205 S 18th St
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rouge98.com/
- Phone: 2157326622
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm;
Wednesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental
- Executive Chef: Sam Noh
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Rouge
For fifteen years, Rouge has been Rittenhouse Square's original dining destination with a commitment to impeccable service, quality food, and ingredients.Rouge remains a favorite among locals as well as visitors for atmosphere and park-side seating.Continued
Come-sit, eat, drink, relax and watch the city of Philadelphia go by.
Come-sit, eat, drink, relax and watch the city of Philadelphia go by.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Rouge reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (21)scenic view (19)neighborhood gem (19)fit for foodies (18)hot spot (13)great for lunch (13)vibrant bar scene (12)romantic (10)special occasion (9)great for brunch (7)late-night find (4)good for groups (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great night!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/27/2014Everything was wonderful, from the service, food and accomodating my friends gluten allergy. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous as alwaysMegsVIPDined on 8/24/2014Met a friend for our annual dinner at Rouge. And, again this year, it was just as delightful. The view, the food, the service are all spectacular, especially on a breezy night in August. Enjoyed the usual menu items, still consistently delicious. Discovered a new wine, a rose bordeaux, crisp and refreshing and the perfect fit for our dinner. Service was impeccable, attentive and unrushed. We will be back again!Special Features:
- A Great night!BobbyVIPDined on 8/21/2014We were there for my son proposing to his girlfriend. Everyone from the sweet and wonderful hostess our waitress the pink French champagne and sliced strawberries , cheese, nuts and fruit made for a night we will never forget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible!!!!MichaelDined on 8/13/2014We had a 7 pm reservation. On arrival, we were shown to a table in the middle of the bar - noise level was deafening; certainly not what we had anticipated for a date night. Conversation would have been virtually impossible. We indicated that we wanted a different table, and wanted to sit outside. "We don't take reservations for outside seating" we were told. Our reservation was promptly cancelled by Rouge (I learned this later when I received a message from Open Table at 7:09 indicating cancellation). We were treated like persona non grata - because we wanted to sit outside, we were made to feel like we were in the way and a nuisance to the maitre'd. Our frustration level was such that we walked next door to Parc for dinner. NEVER AGAIN!
- DisappointedJT0101Dined on 8/11/2014I was very disappointed with my dining at Rouge. My Fiancé and I heard about this restaurant through a friend and heard wonderful things and a great experience - ours was different. Our service was not very friendly and didn't even introduce himself when greeting. I was very taken back by the way we were forgot about and how unfriendly our server was. Our special day was a little dampered.Special Features:
- Sunny in PhiladelphiasuefoodieVIPDined on 8/10/2014Located across from a park with a great cruising scene by car or by foot. All dinners came to the table hot from the kitchen. I had the striped bass which was done perfectly, with a crispy crusted outside and a flaky hot inside, on top of julienne vegetables with a broth that you wanted to dunk your crusty dinner roll into. Scallops with risotto were good, 4 medium scallops, could have been either larger or perhaps 6 to the order. Duck stir fry was a different to the regular beef or chicken. It was done well since duck can be fatty. If you like burgers, they serve a very large mound of ground beef cooked to perfection, topped with carmelized onions. It very well could satisfy a meat lovers craving.Special Features:
- Rouge is right (again)OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2014Rouge is always fun. Lots of people, dressed well, speaking casually and eating and drinking with joy. Thanks to Amy and Katie!!!Special Features:
- Friendly and fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 7/16/2014Enjoyed my visit. Service was friendly and attentive. LOVED the pomegranate margarita!Special Features:
- Very goodfoodforthoughtVIPDined on 7/10/2014Great food, lively scene, terrific location, very loud. Had a great server who added to the positive experience.Special Features:
- Made friend's return home specialPhillyPhoodieVIPDined on 7/9/2014I made reservations for long lost out of town friends on their first night in town. They received a special table as requested, terrific food and service, and made me look like a genius for picking Rouge, which already was one of my summertime favorites.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServicewmbvDined on 5/28/2014Excellent service at dinner on a weekday. The bibb salad with endive was amazing - probably one of the best salads I've eaten in a restaurant. Plan on eating the burger with a knife and fork. Delicious, but the bun could not withstand the moisture from the grilled onions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food great servicelogan0203VIPDined on 5/14/2014Went with a party of 6 and the food and service was awesome.Special Features:
- The following 40 reviews are from the Rouge reviews archive.
- Great for Business Dinner!ANENVIPDined on 4/23/2014Food was wonderful, service terrific...great for business dinners. Great bar scene. Will be back!Special Features:
- Great cocktails, lousy saladsWhiteBreadVIPDined on 4/17/2014I love the atmosphere at Rouge. Staff is attentive and friendly. Cocktails were excellent. Unfortunately the skirt steak arugula salad was terrible. The steak was tough and flavorless. It tasted like a muscle. It was the worst skirt steak I have had anywhere. The chopped salad wasn't much better than the arugula. The chopped chicken was stone dry and the salad overall had little flavor. The next time in town, I will stick to the hamburger and cheese plates.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/9/2014Our table was in the bar area and was very loud. Unfortunately, it must have been happy hour with people all over our table. It was so bad, we couldn't hear each other and decided to leave before ordering drinks or dinner. We didn't eat but I couldn't complete my review without adding a food star rating.
- Yummy birthday dinner for my hubbyLovedthefoodDined on 4/7/2014Food was amazing! We had the tuna small plate, scallops, organic chicken, burger with truffle fries. Every dish was very yummy! We still can't figure out how they were able to cook chicken breast to be so moist and juicy. We loved every dish! Our waitress was awesome! Friendly, and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RougeSbmwDined on 3/19/2014Every time we are in Philadelphia we visit Rouge and it never disappoints!Special Features:
- This not my first time atMichBDined on 3/12/2014This not my first time at Rouge. The atmosphere is amazing and keeps me coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had a wonderful dining experienceHbackDined on 3/10/2014I had a wonderful dining experience at Rouge. The mushroom toast was perfect as a starter and the Branzino was light and delicious. And of course dessert, chocolate cake was just divine. Our waiter, Peter was fantastic. Attentive, knowledgeable and very sweet. I am looking forward to going back and hopefully soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous LunchMerryDined on 2/27/2014Great lunch menu....relaxed atmosphere....perfect serviceSpecial Features:
- Great food, service, and ambiance!!PhillyDinerDined on 1/29/2014Well I can say for certain that the salmon is outstanding, but the hamburger looked equally satisfying. Definitely be sure to order the fish tacos too...quite an excellent starter, and between those and an entree, plenty of food for a complete meal! Don't worry about saving room for dessert, because it can't compare to the regular dishes ... BUT if you happen to get there before the seasons changed, the pumpkin creme brulee is a tasty dessert that can be easily shared! Two thumbs up!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the room but food was okkbk618Dined on 1/29/2014The room was so cute! It's a small room with a great view of the park. The bar is in the middle of the room and it's great for people watching. The table had chairs and a couch which was very comfy. We went for restaurant week and choose the 3 course menu for $35. We heard rave reviews about their burger and had to try it. We were so disappointed! The burger was terrible! no taste and the roll seemed stale. It's huge but no flavor. You can get a tastier burger at red robin. They would not sub the regular fries for the truffle fries, so we ordered both. The truffle fries were ok. I should of just stuck with the regular fries. Bread pudding was DELICIOUS!! would go back for that. $190 bucks later & we should of went to shake shackSpecial Features:
- Just okJennaDined on 1/27/2014I've eaten at Rouge plenty of times but this was the first time I brought my boyfriend. It wasn't that great. I'm not sure if was because we ordered the restaurant week menu but the service was subpar. We ordered burgers that although were good took forever! NOT SURE WHY? They were both medium? Our server was not very attentive or friendly. I usually enjoy this place but this time I was disappointed, I want to show him a good time. Another server or hostess did take a glass of wine and beverage off of the bill which I accepted but the damage was already done. the atmosphere and food was good though....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night!JanmarieDined on 1/26/2014great menu and choices for everyone. Burger was HUGE and amazing. I had apple pie for dessert and it was sub-par but the creme brulee was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Good, But OverpricedAndrewVIPDined on 1/22/2014Good restaurant, open late, but overpriced, and waitress pushing food on us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid food. bit priceyEstroVIPDined on 1/20/2014Have nothing bad to say. everything was good but was not overwhelmed. but again, all was good, but it's a bit pricey to my taste. restaurant week deal made it worth whileSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegantly ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/31/2013Intimate setting, cozy. Excellent food and nice portions. Our server was absolutely fantastic, as were the other employees. They really make you fell like it's your home. We really had an amazing New Years Eve dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a lovely meal Sundaypivnik1Dined on 12/29/2013We had a lovely meal Sunday evening sitting at a window table gazing out at Rittenhouse Square decorated with holiday lights. Plus delicious rouge burgers, wonderful choc chip bread pudding and relaxing and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lousy food and way over pricedsinerDined on 12/23/2013Chicken is hard to do well. But for $23 it would be nice if it was not dry as a bone. The spinach and mashed potatoes were the only edible part. My daughter had a burger. She loved it and the fries were also good. But again, a burger for $19 should be better.
- LarryLarryVIPDined on 11/20/2013Rouge is reliably good. The menu is limited to items that are well prepared. Excellent burger and truffle fries are always among the best.
- Rouge Gets it Rightyldcat03Dined on 11/11/2013Rouge is a permanent fixture in Philly's restaurant world and last night I was reminded why. I love the ambiance of this restaurant and the weekly additions to their menu will keep me coming back. I took a client here and the service was great - attentive, but not intrusive. Used dishes and flatware were removed promptly and water and wine were filled without flagging anyone down. Mushroom toast and apple & cranberry cobbler were definitely worth mentioning in this review. I typically enjoy rouge alfresco for wine and light bites, but I'll be back to dine inside again this winter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularDaveDined on 11/7/2013This was a wonderful location for a business dinner. The staff treated us like we were royalty. Upon surveying the room, they somehow afforded the same courtesy to all other patrons. I will more assuredly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud Music Misses the MarkDeb126Dined on 9/22/2013The music was so loud it went right through me and made me want to leave as soon as my entree was half eaten. The food was good enough and the server was very attentive. I would not go back unless I was assured that I would be in a quiet location.Special Features:
- At a recent lunch, we enjoyedMareVIPDined on 9/19/2013At a recent lunch, we enjoyed an indoor table by the window on a beautiful day. The menu is varied; the food is very good; the service is professional. Of note, was the delicious dessert -- blueberry ice cream! Probably the best ice cream I've ever tasted! Go and enjoy. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great night my familynomnomnomDined on 8/14/2013What a great night my family and I had a Rouge! Not only was the service superb, but the food and wine was absolutely excellent! I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 9th wedding anniversaryAmySDined on 7/24/2013From the hostess, to the server (Dena), to the bussers-- everyone was very friendly and welcoming. The food and drinks were great, and Dena even offered us free dessert for our anniversary..unfortunately we had no room for dessert. I also found it to be reasonably priced for such high quality everything. Loved it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GiganticCecilyDined on 7/9/2013We had two different burgers and our out of town guests were overwhelmed by the size and deliciousness. The French fries were also yummy. the calamari dish was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good locationOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/4/2013I went to Rouge with two friends and had a delicious lunch. We were on the early side, so there was no significant noise level. The location opposite Rittenhouse Square is of course delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, nice decor, vibe,DaveedDined on 7/3/2013Great place, nice decor, vibe, service etc... Food is great I would definitely go back to try more of the menu. It's usually packed for dinner, I went for lunch and it was nice and relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and perfect spotOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/3/2013Good food and perfect spot on a spring or cool summer day or night as the floor to ceiling doors. Great views of Rittenhouse Park.Special Features: