908 71st Street
Miami Beach, FL 33141Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rougecinecafe.com/
- Phone: 3057209125x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner:
Monday - Thursday: 12:00 Noon - 11:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 12:00 Noon - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Moroccan, French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Nabil Hach Al-Luch
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Rouge
Rouge prides itself to serve the best traditional Moroccan and French Cuisine in Town in the most romantic and Warm atmosphere you could possibly imagine while screening in the back ground old silent movies for your enjoyment. As If this wasn't enough, discover the Rouge Garden, an Outdoor space design to literately transport you anywhere in the Mediterranean Riviera, from St Tropez to Marrakesh. We invite you to come and experience our flavorful dishes, From the Creamy Pastis Escargot to The world famous "Bouillabaisse", from the Harira Soup to The Traditional Tagines. Rouge invites you to first rediscover the meaning of A Warm and Welcoming Feel as soon as you walk through the doors; A feeling only match by entering his own home. The Décor is "Rich" but "Simple" and yet the making of one of the Most Romantic Establishment in Miami. Owner and Executive Chef's Passion for food drives them to constantly reinvent themselves and their menu so every visit feels like a first visit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Rouge reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (70)great for outdoor dining (69)neighborhood gem (60)special occasion (59)fit for foodies (53)notable wine list (53)good for groups (40)scenic view (34)late-night find (33)great for lunch (26)kid-friendly (19)hot spot (9)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- MIXED FEELINGSOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014This restaurant has incredible potential. The food was delicious but the service lacked. Everyone in our table was extremely pleased with what they had ordered but complained about the lack of service provided. There inside dining area was also very hot which we complained several times and was not a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Rouge is a "GO"great2exploreDined on 8/23/2014To find such outstanding fare in Normandy (North Miami Beach) was a special and exciting experience. I bought the Groupon on a lark. My partner thinks our local restaurants (we live near Rouge) are mediocre and overpriced. Being a Viking, I need to explore before "pillaging". The exploration ended in an epiphany. The Boeuf Braise alone could pacify a maniac, and the quantity was enough to do so for two. The Mediterranean Sea Bass, baked in parchment paper, silenced forever all prejudicial views about the local gastronomic scene. I won, and so did Rouge. Bon Chance!Special Features:
- Vaness112Dined on 8/13/2014This was THE best restaurant I have been to in a while. It had such a romantic ambience, and service was spectacular. Took my girl there for her birthday, and I know she would never forget it. I reccomend this place to anybody looking to celebrate an anniversary or birthday with their significant other. ALso, PERFECT place to propose to your loved one. The photos online dont do justice to the garden area in the back, its absolutely beautiful. Prices are not that bad considering the menu and incredible food either. We got 2 entrees, 1 appetizer, 1 desert, and 2 glasses of wine along with sparkling water, and check was $140 INCLUDING 18% TIP!Special Features:
- Second time, not disappointed!!lokoifelDined on 8/4/2014This was our second time at Rouge and it was as good or better than our first time. The ambience was romantic and perfect for celebrating my wife's birthday. The braised beef with risotto was perfectly cooked and the sauce was amazing. When you go, you have to try their individual appetizers like bacon wrapped shrimp or dates or their awesome keftas!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clearly the BestStewartsDadVIPDined on 7/31/2014This "neighborhood" (ours) find has really transcended all of the other local favorites and become a destination for food lovers. We're lucky to live nearby, so it has become our regular "go-to" for outstanding food, lovely ambiance, and a relaxed atmosphere. We love the vine-covered garden, and if you hurry right now, you can help the staff harvest the grapes on the vines! They have a beautiful new grand piano, and in mid-September they will have a renowned pianist (and other musicians from time to time) playing. We've taken local and transcontinental guests here for special dinners. Can't say enough good things; don't miss it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!BmwcutieDined on 7/27/2014We had an amazing meal at Rouge. The food and service were outstanding. We were able to have a lovely talk with the owner on our visit and we can't wait to go back once the menu changes.Special Features:
- Could be betterTuyoDined on 7/25/2014I reserved a table a this restaurant based on the Open Table reviews and rating. However I must say that we were both disappointed by the food: too bland, too saucy. I've had better Maroccan and French food. On a scale of 0 to 10, I give the food a 4. Sorry! However the service is impeccable.Special Features:
- Contemporary French Gem!finefood4UVIPDined on 7/24/2014My husband and I dined at Rouge, Miami Beach last Thursday evening, after mistakenly dining at Rouge, Sunny Isles earlier in the week. Other than the name there is no connection between the restaurants. Rouge, Miami Beach is intimate, tastefully casual, serving contemporary French food. The Beets and Goat Cheese Napoleon appetizer, and the Cold Zucchini Mint Soup were both superb! We enjoyed the Endive Blue Cheese Salad, and the Branzino En Papillote entree. The branzino was not filleted but very fresh and delicious. For dessert the chocolate souffle is not to missed! The beautiful hanging vine garden out back is open for dining, weather permitting. We highly recommend Rouge for a quality dining experience, and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014Beautiful! Espectacular service, warm, friendly, food to die for. Gorgeous ambiance. A true gem! What are you waiting for, I'll be coming back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerLove26hopeDined on 7/19/2014My boyfriend and I went on my birthday And the dinner was amazing! We got the quality we expected for the price. We both ate the steak with fries and it was delicious! And for dessert the chocolate Nutella soufflé which was like the icing on the cake! The woman was just so nice. Such a good dinner it's a bit pricey but it was great! Would definitely recommend to those who want to invest on a good dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always AmazingStewartsDadVIPDined on 7/19/2014Easy to find in NoBe, the food and service are consistently amazing. French with Moroccan touches, my seasonal favorite is the cool courgette (zucchini) soup with mint. The tagines are perfection, the risotto with truffles superb. Forget those places in SoBe that want to ding you $75 for a steak; the prices here are moderate, the outdoor vine-covered courtyard is romantic, and it's the perfect place to wow out-of-town visitors. Don't miss it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heaven on EarthNataliaDined on 7/12/2014The food was AMAZING. I have no words to express how beautiful the four courses were to taste and experience along with a bottle of wine we ordered . I went with two foodie friends of mine. We split every dish so we could taste everything. Although I must admit we only got one dessert b/c we all were full by the 4th course; the dessert was heavenly. The owner personally serving every table was the best touch I've ever seen during my dining tenure. He took the time out to ask us about our experience, how we liked the food, what food we didn't like. A must for all foodies out there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top ChefRubenLDined on 7/12/2014Food was creative and beautifully presented. The lightly cooked branzino with Moroccan spices was sublime. I never had branzino quite like that . The braised beef was beautiful - I think it was cooked for 24 hours at 140 degrees and served with a wild mushroom risotto that was to die for — It melted in ones mouth. -- It was too good to share :). We ended our dinner with the Chocolate soufflé which was probably the best I ever had. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic OverallSCHWARTZMDined on 7/12/2014A wonderful experience in all ways! The food was out of this world and the friendliest service I ever encountered. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversarySmilesDined on 7/10/2014Relaxed atmosphere, unique and delicious entrees, and friendly service. The Pan Seared Salmon and Crème brulee was exceptional. It was a special and romantic 15th anniversary celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Really MoroccanHappytoshareDined on 7/5/2014Okay, it was advertised as a French/Moroccan restaurant. However, other than Moroccan seasonings, goat and the word tagine , it was mostly a French restaurant. It has a French feel and ambiance, not an exotic North African vibe. That said, the food was delicious, though the menu is limited. The salmon and salads are tasty and the olives are amazing. The wait staff was efficient, but not friendly. The cook must be the passionate one. More ethnic food from the Moroccan region would be nice especially since many of the dishes in Morocco are vegetable based. There were no completely vegetarian dishes on the menu.Special Features:
- Loved this place!IndigoDined on 7/5/2014The service was beyond compare, food was delicious, wine was superb. Came here for dinner with a few friends. We ordered a bottle of wine, enjoyed a couple of filets, and had their amazing chocolate soufflé for dessert. Overall, a great experience for us and will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely and sublimeVictoireDined on 7/5/2014This is now one of my favorite restaurants in Miami. Wonderful food and best of all a great wines. Clearly a restaurant managed by people who care deeply about their product and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dinnerLassaleMDined on 7/5/2014A perfect dinner, the service was adorable, the food exquisite (a memorable lamb), perfectly cooked, and the wine was superb (awesome wines). A total must, and one of the best dinners I had in the past year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Miami meal ever!gorgarDined on 7/2/2014We have been visiting and eating in Miami for over 20 years and this is hands down the best meal and dining experience we have ever had there. It is the best we have had anywhere. We love food and and don't mind paying for a nice meal and this one was worth every penny. I highly recommend it. We had the fois gras, the goat tagine, the branzino and civet de lapin and Everyone loved their meals. The service was excellent. I cannot wait to make a trip back to eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excelent¡¡¡EMV11Dined on 7/2/2014The best place ever... Romantic, exquisit, unique!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularMelissaDined on 7/1/2014The food is excellent - flavor, freshness, presentation. It reminded me of the food prepared for us in Morocco . The setting is cozy and the staff pleasant and attentive. I definitely recommend with two thumbs up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousKellyEDined on 7/1/2014Rouge was fabulous! We brought our guests to Rouge for the first time and we were so pleased with the experience. The food was so fresh and flavorful, the service beyond friendly and the setting just divine.We will return on our next trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingcidcoreaDined on 6/29/2014Great dining experience, food was outstanding, waitress was exceptional and environment was superb. Couldn'd have ask for more. Highly recommend it to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NY StandardsJALIZEDined on 6/29/2014We're from New York City; one of us had been to Rouge before, and it was the first time for the other. Not only did Rouge establish a high standard for Miami Beach; it is competitive with the best to be found in New York. From the friendly greeting at the door, to the table in the garden, to the imaginative menu, to the quality of the wine and the deliciousness of every course, it was a culinary experience at the highest level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestSharapovaDined on 6/29/2014Rouge is without a doubt the best in Miami. They make your dining experience so enjoyable that you want to keep returning. The food is outstanding and the service could not get any better. If you have not tried the Rouge you should try it in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Outdoor area, Increadible FoodnicolasDined on 6/28/2014Really nice place to have dinner for a special occasion, food is fantastic, service outstanding, and overall experience was outstanding. We had a great time having dinner at this place, the Goat was really delicious, same as the rissotto. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Amazing Gem!DonduDined on 6/20/2014I had an incredible time here, the food was fresh and delicious. Service was so personable and made us feel right at home. Perfect place to take a date and really enjoy not only ambiance but also amazing food! A perfect hidden gem, I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014We were blown away by the quality of the food both in taste and presentation. The service was excellent and relaxed. Will return for sure soon Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- ImpeccableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Outstanding dinner experience, the food, service and ambiance makes this restaurant a unique spot for a unique experience. I will return on my next trip. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worry not!LeslieBDined on 6/14/2014Enjoyed the food so much just couldn't wait to go back and take some friends. It is always a little nerve wracking to recommend a restaurant to others and not have it meet expectations. Worry not with Rouge as everyone left having spent 3.5 hours of gastronomic delight. Look forward to trying their Summer menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014My friends and I enjoyed our dining experience at Rouge. The beet and goat cheese Napoleon was delectable and complemented by the flavors of the pesto sauce. The salmon was cooked to perfection and was an ample portion. Our service was friendly and timelySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to be missedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014The food was excellent, fine French cuisine, but without being fussy. The menu was filled with classic French dishes like Civet de lapin and escargot. The service was friendly and helpful in answering questions about the menu. For dessert, don't miss out on the best soufflés. The decor looks amazing with a beautiful garden out back..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French diningGeorgeDined on 6/8/2014I took my wife to Rouge to celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary, and we had a wonderful time. The French onion soup is the best I have ever eaten, and our steaks were grilled to perfection. The staff gave us a complimentary dessert in honor of our anniversary, and service throughout the meal was exemplary, but non-intrusive. The wine list is very extensive and fits every palate and budget. I cannot recommend it enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- En EspañolpepeluisVIPDined on 6/7/2014Realmente teniamos desde hace tiempo mucha espectativa con este restaurant. La verdad es que supero todos los parametros de un buen restaurant. Es mas que eso, es un lugar a repetir muchas veces. Comida extraordinaria y atención fuera de serie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond in the roughKml6400VIPDined on 6/6/2014This is a true diamond in the rough. Based on the look of the surrounding shops and restaurants, I didn't expect Rouge to look like much on the inside but you will be truly amazed by how beautiful and romantic the restaurat's garden area is (and the inside is area was striking as well). Brick fireplace, bright mosaic tables, wandering vines...I could go on and on. But this place isn't just beautiful, the food and service were top notch. Tried French onion soup, beet salad, bacon-wrapped dates and the boeuf braise. All were great. The beef was enough for three people probably! It isn't a cheap date, but it's certainly worth every penny we spent for such a wonderful evening at a beautiful restaurant with excellent and very friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Dinner!bekrierVIPDined on 6/6/2014Rouge is GREAT. Wonderful wine, the most beautiful garden outside eating area, great food, lovely owners and wonderful service. We will be back (again and again)!Special Features:
- A wonderful surpriseFoodCriticDined on 6/4/2014Something drew me to this place and we decided to try it. What a surprise. It is now on my select list and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingvgilletDined on 6/1/2014This dining experience was so pleasant and delightful. Great light and well constructed meal with such amazing staff that were extremely friendly and knowledgeable. The decor was simple but extremely elegant, and the garden is awe inspiring. Very well kept , relaxing and beautiful mix of architecture and nature.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally made it to RougepietroEDined on 6/1/2014We had talked about going to Rouge ever since we arrived to Miami and we finally went. The service was excellent and the staff was very knowledgeable about the menu and wine. I would highly recommend Rouge especially for anyone who wants a unique dinning experience. I regret not eating here before now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.