Roti8 - Blackhawk/Danville
3483 Blackhawk Plaza Circle
Danville, CA 94506Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
Roti8 - Blackhawk/Danville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.roti8.com/
- Phone: 9252632750
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:30-3:00
Brunch: Saturday-Sunday 11:00-3:00
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 4:00-9:00
Dinner: Friday-Saturday 4:00-10:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European
- Executive Chef: Cyrus Irudistan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Roti 8 offers its guests an indoor private dining room that comfortably seats up to 32 people. During "patio" season, we can accomodate up to 60 people on our patio. If you're interested in even larger arrangements, contact us about buying out Roti8 for the day and we will cater completely to you!
A word from Roti8 - Blackhawk/Danville
Located in the heart of Blackhawk Plaza, Roti8 offers high quality Europe inspired cuisine in a fun, casual, and family welcoming atmosphere. The focal point of our cuisine "rotates" around our rotisserie cooked free-range chicken marinated in our 8 Treasure Spice blend as well as dishes influenced by the foods of Spain, Italy, and France. All of our food is served family style as trying a little bit of everything is the best way to experience our concept. Nibble on the day’s selection of artisanal meats and cheeses while you split a dozen oysters or a seasonal salad or sandwich. Or pick at one of our oven-fired pizzettas while you share a selection of Spain inspired small plates. Kids will be eager to feast on a menu designed specifically to feed and entertain them. Our goal is to populate Roti8's menu with items that attract people of all ages and backgrounds. In a sense, we want everyone to love Roti8 for their own specific reasons.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Roti8 - Blackhawk/Danville reviews from OpenTable diners
- Good family spot.MycacheDined on 10/4/2012We popped in for a quick dinner with our young children. Great kids menu and awesome rotisserie chicken. Appetizers were ok but not great. Great service. A bit cold and breezy even inside.Special Features:
- The food was not as good asOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012The food was not as good as expected. The dipping sauces for the Rotisserie chicken were not good at all.Special Features:
- A very nice place to hae aOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/23/2012A very nice place to hae a meal. The staff is friendly and the food is very good. We will return.Special Features:
- This place really has potential.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2012This place really has potential. I love the chicken which is thier specialty but I would hope that they expand thier menu with mbetter salad options. The service still feels like a new place trying to get it right. I have been there a few times and hope that it gets in its groove soon. It is in a great location!Special Features:
- Felt like Roti is on the "goingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/19/2012Felt like Roti is on the "going out of business" list.... Barely anyone in the restaurant and the few tables that were seated were off in the corners by the bathrroms alls with no view. Anywone walkeing by would think NO ONE was dining there, (seat people visible from the entrance) and would keep on going. Some dishes were good (short rib, bolognese) -- others were questionble and weren't even that hot. We'd been before and our group had mixed reviews....so we tried it again, but this time we won't likely go back. The new Italian place and Prickly Pear were packed, but Roti was vacant.Special Features:
- This was our first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012This was our first time at Roti8, 2 of us had the prime rib special very tasty, Pork chop to die for fell off the bone, appetizers were delicious, Will be back, Thank you for a great eveningSpecial Features:
- Rotisserie chicken, theirAbotelVIPDined on 9/8/2012Rotisserie chicken, their specialty, is quite good. Servers pleasant but clueless. Timing of serving is rediculous;virtually everything comes at once!
- We requested patio diningmygalsalDined on 9/3/2012We requested patio dining and our table was set up and waiting for us. We loved the made for sharing dishes. The free range chicken was superb! (moist and flavorful) We highly recommend. We had 2 children in our party. They were entertained by the ducks on the water and also enjoyed the different dipping sauces.Special Features:
- Short Ribs were off the charts.WaterstatsVIPDined on 8/31/2012Short Ribs were off the charts. Desserts were very, very good. Nice to see a place doing well in this spot. The place was packed from couples to large families.Special Features:
- Relaxing outside atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2012My parents and I had a very enjoyable lunch outside next to the pond. The sandwiches were delicious and reasonable. Service great. My parents are in the immediate neighborhood and will be returning. I will also the next time I am in the area.Special Features:
- Fun restaurant with a niceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2012Fun restaurant with a nice selection of small plates & appetizers. Cocktails were a bit weak. Lovely outdoor seating - although a bit crowded.Special Features:
- Recommend!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/19/2012Our group ordered off the lunch menu yesterday and everything was delicious. Chicken with lemon vinaigrette dressing was delicious; eggplant sandwich was outstanding. Everything was good - nice unique lunch selections and you can eat under $20/person. Service could not have been better.Special Features:
- Should have had the Rotisserie!DavidVIPDined on 8/17/2012Outstanding food! Phenomenal service! Our server was outstanding!!! :) We had tapas, but I really wanted to have Rotisserie Chicken!! Chicken looked so juicy! NEXT TIME!!!!Special Features:
- Better not ask for patio seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/17/2012(1) At reception, we were told our request for patio seating could not be honored. We believe they lied to us when they said the OpenTable reservation specifically requested that it NOT be on the patio, which is untrue. Then, we were seated with a clear view of THREE unused tables for four on the patio, and at least two of them were unused during the entire time of our meal! When we commented on this to the greeter, her excuse was that the reservations had been No-Shows, but this makes no sense because (a) the time of those reservations was already a no-show BEFORE we got there and (b) I specifically asked if we could be moved to one of the empty tables and was rebuffed. (2) Noise level too high!!!
- Everthing was fine exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2012Everthing was fine except for the noise level. We ate inside and no one, old or young, could hear. I might go back and sit outside, but it would depend on the weather.Special Features:
- This is the third restaurantdanapanaDined on 8/1/2012This is the third restaurant in this space and by far the best. Food is delicious & outdoor dining is nice. Some of their servers are young & not savvy. Umbrellas should be moved to block sun without asking, when moving an umbrella for one table make sure it doesn't put sun directly in the eyes of another table, couples are seated right next to each other even when the entire patio is open. This was a birthday dinner & nothing special was done/offered by the restaurant. Not that they are obligated to do anything, but why ask if it is a special occasion if you aren't going to do anything with the info. I think Roti 8 has figured everything out for the perfect dining experience except some of their waitstaff needs more training.Special Features:
- We love Roti8 and recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/4/2012We love Roti8 and recommend the restaurant to all our friends - the chicken is superb!Special Features:
- Ambiance & Chicken, Skip the RestWeluvmeatDined on 6/14/2012Like the ambiance. Like the location. The chicken is quite good. Then it stops there. They say they're family style, but it's more of a small plates situation. I live in the area, and I get that restaurants in this area are not known for their great economy. Still, I found the portion size ridiculous relative to the cost, not to mention we didn't like over half the sides. We spent roughly $450 for eight people, only two individual glasses of wine. That's a lot for chicken and some cheap sides. On the plus side, the wait staff had just the right amount of attentiveness for our needs. They need to seriously revisit their menu before I go back.Special Features:
- Usually, service is not good.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/9/2012Usually, service is not good. But this time it was very good. The food was very good as usual. They have taken feedback and eliminated some poor food items.Special Features:
- The hanger steak was quitewhitegatephilVIPDined on 6/9/2012The hanger steak was quite good. All three vegetable side dishes were poor in quality due being over cooked and heavily over-spiced. It's a lovely place without a good dining value. It is also very noisy.
- The food was delicious withNancyDined on 6/8/2012The food was delicious with a great variety. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- A must visitBrookeDined on 6/1/2012This was my first experience at Roti8 and I will definitely return time and time again. Exceptional appetizers started off our evening. Followed by delicious rotisserie chicken accompanied by a lovely and unique assortment of dipping sauces. The sangria was not only beautiful to look at, but very exquisitely prepared. Loved it! Dessert was over the top in proportion and delivered every bit on flavor. The patio overlooking the pond is perfect. Didn't sit at the table with the firepit in the middle, but if I came back with a group, that would be fabulous. Our service was personable, informative and prompt. Well done!!Special Features:
- Its just... OKScarlettDined on 5/13/2012Its just OK. Am not looking forward to going back. It is very noisy and the menu is just... OK. Nothing special. the service is good; they are very accomodating but they need to carpet the restaurant or find another way to soften the loudness. If they did that and bumped up the menu I would return because the blackhawk plaza is a very pleasant venue.
- the short ribs have been excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2012the short ribs have been excellent each time. This time we ordered a half chicken plus small plates and we were not disappointed. Food is not fancy but is good and an excellent choice for the family.Special Features:
- Been there five times now,ExpertEaterVIPDined on 5/11/2012Been there five times now, really trying to love it but it's not happening. The roasted chicken portion is very small for what you pay. If you are going to serve a whole chicken for $22, make sure it's a decent size. Try using a Costco chicken.....loved bread salad under the chicken main reason I keep going back, very inconsistent though. This time bread was scorched and very dry. Husband had Leg of Lamb, said okay. Short Ribs first visit were good, 2nd visit not so much. Our waiter, Mike I believe with glasses was excellent. He has waited on us prior and is a bright spot in the restaurant. I hope food improves, location is great.Special Features:
- Prime Rib Top NotchOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/5/2012Had the special... Prime Rib (Saturday and Sunday only) and it was very enjoyable. My wife had the flat iron steak with fries and she enjoyed it.Special Features:
- This restaurant covers allModernistVIPDined on 5/2/2012This restaurant covers all the bases, we are lucky to have a San Francisco style restaurant in our neighborhood. Slower night so service seemed to match in the beginning then picked up speed.Special Features:
- Nice setting, but that's about itOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 4/26/2012I love the setting in Blackhawk Plaza, this place would be great in the Summer to eat outside. The hostess and waitress were very young and needed more training. We had a vegan friend with us and the waitress didn't know what vegan was and asked the chef if there was anything vegan on the menu and he said no. A good chef would create something fabulous to make the customer happy.
- First time there and definitelyGirltymDined on 4/13/2012First time there and definitely will not be the last! Delicious cobb salad which was not chopped but serves with crisp romine lettuce slice and tasty dressing. Also loved the French onion soup - made me think I was back in Paris.Special Features:
- Good Inexpensive DiningCeltiCaitDined on 3/31/2012Nice place. Liked Laurus in this space before it became Roti8, too. Good cuisine, decent pricing. Some dishes need work, but others were great.Special Features:
- Avoid this horrible place!ADinerVIPDined on 3/30/2012We looked forward to the opening of this restaurant and have tried to support our local merchants. It's such a shame that this restaurant went downhill so quickly. It will not survive if they keep serving poor quality food in ever smaller portions. The waitstaff acts like they do not want to be there and they make no effort to make you feel like you are being taken care of. Hate it more and more and we will not go back. Ever!
- We got seated in the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 3/30/2012We got seated in the best table, the round pub style table which was great! Service was really good. Ambiance was great. Food was good. Desserts are fantastic , great for sharing!Special Features:
- All the dishes that our tableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/27/2012All the dishes that our table ordered seemed to be too oily, including the dip for the bread basket. The chicken noodle soup was thin and oily, and did not have enough chicken in it. The poached pear salad was oily too... the heavy use of oil made the salad seem overdressed, though the pears were good. My friend had the tuna nicoise salad, and it was very oily too.
- Food was okay. Ate at barOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 3/24/2012Food was okay. Ate at bar - had a great time interacting with bar tender and bar service was exceptional.
- The other reviewers were right,rachelDined on 3/24/2012The other reviewers were right, a very noisy place. Luckily we were seated in a smaller front room that started out quieter, until the large table next to us had had a few more drinks, at which point the noise level rose. The front room, however, had some room deoderizer sprayed in it, which interfered with the taste of the food. We commented on it to the waitress, who agreed and would notify the manager. Hopefully they will stop it. The food was Ok. The chicken was moist and tender and tasty. Large portions, so we took home half our meals. Prices looked reasonable, until you add in salads and sides, at which point the final tab matched the better restaurants in the area.
- Maybe they're having a bad day!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/24/2012We were early and they wouldn't seat us (place was empty). When our server first came to the table, rather than saying hello he literally just stood and stared at us. We looked up and finally he spoke, "Drinks?" Ummm...yeah, hello to you too. With very few customers around, the service was quite slow. I'm tempted to say "poor" for service but it has to be horrible for me to say "poor" so I'll go with "fair." The food and drinks were actually good. The chicken was flavorful and juicy, pizzetta was yummy, and empanadas were ok. We thought of ordering more food/drinks but our server seemed "inconvenienced" so we skipped. They didn't even offer a dessert menu to us so no comment there. Maybe our server was having a bad day? We'd try agSpecial Features:
- Nice wait staff, great food,bestdinerVIPDined on 3/23/2012Nice wait staff, great food, nice atmosphere -- Great for a girls lunch out!Special Features:
- Much too loud.. Meat veryOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/22/2012Much too loud.. Meat very overcooked and salty. Shrimp appetizer tasty but swimming in oil. Not necessary. Expensive. Won't be coming back. Second time we've tried. Other places I can go spend $80 for two, no drinks, and enjoy the food and atmosphere
- I have been to Roti8 for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/16/2012I have been to Roti8 for dinner previously, which was great. The only complaint I have was that the food we ordered for lunch was just fair. Three of us all had the rotisserie chicken sandwich. The bread was pretty dry and cold, you couldn't taste the aoli at all...it was like a sandwich I'd make at home. The dessert was delicious though!Special Features:
- Mediocre food, poor ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/15/2012Not promising. There was an attempt to charm up the place with murals but it just doesn't work. The restaurant felt institutional, lacked warmth. Table linens would help but the space just wasn't working for me. Oh, the food. Imbalanced in quality and generally unremarkable. Duck confit wasn't. Left me wondering if they know what it was. What it was was dry, so overcooked there was little flavor left. My colleague said the French Onion soup was very good, not overly salty; but that was not enough for either of us to return. Look elsewhere.