Rothmann's Steakhouse - NYC
3 E. 54th Street
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Rothmann's Steakhouse - NYC
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.rothmannssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 2123195500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am-3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday 3:00pm-11:00pm, Saturday 4:00pm-11:00pm, Sunday 2:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private up to 45ppl.
- Private Party Contact: Nick Rifino 2123195500
- Special Events: We are offering a $40 or $65 price fixed menu on saturdays and sundays
A word from Rothmann's Steakhouse - NYC
We offer the finest quality dry aged beef and innovative menu set in a classically romantic space. Distinguished by attentive and unpretentious service. We are the perfect venue, be it business, romance, or special occasions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rothmann's Steakhouse - NYC reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (5)great for lunch (5)special occasion (5)fit for foodies (4)neighborhood gem (3)great for outdoor dining (2)romantic (2)good for groups (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/21/2014Good food, service. Dated setting. Comfortable. Steaks good value tasteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchGrissyDined on 6/18/2014IT IS A GREAT PLACE TO MET FOR A BUSINESS LUNCH. THE STAFF UNDERSTANDS THAT IS WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND KNOWS WHEN TO INTERRUPT AND WHEN AND HOW TO WAIT AND STILL LET YOU KNOW THEY ARE THERE WHEN YOU NEED THEM.Special Features:
- Great spot. Great food.FojoDined on 6/13/2014Servers were so attentive. Food was excellent. Location was in a perfect spot near 5th Ave shops. Very high-end classy restaurant, with such good food.Special Features:
- jms1VIPDined on 6/10/2014topnotch in every way! and one memorable porterhouse.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 521 reviews are from the Rothmann's Steakhouse - NYC reviews archive.
- Not a favoriteKJK2600Dined on 5/14/2014Our party of four was seated in the back, which was preferrable because it was quieter. The appetizers were delicious. One friend ordered the halibut for the main course, but she is certain that it was not what she was served, although the waiter insisted otherwise. I had the rib-eye special, and it was a tough piece of meat. The waiter overheard me wishing a friend a happy birthday, and brought a delicious complimentary dessert plate at the end of the meal. One more thing - I had looked at the wine list on-line earlier in the day and picked something out, but the wine list I was given was different and did not have my choice. When making reservations on-line I signed up for a free $20 gift certificate, but never recieved anything.
- take2livingDined on 5/9/2014Rothman remains a favorite of mine - especially the one on 55th street - where the staff is friendly, the food is great and so is the atmosphere conducive to quiet meetings or group gatherings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/26/2014The best stesk i ever ate. My wife and i spent weekend in nyc and this was the best part.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elenaVIPDined on 4/26/2014Every time I'm in the mood for a large delicious lobster I reserve a table at Rothmanns. The side dishes are cooked to perfection and the wine list is extensive .Special Features:
- Always GoodDinerVIPDined on 4/23/2014My wife and I were at Rothmann's on Wednesday evening. No surprises. Always, from the moment you arrive, you feel welcome. Food was excellent. Service was just as good. Will continue to frequent this restaurant.Special Features:
- Not AgainDISSAPOINTEDDined on 4/14/2014In N.Y. for ten days and it was our biggest disappointing and most costly meal we had. I really did not want to even write a review. Had the Rib Steak and if it was PRIME Beef I would be very surprised! It was overcooked a little (ordered Med. Rare) It was pink only but very dry and I wasted much trying to find moistness. Never again there are too many places to eat to suffer this way! We had lots of servers but never did know our Waiter. It was not busy! Russ Blake (Boise Idaho)Special Features:
- Rothmann's - Off DayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/9/2014I think it was just an off day. My tuna was not fresh in the Kobe beef had an unusual to taste. This restaurant is normally soli, so was a bit surprised. Everything else was fine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!ibydaysDined on 3/30/2014I am from VA and was visiting family in NY. My cousin Pedro told me he worked there and I showed up the next day. I ordered the famous spinach creme with salmon and rice pilaf. My friends ordered rib and we had appetizers and desserts. The wine brought from Japan was excellent, the limoncello and the coffee. Hmm. Great experience! Service provided by Pedro was exceptional. He's so friendly; he introduced us to the owner and to other friends seated at another table. It was a rainy night but at Rothmann the climate was perfect. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/26/2014We had a pleasant lunch. the steak sandwich and the salmon were prepared perfectly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingRoseDined on 3/17/2014To start, our waiter was completely uninterested in serving our table of 5 business women. After 35 minutes of waiting for our dinner to be served, we asked our waiter how much longer it would be to get our npmain course. He rudely informed us that there was a large party ahead of us and they would need to get that table served first. Our dinner was finally served and our steaks were over cooked. Manager did take two of the dinners off our check since we din not eat any of it howver they should have done more to compensate for the over all rudeness and bad service. We will not return to this resturant!
- Absolutely the best rib eyeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/16/2014Absolutely the best rib eye steak in Manhattan. Top Notch service! Great wine list and terrific sommelier. Without doubt, this is a first-choice place to bring family and friends visiting New York City.Special Features:
- I Ate AloneDinerVIPDined on 3/14/2014I was alone in town and the restaurant treated me as important as if I had a large table. The service was perfect and they made sure to even to allow me to split vegetable order and combine two halts. Did not rush me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You cannot miss with the sharedEddyDined on 3/11/2014You cannot miss with the shared porterhouse, what fun to see such a huge steak and then share it with your friends. Oh, it was fantasitic too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AdequateOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/9/2014When the best part of the meal is the well recommended wine, it testifies to mere adequacy. The food is not bad but nothing out of this world.
- outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014The food, the service, the environment= all outstanding and worth many more future visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageAnoonaADined on 3/7/2014it was an average experience. The food was all ok nothing really stood out. The steak was overcooked, however the sauce on the steak was delicious. Also we had two different deserts and they were both really good.
- Good food; so-so serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/7/2014I had lunch at Rothmann's with my parents during the recent nyc restaurant week. They really need to improve on the service side. First, it took them about 10 minutes to bring us menus. Once we placed our orders, the waiter first brought us dishes that were meant for another table. We asked for bread but it never came. Not until I inquired about the wine I ordered, I was told that they ran out of it. So I got myself a different one. Then both glasses, including the one they ran out showed up on my bill. Through out the course of lunch, I just couldn't feel that I was dining at a midtown steakhouse.
- A real steak houseJeffBVIPDined on 3/6/2014Rothmans was as good as expected. We arrived a little early due to our showtime and received excellent service from start to finish. They have a wide-ranging menu which is available online. We started with the seared shrimp and scallops which was excellent, and my wife and I both chose filet mignon's for our main course. She had the pepper encrusted while I had the Gorgonzola. Both were cooked to order perfectly and we augmented them with the fabulous steak fries and sautéed green beans. Each item was excellent. The only negative was that the blue cheese dressing for the salad was a bit thin. As the dinner hour progress the place became busier in a bit louder but it was an excellent dinner and I would recommend it highly..
- A great place for regularshmartyhVIPDined on 3/4/2014A great place for regulars or newcomers. Great food and service. Perfect midtown locationSpecial Features:
- Dependable But Where's the WOW?MJNagleVIPDined on 2/28/2014Rothmann's was better than I expected. The food and ambience and decor were all consistent with top line steakhouses in the NYC area. The service was better than good but not outstanding. The menu was deep and competitive. Where it was lacking was originality and creativity. The menu could have looked the same in 2004 or even 1994. Places like STK, Primesteak, and Del Frisco's might be bringing in a younger audience because of their bar crowd and/or their sharp menu and energetic wait staff. Portion size is NOT an issue for Rothmann's. Sides come in healthy sizes as do the entrees. No one leaves here hungry. I would come back again but I don't know that I would seek it out.Special Features:
- The restaurant is really nicesb3339Dined on 2/24/2014The restaurant is really nice and fancy! Two of my friends and I went for the restaurant week menu, which was great. They have three different appetizers, entrees, and desserts to choose from. Since it was three of us, we tried everything and the food was delicious. Obviously without the restaurant week prices, it is mega expensive and unless you have extra cash on the side or are celebrating a special occasion I wouldn't go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/18/2014Took advantage of the Restaurant Week special. We had never been here, but will definitely return. Cannot think of even a minor negative. Was great from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital Grille prices forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2014Capital Grille prices for Outback Steakhouse food and service. Dry lobster and overcooked steak. The best compliment my wife, who is not hard to impress, could come up with was "the amount of scallops were just right." I don't complain about stupid small things normally but I am paying $100 dollars for a surf and turf I should not have to walk my own coat to the coat check after being seated because the hostess did not offer to take it. It was empty on a friday night. I should have known then that we were in for it.
- Well DonePMags25Dined on 2/14/2014It was good food with a professional staff. They were very attentive to our needs. Food was over priced although good. Great location off 5th ave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feels so New YorkMemphiscarguyDined on 2/10/2014We always go their when we are in NYC. Great food, service and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Was visiting NYC and foundUfrencherDined on 2/6/2014Was visiting NYC and found this steakhouse suggested by our hotel. The steak was awesome! Melt in your mouth good!Special Features:
- Flexible stuff and good steakstequillakillaDined on 1/19/2014Had a reservation for 7 but only 4 has shown up. No issues, even get a smaller table without asking for. We had the filet and it was big, next time I will go for the petit filet. Sides and drinks was perfect.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mid town mealHomerDined on 1/18/2014Very nice way to spend Saturday night. Rudy our waiter Was perfect he made great menu suggestions The steak was cooked as requested and we Did not have to suffer with the chaos of a trendy Location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great DinnerProfWafflesDined on 1/12/2014We had a fabulous meal at Rothmann's on Sunday night. The food was delicious...we all had the Petite Filet Mignon which is enough for one person. Prices are reasonable for the quality!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New York SteakhouseElfribVIPDined on 12/28/2013No wonder they are in their second century. They know how to grill a steak and chop to perfection. The Caesar salad dressing was superb.The Rothmann salad was fabulous.BIg enough to split if you want to. The sides were delicious and plentiful - our group shared the mushrooms, the creamed spinach, and some potatoes. Our server, Patrick, knew his stuff too. We listened to him and were rewarded with a terrific dining experience. The service was attentive; the attitude welcoming; the pace and timing of the meal unhurried. Just a grand holiday spent in the City with our out of town friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakDoubleblessingDined on 12/27/2013It's all about the steak! And the service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very good restaurant!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/22/2013We had a very good diner with 6 persons before christmas. Food was excellent, especially the steaks are great - try the rib eye for 2 or more persons. The wine list is really huge, the service very professional and nice. We come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything Was fine exceptBuburoiVIPDined on 12/18/2013Everything Was fine except for the fact that prices are higher and the quality of the meat lower/portions smaller.
- A place to get business donejnekosDined on 12/18/2013Good value, nice selection of foods, accommodating wait staff, and lots of business folks getting work done and enjoying themselves. A regular stop for me at this point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK food, but overpriced.DCMikeDined on 12/17/2013The food is not worth the money. I have paid the same price or less for a much better steak in Washington, DC and several other major capitol cities in the US and overseas; my comparison of value is not based on one city. Find somewhere else to eat if you want to drop $200 for dinner for two. The service at the door was great; coat check, reservations held, they read the note about my wife requiring a GF menu. After that, downhill. The head waiting staff were slow and slightly rude like they didn't really want to work there; felt like we were a minor inconvenience being there. This attitude was consistent with other customers. The lower level staff and busing waiting were friendly and helpful, they seemed happy to have their their jobs.
- SolidBmacDined on 12/17/2013A solid traditional steakhouse. Great place to take a client for a business lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.