14 East 60th Street
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
French AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rotisserieg.com/
- Phone: 2123908060x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Friday 12 noon - 3pm; 5pm - Midnight
Saturday 11:30 - Midnight
Monday to Friday 12 noon - 2:30pm
Saturday 12 noon - 3pm
Tuesday to Saturday 5:45 - 11pm
Monday 5:45 - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, French
- Executive Chef: Chad Brauze
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Rotisserie Georgette
The dining room combines casual comfort and sophistication with touches both rough-hewn and refined. The main attraction is the open kitchen’s rôtisserie ovens and their fine meats, poultry and fish turning over open flames. Abundant fresh vegetables, decadent potato dishes, heart-warming desserts, tempting cocktails & bites at the bar complete the picture. At lunch, we add generous main course salads and tempting pot pies, all in the spirit of Chef Chad Brauze's soul-satisfying French-American fare complemented by the warm welcome of your host, Georgette Farkas. The “ROTISSERIE TABLE” private room seats ten.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench American
Rotisserie Georgette - Best Restaurants in Upper East Side ›
Rotisserie Georgette reviews from OpenTable diners
148 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (69)neighborhood gem (53)great for lunch (42)special occasion (32)romantic (27)hot spot (27)notable wine list (25)good for groups (20)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (6)great for brunch (4)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- DivineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Not only did I have high expectations, but Rotisserie Georgette iced those expectations and added a few sparkler candles on top. Was a terrific meal, staff was friendly and gracious, and the food - the food! - divine all around.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/27/2014My friend and I had lunch prior to a Saturday matinee. I had read a favorable review in the New Yorker magazine. We both had the Poulet Frites because we like chicken and felt that this would be the best dish on the menu - were we wrong! The chicken was mediocre (and salty) and the French fries were so over-salted that we had to send them back. There was no salt or pepper on the table, so I guess they know that its never needed. The accompanying salad was just a handful of mixed greens (that you can get out of bag) with a little light tasteless dressing. Even the bread was poor. This dish was $29. The service and ambiance were very good, so my overall rating is for food.
- ERVUESERVUESVIPDined on 9/26/2014Have had dinner here several times - Food, Service, Ambiance - All superbSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot in Midtown!victoriansinNYCDined on 9/25/2014Having read about the new opening of Rotisserie Georgette in the New Yorker, we decided to try it out for lunch because we were staying close to the hotel! Everything was excellent!! The chicken and the potatoes were over the top! Wonderful and flavorful and done to perfection. The service was excellent and if you go at lunch and want to try their tart tatin, you need to request it in advance because it normally just is on the evening menu. We missed out but saw it served and it looked spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/25/2014Georgette Farkus has really opened a gem here. Coming from working with Boulud, she clearly knows what she is doing. Fantastic food and chicken prepared like I have never tried before. The potatoes (in fact, all the sides) are mouth-watering. And to boot, the waitstaff is top notch, happy and truly enjoyable.Special Features:
- Just too deliciousUpperEastsiderVIPDined on 9/24/2014The Poule de luxe and the rotisserie chicken are so divine, and the ever changing sides so yummy, that we break our vow to try the other items on the menu every time we go to Rotisserie Georgette. Georgette is a wonderful host, the place is humming, and the wine list always impresses with unusual, well thought out finds.Special Features:
- As good as it getswab51VIPDined on 9/22/2014After I left this restaurant, you can't stop thinking about how good the food is. It is quite pricey so it is perfect for a special occasion or a personal treatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd time not a charmblueiguanaVIPDined on 9/20/2014While the food was still generally good, everything was down a notch on this 3rd visit - the greeting, the staff, the service, forgetting drinks, etc - except for the noise, which was louder than in the past. Too bad.
- Sensational!NYCerDined on 9/20/2014Amazing poulet frites, amazing service, very reasonable prices. I love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MIKMIKDined on 9/20/2014wonderful food, attentive service, superb atmosphere.Special Features:
- DelightfulDaveMabeDined on 9/19/2014My wife and I shared the Salad G & Chicken for Two. Both were spectacular! Wine & dessert were equally pleasing. I would go back and try to get the same waiter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- like2eatDined on 9/19/2014roast chicken excellent as was house salad. Fries needed to be crisper and there was no tarragon taste though a few bits of tarragon were on a few fries.
- Great food, great servicedaveDined on 9/13/2014The chicken! The potatoes! Oh my god, the potatoes! This was a truly great meal, one of the best I've ever had. I recommend this restaurant highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensiveodaddyoDined on 9/13/2014The prices are rather high. We had 3 different chicken dishes at the table and quite frankly we were underwhelmed, especially when considering the prices. The roasted lamb dish was disappointing, it should have melted in my mouth. It was chewy, Service is amazing.Special Features:
- Draconian cancellation policyPeteDined on 9/13/2014The food was very good and the service excellent. Something I do not like, however, is their cancellation policy. You must give a credit card when making a reservation and if you do not cancel within 24 hours, you are charged $50 per person. We were a party of 4, so if we had had to cancel at the last minute, it would have been a $200 charge. Reminds me of the airlines! ThAt alone may keep me from returning.Special Features:
- Over rated by New Yorker magazineLadiesWhoLunchVIPDined on 9/12/2014Waiter was pushy - a bit arrogant - roast chicken was too salty for my taste - wine pricey ! Most likely will not return to this spotSpecial Features:
- Not good value for $JadoreVIPDined on 9/9/2014Small portions of delicious food is absolutely fine with me but in this case it was exaggeratedly too small and I left hungry after the "entree" size salad. It was good though!Special Features:
- ConnecticutyankeeDined on 9/6/2014pleasant, somewhat surprising space, expected something like a bistro but it was more of a genteel parlour Not what you call a foodie but I thought it very good, liked the souffle very much because it was just the right size - with great truffles - and not one of those large bowls Service very good at every level, felt very comfortable, what I would call solid at every levelSpecial Features:
- sseatsVIPDined on 9/2/2014Nothing special about their chicken. good peach Melba dessert.
- A wonderful lunchhollanriDined on 9/2/2014Georgette was recommended by friends. We are from out of town and wanted a mid-town place that was not "busy-busy". It fit the bill exactly. Although full, it was never loud or distracting. Service was excellent and the food was better. The rotisserie format was not limiting; we had great salads and appetizers; and the entrees were exquisite. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014The staff cannot be more friendly nor attentive. Food is fabulous. Kudos to Georgette!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food with a QuestionDarganVIPDined on 8/30/2014The fois gras poele was fabulous and worth every penny, the fries were the best I have had since Paris and the chicken was, indeed, perfectly roasted. One small minus: the chicken itself wasn't super tasty. I read that the birds come from Pennsylvania, but given the care in the roasting, the chickens themselves could have brought more to the table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect experienceNYCfoodiesVIPDined on 8/27/2014Incredible service and amazing, highest quality food. Chef Brauze's passion for amazing food and desire to please the palate of his customers is completely unique. THE place to go for a romantic evening, special occasion, or simply for a weekday evening treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningMommadukeDined on 8/23/2014I think that the wine by the glass was way over pricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Expensive for type food servedFoodieDined on 8/23/2014This is a very expensive restaurant, especially for the items being served. The Roasted Chicken was wonderful (half a chicken $24), Lamb Loin was good but not exceptional ($32), and Rotisserie Potatoes very good ($8). G's Salad was good ($16). Ambiance is nice. Worth a visit, but doubt that we will return. Service was good. A very nice wine list. People are dressed from very casual to business casual. You can order online for a picnic or pick-up.
- Great Food, Great ServiceKevlaarDined on 8/22/2014The chicken was very flavorful, you don't even need the sauce! The service was excellent, and they were accommodating for our late guest. Nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- dhb147ldhb147Dined on 8/19/2014Superb, satisfying cuisine. Beautiful room. Attentive professional service. Georgette sets the standard.Special Features:
- Lost its WayfoodluvrVIPDined on 8/15/2014We ate at Rotisserie Georgette the first Saturday it was open for lunch. It was wonderful - we congratulated both Georgette and the chef. We returned three or four times in rapid succession and loved every bite of the roast chicken and other tasty dishes. After several months, we booked a table last evening and what a disappointment. The chicken was overcooked, the service was ordinary and it was all overpriced - 1/2 roast chicken each, 2 starters (1 tomato tarte, 1 farro) 1 bottle of Provencal Rose (the only Provencal on the wine list): $210 with tip!!! Sorry to lose a former favorite in our neighborhood.
- Amazing Dessert-- Wonderful MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014As I entered the door, I was welcomed by amazing service. The waiter offered excellent suggestions, and we did not have to wait long for the waiter to ever circle back and ask if we needed anything. As for the ambiance, it was outstanding as well. There was plenty of people inside, and while it was energetic, it was never noisy. The food was excellent. The Poulet Roti avec Jus Provençe was excellent and moist. The Chocolate Trio, enjoyed with coffee, was the highlight of the meal for me. It was an excellent meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nyc11madVIPDined on 8/13/2014Chicken is absolutely delicious but the sauces need more flavor. Overall, a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chickylickyDined on 8/5/2014Food was very good..as was service: but noise level was out of control...difficult to have a viable conversation without shouting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Splendid ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/4/2014We heard lots of good things and found that our expectations were exceeded. Exceptional food and wonderful service and ambience. In short everything a high end dining experience should be.Special Features:
- Better the first timehungryVIPDined on 8/2/2014Loved the gazpacho and the pear salad the chicken was not as good as my first time at Georgette 's it was a little small a little dry and miniscule amount of stuffing. In a word disappointing. I do like the atmosphere. Maybe it was too late in the evening. I will try it again...
- Classic French Bistro FareCamWasVIPDined on 8/2/2014Rotisserie chicken perfectly cooked: service, decor and food all well executed. A delightful evening for the older crowd (no loud music, no fusion food mash-ups)Special Features:
- Not your everyday chickengourmandDined on 8/1/2014Although the menu is limited, they had 2 special, roast duck, and striped sea bass. Four of us shared the duck, the bass, and their whole chicken house special. Everything was delicious !!, even the sides were great. A bit on the expensive side, but portions are quite generous. We simply couldn't finish everything. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly StaffJoeBVIPDined on 7/31/2014Went for dinner. Staff was very friendly and really on top of their game. Food was good. My G salad was big, but, delicious. Roasted whole chicken was great. Stuffing was amazing! Drinks were good, too. Crazy Hungarian was very special. Nice place. Will return for sure.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superbe!PSvisitorVIPDined on 7/29/2014This was my second visit to Rotisserie Georgette, and it proved why I wished to return--the signature dish is without question the finest chicken I have ever eaten: moist, flavorful, and finished just right. The pommes frites are perfectly prepared and seasoned; the roasted potatoes are sublime. Although not inexpensive, this is my new favorite restaurant in all of NYC.Special Features:
- Very SpecialDoctorBVIPDined on 7/29/2014Marcus was accommodating; he graciously offered alternative seating; noted preferences, and lent me his pen. The ambiance is relaxing, tables are spaced so one doesn't feel squeezed. Naturally, we ordered chicken. My lunch partner repeatedly praised her chicken salad. My roast chicken (with fries) was "melt-in-your-mouth" terrific. The salad perfect. The portion was sufficiently ample for me to take some home for a later treat The waitstaff was efficient and unobtrusive. Georgette stopped at our table to bus a dish, make a recommendation, and talk about the chicken farm. She was charming. We were delighted with our dining experience and felt it was well worth the price, which is in keeping with the upscale neighborhood.Special Features:
- Great Midtown Restaurant.100proofVIPDined on 7/28/2014I thought both the concept and execution of Rostisserie Goergette were great. She is not trying to re-invent the wheel, rather she is doing great takes on classic dishes. The signature roast chicken was excellent, cooked perfectly. Sides, especially the fries were good. Georgette herself is excellent front of house. She is charming and gracious and made the meal that much more enjoyable.
- A true restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2014It's what you dream of in a restaurant. Professionally run. Simple proteins exceptionally prepared. Try the burrata w tomato vinaigrette and a roast chicken. Heaven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.