6319 Northern Blvd
East Norwich, NY 11732Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chasrothmanns.com/
- Phone: (516) 922-2500
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm-10:00pm
Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Mark Serrantino
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you're having an intimate dinner, a private party, a business event or a gala celebration Rothmann's is the perfect setting for you and your guests. Our event planner will help you make your special event absolutely perfect. And of course, the food and service at Rothmann's is nothing short of impeccable.
We can accommodate up to 180 people in our three unique, beautifully appointed dining rooms. Or choose one of our private party room offering the elegant style and grace of an authentic Long Island Gold Coast Mansion. The Library Room can comfortably accomdate 50 guests while the Pine Room can accomodate 40 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Julie Goodman 516-922-2500x
- Special Events: Our event planner will handle everything for you, right down to the smallest detail. They'll help you choose from a sumptuous selection of world-class cuisine, while our friendly, knowledgeable sommelier will help you pick the perfect wines to compliment your menu. Evening events can be hosted in either of our two private parties and afternoon parties are available Monday - Saturday. Our private library room holds 55 guests while the pine room holds 40 guests.
A word from Rothmann's Steakhouse
Rothmann’s upholds the traditions of the past by serving a classic steakhouse menu with great additions from the present. We serve only the best, USDA Prime Dry-Aged steaks. Inventive daily black board specials with sushi and fresh local fish. A redesigned bar with an expanded whisky and bourbon list should broaden you palate. And our new wine dispensing system that pours 2, 4, or 6 ounce pours of first growth Bordeaux and cult Napa cabernets to perfection. Come experience the grandeur of Long Island’s famed Gold Coast for yourself, where prime dry-aged steaks and great wine have become tradition.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Rothmann's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in East Norwich ›
Rothmann's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (49)good for groups (39)fit for foodies (36)neighborhood gem (36)notable wine list (35)great for brunch (27)romantic (23)vibrant bar scene (20)hot spot (17)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (8)great for lunch (6)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- A favorite!SampadDined on 11/20/2014Love this restaurant for dependable food and service. Great for business and family when you want fine dining and excellent food. The steaks are superb but so is the sushi and the lobster--probably the best steamed 3 punter I ever ate. The sommelier is excellent and the wine he helps you choose are fabulous. This is truly a favorite of mine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch Was GreatFatherof4Dined on 11/16/2014Our entire table form our 12 year old to Grandpa enjoyed all the great offerings. From the fantastic seafood of shrimp, lobster and sushi to the handmade omlettes and pancakes, everythign was great. Everyone at our table made two runs to the buffet and then again for dessert. Teh mood was enegetic and up beat and the wait staff was very attentive. Will be going back again for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't miss a beat!SunnySkiesDined on 11/15/2014The food was great, service was impeccable. The neighborhood even lost power, and they didn't miss a beat, just kept on going with excellent service until the power came back shortly thereafter. They have enough emergency lights that it wasn't a problem. Great evening!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak & ServicelovingDined on 11/15/2014The food. Is great Wish the room was more up to date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had higher expectationsFrednycVIPDined on 11/14/2014There are several steak places on LI and Rothmann's is always on the list, but the carry through at dinner on Saturday was less than anticipated. Need to try again to determine if it was just an off night.
- Friends& steak go togetherCarolforDined on 11/8/2014We love rothmans. The food, and service are excellent. Its a great place to bring friends for an evening out. We'll most definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid SteakhousepmnyVIPDined on 11/7/2014Food and service is always very good at Rothmann's. Sushi is great! Great wine list alsoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/7/2014Great menu for lunch, and classy place to bring a business contact. Because they just started opening for lunch, it was quiet, but now I will definitely return for a dinner meal there one night. My dining companion recommended their brunch as well, so really have to try that.Special Features:
- Chase's FavoriteNeilVIPDined on 11/2/2014Rothmann's always delivery quality food and service in a relaxing and not too stiff environment. We also return to this great restaurant for a special occasion or a Sunday dinner. Never disappoints-- Bravo!Special Features:
- Hi!BVLuvsteakVIPDined on 11/2/2014Rothman's is one of my favorite places to dine. The food is excellent as is the service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/25/2014Service excellent, managers involved in service , food very good . ConsistentSpecial Features:
- Very goodDaisyMae4Dined on 10/24/2014Had a gift certificate , took a friend who is very hard to please, she loved it!!Special Features:
- Kobe Steak was awesomeBelsaraquDined on 10/23/2014We went for our anniversary. The wine selection is great and the sommelier is terrific. This month they had a Kobe steak on the menu and it was top 5 for me lifetime. A great suburban steakhouse that competes with the City. Staff is terrific too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best SteakPHapsDined on 10/20/2014Great evening out celebrating my nephew (and Godson's) 21st birthday!
- Great SteakhousepmnyVIPDined on 10/18/2014One of the better steakhouse on LI. Not only great steak and seafood, but recently add sushi is fantastic. Great wine selection and great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not What It Use To BeEGGSDined on 10/17/2014Have gone here for years. It use to have a great vibe. Now since the renovations it is just good food with good service at a very expensive price. Nothing great. It is no longer an energetic and fun dining experience. We won't be going back anytime soon. There are just too many excellent steak house restaurants in the area that offer a better dining experience. Very sad. We use to love Rothmans.
- Never Disappoints!arfalconDined on 10/12/2014We had a table of 8 to celebrate our son's 19th birthday, and everything was perfect. From the sushi to the steak, the food was magnificent. The Kobe steak was literally melt-in-your-mouth, and the sushi we started with was perfect. Excellent side-dishes too. We love this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always funArgoldsteVIPDined on 10/10/2014Great place for dinner-Saturday night is always crowded - servers are very good- managers are always there to make sure customers are happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewBillVIPDined on 10/9/2014The restaurant is cheap. They won't let you taste the wine before you order a glass. I find that ridiculous and have never had that in any restaurant I have been to. It prevents ordering a glass and sending it back. The food was just ok. My daughter steak was ok and for a filet had grizzle in it. My salmon was just ok and had little taste to it.
- YummyKarenessVIPDined on 10/5/2014It was a very nice experience. We came early, and were seated immediately. We were 4 adults, a 4 year old, and a toddler. The wait staff couldn't have been nicer to us...even when the toddler spilled my drink (that was replaced), and made a mess all over the floor. The only down side was that there was a tremendous delay between courses. It took 2 hours for dinner...the kids' patience only lasted an hour and a half.Special Features:
- OnthetownDined on 10/5/2014Had an early dine out on Sunday 10/5 so literally had the staff to myself. Food, service, wine list. All very good. My 10th year patronizing them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid steakhousepmnyVIPDined on 9/27/2014Great food and service. Great wine list. Nice place to come with friends or just to have a nice meal with your familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingChrisDined on 9/27/2014Best meal I have ever had service was good then came and cleaned table in between each course. Best steak and deserts waitor was friendly vallet parking was running good as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No losers on the menu!IgnoreTheDrDined on 9/22/2014Awesome, quality food. Great drinks. Attentive staff. Wonderful wine list! I brought some close friends from the UK. It was their 1st time ever in the U.S. and they got to enjoy what steaks should really be! The kung pao calamari made a 180 degree convert, of the calamari hater in our group! Bravo guys! We'll be back!Special Features:
- harriettDined on 9/21/2014Rothmann's steakhouse has the best brunch in town. I have been to many brunches this is by far the best brunch I have ever been to in town and out of town.I only drink wine and they have an extensive wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TonyLDined on 9/20/2014Other than noisy, everything was perfect. I would go back again in a minute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Standard SteakhouseLexBDined on 9/20/2014What can you expect from such a notable restaurant such as Rothmann's? Great food, Great service, Great Wine, Great everything. Rothmann's delivered on all except the service. Waiter barely even spoke to us at all. Gave us his name, then the menus and walked away. He Never spoke about recommendations or specials, and when he took our order for a party of 6 (apps/soups, main course and sides per person) he didn't write anything down. This would have been great had he not missed some side orders and he also had to come back to ask again for steak temperature. Also, when the plates were served, they gave people the wrong dishes, we had to switch to the correct plates. Not what you expect from a quality restaurant such as this.Special Features:
- Great!SaraDined on 9/20/2014We love this restaurant! We were celebrating a 50th birthday with three other couples and we were very happy with our choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Endless brunchNomnomnomDined on 9/14/2014Lots of food options at brunch, from omelette station to lobster plus chocolate fountain for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Steakhouse on North ShorepmnyVIPDined on 9/7/2014Very good steakhouse with great food and excellent service. Wine list is well stocked with a wide variety from different countries. The sommelier is very helpful, knowledgeable and upbeat. He adds a energy to the dinning experience. Very good sushi is served should you not want steak. Nice bar area with friendly bar staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a good time.foodie61Dined on 9/7/2014The food was good and I would recommend this restaurant to othersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedKarenVIPDined on 8/30/2014We were disappointed with our experience. Are you a sushi restaurant or a steak restaurant? 2nd.... Two waiters did not know where the oysters came from and what kind they were. 3rd... Where was the bone from the prime rib? 4th... Cream spinach had an odd flavor to it. Expensive and not up to par with the other steak places in the area!Special Features:
- Perfect!!!ASKBDined on 8/30/2014An excellent experience. Steaks cooked to everyone at the table's requests...amazing. Sides were tasty, and the service great.Special Features:
- queenlambVIPDined on 8/23/2014We haven't been here is about a year because the food was terrible. Well......food is still terrible. I had grilled calamari it was slimy and my husbands swordfish was really fishy......off the listSpecial Features:
- CritiqueRickieDined on 8/20/2014The food, service, ambiance was nothing short of impeccable. Would recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best steak house on long islandOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014from the bar before dinner to dessert class act all the waySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!arfalconDined on 8/16/2014We had a group of eleven for dinner, and Rothmann's handled us like the pros they are. The food was delicious, the service was excellent, and everybody was delighted. Much more than a steakhouse, Rothmann's has fantastic sushi and fish selections, as well as all the beef, pork and chicken selections you'd expect. And the wine list is INCREDIBLE.Special Features:
- Amazing foodYummyTummyDined on 8/10/2014We celebrated my MIL's birthday and it was our first time here. The food was amazing - specifically the quality. The seafood was fresh and much better than the normal brunch fare. The prepared dishes were flavorful and delish. What was really wonderful was how delicious simple things were, like Belgium waffles and pancakes - they were some of the best I've ever had. My only disappointment - There was a chocolate tower that kept breaking down, and not enough things to dip into it. The cookies and brownies were good, but I was surprised that there were no tarts or pies, or mousse. And there was a displaced quiche Lorraine in the middle of all the desserts which was a little strange. All in all, we are definitely going back...ASAP!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tip already includedYummiesDined on 8/10/2014We were a group of 4 for their awesome (unlimited oysters & lobsters) brunch. We were surprised to find our check already included 18% gratuity. I thought gratuities were charged in advance for large groups and such. But gratuity aside, food was good!Special Features:
- Another Great DinnerBrutus70VIPDined on 8/8/2014We had not been to Rothmann's in a couple of months. We decided we wanted a steak for dinner and Rothmann's always fits the bill on Long Island for us. As usual, our dinner did not disappoint! They were running a surf and turf summer special which we both ordered and it was done perfectly. Their wine list is excellent and Sean, the sommelier, was helpful and friendly, as always. This particular visit we were treated like "regulars" and we felt extremely welcome. When on Long Island and you want a great steak dinner, attentive service, and excellent wine, go to Rothmann's!Special Features: