908 71st Street
Miami Beach, FL 33141Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rougecinecafe.com/
- Phone: (305) 720-9125
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner:
Monday - Thursday: 12:00 Noon - 11:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 12:00 Noon - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Moroccan, French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Nabil Hach Al-Luch
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Rouge
Rouge prides itself to serve the best traditional Moroccan and French Cuisine in Town in the most romantic and Warm atmosphere you could possibly imagine while screening in the back ground old silent movies for your enjoyment. As If this wasn't enough, discover the Rouge Garden, an Outdoor space design to literately transport you anywhere in the Mediterranean Riviera, from St Tropez to Marrakesh. We invite you to come and experience our flavorful dishes, From the Creamy Pastis Escargot to The world famous "Bouillabaisse", from the Harira Soup to The Traditional Tagines. Rouge invites you to first rediscover the meaning of A Warm and Welcoming Feel as soon as you walk through the doors; A feeling only match by entering his own home. The Décor is "Rich" but "Simple" and yet the making of one of the Most Romantic Establishment in Miami. Owner and Executive Chef's Passion for food drives them to constantly reinvent themselves and their menu so every visit feels like a first visit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Rouge reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (39)great for outdoor dining (33)neighborhood gem (32)special occasion (28)fit for foodies (27)notable wine list (19)good for groups (11)great for lunch (8)late-night find (8)scenic view (6)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- So romantic and relaxinghappyinmiamiVIPDined on 11/14/2014My husband was so surprised when we walked into the dining garden. Where did you find this place, he asked. We were immediately transported into a stress-relieving and romantic atmosphere. It was like being on a romantic vacation for two hours. And the food was very good. I found a great California Alexander Valley cabernet for a price that would have been much more expensive at any fine dining restaurant. The cuisine is predominantly French Moroccan and Mediterranean. We started with Moroccan-spiced olives and bacon wrapped shrimp. My husband had the evening's special soup which he devoured. We both had dishes prepared in the Tagine. The flavors are very succulent and portions large. No bite size morsels of modernist cuisine here. The staff was very attentive and seemed genuinely concerned that we were happy with everything. The chocolate soufflé was outstanding and the complimentary dessert wine to accompany it was a gracious touch. My only complaint was that I wished the front dining room was open to the back garden so that we could have enjoyed the live piano playing while we dined. Next time I need to get away from city stress and actually be a able to have a conversation with my husband while we casually dine and let the world melt away, I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outsanding Restaurant!!!!!TiitersDined on 11/13/2014My wife and I finally got to go on a dinner date for the first time in five years without our kids. We walk in the door and it looked like just another bar/restaurant and was empty. We were then greeted by our waiter and were escorted to the back of the location. WOW!!. My wife and I were reminded of our restaurant experiences in New Orleans. Some of the restaurants there have nothing to see in the front, yet the back of the locations are amazing. This restaurant was just like that, although a bit smaller. Our waiter, Javier, said to us that we could choose any of the open tables to sit at. We choose a table away from everyone and private for the night. Javier was the most outstanding server we have ever met. He took the time to speak to us about the wines to start of and then the entree's available. We started with the bacon wrapped shrimp and Moroccan olives. Wow!!!. The shrimp was amazing and the olives, well there were none left by the end of the night. We then received our Hen and Lamb entree's. Let me tell you. We have eaten and cooked these dishes before and this is one of the best if not the best tasting meats we have ever had. The hen fell of the bones as well as the lamb. We also had Couscous with our meal but didn't personally like it. It had an odd, dry flavor to it. Once done with our meals, we tell Javier that we wanted dessert. He asked my wife if she liked chocolate and she said of course she did. Javier then tell us well I know what you want, no dessert menu needed. We agreed and then came the Souffle De Chocolate. First we were served 2 dessert wines and it was better then our dinner wine. Then we started eating the Souffle. Oh my God, this was the most outstanding desser tmy wife and I have ever had and shared. Ladies and Gentleman, you want to have an amazing meal, with outstanding service in a great restaurant, go visit them one night and tell me what you think.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Transported to Paris...WhitelinengoodwineDined on 11/9/2014We arrived for our 7:30 reservation and there was only one other couple so we were a bit taken aback; however, it was a very rainy Sunday night so it didn't scare us. Sadly, we weren't able to eat out in the garden, but we took a look and it would be quite the spot on a nice night! The service was great - friendly and there when you needed something but not "lurking". When he couldn't find the bottle of wine we ordered, the waiter opened up another one and comped us each a generous glass while he tried to locate it. He did, and it was great! The food was delicious but a bit heavy if you're eating outside on a hot, humid night. Braised beef - melts in your mouth; escargot - best ever! Worth a try!!Special Features:
- Romantic garden getawayHendrix8919Dined on 10/31/2014I went here for a very special occasion. It was a 10 year anniversary and we were treated like we were the only ones there. The service was attentive but kept their space. The food was amazing. The garden in the back was incredibly romantic and so beautiful. The pictures online do not make it justice. The music that was playing was very nice and set the mood well. The lighting was fantastic. The overall ambiance was perfect. The price point was good for what I expected. They do a 18% gratuity charge to all patrons. I already knew about it so I was prepared. I would reccomend this place to anyone. I will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great charming restaurantLovebirdsDined on 10/29/2014Went for our 3rd year anniversary, had a great time dinning on a very romantic atmosphere in their patio. their food fantastic and very good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The back yard garden is an oasis.raBergerDined on 10/26/2014We were four at diner, the waiters were truly friendly.We took fish and meat.Both really good.We can't finish our huges portions ! We were far from Miami during this dinner.We'll come back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm and AuthenticflavaflaveDined on 10/24/2014We sort of stumbled upon Rouge and were pleasantly surprised by the warmth of the decor and of the staff, who were pleasant (and fun) and attentive throughout. The wine list, while not enormous, ensures you can find something that will complement your meal, from the pleasantly cheap and cheerful through to the Lamborghini-budgeted bottle of ooh la la. The food was superb. My Moroccan lamb soup with dates was wonderfully rich, and for my main I chose roasted quail stuffed with Italian wild boar sausage, which was perfectly cooked, nearly entirely boneless, and surprisingly filling for just a single bird. While the service was certainly a factor in the high rating for Rouge, the joy of encountering genuine flavor in a meal was the clincher.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rogue - Simply ExcellentSebpVIPDined on 10/23/2014I went in just based on Open Table's 1000 point email - location is right near my office. I was really surprised to see a little of Paris right in my neighborhood. The food was so great and cooked so right, I did not need to add salt or any condiments for flavor. I eat out all my meals and travelled all over the world - over 10 times to Paris and London and believe me this restaurant is by far up there - proving just like in 'Ratatouille' - anyone can cook Remy!Special Features:
- Love this placeFoodLuvDined on 10/20/2014The food was spectacular. Sitting outdoors felt that i was in another country. One of the best dining experiences in Miami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Discover This Quiet Secret GardenOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014Everything about this restaurant is great. But take note of the fact that there is a "secret garden" in the back which is an absolute delight. Designed and decorated just perfectly, it is an area to be enjoyed while dining alfresco. Peaceful and wonderful!Special Features:
- Great experienceDiegoFoodie2014Dined on 10/16/2014Great food and attention. The backyard is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beach spotitaldinerDined on 10/12/2014Somewhat disappointed with the entre I ordered, lacked depth and did not meet expectations. Could blame on day/time, but that should not matter. Still will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the outdoor terrace!DeannaMiamiDined on 10/5/2014From the outside, you would never imagine the beautiful ambiance and decoration both inside the restaurant and in their outdoor/backyard terrace! My friend and I dined in the outdoor terrace which was absolutely gorgeous; with vines and plants growing and hanging throughout; making a secluded, semi-covered, cozy, intimate dining environment. The Moroccan style lamps and mosaic tables were beautiful touches to create the feeling of escaping temporarily to another world. The menu was a delightful mix of French and Moroccan options; the lamb tajine was authentically flavored and the service was very friendly and attentive. I would highly recommend this restaurant to a friend and think it is a great option for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another WorldFoodieGirlDined on 10/5/2014As you walk in to Rouge you immediately feel a great vibe. We were greeted by a very friendly host who offered to show us their outside seating. When he opened the door to this area we were immediately transported to another part of the world!! Somewhere in Europe! The food was amazing too! Their chocolate souffle was nothing like what i have tasted in my life! Overall, our experience was excellent and i will definitely be back there soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingKellyEDined on 9/29/2014Went here for an anniversary and it was amazing! Very romantic atmosphere and the service is fantastic. I didn't feel out of place at all and the food was out of this world. Honestly one of (if not the best) dining experiences of my life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing All AroundSharapovaDined on 9/29/2014Delicious food. A real 'experience' from start to finish - food is beautifully presented, and blended to perfection. Fantastic service - staff were incredibly attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mealDasmarianDined on 9/28/2014The restarauntuers have done an exemplary job in creating an amazing outdoor dining environment. This is a great compliment to the outstanding food. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The food and service were both very good but found the restaurant to be a little over-priced for the look of the restaurant and quantity of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014The restaurant has a nice romantic atmosphere but prices are too high. Unless I would have a coupon or Living Social deal, I would not go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for celebrating Mom's 80th!DonelDined on 9/24/2014The food was beautiful to look at and absolutely delicious. Rouge is the perfect restaurant for an intimate celebration. Staff superb, atmosphere Romantic and warm. I hope my sisters and I will gather from afar and return to Rouge every year to celebrate our mother, our family, love. Next year, perhaps our brother will join us for this perfect culinary and family holiday. All the stars in the sky! Thank you, Rouge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite dining experience!HOLLYDined on 9/24/2014Everything is so excellent at Rouge from service to food. This is my first time dining at Rouge and the experience was amazing and I think I will come back there to have dinner more often. I highly recommend this restaurant for all occasions. All 10 for the chef and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rouge was Sublime!MaryseDined on 9/23/2014Rouge provided us with the most amazing meal we have ever had. Each bite was out of this world. So much so that we will go back Tomorrow, a rare opportunity only made possible by a delightfully attentive, sarcastic (in a good and extremely funny way ) Owner. Having dined at other great restaurants all over the world, I can truly say Rouge is a cut above others in its class in terms of the overall enjoyment and personalization of the experience. Thank you for this amazing experience and we will see you tomorrow! Highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond AMAZINGStewartsDadVIPDined on 9/23/2014We have stopped at Rouge several times and been surprised each time. Given that the menu changes with the season and creativity of the chef its hard to pick one favorite dish. But IF I was forced to the Veal Lasagna was one of my favorites. Cant wait to return back for more!! Don't miss the music on weekends what a wonderful treat.Special Features:
- Fantastic food w/ intimate settingNicole305Dined on 9/23/2014My fiancee and I celebrated our engagement at Rouge for dinner. The service was impeccable and the food delicious!! It was the cherry on top to the most amazing day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rouge not up to parSpicey3VIPDined on 9/20/2014We dine out often everywhere in Miami, and Rouge does not measure up to the positive reviews we read. The service was slow and the servers attitude and sarcasm made us feel uncomfortable. The food quality was fine, but not outstanding, and quite overpriced. The decor is dated, which to some may make it authentically french, but not noteworthy. We won't return or recommend it, primarily because the service and food quality don't match with the pricing.
- This Italian, definitely impressed!ItalianoDined on 9/20/2014Amazing atmosphere, fantastic food and the service was impeccable. Husband and wife run the restaurant and they are definitely some of the most amazing people I have ever met. I highly recommend this hidden gem and will be returning soon. If you plan on going Friday or Saturday night, be patient, you will get served. The little wait is worth the outcome. - Andrea-Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uneven food, but menu changes oftencafc66Dined on 9/19/2014We went there for a special occasion. Our appetizers were truly outstanding but then the food was not worth the price (it wasn't bad, just worth about half the price) and also one of the dishes arrived cold. The desert was also excellent but it was the wrong one (it wasn't what we asked for). The wines were really good for the price. You may wonder why we didn't complain... well, again, on a special day you don't want to bother... The live piano after 7pm was amazing, that alone would be worth a visit.Special Features:
- Elegant and EasyBeachgirlDined on 9/11/2014September 11th was a quiet night. I had chosen the restaurant by the spectacular reviews and was not disappointed. The Moroccan Lamb was done to perfection and a generous portion. Save room for the exquisite berry tiramasu. The ambiance was low-keyed that night. The restaurant and bar area are small and intimate. It was perfect and I would recommend it to anyone who wants an excellent meal without the Miami hype.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Refreshingly FrenchGoodBrunchDined on 9/9/2014Rouge is refreshingly French with a Moroccan touch. We finally found a restaurant that has a French ambiance as well as real French cooking. The service was attentive but relaxed, just like being in France, no one is in a hurry. The wine selection is good, any palate should be accommodated. And the real treat is the entrees, the food quality as well as the presentation are paid attention to, what we got used to in France. Last, the background music played is simple French popular music, quiet, does not intrude on the dinner conversation, relaxing ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Happy FindOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/4/2014I found this great restaurant through a Groupon purchase, and right in my neighborhood, too. Everything about it contributes to a fine dining experience. The décor is interesting yet elegant, with a lovely little secret garden tucked into the backyard. The owners themselves work on premise, which I always think contributes greatly to a successful operation. The food was excellent, with lovely, inventive presentations. Music was soft and not too loud ...how refreshing! I will go back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodHappyCoupleDined on 8/29/2014An special night " my Wife birthday" deserve the most delicious food, she love both French and moroccan gastronomy and culture.Special Features:
- Great French foodGreatVIPDined on 8/29/2014This has been our second time we visited this restaurant and there has been a great improvement from our first visit. The food preparation is very good ample portions just a bit over priced. The service is great most likely the server will be one of the two owners the second his wife is the Chef and she does a great job in the kitchen. The only drawback to this restaurant is the parking.... this could be a problem. After you find a parking space the food, service and ambiance will make you forget the parking experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outside PatioMarkscorpio1Dined on 8/29/2014The outside patio area is beautiful and very romantic. The service is incredible. The food is out standing.lots of choices. They go out of the way to insure you are having an outstanding dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MIXED FEELINGSOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014This restaurant has incredible potential. The food was delicious but the service lacked. Everyone in our table was extremely pleased with what they had ordered but complained about the lack of service provided. There inside dining area was also very hot which we complained several times and was not a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Rouge is a "GO"great2exploreDined on 8/23/2014To find such outstanding fare in Normandy (North Miami Beach) was a special and exciting experience. I bought the Groupon on a lark. My partner thinks our local restaurants (we live near Rouge) are mediocre and overpriced. Being a Viking, I need to explore before "pillaging". The exploration ended in an epiphany. The Boeuf Braise alone could pacify a maniac, and the quantity was enough to do so for two. The Mediterranean Sea Bass, baked in parchment paper, silenced forever all prejudicial views about the local gastronomic scene. I won, and so did Rouge. Bon Chance!Special Features:
- Vaness112Dined on 8/13/2014This was THE best restaurant I have been to in a while. It had such a romantic ambience, and service was spectacular. Took my girl there for her birthday, and I know she would never forget it. I reccomend this place to anybody looking to celebrate an anniversary or birthday with their significant other. ALso, PERFECT place to propose to your loved one. The photos online dont do justice to the garden area in the back, its absolutely beautiful. Prices are not that bad considering the menu and incredible food either. We got 2 entrees, 1 appetizer, 1 desert, and 2 glasses of wine along with sparkling water, and check was $140 INCLUDING 18% TIP!Special Features:
- Second time, not disappointed!!lokoifelDined on 8/4/2014This was our second time at Rouge and it was as good or better than our first time. The ambience was romantic and perfect for celebrating my wife's birthday. The braised beef with risotto was perfectly cooked and the sauce was amazing. When you go, you have to try their individual appetizers like bacon wrapped shrimp or dates or their awesome keftas!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clearly the BestStewartsDadVIPDined on 7/31/2014This "neighborhood" (ours) find has really transcended all of the other local favorites and become a destination for food lovers. We're lucky to live nearby, so it has become our regular "go-to" for outstanding food, lovely ambiance, and a relaxed atmosphere. We love the vine-covered garden, and if you hurry right now, you can help the staff harvest the grapes on the vines! They have a beautiful new grand piano, and in mid-September they will have a renowned pianist (and other musicians from time to time) playing. We've taken local and transcontinental guests here for special dinners. Can't say enough good things; don't miss it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 165 reviews are from the Rouge reviews archive.
- What a find!BmwcutieDined on 7/27/2014We had an amazing meal at Rouge. The food and service were outstanding. We were able to have a lovely talk with the owner on our visit and we can't wait to go back once the menu changes.Special Features:
- Could be betterTuyoDined on 7/25/2014I reserved a table a this restaurant based on the Open Table reviews and rating. However I must say that we were both disappointed by the food: too bland, too saucy. I've had better Maroccan and French food. On a scale of 0 to 10, I give the food a 4. Sorry! However the service is impeccable.Special Features: