14 East 60th Street
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
French AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rotisserieg.com/
- Phone: 2123908060x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Friday 12 noon - 3pm; 5pm - Midnight
Saturday 11:30 - Midnight
Monday to Friday 12 noon - 2:30pm
Saturday 12 noon - 3pm
Tuesday to Saturday 5:45 - 11pm
Monday 5:45 - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, French
- Executive Chef: Chad Brauze
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Rotisserie Georgette
The dining room combines casual comfort and sophistication with touches both rough-hewn and refined. The main attraction is the open kitchen’s rôtisserie ovens and their fine meats, poultry and fish turning over open flames. Abundant fresh vegetables, decadent potato dishes, heart-warming desserts, tempting cocktails & bites at the bar complete the picture. At lunch, we add generous main course salads and tempting pot pies, all in the spirit of Chef Chad Brauze's soul-satisfying French-American fare complemented by the warm welcome of your host, Georgette Farkas. The “ROTISSERIE TABLE” private room seats ten.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench American
Rotisserie Georgette - Best Restaurants in Upper East Side ›
Rotisserie Georgette reviews from OpenTable diners
155 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (86)neighborhood gem (63)special occasion (42)great for lunch (41)hot spot (36)romantic (33)good for groups (30)notable wine list (28)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (5)great for brunch (5)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- PattyVIPDined on 10/18/2014Another great meal at RG, the best chicken I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/18/2014We enjoyed a fabulous meal here. House specialty of rotisserie chicken with Foie Gras accompanied by a half bottle of Dom Ruinart rose champagne. Perfect autumn lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentFloridaladiesDined on 10/17/2014This Was My Second Visit In 8 Days. It Was Great With My Friends, The Next Week I Took Husband. We Live In Florida And Were In The Area. We Needed Handicap Accessible And They Went Out Of Their Way To Make Our Dining Experience Phenomenal. Thank You All.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best ChickenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2014They make the best chicken I have ever had. The service and the ambiance are great. Neighborhood gem! The staff is very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- winner, winner, chicken dinnerprincessnellVIPDined on 10/16/2014We really enjoyed Rotisserie Georgette. Georgette, herself, greeted us with genuine warmth at the door, and the service throughout the evening carried through this warmth and care. Our waiter was friendly, efficient, solicitous but unobtrusive. The room and the clientele have an uptown vibe, but the experience is saved from stuffiness by airy blue and white French tiles along the back wall framing a view of the bright kitchen. We had the famous chicken with two sauces, as well as a special poussin with Marrakech spices. Everything was very well seasoned and cooked. The poussin was a favorite - very tender. Sides were wonderful - carrots, Brussels spouts and french fries. A little expensive, but that's expected in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- pastaloverVIPDined on 10/15/2014It was delicious but brought food out in 5 mins. Felt kind of rush. I understand they make the chicken all day and it's ready, but give us a few to drink the wine and relax. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Find Worth a Return VisitzweebachDined on 10/13/2014A recent write up in the Dallas Morning News described chicken the way it "tastes in your dreams" and I have to agree. I know people that say they won't order chicken in restaurants, but this place will change their minds. Along with sides such as glazed carrots and french fries, simple ingredients are elevated and presented at their best. We stopped in for a late lunch and wished we had more time to linger with a glass of wine or a dessert. Next time we'll make sure the calendar allows for a more relaxed meal.Special Features:
- Live2eatDined on 10/11/2014I never order chicken in a restaurant but tried it here as that is their signature dish. Delicious with the fois gras. Next time would try the duck or the rabbit to see what they can do with them. Super service and friendly staff including bartender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- marcoVIPDined on 10/11/2014enjoyed our dinner there. food was tasty and service very good would return
- A lovely birthdayMSSSVIPDined on 10/11/2014We enjoyed a perfectly delicious and delightful dinner to celebrate my birthday. The hostess took note of my husband's request for a more private table; and the energetic and enthusiastic waiter took us through the menu and faciltated the ordering process. The delicious dishes arrived in a timely manner, and the dinner was topped off by a candle in our shared dessert with my name in chocolate decorating the plate. I can't wait to celebrate another special occasion at Rotisserie Georgette.Special Features:
- ajajajVIPDined on 10/11/2014the decor is offputting leftovers from i dont know what, recommend sitting near the grills where the aroma is beautiful and dohave thebwhole chickenSpecial Features:
- FantasticFloridaladiesDined on 10/10/2014We will be coming back. Signature rotisserie chicken was great. Must have rotisserie potatoes. A friend ordered the baby Brussels sprouts. I usually would never eat brussel sprouts, I tasted them, they were the best vegatable I ever ate. All the ice creams are home made, I had the pistachio cream, it was fantastic. Great wine options as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lives up to the reviewsbenjaminVIPDined on 10/10/2014Excellent chicken (tried several sauces--classic sauce provençale is best), even better rotisserie potatoes. I almost never order chicken when dining out, as making a good roast chicken at home isn't difficult. However, the one at Rôtisserie G is really great: perfectly cooked and seasoned, nicely carved--and the rotisserie potatoes were a highlight (be prepared for mega calories). If the tarte tatin is on offer, don't miss it: not overly sweet, served with a nice dollop of crême fraiche. It can feed 3-4 people.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/30/2014Limited menu. $16 for an appetizer of gazpacho seemed expensive. Noise level got extremely high as restaurant filled up. Beautiful space.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roasted ChickentoninosVIPDined on 9/29/2014On my way home from ocean city maryland myself and my wife were really in the mood for a roasted 1/2 chicken and we came across your place on yelp, the place looked nice came across a few good reviews so we decided to try it. I'm sure you have plenty of good food but unfortunately our roasted chicken was really dry, it was horrible I myself would have never thought a place such as yours would ever serve such dry chicken.Special Features:
- DivineHelenKDined on 9/27/2014Not only did I have high expectations, but Rotisserie Georgette iced those expectations and added a few sparkler candles on top. Was a terrific meal, staff was friendly and gracious, and the food - the food! - divine all around.Special Features:
- DisappointingAdrienne622Dined on 9/27/2014My friend and I had lunch prior to a Saturday matinee. I had read a favorable review in the New Yorker magazine. We both had the Poulet Frites because we like chicken and felt that this would be the best dish on the menu - were we wrong! The chicken was mediocre (and salty) and the French fries were so over-salted that we had to send them back. There was no salt or pepper on the table, so I guess they know that its never needed. The accompanying salad was just a handful of mixed greens (that you can get out of bag) with a little light tasteless dressing. Even the bread was poor. This dish was $29. The service and ambiance were very good, so my overall rating is for food.
- ERVUESERVUESVIPDined on 9/26/2014Have had dinner here several times - Food, Service, Ambiance - All superbSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot in Midtown!victoriansinNYCDined on 9/25/2014Having read about the new opening of Rotisserie Georgette in the New Yorker, we decided to try it out for lunch because we were staying close to the hotel! Everything was excellent!! The chicken and the potatoes were over the top! Wonderful and flavorful and done to perfection. The service was excellent and if you go at lunch and want to try their tart tatin, you need to request it in advance because it normally just is on the evening menu. We missed out but saw it served and it looked spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!JJB1015Dined on 9/25/2014Georgette Farkus has really opened a gem here. Coming from working with Boulud, she clearly knows what she is doing. Fantastic food and chicken prepared like I have never tried before. The potatoes (in fact, all the sides) are mouth-watering. And to boot, the waitstaff is top notch, happy and truly enjoyable.Special Features:
- Just too deliciousUpperEastsiderVIPDined on 9/24/2014The Poule de luxe and the rotisserie chicken are so divine, and the ever changing sides so yummy, that we break our vow to try the other items on the menu every time we go to Rotisserie Georgette. Georgette is a wonderful host, the place is humming, and the wine list always impresses with unusual, well thought out finds.Special Features:
- As good as it getswab51VIPDined on 9/22/2014After I left this restaurant, you can't stop thinking about how good the food is. It is quite pricey so it is perfect for a special occasion or a personal treatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd time not a charmblueiguanaVIPDined on 9/20/2014While the food was still generally good, everything was down a notch on this 3rd visit - the greeting, the staff, the service, forgetting drinks, etc - except for the noise, which was louder than in the past. Too bad.
- Sensational!NYCerDined on 9/20/2014Amazing poulet frites, amazing service, very reasonable prices. I love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MIKMIKDined on 9/20/2014wonderful food, attentive service, superb atmosphere.Special Features:
- DelightfulDaveMabeDined on 9/19/2014My wife and I shared the Salad G & Chicken for Two. Both were spectacular! Wine & dessert were equally pleasing. I would go back and try to get the same waiter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- like2eatDined on 9/19/2014roast chicken excellent as was house salad. Fries needed to be crisper and there was no tarragon taste though a few bits of tarragon were on a few fries.
- Great food, great servicedaveDined on 9/13/2014The chicken! The potatoes! Oh my god, the potatoes! This was a truly great meal, one of the best I've ever had. I recommend this restaurant highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensiveodaddyoDined on 9/13/2014The prices are rather high. We had 3 different chicken dishes at the table and quite frankly we were underwhelmed, especially when considering the prices. The roasted lamb dish was disappointing, it should have melted in my mouth. It was chewy, Service is amazing.Special Features:
- Draconian cancellation policyPeteDined on 9/13/2014The food was very good and the service excellent. Something I do not like, however, is their cancellation policy. You must give a credit card when making a reservation and if you do not cancel within 24 hours, you are charged $50 per person. We were a party of 4, so if we had had to cancel at the last minute, it would have been a $200 charge. Reminds me of the airlines! ThAt alone may keep me from returning.Special Features:
- Over rated by New Yorker magazineLadiesWhoLunchVIPDined on 9/12/2014Waiter was pushy - a bit arrogant - roast chicken was too salty for my taste - wine pricey ! Most likely will not return to this spotSpecial Features:
- Not good value for $JadoreVIPDined on 9/9/2014Small portions of delicious food is absolutely fine with me but in this case it was exaggeratedly too small and I left hungry after the "entree" size salad. It was good though!Special Features:
- ConnecticutyankeeDined on 9/6/2014pleasant, somewhat surprising space, expected something like a bistro but it was more of a genteel parlour Not what you call a foodie but I thought it very good, liked the souffle very much because it was just the right size - with great truffles - and not one of those large bowls Service very good at every level, felt very comfortable, what I would call solid at every levelSpecial Features:
- sseatsVIPDined on 9/2/2014Nothing special about their chicken. good peach Melba dessert.
- A wonderful lunchhollanriDined on 9/2/2014Georgette was recommended by friends. We are from out of town and wanted a mid-town place that was not "busy-busy". It fit the bill exactly. Although full, it was never loud or distracting. Service was excellent and the food was better. The rotisserie format was not limiting; we had great salads and appetizers; and the entrees were exquisite. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014The staff cannot be more friendly nor attentive. Food is fabulous. Kudos to Georgette!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food with a QuestionDarganVIPDined on 8/30/2014The fois gras poele was fabulous and worth every penny, the fries were the best I have had since Paris and the chicken was, indeed, perfectly roasted. One small minus: the chicken itself wasn't super tasty. I read that the birds come from Pennsylvania, but given the care in the roasting, the chickens themselves could have brought more to the table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect experienceNYCfoodiesVIPDined on 8/27/2014Incredible service and amazing, highest quality food. Chef Brauze's passion for amazing food and desire to please the palate of his customers is completely unique. THE place to go for a romantic evening, special occasion, or simply for a weekday evening treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningMommadukeVIPDined on 8/23/2014I think that the wine by the glass was way over pricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Expensive for type food servedFoodieDined on 8/23/2014This is a very expensive restaurant, especially for the items being served. The Roasted Chicken was wonderful (half a chicken $24), Lamb Loin was good but not exceptional ($32), and Rotisserie Potatoes very good ($8). G's Salad was good ($16). Ambiance is nice. Worth a visit, but doubt that we will return. Service was good. A very nice wine list. People are dressed from very casual to business casual. You can order online for a picnic or pick-up.