (48)good for groups (38)hot spot (24)vibrant bar scene (20)great for brunch (14)late-night find (9)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- I Love This Place...PatrickVIPDined on 8/8/2014I hate to see them close and move. but since I live downtown they will soon be much closer. This is one of the few restaurants that I would ever travel above 23rd Street to dine at! Awesome food and great wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great placeAmieVIPDined on 8/8/2014We had lunch there as a farewell to this lovely restaurant, which closes its doors after tonight's dinner. It will be a sad loss for the upper East side. They will reopen in a few months, we hear, but we still don't know where. We will follow them wherever they are.Special Features:
- Always Perfection + +BigFanVIPDined on 8/8/2014Fabulous food, whatever you order. INCREDIBLE (friendly) wine list. Service, impeccable - and never, never an ounce of pretension. Cannot wait until my FAVORITE restaurant reopens!! All the very, very biggest thanks for some great times and delicious meals x0x00x0x00x0 abSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/7/2014The server took forever to get us menus, and other than the bread and cheese served initially, everything else was so-so.
- Wonderful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014Great attentive service. Knowledgeable wine steward. Great food. Noise level not an issue - a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool meets healthyPerkVIPDined on 8/4/2014Rouge sets the standard for delivering a very cool and comfortable vibe with truly great food that is healthy without being the typical vegan/raw offering. This is fine dining that's fun...without guilt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Had the tasting menu with matched wines, lovely food but the dessert a bit disappointing (strawberry based which isn't my favourite). Excellent service and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moving OnEutecticVIPDined on 8/2/2014Sorry to hear that RT will be moving to new location. We will miss you!Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014I went here on a date and it was terrific. The feed was delicious, the staff cordial and responsive and the atmosphere relaxing (despite the many people in the restaurant). Highly recommend.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2014Everything was delicious. Too bad it's closing. Can't wait for them to reopen downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful foodie gemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Elegant dining guided by SPE principles makes for a womderful dining experience--with no worries afterward about eating poorly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchMarkDined on 7/30/2014Attentive service combined with excellent food [starting with the terrific foccacia bread] made this comfortable and relatively quiet restaurant a true retreat from the City outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking forward to the new locationNYMomVIPDined on 7/29/2014Rouge Tomate is exceptional. Food complex but not rich, wine list is always wonderful. they are closing August 6th and looking to relocate downtown.Special Features:
- Keep thinking of the sorbet dessert8301coolguyVIPDined on 7/29/2014The food is better than I expect! Good quality and artistic presentation. The dessert of sorbet is such a surprise, bold and interesting which made the perfect ending of the evening. Only the waiter on duty seemed not so happy......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MariposaVIPDined on 7/28/2014I had a lovely meal at Boulud Sud from start to finish. I enjoyed the delicious food. The service was excellent throughout the meal. I will go back and will definitely recommend it to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Food and Service!NYCDinerDined on 7/25/2014I am never disappointed by Rouge Tomate. The service is one of the best in the city. The staff is all friendly, attentive and very knowledgeable. The food is beyond incredible, as are the cocktails, all made with the freshest, purest ingredients. You'll never find a better wine list. What more could one ask for in an upscale, New York City dining experience? I am so sad this location is closing. Dine here before their last service in Midtown East!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We're so upset!foodiefanVIPDined on 7/24/2014We love Rouge Tomate and are so disappointed that they closed and are moving down to Chelsea. They told us they'd be closed for a year or longer...ouch! We highly recommend this restaurant, and desperately hope that the new place is no louder than the place on 60th was. It was so perfect. Not only the food was great (farm to table style), but the tables were far enough apart that you could hear the person across from you with no difficulty at all, which is somewhat unusual in Manhattan. Try the new place when it opens, if you've never been -- the food's great and the service is terrific.Special Features:
- Good but not wonderfulLadyADined on 7/24/2014We went as a group of 3 for a long lunch. The menu was good but not great and the service was OK. When I asked the waiter to talk me through the menu he said - "what do you want to know? We are moving from this location and these were our most popular dishes from the past few years." Hmm... That being said the food was very tasty, the presentation beautiful and the wine list varied.Special Features:
- Great food and ambienceAspriringCriticVIPDined on 7/23/2014Had dinner here late on a stormy Wednesday night. The staff was incredibly helpful with my drenched clothes and bag. The food was amazing- both the vegetables and the meat/fish were stars of the dishes. The sauces were delicious and the dishes were so colorful! Highly recommend the walu, duck, and octopus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints.JanmcgenVIPDined on 7/23/2014Food, service, wine list, ambience are great. Sorry to hear they are closing in August. Hope they find a new location soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!notrichDined on 7/21/2014Coming to this restaurant it was certainly out of the price range of what I would normally pay for a meal. That being said I was hoping to find a place to have a bit of a "splurge meal" for my vacation, and I am so glad I chose the Rouge Tomate. The duck was one of the best things I've ever eaten, so much so I'm not sure how I will ever cook for myself again. Also my server was wonderful! I was nervous service would be a little snotty and I would feel out of place, however she did a fantastic job mixing professionalism and fun. 10/10 would go again (once I save up a little more...).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rouge TomatefoodiesDined on 7/18/2014We had a wonderful dining experience, tasting menu and cocktail pairing. Everything was beautiful and delicious. the service was first rate.Special Features:
- Small Menu with Big FlavouraandtDined on 7/17/2014We arrived a little early but this was no problem and we were seated straight away. All of the staff were friendly and attentive. The menu choice is small but there is something for everyone on there. We had 3 courses and the complimentary focaccia had a great fresh flavour. Our starters (greenmarket tomato and the blue crab) came pretty quickly, they looked so simple on the plate yet were full of flavour and a nice size portion for a starter so that you were still looking forward to your main meal. I had the scallops and they were cooked to perfection and my husband had the duck (which was a little smaller than expected) but tasty all the same. Of course we had pudding sorbet and the 7 layer chocolate box - Delicious! Would recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Savor every bitefoodieDined on 7/17/2014Because Rouge Tomate must vacate its glamorous premises in Aug and has yet to find a place to go. The staff is tight and management hopes to reopen next year in a new location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't leave usrockbudVIPDined on 7/17/2014We need a high quality restaurant in this neighborhood. Thisisone of the very best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite spot.ItalianwannabeDined on 7/11/2014Delicious, elegant and healthy food served in a beautiful room. I'm sorry they are moving in August, but glad to have Rouge Tomate downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TabbyDined on 7/11/2014Excellent cuisine, one of the finest I have ever experienced ( including Michelin tree stars) Friendly, efficient service We heard chef will be leaving, hoping the new chef in their new location will be equally superbSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will miss youNYPETUNIAVIPDined on 7/11/2014WE have enjoyed countless, memorable, wonderful meals at Rouge Tomate over the past 6 years. We will miss you at your 60th street location and look forward to visiting you soon at your new location. Don't change a thing:)Special Features:
- Always AwesomePatrickVIPDined on 7/11/2014As always, another amazing meal! Every course, every element was perfect. There were absolutely no missteps. I truly hate that they're closing, but am grateful that the end result is that they're relocating downtown where I live. Long live Rouge Tomate!Special Features:
- Our favorite restaurantCasaLVIPDined on 7/8/2014So sad it is closing. The panzanella was especially delicious. The sommelier selected excellent interesting wines for us from the extensive list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and localDiningsamplerDined on 7/7/2014I had heard the food at Rouge Tomate was fresh and full of unusual combinations and the restaurant more than lived up to my expectations. We shared an appetizer of heirloom tomatoes and watermelon, which was quite good. Then we each had poached halibut, which was garnished with an abundant serving of julienned strawberries and vegetables. The halibut was perfectly cooked, fresh and juicy, and when combined with the strawberries and veggies was absolutely delicious. I can't wait to return to try other menu items.Special Features:
- TigerVIPDined on 7/7/2014Really great delicate food . Very expensive of course !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prix Fixe Menu A Wonderful Bargain!NickDined on 7/7/2014The fixed price menu was both a treat and a wonderful bargain! Each dish was delicious and the presentation a work of art. I recommend Rouge Tomate highly. My only regret is that it will be leaving its current location! A loss to the neighborhood!Special Features:
- Amazing restaurantDDeanVIPDined on 7/1/2014I've eaten here twice. The first time I had lamb; this past visit, the halibut. Both were so delicious. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Every bite a delightnykerVIPDined on 7/1/2014The food was wonderful, especially the lobster salad and the bittersweet chocolate desert. But the portions were SO small!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceVIPDined on 6/30/2014Excellent and creative Food from local / sustainable marketSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lives up to its reputationrockbudVIPDined on 6/30/2014Limited choices but excellent value in the Business Lunch. A most enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJeffDined on 6/28/2014Rouge Tomate is amazing as always. This place has always been the quintessential example for excellent dining through creative seasonal menus, a great variety of dishes, and outstanding service.Special Features:
- UniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/28/2014Delicious locally sourced and artisianally prepared foods. We loved it.Special Features:
- luliDined on 6/28/2014Service was great . Food was ok . I would be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.