6319 Northern Blvd
East Norwich, NY 11732Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chasrothmanns.com/
- Phone: 5169222500x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm-10:00pm
Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Mark Serrantino
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you're having an intimate dinner, a private party, a business event or a gala celebration Rothmann's is the perfect setting for you and your guests. Our event planner will help you make your special event absolutely perfect. And of course, the food and service at Rothmann's is nothing short of impeccable.
We can accommodate up to 180 people in our three unique, beautifully appointed dining rooms. Or choose one of our private party room offering the elegant style and grace of an authentic Long Island Gold Coast Mansion. The Library Room can comfortably accomdate 50 guests while the Pine Room can accomodate 40 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Julie Goodman 516-922-2500x
- Special Events: Our event planner will handle everything for you, right down to the smallest detail. They'll help you choose from a sumptuous selection of world-class cuisine, while our friendly, knowledgeable sommelier will help you pick the perfect wines to compliment your menu. Evening events can be hosted in either of our two private parties and afternoon parties are available Monday - Saturday. Our private library room holds 55 guests while the pine room holds 40 guests.
A word from Rothmann's Steakhouse
Rothmann’s upholds the traditions of the past by serving a classic steakhouse menu with great additions from the present. We serve only the best, USDA Prime Dry-Aged steaks. Inventive daily black board specials with sushi and fresh local fish. A redesigned bar with an expanded whisky and bourbon list should broaden you palate. And our new wine dispensing system that pours 2, 4, or 6 ounce pours of first growth Bordeaux and cult Napa cabernets to perfection. Come experience the grandeur of Long Island’s famed Gold Coast for yourself, where prime dry-aged steaks and great wine have become tradition.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Rothmann's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in East Norwich ›
Rothmann's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (50)notable wine list (35)fit for foodies (34)good for groups (30)great for brunch (29)neighborhood gem (28)romantic (22)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (8)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Not What It Use To BeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Have gone here for years. It use to have a great vibe. Now since the renovations it is just good food with good service at a very expensive price. Nothing great. It is no longer an energetic and fun dining experience. We won't be going back anytime soon. There are just too many excellent steak house restaurants in the area that offer a better dining experience. Very sad. We use to love Rothmans.
- Never Disappoints!arfalconDined on 10/12/2014We had a table of 8 to celebrate our son's 19th birthday, and everything was perfect. From the sushi to the steak, the food was magnificent. The Kobe steak was literally melt-in-your-mouth, and the sushi we started with was perfect. Excellent side-dishes too. We love this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always funArgoldsteDined on 10/10/2014Great place for dinner-Saturday night is always crowded - servers are very good- managers are always there to make sure customers are happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewBillVIPDined on 10/9/2014The restaurant is cheap. They won't let you taste the wine before you order a glass. I find that ridiculous and have never had that in any restaurant I have been to. It prevents ordering a glass and sending it back. The food was just ok. My daughter steak was ok and for a filet had grizzle in it. My salmon was just ok and had little taste to it.
- YummyKarenessVIPDined on 10/5/2014It was a very nice experience. We came early, and were seated immediately. We were 4 adults, a 4 year old, and a toddler. The wait staff couldn't have been nicer to us...even when the toddler spilled my drink (that was replaced), and made a mess all over the floor. The only down side was that there was a tremendous delay between courses. It took 2 hours for dinner...the kids' patience only lasted an hour and a half.Special Features:
- OnthetownDined on 10/5/2014Had an early dine out on Sunday 10/5 so literally had the staff to myself. Food, service, wine list. All very good. My 10th year patronizing them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid steakhousepmnyVIPDined on 9/27/2014Great food and service. Great wine list. Nice place to come with friends or just to have a nice meal with your familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingChrisDined on 9/27/2014Best meal I have ever had service was good then came and cleaned table in between each course. Best steak and deserts waitor was friendly vallet parking was running good as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No losers on the menu!IgnoreTheDrDined on 9/22/2014Awesome, quality food. Great drinks. Attentive staff. Wonderful wine list! I brought some close friends from the UK. It was their 1st time ever in the U.S. and they got to enjoy what steaks should really be! The kung pao calamari made a 180 degree convert, of the calamari hater in our group! Bravo guys! We'll be back!Special Features:
- harriettDined on 9/21/2014Rothmann's steakhouse has the best brunch in town. I have been to many brunches this is by far the best brunch I have ever been to in town and out of town.I only drink wine and they have an extensive wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TonyLDined on 9/20/2014Other than noisy, everything was perfect. I would go back again in a minute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Standard SteakhouseLexBDined on 9/20/2014What can you expect from such a notable restaurant such as Rothmann's? Great food, Great service, Great Wine, Great everything. Rothmann's delivered on all except the service. Waiter barely even spoke to us at all. Gave us his name, then the menus and walked away. He Never spoke about recommendations or specials, and when he took our order for a party of 6 (apps/soups, main course and sides per person) he didn't write anything down. This would have been great had he not missed some side orders and he also had to come back to ask again for steak temperature. Also, when the plates were served, they gave people the wrong dishes, we had to switch to the correct plates. Not what you expect from a quality restaurant such as this.Special Features:
- Great!SaraDined on 9/20/2014We love this restaurant! We were celebrating a 50th birthday with three other couples and we were very happy with our choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Endless brunchNomnomnomDined on 9/14/2014Lots of food options at brunch, from omelette station to lobster plus chocolate fountain for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Steakhouse on North ShorepmnyVIPDined on 9/7/2014Very good steakhouse with great food and excellent service. Wine list is well stocked with a wide variety from different countries. The sommelier is very helpful, knowledgeable and upbeat. He adds a energy to the dinning experience. Very good sushi is served should you not want steak. Nice bar area with friendly bar staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a good time.foodie61Dined on 9/7/2014The food was good and I would recommend this restaurant to othersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedKarenVIPDined on 8/30/2014We were disappointed with our experience. Are you a sushi restaurant or a steak restaurant? 2nd.... Two waiters did not know where the oysters came from and what kind they were. 3rd... Where was the bone from the prime rib? 4th... Cream spinach had an odd flavor to it. Expensive and not up to par with the other steak places in the area!Special Features:
- Perfect!!!ASKBDined on 8/30/2014An excellent experience. Steaks cooked to everyone at the table's requests...amazing. Sides were tasty, and the service great.Special Features:
- queenlambVIPDined on 8/23/2014We haven't been here is about a year because the food was terrible. Well......food is still terrible. I had grilled calamari it was slimy and my husbands swordfish was really fishy......off the listSpecial Features:
- CritiqueRickieDined on 8/20/2014The food, service, ambiance was nothing short of impeccable. Would recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best steak house on long islandOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014from the bar before dinner to dessert class act all the waySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!arfalconDined on 8/16/2014We had a group of eleven for dinner, and Rothmann's handled us like the pros they are. The food was delicious, the service was excellent, and everybody was delighted. Much more than a steakhouse, Rothmann's has fantastic sushi and fish selections, as well as all the beef, pork and chicken selections you'd expect. And the wine list is INCREDIBLE.Special Features:
- Amazing foodYummyTummyDined on 8/10/2014We celebrated my MIL's birthday and it was our first time here. The food was amazing - specifically the quality. The seafood was fresh and much better than the normal brunch fare. The prepared dishes were flavorful and delish. What was really wonderful was how delicious simple things were, like Belgium waffles and pancakes - they were some of the best I've ever had. My only disappointment - There was a chocolate tower that kept breaking down, and not enough things to dip into it. The cookies and brownies were good, but I was surprised that there were no tarts or pies, or mousse. And there was a displaced quiche Lorraine in the middle of all the desserts which was a little strange. All in all, we are definitely going back...ASAP!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tip already includedYummiesDined on 8/10/2014We were a group of 4 for their awesome (unlimited oysters & lobsters) brunch. We were surprised to find our check already included 18% gratuity. I thought gratuities were charged in advance for large groups and such. But gratuity aside, food was good!Special Features:
- Another Great DinnerBrutus70VIPDined on 8/8/2014We had not been to Rothmann's in a couple of months. We decided we wanted a steak for dinner and Rothmann's always fits the bill on Long Island for us. As usual, our dinner did not disappoint! They were running a surf and turf summer special which we both ordered and it was done perfectly. Their wine list is excellent and Sean, the sommelier, was helpful and friendly, as always. This particular visit we were treated like "regulars" and we felt extremely welcome. When on Long Island and you want a great steak dinner, attentive service, and excellent wine, go to Rothmann's!Special Features:
- Top of the TopCardiacKidVIPDined on 8/6/2014Not just a steak house, Rothmans delights with fresh fish, shellfish and meat. Sushi is elegant and tasty. The wine list is robust, albeit a bit pricey. There is no finer total restaurant experience on LI, in my mind, the only downside being occasional periods where they are extremely busy and the kitchen and staff struggle to keep up. For a divine experience, come before 7:30 on weekends or any time during the week.Special Features:
- Great place for a special occassionRobertoDined on 8/2/2014This was our first visit, but not our last. The food was excellent, cooked to perfection. The waiter was very attentive, without being intrusive. Service was prompt and efficient. By the time we left (about 8:30 pm) the restaurant was a bit noisy. All in all, a memorable (in a positive way) experienceI would recommend this to a friend.
- Chase's Doctor DadNeilVIPDined on 7/27/2014Love this restaurant! Excellent food- superb NYS sirloin, and marinated tenderloin and great surf and turf. Wait staff always pleasant, professional and informative. Glad to have this in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Pleasant evening outfranVIPDined on 7/26/2014We eat at Rothmann's a few times a year. It is reliable and there are no surprises. It is expensive like a potato for $17.00. Service was a bit slow when we went. Took 21/2 hours for dinner. My salmon was quite nice. My husband's prime rib was delish.Special Features:
- Great! NYC dining comes to LIMajerDined on 7/26/2014Food was beyond great. Best steakhouse on Long Island by far. Appetizers and sides great as well! Kobe burger, Foie Gras, Calamari. Pricey but you get what you pay for here and that is perfection!Special Features:
- SaskiaDined on 7/19/2014Fish was excellent. Nice to have fish at a steakhuouse. Need more white wines by the glass
- EnjoyableFoodiholicDined on 7/19/2014Lobsters were excellent (table ordered 3 lb and 2 lb) steak was cooked perfectly and tender, sesame tuna is one of the best entrees but the Salmon was dry and disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great foodBTD544Dined on 7/17/2014Surf n' Turf was excellent wife had it to. Great service as well, celebrated 5 years of marriage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rothmann'sRickieDined on 7/13/2014The food and service was impeccable. Would return back there in a second, and over and over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliousRichDined on 7/9/2014Went during the week so it wasn't too crowded. The bar was very nice and professionally run. The homemade potato chips they served at the bar were warm and amazing! We then went to main dining room for dinner. Service was impecible. Menu was diverse with both steak and Japanese nuances. I would surely return.Special Features:
- What a way to spend Sunday MorningLIHenryDined on 7/6/2014We went as a foursome for Sunday buffet brunch. The Oysters and Clams for fresh and tasty. The cold lobster was perfectly cooked as were the jumbo cocktail shrimp. The smoked red snapper was delicious. All the great seafood did not leave much room for the Prime Rib and the skirt steak, I did manage to try them and found them exactly to my liking. Had to save room for the deserts and a couple of pasteries, so did not get to try the Eggs Benedict or the eggs to order. Make room for that next time. All of us had a great time with great service.Special Features:
- One of our favorites!cityfoodiesVIPDined on 7/5/2014We have tried many items on the menu which is extensive and they are all delicious! The sushi is also outstanding! Any items you wish to order with special care they are very attentive to! Love this place!Special Features:
- Very good steakhousepmnyVIPDined on 7/3/2014Very nice establishment. Great food and service. Great wine list with a very helpful sommelier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for special celebrationVisit2homeDined on 6/28/2014The food and service remains at the same wonderful level that has always made Rothmans that certain place to celebrate special occasions with family and friends. Never a disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peter Luger competitionTaracDined on 6/28/2014The girls at the front desk who showed us to our table seemed like teens on a summer job. That kind of took a half star off. They were not inappropriately dressed, just way too casual, like a TGI or Applebee's. Too down market for fine dining. Great ambiance! Romantic. Bathrooms were old but clean. Huge menu. Our server, Rich, was awesome. He was extremely professional and charming. We had the porterhouse for 2. It was fair. Similar to Luger. Asparagus was ok. Truffle fries did not impress. We also had a 3 pound lobster. Perfect. We had the cheesecake dessert, which was really smooth and creamy. The coffee is subpar. The wine list is impressive but we didn't have wine. I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.