908 71st Street
Miami Beach, FL 33141Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rougecinecafe.com/
- Phone: 3057209125x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner:
Monday - Thursday: 12:00 Noon - 11:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 12:00 Noon - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Moroccan, French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Nabil Hach Al-Luch
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Rouge
Rouge prides itself to serve the best traditional Moroccan and French Cuisine in Town in the most romantic and Warm atmosphere you could possibly imagine while screening in the back ground old silent movies for your enjoyment. As If this wasn't enough, discover the Rouge Garden, an Outdoor space design to literately transport you anywhere in the Mediterranean Riviera, from St Tropez to Marrakesh. We invite you to come and experience our flavorful dishes, From the Creamy Pastis Escargot to The world famous "Bouillabaisse", from the Harira Soup to The Traditional Tagines. Rouge invites you to first rediscover the meaning of A Warm and Welcoming Feel as soon as you walk through the doors; A feeling only match by entering his own home. The Décor is "Rich" but "Simple" and yet the making of one of the Most Romantic Establishment in Miami. Owner and Executive Chef's Passion for food drives them to constantly reinvent themselves and their menu so every visit feels like a first visit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Rouge reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (58)great for outdoor dining (52)special occasion (46)neighborhood gem (44)notable wine list (43)fit for foodies (40)good for groups (30)scenic view (24)late-night find (19)great for lunch (17)kid-friendly (10)hot spot (7)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Wonderful mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014The restarauntuers have done an exemplary job in creating an amazing outdoor dining environment. This is a great compliment to the outstanding food. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The food and service were both very good but found the restaurant to be a little over-priced for the look of the restaurant and quantity of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014The restaurant has a nice romantic atmosphere but prices are too high. Unless I would have a coupon or Living Social deal, I would not go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for celebrating Mom's 80th!DonelDined on 9/24/2014The food was beautiful to look at and absolutely delicious. Rouge is the perfect restaurant for an intimate celebration. Staff superb, atmosphere Romantic and warm. I hope my sisters and I will gather from afar and return to Rouge every year to celebrate our mother, our family, love. Next year, perhaps our brother will join us for this perfect culinary and family holiday. All the stars in the sky! Thank you, Rouge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite dining experience!HOLLYDined on 9/24/2014Everything is so excellent at Rouge from service to food. This is my first time dining at Rouge and the experience was amazing and I think I will come back there to have dinner more often. I highly recommend this restaurant for all occasions. All 10 for the chef and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rouge was Sublime!MaryseDined on 9/23/2014Rouge provided us with the most amazing meal we have ever had. Each bite was out of this world. So much so that we will go back Tomorrow, a rare opportunity only made possible by a delightfully attentive, sarcastic (in a good and extremely funny way ) Owner. Having dined at other great restaurants all over the world, I can truly say Rouge is a cut above others in its class in terms of the overall enjoyment and personalization of the experience. Thank you for this amazing experience and we will see you tomorrow! Highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond AMAZINGStewartsDadVIPDined on 9/23/2014We have stopped at Rouge several times and been surprised each time. Given that the menu changes with the season and creativity of the chef its hard to pick one favorite dish. But IF I was forced to the Veal Lasagna was one of my favorites. Cant wait to return back for more!! Don't miss the music on weekends what a wonderful treat.Special Features:
- Fantastic food w/ intimate settingNicole305Dined on 9/23/2014My fiancee and I celebrated our engagement at Rouge for dinner. The service was impeccable and the food delicious!! It was the cherry on top to the most amazing day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rouge not up to parSpicey3VIPDined on 9/20/2014We dine out often everywhere in Miami, and Rouge does not measure up to the positive reviews we read. The service was slow and the servers attitude and sarcasm made us feel uncomfortable. The food quality was fine, but not outstanding, and quite overpriced. The decor is dated, which to some may make it authentically french, but not noteworthy. We won't return or recommend it, primarily because the service and food quality don't match with the pricing.
- This Italian, definitely impressed!ItalianoDined on 9/20/2014Amazing atmosphere, fantastic food and the service was impeccable. Husband and wife run the restaurant and they are definitely some of the most amazing people I have ever met. I highly recommend this hidden gem and will be returning soon. If you plan on going Friday or Saturday night, be patient, you will get served. The little wait is worth the outcome. - Andrea-Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uneven food, but menu changes oftencafc66Dined on 9/19/2014We went there for a special occasion. Our appetizers were truly outstanding but then the food was not worth the price (it wasn't bad, just worth about half the price) and also one of the dishes arrived cold. The desert was also excellent but it was the wrong one (it wasn't what we asked for). The wines were really good for the price. You may wonder why we didn't complain... well, again, on a special day you don't want to bother... The live piano after 7pm was amazing, that alone would be worth a visit.Special Features:
- Elegant and EasyBeachgirlDined on 9/11/2014September 11th was a quiet night. I had chosen the restaurant by the spectacular reviews and was not disappointed. The Moroccan Lamb was done to perfection and a generous portion. Save room for the exquisite berry tiramasu. The ambiance was low-keyed that night. The restaurant and bar area are small and intimate. It was perfect and I would recommend it to anyone who wants an excellent meal without the Miami hype.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Refreshingly FrenchGoodBrunchDined on 9/9/2014Rouge is refreshingly French with a Moroccan touch. We finally found a restaurant that has a French ambiance as well as real French cooking. The service was attentive but relaxed, just like being in France, no one is in a hurry. The wine selection is good, any palate should be accommodated. And the real treat is the entrees, the food quality as well as the presentation are paid attention to, what we got used to in France. Last, the background music played is simple French popular music, quiet, does not intrude on the dinner conversation, relaxing ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Happy FindOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/4/2014I found this great restaurant through a Groupon purchase, and right in my neighborhood, too. Everything about it contributes to a fine dining experience. The décor is interesting yet elegant, with a lovely little secret garden tucked into the backyard. The owners themselves work on premise, which I always think contributes greatly to a successful operation. The food was excellent, with lovely, inventive presentations. Music was soft and not too loud ...how refreshing! I will go back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodHappyCoupleDined on 8/29/2014An special night " my Wife birthday" deserve the most delicious food, she love both French and moroccan gastronomy and culture.Special Features:
- Great French foodGreatVIPDined on 8/29/2014This has been our second time we visited this restaurant and there has been a great improvement from our first visit. The food preparation is very good ample portions just a bit over priced. The service is great most likely the server will be one of the two owners the second his wife is the Chef and she does a great job in the kitchen. The only drawback to this restaurant is the parking.... this could be a problem. After you find a parking space the food, service and ambiance will make you forget the parking experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outside PatioMarkscorpio1Dined on 8/29/2014The outside patio area is beautiful and very romantic. The service is incredible. The food is out standing.lots of choices. They go out of the way to insure you are having an outstanding dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MIXED FEELINGSOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014This restaurant has incredible potential. The food was delicious but the service lacked. Everyone in our table was extremely pleased with what they had ordered but complained about the lack of service provided. There inside dining area was also very hot which we complained several times and was not a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Rouge is a "GO"great2exploreDined on 8/23/2014To find such outstanding fare in Normandy (North Miami Beach) was a special and exciting experience. I bought the Groupon on a lark. My partner thinks our local restaurants (we live near Rouge) are mediocre and overpriced. Being a Viking, I need to explore before "pillaging". The exploration ended in an epiphany. The Boeuf Braise alone could pacify a maniac, and the quantity was enough to do so for two. The Mediterranean Sea Bass, baked in parchment paper, silenced forever all prejudicial views about the local gastronomic scene. I won, and so did Rouge. Bon Chance!Special Features:
- Vaness112Dined on 8/13/2014This was THE best restaurant I have been to in a while. It had such a romantic ambience, and service was spectacular. Took my girl there for her birthday, and I know she would never forget it. I reccomend this place to anybody looking to celebrate an anniversary or birthday with their significant other. ALso, PERFECT place to propose to your loved one. The photos online dont do justice to the garden area in the back, its absolutely beautiful. Prices are not that bad considering the menu and incredible food either. We got 2 entrees, 1 appetizer, 1 desert, and 2 glasses of wine along with sparkling water, and check was $140 INCLUDING 18% TIP!Special Features:
- Second time, not disappointed!!lokoifelDined on 8/4/2014This was our second time at Rouge and it was as good or better than our first time. The ambience was romantic and perfect for celebrating my wife's birthday. The braised beef with risotto was perfectly cooked and the sauce was amazing. When you go, you have to try their individual appetizers like bacon wrapped shrimp or dates or their awesome keftas!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clearly the BestStewartsDadVIPDined on 7/31/2014This "neighborhood" (ours) find has really transcended all of the other local favorites and become a destination for food lovers. We're lucky to live nearby, so it has become our regular "go-to" for outstanding food, lovely ambiance, and a relaxed atmosphere. We love the vine-covered garden, and if you hurry right now, you can help the staff harvest the grapes on the vines! They have a beautiful new grand piano, and in mid-September they will have a renowned pianist (and other musicians from time to time) playing. We've taken local and transcontinental guests here for special dinners. Can't say enough good things; don't miss it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!BmwcutieDined on 7/27/2014We had an amazing meal at Rouge. The food and service were outstanding. We were able to have a lovely talk with the owner on our visit and we can't wait to go back once the menu changes.Special Features:
- Could be betterTuyoDined on 7/25/2014I reserved a table a this restaurant based on the Open Table reviews and rating. However I must say that we were both disappointed by the food: too bland, too saucy. I've had better Maroccan and French food. On a scale of 0 to 10, I give the food a 4. Sorry! However the service is impeccable.Special Features:
- Contemporary French Gem!finefood4UVIPDined on 7/24/2014My husband and I dined at Rouge, Miami Beach last Thursday evening, after mistakenly dining at Rouge, Sunny Isles earlier in the week. Other than the name there is no connection between the restaurants. Rouge, Miami Beach is intimate, tastefully casual, serving contemporary French food. The Beets and Goat Cheese Napoleon appetizer, and the Cold Zucchini Mint Soup were both superb! We enjoyed the Endive Blue Cheese Salad, and the Branzino En Papillote entree. The branzino was not filleted but very fresh and delicious. For dessert the chocolate souffle is not to missed! The beautiful hanging vine garden out back is open for dining, weather permitting. We highly recommend Rouge for a quality dining experience, and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014Beautiful! Espectacular service, warm, friendly, food to die for. Gorgeous ambiance. A true gem! What are you waiting for, I'll be coming back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerLove26hopeDined on 7/19/2014My boyfriend and I went on my birthday And the dinner was amazing! We got the quality we expected for the price. We both ate the steak with fries and it was delicious! And for dessert the chocolate Nutella soufflé which was like the icing on the cake! The woman was just so nice. Such a good dinner it's a bit pricey but it was great! Would definitely recommend to those who want to invest on a good dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always AmazingStewartsDadVIPDined on 7/19/2014Easy to find in NoBe, the food and service are consistently amazing. French with Moroccan touches, my seasonal favorite is the cool courgette (zucchini) soup with mint. The tagines are perfection, the risotto with truffles superb. Forget those places in SoBe that want to ding you $75 for a steak; the prices here are moderate, the outdoor vine-covered courtyard is romantic, and it's the perfect place to wow out-of-town visitors. Don't miss it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heaven on EarthNataliaDined on 7/12/2014The food was AMAZING. I have no words to express how beautiful the four courses were to taste and experience along with a bottle of wine we ordered . I went with two foodie friends of mine. We split every dish so we could taste everything. Although I must admit we only got one dessert b/c we all were full by the 4th course; the dessert was heavenly. The owner personally serving every table was the best touch I've ever seen during my dining tenure. He took the time out to ask us about our experience, how we liked the food, what food we didn't like. A must for all foodies out there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top ChefRubenLDined on 7/12/2014Food was creative and beautifully presented. The lightly cooked branzino with Moroccan spices was sublime. I never had branzino quite like that . The braised beef was beautiful - I think it was cooked for 24 hours at 140 degrees and served with a wild mushroom risotto that was to die for — It melted in ones mouth. -- It was too good to share :). We ended our dinner with the Chocolate soufflé which was probably the best I ever had. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic OverallSCHWARTZMDined on 7/12/2014A wonderful experience in all ways! The food was out of this world and the friendliest service I ever encountered. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversarySmilesDined on 7/10/2014Relaxed atmosphere, unique and delicious entrees, and friendly service. The Pan Seared Salmon and Crème brulee was exceptional. It was a special and romantic 15th anniversary celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Really MoroccanHappytoshareDined on 7/5/2014Okay, it was advertised as a French/Moroccan restaurant. However, other than Moroccan seasonings, goat and the word tagine , it was mostly a French restaurant. It has a French feel and ambiance, not an exotic North African vibe. That said, the food was delicious, though the menu is limited. The salmon and salads are tasty and the olives are amazing. The wait staff was efficient, but not friendly. The cook must be the passionate one. More ethnic food from the Moroccan region would be nice especially since many of the dishes in Morocco are vegetable based. There were no completely vegetarian dishes on the menu.Special Features:
- Loved this place!IndigoDined on 7/5/2014The service was beyond compare, food was delicious, wine was superb. Came here for dinner with a few friends. We ordered a bottle of wine, enjoyed a couple of filets, and had their amazing chocolate soufflé for dessert. Overall, a great experience for us and will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely and sublimeVictoireDined on 7/5/2014This is now one of my favorite restaurants in Miami. Wonderful food and best of all a great wines. Clearly a restaurant managed by people who care deeply about their product and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dinnerLassaleMDined on 7/5/2014A perfect dinner, the service was adorable, the food exquisite (a memorable lamb), perfectly cooked, and the wine was superb (awesome wines). A total must, and one of the best dinners I had in the past year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Miami meal ever!gorgarDined on 7/2/2014We have been visiting and eating in Miami for over 20 years and this is hands down the best meal and dining experience we have ever had there. It is the best we have had anywhere. We love food and and don't mind paying for a nice meal and this one was worth every penny. I highly recommend it. We had the fois gras, the goat tagine, the branzino and civet de lapin and Everyone loved their meals. The service was excellent. I cannot wait to make a trip back to eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excelent¡¡¡EMV11Dined on 7/2/2014The best place ever... Romantic, exquisit, unique!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularMelissaDined on 7/1/2014The food is excellent - flavor, freshness, presentation. It reminded me of the food prepared for us in Morocco . The setting is cozy and the staff pleasant and attentive. I definitely recommend with two thumbs up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousKellyEDined on 7/1/2014Rouge was fabulous! We brought our guests to Rouge for the first time and we were so pleased with the experience. The food was so fresh and flavorful, the service beyond friendly and the setting just divine.We will return on our next trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.