6319 Northern Blvd
East Norwich, NY 11732Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chasrothmanns.com/
- Phone: 5169222500x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm-10:00pm
Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Mark Serrantino
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you're having an intimate dinner, a private party, a business event or a gala celebration Rothmann's is the perfect setting for you and your guests. Our event planner will help you make your special event absolutely perfect. And of course, the food and service at Rothmann's is nothing short of impeccable.
We can accommodate up to 180 people in our three unique, beautifully appointed dining rooms. Or choose one of our private party room offering the elegant style and grace of an authentic Long Island Gold Coast Mansion. The Library Room can comfortably accomdate 50 guests while the Pine Room can accomodate 40 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Julie Goodman 516-922-2500x
- Special Events: Our event planner will handle everything for you, right down to the smallest detail. They'll help you choose from a sumptuous selection of world-class cuisine, while our friendly, knowledgeable sommelier will help you pick the perfect wines to compliment your menu. Evening events can be hosted in either of our two private parties and afternoon parties are available Monday - Saturday. Our private library room holds 55 guests while the pine room holds 40 guests.
A word from Rothmann's Steakhouse
Rothmann’s upholds the traditions of the past by serving a classic steakhouse menu with great additions from the present. We serve only the best, USDA Prime Dry-Aged steaks. Inventive daily black board specials with sushi and fresh local fish. A redesigned bar with an expanded whisky and bourbon list should broaden you palate. And our new wine dispensing system that pours 2, 4, or 6 ounce pours of first growth Bordeaux and cult Napa cabernets to perfection. Come experience the grandeur of Long Island’s famed Gold Coast for yourself, where prime dry-aged steaks and great wine have become tradition.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rothmann's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)notable wine list (36)fit for foodies (32)great for brunch (30)good for groups (29)romantic (23)neighborhood gem (21)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (6)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- queenlambVIPDined on 8/23/2014We haven't been here is about a year because the food was terrible. Well......food is still terrible. I had grilled calamari it was slimy and my husbands swordfish was really fishy......off the listSpecial Features:
- CritiqueRickieDined on 8/20/2014The food, service, ambiance was nothing short of impeccable. Would recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best steak house on long islandOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014from the bar before dinner to dessert class act all the waySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!arfalconDined on 8/16/2014We had a group of eleven for dinner, and Rothmann's handled us like the pros they are. The food was delicious, the service was excellent, and everybody was delighted. Much more than a steakhouse, Rothmann's has fantastic sushi and fish selections, as well as all the beef, pork and chicken selections you'd expect. And the wine list is INCREDIBLE.Special Features:
- Amazing foodYummyTummyDined on 8/10/2014We celebrated my MIL's birthday and it was our first time here. The food was amazing - specifically the quality. The seafood was fresh and much better than the normal brunch fare. The prepared dishes were flavorful and delish. What was really wonderful was how delicious simple things were, like Belgium waffles and pancakes - they were some of the best I've ever had. My only disappointment - There was a chocolate tower that kept breaking down, and not enough things to dip into it. The cookies and brownies were good, but I was surprised that there were no tarts or pies, or mousse. And there was a displaced quiche Lorraine in the middle of all the desserts which was a little strange. All in all, we are definitely going back...ASAP!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tip already includedYummiesDined on 8/10/2014We were a group of 4 for their awesome (unlimited oysters & lobsters) brunch. We were surprised to find our check already included 18% gratuity. I thought gratuities were charged in advance for large groups and such. But gratuity aside, food was good!Special Features:
- Another Great DinnerBrutus70VIPDined on 8/8/2014We had not been to Rothmann's in a couple of months. We decided we wanted a steak for dinner and Rothmann's always fits the bill on Long Island for us. As usual, our dinner did not disappoint! They were running a surf and turf summer special which we both ordered and it was done perfectly. Their wine list is excellent and Sean, the sommelier, was helpful and friendly, as always. This particular visit we were treated like "regulars" and we felt extremely welcome. When on Long Island and you want a great steak dinner, attentive service, and excellent wine, go to Rothmann's!Special Features:
- Top of the TopCardiacKidVIPDined on 8/6/2014Not just a steak house, Rothmans delights with fresh fish, shellfish and meat. Sushi is elegant and tasty. The wine list is robust, albeit a bit pricey. There is no finer total restaurant experience on LI, in my mind, the only downside being occasional periods where they are extremely busy and the kitchen and staff struggle to keep up. For a divine experience, come before 7:30 on weekends or any time during the week.Special Features:
- Great place for a special occassionRobertoDined on 8/2/2014This was our first visit, but not our last. The food was excellent, cooked to perfection. The waiter was very attentive, without being intrusive. Service was prompt and efficient. By the time we left (about 8:30 pm) the restaurant was a bit noisy. All in all, a memorable (in a positive way) experienceI would recommend this to a friend.
- Chase's Doctor DadNeilVIPDined on 7/27/2014Love this restaurant! Excellent food- superb NYS sirloin, and marinated tenderloin and great surf and turf. Wait staff always pleasant, professional and informative. Glad to have this in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Pleasant evening outfranVIPDined on 7/26/2014We eat at Rothmann's a few times a year. It is reliable and there are no surprises. It is expensive like a potato for $17.00. Service was a bit slow when we went. Took 21/2 hours for dinner. My salmon was quite nice. My husband's prime rib was delish.Special Features:
- Great! NYC dining comes to LIMajerDined on 7/26/2014Food was beyond great. Best steakhouse on Long Island by far. Appetizers and sides great as well! Kobe burger, Foie Gras, Calamari. Pricey but you get what you pay for here and that is perfection!Special Features:
- SaskiaDined on 7/19/2014Fish was excellent. Nice to have fish at a steakhuouse. Need more white wines by the glass
- EnjoyableFoodiholicDined on 7/19/2014Lobsters were excellent (table ordered 3 lb and 2 lb) steak was cooked perfectly and tender, sesame tuna is one of the best entrees but the Salmon was dry and disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great foodBTD544Dined on 7/17/2014Surf n' Turf was excellent wife had it to. Great service as well, celebrated 5 years of marriage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rothmann'sRickieDined on 7/13/2014The food and service was impeccable. Would return back there in a second, and over and over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliousRichDined on 7/9/2014Went during the week so it wasn't too crowded. The bar was very nice and professionally run. The homemade potato chips they served at the bar were warm and amazing! We then went to main dining room for dinner. Service was impecible. Menu was diverse with both steak and Japanese nuances. I would surely return.Special Features:
- What a way to spend Sunday MorningLIHenryDined on 7/6/2014We went as a foursome for Sunday buffet brunch. The Oysters and Clams for fresh and tasty. The cold lobster was perfectly cooked as were the jumbo cocktail shrimp. The smoked red snapper was delicious. All the great seafood did not leave much room for the Prime Rib and the skirt steak, I did manage to try them and found them exactly to my liking. Had to save room for the deserts and a couple of pasteries, so did not get to try the Eggs Benedict or the eggs to order. Make room for that next time. All of us had a great time with great service.Special Features:
- One of our favorites!cityfoodiesVIPDined on 7/5/2014We have tried many items on the menu which is extensive and they are all delicious! The sushi is also outstanding! Any items you wish to order with special care they are very attentive to! Love this place!Special Features:
- Very good steakhousepmnyVIPDined on 7/3/2014Very nice establishment. Great food and service. Great wine list with a very helpful sommelier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for special celebrationVisit2homeDined on 6/28/2014The food and service remains at the same wonderful level that has always made Rothmans that certain place to celebrate special occasions with family and friends. Never a disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peter Luger competitionTaracDined on 6/28/2014The girls at the front desk who showed us to our table seemed like teens on a summer job. That kind of took a half star off. They were not inappropriately dressed, just way too casual, like a TGI or Applebee's. Too down market for fine dining. Great ambiance! Romantic. Bathrooms were old but clean. Huge menu. Our server, Rich, was awesome. He was extremely professional and charming. We had the porterhouse for 2. It was fair. Similar to Luger. Asparagus was ok. Truffle fries did not impress. We also had a 3 pound lobster. Perfect. We had the cheesecake dessert, which was really smooth and creamy. The coffee is subpar. The wine list is impressive but we didn't have wine. I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that great for the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014The restaurant had a very nice ambiance and great service. I had the filet mignon and it was very dry. I asked for another one and they had one cooking on the grill and brought it to me very quickly. It was still dry and I expected better for a $42 steak. I also had side dishes of brussel sprout and baked potato and those were good.Special Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedFrequentdinerDined on 6/21/2014We went to Rothmann's Steakhouse for steaks and fish. We have been to many steakhouses and were pleasantly surprised with the excellent service which is not common at most steakhouses on Long Island. The steaks were excellent. The fish was very good. My daughter loved the Smores dessert. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and staffKennVIPDined on 6/20/2014Rothmann's never fails to exceed expectations. Van and John oversee a clearly motivated staff. Sean has assembled a wine list that has choices for every taste and budget. I brought in a friend with a long history in the restaurant business and even (not surprisingly) he was very pleased.Special Features:
- DisappointingDangold6VIPDined on 6/15/2014Hamachi app special was unexciting. Had to return swordfish. Octopus was chewy. Steaks were great as was dessert.
- Great steaksWashDCItalianDined on 6/15/2014One of the best steak houses on Long Island. Great food, service and a wonderful selection of wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak, so-so other dishesArtyWoman69VIPDined on 6/14/2014Come to Rothmann's for a fine red meat meal with great wine. Don't bother with the fish, chicken dishes as they are only okay. Service is excellent, drinks are good -- great variety of liquors and wines. Perfect for a special family occasion.Special Features:
- An Enjoyable Special OccasionDrCynPizzulliVIPDined on 6/14/2014We went to Rothmann's to celebrate our parents' 50th Wedding Anniversary...Dad had a stroke about a year ago, and the host did everything he could to accommodate his sensitivity to cold and noise by seating us in the beautiful library. The service was fantastic and dinner was delicious. The only thing that turned us off was the condition of the bathrooms which really are in need of repair and are not kept clean for such a high-end restaurant. Will definitely go back for a special occasion...I would recommend this to a friend.
- StaceySandiDined on 6/13/2014We go here on special occasions and we are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerryVIPDined on 6/7/2014The 20 ounce bonus rib eye was excellent and the 3lb lobster is on special for $18 per pound and was as good as the steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Annual BrunchHubWifeDined on 6/1/2014My family and I go here for our annual brunch to celebrate all the birthdays and mother and Father's Day that fall around the same time. We love their food and service. The seafood is fresh and the sushi are delicious. Fresh omelet, pancake and waffle are a kid favorite. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistent.ArgoldsteDined on 5/28/2014Great for family or friends - great service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad nightOhWell1Dined on 5/25/2014There appeared to be a problem from the moment we arrived. We were kept waiting for a half hour past our reservation time. The service was poor because they were very short staffed. The general manager was tending bar and waiting tables. Our waiter put the order in wrong. My date's filet Mignon arrived burnt to a crisp, not well done. It was disgusting and in edible. She ordered Potato Croquettes, and was brought mashed potatoes. When we corrected it, it took twenty five minutes to bring out, by which time her filet Mignon was ice cold. My Beef Wellington was over cooked and dry and was served ice cold as well.Special Features:
- Brunch: $10 more than advertisedlakesidegirlzVIPDined on 5/11/2014Sunday brunch was advertised as $49.99. Unfortunately when the bill came it was $59.99 pp because " it was a special occassion". We didn't appreciate the surprise. We were told by management that they call all reservations to confirm and notify them of the price change for Mother's Day Sunday brunch. We were told that we were not called or notified because "we booked through open table". Unfortunate ending to a nice brunch!Special Features:
- Always great!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014One of my favorite's, the experience is always enjoyable and the food is really good! The Sunday brunch was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food and service2PORTDined on 5/10/2014We went out with another couple for dinner on 5/10/14. Three of us had the prime rib and one had the skirt steak. All the sides were good and so was the waiter. We did not feel rushed and looking forward to going back. The only problem was we should have ordered our meat med. rare. Medium was just a little too well done. The place was busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/10/2014as always the food and service is excellent. they try hard, and succeed, to cater to everything you ask for.Special Features:
- Feeling SpeciallegallybrownDined on 5/9/2014I very much enjoyed the atmosphere especially the head waiter or owner that came to our table to check on us and meet us. Everything was very nice. All enjoyed the steak and sides.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!cityfoodiesVIPDined on 5/3/2014The new look the new menu are both welcome additions to this neighborhood icon! We will be coming back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.