Rosy's at the Beach
17320 Monterey Rd
Morgan Hill, CA 95037Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Rosy's at the Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rosysatthebeach.com/
- Phone: (408) 778-0551
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: Su-Th 4:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 4:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Californian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from Rosy's at the Beach
Come in and enjoy the relaxed, beach like setting in downtown Morgan Hill. Specializing in coastal seafood along with Pasta and a Californian centric menu. We offer monthly wine and food pairing events. Check our website for our daily specials.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Rosy's at the Beach - Best Restaurants in Morgan Hill ›
Rosy's at the Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (16)great for lunch (16)great for outdoor dining (12)good for groups (10)fit for foodies (8)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (2)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)special occasion (1)late-night find (1)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great experience always!danneileenDined on 11/22/2014We have dined at Rosie's several times over the past year and every time it has been enjoyable and relaxing. The service has always been great... from the front desk when we arrive, to the server throughout the meal and then when finishing our meal and ready to leave. The menu is well represented and we expecially like the salmon main dishes or with pasta. Overall a great place in wonderful Morgan Hill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like home cookingsnoopyDined on 10/23/2014We were seated immediately for lunch, the waitress was nice but not overly nice, the busser was much more personable, but the waitress did provide a good alternative to the Salmon tacos, suggested I have 1 salmon taco and 1 ahi tuna taco as I was inquiring about the ahi tuna salad. Was a good alternative. Service was very efficient and food was out shortly after ordering. Decor is a bit too beachy with beach towels hanging on the walls, but all in all it was good, not great but good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Rosy's is a great restaurant. They have a varied menu with a good price range. Great burgers, excellent fish tacos, and their pasta is a good portion and cooked to perfection. Great atmosphere, excellent staff. Try the Pink Mermaid!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for dinnerlive2eatDined on 10/14/2014This restaurant feels small and intimate yet it has several dining areas: the main room, the patio, the bar, an a larger area in the back that is especially good for larger groups. While we do go for their fish taco special, their other entrees, soups, and salads are very good. Service is very good: fast, friendly, and accommodating, even when busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty lunch in Morgan HillMooberDined on 9/20/2014Went to Rosy's for lunch with a bunch of friends. We got there at noon and there was no one else in the restaurant. We were seated near the window, which was great. The service was on the slow side. I would have expected to have water on the table before our order was taken, but that was not the case. Food was delicious. The grilled salmon and cheeseburgers were excellent, including the seasonal vegetables which were seasoned perfectly. If I'm in the area I would go back.Special Features:
- Perfect lunchCaptDave8Dined on 9/14/2014Celebrated my Mother's 86th birthday. She wanted it low key. Lunch was well prepared and served in a timely matter. The table had festive confetti on it to reflect a celebration. Great table near the Windows overlooking the British Car Show on the street outside. Will come back often.Special Features:
- small establishment that tries hardfoodloverVIPDined on 9/4/2014food appears to be cooked on site and not fozen. fish and s=chips were lightly battered - great. oysters were waterie, if that is possible. not the firm fresh texture. beet salad was great. staff very attentiveSpecial Features:
- We love Rosy's!pickydinerDined on 9/2/2014This is a great place for casual dining. The atmosphere is lively and friendly, prices are good and the food is great. Ample portions, full bar and always a weekly special on wine from local vintners! And don't forget Taco Tuesday: $2. salmon tacos from 5-9pm!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great ahi tuna saladCaptDave8Dined on 8/30/2014I always order the Ahi Tuna salad. It's the best in Morgan Hill I feel. My party of seven had a great time with good food and service. Will continue to come back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good seafoodfoodloverVIPDined on 8/26/2014not on the beach or seashore, but does sea food well. good selection of hand food. sea food with a mexican twist. friends have been here several times and p0lan on coming back.Special Features:
- Great Food!kimmieDined on 8/19/2014Excellent Service, Outstanding servers! Food was prepared exactly as ordered! Delicious!Special Features:
- NanellDined on 8/15/2014Great lunch on the sidewalk. The menu choices were great -- I could hardly choose. We also appreciated the moderate prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute decor, delicious foodscumomDined on 8/14/2014Our department had a team lunch at Rosys. It was a perfect getaway from the office, and all the decor in the restaurant made it feel as though we were at the beach. Food was delicious, just as expected. Great fish tacos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 46 reviews are from the Rosy's at the Beach reviews archive.
- Great Local FindmustcomebackDined on 7/26/2014Great time, added to our annual back to school shopping event and was pleasantly surprised that a neighborhood restaurant was so much fun and so incredibly delicious. I had the rib eye steak and it was excellent, the family had the fish and they raved all night about how much fun the restaurant was and the experience will be one we treasure. This is a repeat for sure!Special Features:
- PammieDined on 6/27/2014We had a great time and the food was good. We felt the service could have been better. Rosy's seemed a little under staffed and that could have just the day. But, we had a great time and enjoyed the food.Special Features:
- Will do againBoredInAMeetingDined on 6/21/2014Everything was great, with the small exception of the grilled oysters - we ordered these to try and are not sure why anyone would enjoy huge, muddy-tasting half-cooked oysters in garlic butter. Bleh. Good wine choices at reasonable prices. Creative cocktails. Menu is limited but has nice choices. Fun to sit outside in Morgan Hill's pleasant downtown area. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kudosout2lunchVIPDined on 5/31/2014Service staff well-organized and most accommodating. Went the extra mile to be cheerful and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RosysRoccaVIPDined on 5/24/2014As always Rosy's was good. Had the prawn tacos. Service was good as always and real friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day LunchNickDined on 5/11/2014Went for mother's day lunch. The atmosphere is very family style and the food is quite good and healthy. Really enjoyed taking the family out to a old-style indoor/outdoor restaurant (:Special Features:
- pickydinerDined on 4/27/2014Worst service I have had in a long time. We went there once before and was very impressed, then brought our friends and it was awful. Sorry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salmon tacos reign supreme!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/8/2014If you haven't been here to try Rosy's salmon tacos, then that alone should be your mission! They are stuffed with grilled salmon, slaw, salsa and avocado and if you go on a Tuesday, they are ONLY $2 each! Went for a girl's night and the service was very attentive, even if we were not that particular wait staff's table, they would stop if they saw we needed something. A cup of butternut squash soup, plus the beet salad and a couple of salmon tacos and we had a wonderful meal complimented with a nice Rombauer Chardonay! Atmosphere is lively and friendly, a great gem in downtown Morgan Hill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's fine... Potential for moreCathTimmDined on 4/4/2014Not a bad place to go and will likely be back. I've been here a few times, but have always left feeling like it has such potential.... The good: - was seated right away - waitress was pleasant and wanted to be sure we enjoyed our dinner The mediocre: - The food was fine, but not anything I would say I really wanted to come back to have. We had calamari appetizer. Very typical breading, bit chewy (but not bad), bland dipping sauce. Hubby ordered lobster - two small tails. He said they weren't the best, but met his expectations. He enjoyed it. Sides boring. I had the salmon fish tacos. They were good. A bit frustrating slow service - 25 min wait between app and dinner; very slow to pick up payment.
- Home town favoriteNormVIPDined on 4/1/2014Tuesday salmon taco's is one of my favorite day with a good brew. Always a hit and fun to share.Special Features:
- Great but ambience could be improvepipalongstockingDined on 3/27/2014Generally good restaurant. One that might be improved is the lighting it is a little dark. Making it lighter would help. It is actually lighter in the bar area. I really like this restaurant but the atmosphere could be improvedSpecial Features:
- Wonderful dinner with friends.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014We had a lovely table by the window for four people. The noise level was moderate, so we could hear each other. Our drink before dinner, and dinner was not rushed. We all had fish and chips; all thought is was very good. We'll come again.Special Features:
- DisappointedFoodie4FunVIPDined on 2/24/2014We have been to Rosy's on many occassions. Went there for my birthday on Monday night. Although the restaurant was not to capacity they had what seemed to be two wait staff with only one assisting the tables. It took 15 minutes to get our beverages and when we received our appetizers, the food was under cooked. Our waitperson returned to our table only once throughout the meal to check on whether we needed anything additional. Not the Rosy's experience we are used toI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food at reasonable prices.NealDined on 2/20/2014Good food at reasonable prices. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rosy'sRoccaVIPDined on 2/16/2014As usual, Rosy comes through. One of the great aspects about Rosy's is that you always get what you expect. Will say seemed as though service was affected by lack of waiters. Just an observation. Still great place for good food.Special Features:
- Nice local treat for Valentines DayMrBeeDined on 2/14/2014Have been to Rosy's many times, they are consistently very good. Decided to try them for a local Valentines Day dining experience and it was fantastic. Reservation was on time, service was fantastic both of our orders were perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service & foodChuckDined on 2/14/2014We had a last minute add to our reservation (from 2 to 3 people). They were completely booked but went out of their way to accommodate us. The food was great and the service excellent. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always yummyKellyDined on 2/8/2014Rosys is always reliable. Nice fresh seafood. Seasonal menu updates and daily specials make this a great place for lunch and dinner. Cosmos are also fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Though are party was enjoyablejenniecoreDined on 2/8/2014Though are party was enjoyable and our service was MUCH better than what we receive on a daily basis. 2/8/14 I am very sorry that due to your sidewalk outside, the birthday girl never made it to the party. She spent the whole afternoon in the urgent care.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodMoHilldinerDined on 1/21/2014Taco Tuesday is great! Great Salmon Taco for the price. Have been there many times and always happy with what we get.Special Features:
- New Years EveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2013Terrible experience for New Years eve. Chef and server tried to pass brown rice as risotto without stating they were out. Server was not properly trained. The owner apologized but did not comp anything on the bill and there was no apology upon paying the bill. Will never go back.
- Just OKGeneDined on 12/24/2013I took my family to Rosy's for Christmas Eve, making reservations on Open Table several days in advance. When we arrived, they stuffed us into a corner and wait staff could not reach half of the table. It was so bad a waiter dropped a knife on my daughters head. Food was good and came out in a reasonable time, but there was no effort to make this a great experience for my family on Christmas Eve. It will be awhile before I go back.
- good service, short on foodsjteacher78Dined on 12/12/2013The service was great and the food was great. The only pronlem was that there was not enough food for the cost. $18 for 6 shrimp is a rip off no matter how good it tastes. No small serving of pasta is worth $15. we will not eat there again since their servings are so skimpy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Treat: Wine TastingHeisenbergVIPDined on 12/3/2013Neighborhood Treat: Wine Tasting Wednesdays / Fish Taco Tuesdays / Oyster Fest on Thursdays / Fun Bar Friendly Staff -- Why stay home?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at Rosie's19866891Dined on 11/19/2013A group of us went to eat on a Tuesday. Two of us orders the $2 salmon tacos (that's their special on Tuesdays) the rest of our party ordered the salmon burger, a shrimp Louie salad, and cheese burger and fries. Food was good, waitress was not very attentive. All the other times we've gone we have received great service! I think this waitress was just having a bad day..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentymanDined on 10/19/2013I've always enjoyed our meals at Rosy's -- seafood is fresh and perfectly prepared. Great breads and the roasted beet salad is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best service.SusanneSaysDined on 10/9/2013What a find! Great food and attentive service in a cute, comfortable place. Coffee is delicious! Fun food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.