Rosso Trattoria Italia
4840 Forest Drive
Columbia, SC 29206Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Rosso Trattoria Italia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rossocolumbia.com/
- Phone: 8037873949
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Bar Opens Daily at 4:30
Bar opens daily at 4:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Kristian Niemi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: ROSSO can cater nearly any event. Simply call us to discuss the details of your next special event. Check out our website for our Private Luncheon menu. We can also cater box and platter lunches. Call us for more info.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us if you are interested in booking a private event or function in either our private dining area or by buying out all or part of the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Lauren 803-787-3949
- Entertainment: Join us for LIVE Jazz every Saturday evening with local jazz artists.
- Special Events: Rosso is available for Private Luncheons any day of the week. We are also a fantastic venue for afternoon Wedding Receptions and much more affordable than most catering halls. Call us to discuss your next lunch meeting, private group luncheon or wedding reception.
Rosso is also available for a complete Buy-Out for the evening. Call us to discuss pricing for holding your next Private Event at Rosso!
A word from Rosso Trattoria Italia
ROSSO is an elegantly casual Italian trattoria created by one of the founders of Mr. Friendly's, Gervais & Vine and Solstice Kitchen. The warm, open kitchen features a wood-fired grill and wood-burning oven and the cuisine is simple, rustic and absolutely fantastic. Using local, seasonal products whenever possible, the menu boasts an array of antipasti, fresh pastas, grilled meats and wood-roasted dishes. Their wood-grilled Tuscan Steak Frites is among the best steaks in town and the Chicken Parmesan--an American-Italian classic--sets the standard. The wine list is decidedly Italian with some New World wines with Italian spirit. ROSSO also features a variety of Italian spirits and craft beers, as well. The dining room is rustic, yet modern with rich woods and sleek leather chairs. There are two large communal tables for small groups to get together or for strangers to become friends. Located in Trenholm Plaza, in the heart of Forest Acres, just five minutes from downtown Columbia.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Rosso Trattoria Italia - Best Restaurants in Columbia ›
Rosso Trattoria Italia reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (54)special occasion (53)fit for foodies (46)romantic (39)notable wine list (22)good for groups (19)great for outdoor dining (12)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great foodMowgliDined on 9/13/2014We liked everything. The park belly app, the salad with the tomato pie, the swordfish and the duck confit fettuccine special. Cocktail was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Event-All Good but ScallopsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/12/2014We visited for a special family dinner. Our starting dishes consisted of the rissoto, lamb ribs and mussels. All were quite good and nicely seasoned. Those at our table who ordered salads and soups enjoyed them as well. As to entrees the pasta dishes were outstanding; BUT the scallop entree rodered by two of us was not good as the scallops were the size of a dime and lightly charred (not grilled) and then covered with cold green beans over hot rissoto which made for an unappealing presentation and taste. The service was very attentive for a very busy evening.
- Great service!FoodieinColumbiaDined on 9/10/2014Service can be spotty at Rosso, but our experience Wednesday night was exceptional! Thank you!Special Features:
- GIGIVIPDined on 9/9/2014The chairs need to be replaced. You sink in and sit too low. I really don't like the chairs.Special Features:
- Outstanding unique offeringsEatprayluvDined on 8/30/2014Rosso was a great experience. We enjoyed every dish from appetizer to dessert and our server was knowledgeable about the ingredients and the preparation of each dish. We flows her recommendations for all 4 courses and were not disappointed with any. Thanks Caroline!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just not greatsccardlerVIPDined on 8/29/2014After eating at other restaurants owned by this group this was a big let down food just ok very over priced for the quality service was awful no help with menu no personality, the young man was like the walking dead. Love Solstice won't be back here again!!!!
- RossospickyeaterDined on 8/29/2014Rosso's is one of our favorite dining spots in Columbia. The food and service are consistently excellent, and this night was no exception.Special Features:
- Great place for a fantastic dinner.JohnRDined on 8/25/2014Enjoyed a friends birthday with great lobster!! I really don't eat here often enough.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Great meal. Lily, our server , was very good, professional and attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed!1girlie1Dined on 8/22/2014Had another delicious dinner at Rosso ~ what a neighborhood gem tucked away in Trenholm Plaza! Had the pasta dish with the lobster and crab, fresh corn, spinach and tomatoes ~ fresh and delicious! Also try the fried risotto balls for your appetizer :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and Wine ListMagnolia46Dined on 8/22/2014Liked the Ragu VERY much, and the Fettucine Alfredo was good, but the sauce on it was a bit brothy rather than creamy. The salads, both the Alfredo Con Mozarella and the Caprese were good, but a little light on the nuts on the former and a little small on the tomatoes and mozarella on the other. Our waiter is always good.Special Features:
- DEPENDABLEWayneDined on 8/21/2014You can always depend on Rosso for fine service, good food and good drink. We have been consistent fans since oening day and we have not been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mostly very goodhappydinerDined on 8/20/2014The food was generally good and enjoyable. However, I was surprised that the steak in my entree was brought to the table cold. The potatoes on which it rested were hot; the steak itself was not at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentReedDined on 8/7/2014My wife and I found Rosso on Open Table when we were doing shopping in Columbia. Everything was excellent. Some of the best shrimp and grits I have ever had including places in Charleston. My wife's Scampi was also up there. We had been looking for a go to place in Columbia and now we have found it.Special Features:
- More than impressedSwerk84Dined on 8/2/2014My experience at Rosso was next to perfect. We started off at the bar, where we were treated like rock stats. The drinks were great and the service was amazing!we after moved to a table where we enjoyed pizza as an appetizer and steak and quail for our main course. My steak was to die for! Cooked to perfection. My husband loved the quail. We finished the night with creme brûlée. Delicious! This was the perfect date spot. It wasn't loud and the service was spot on. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently very goodmrapportDined on 8/1/2014Excellent restaurant. Reasonably priced for the quality. Always great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful findVespachickVIPDined on 7/31/2014Delicious, fresh ingredients. Had Fresh caprese salad & great pizza. Reasonably priced. Well worth a trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant AnniversaryscbuzzDined on 7/29/2014We've made it a habit of having dinner here on our Anniversary and have never been disappointed with the whole experience and this year was no exception. When we arrived, out table was beautifully set with the flowers (ordered thru OpenTable's Petals) accompanied by two glasses of Prosecco spumanti. Appetizers and Entrees were perfect and the waitstaff was attentive without being annoying. The chilled watermelon/peach soup was the perfect end to a hot sweltering day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as Always!bonviveurDined on 7/24/2014This is one of the only restaurants in town with perfect consistency - The food is always delicious and the service is always outstanding!Special Features:
- Dinner for 3Foodie1Dined on 7/19/2014Dinner on Saturday night. Service was great. One of us had the Fettuccine which was really good. Rib eye was delicious and server very accommodating about changing side items for diabetic husband. I had the Veal Piccatta. Probably would not order again even though this is one of my favorite foods. Not very lemony, chicken was tough and thickly cut. Actually had more of a Marsala taste. I had the Piccatta there a year or so ago when it was not a regular on the menu, but a special and it was the best I had ever had. Not so much this time. I did not complain. We were enjoying out time together and did not want to spoil it or make anyone uncomfortable. We will definitely go back though.Special Features:
- pizza di giornoppdfDined on 7/17/2014one pizza is excellent size for 2 people - special pizza was nice and crispy and tastySpecial Features:
- Excellent Visit to Rosso TrattoriabrooksrgDined on 7/15/2014Our most recent visit to Rosso was excellent, as always. Friendly, knowledgeable service and excellent food. The mezzalune were particularly good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hurray, Lobster Mondays are back!WorldDinerVIPDined on 7/14/2014The Grilled Lobster Monday specials are back, YUM! Chick lobster tails are the very best, tender and tasty! Rosso's Lobster specials (salad, dinner, a glass of wine for $24) are a fantastic delight, a bargain too. Don't miss them - we for sure will be there!I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeteDined on 7/12/2014We are almost regulars at Rosso's. The food was excellent as well as the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently fantasticLiljDined on 7/11/2014I love this place. The specials are always fantastic and the seasonal menu is a pleaser. Can't say enough about how much I love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousVicksCritiqueDined on 7/3/2014Very nice. Lasagna was kind of so so bit everything else was top notchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ladybugladybugDined on 7/3/2014we enjoyed the dinner, the waitress, the atmosphere, the friendliness, and most of all the choice of food's on the menu. We plan to return with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress & foodLHW1Dined on 6/25/2014Lily took good care of us. We had the fried artichoke antipasto, wood grilled steak with fingerling potatoes and veggies, and wood grilled salmon with Adluh grits and veggies. All superb. Kudos to the cook and chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Night EverGreatDined on 6/23/2014There was some confusion about the special that night. The manager came over to our table and gave us a round of drinks to make up for it. Everything was just perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantKobesDined on 6/23/2014Shrimp and grits YUMM. Calamari cooked perfect YUMM. Veal dishes YUMM. Service GREAT. West Columbia has a great Italian Restaurant. Worth the drive from Aiken SCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner at Rosso'sTripleTroubleDined on 6/21/2014Great wine and excellent service! Server was friendly and knowledgeable. Enjoyed house special rose'. Portion size was small for price on scallops and risotto entree--only 4 sea scallops (not particularly large). Good atmosphere. Lots of sunlight coming in when sun setting so asked for different table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rosso meals are great every time!LastchanceDined on 6/21/2014We have dined at Rosso several times and once again had an excellent meal with great service. Very happy to have a table that was not tiny for two and in the traffic path. Our scampi was just outstanding and superb with a Super Tuscan wine. Great date night for us but looked like a supper out for most as the casal atmosphere allows all kinds of dress.Special Features:
- staff was prompt and knowledgablewp66Dined on 6/21/2014Food was flavorfull and well presented. Server knew the wines they served and made recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just FinepokedanecavDined on 6/12/2014The service was great the food was fine. Nothing special in the two pasta dishes we ordered. The pasta was cooked well and the sauces were okay. Protein in both (fish and chicken) were a little on the skimpy side. No sides or salad with meal unless you ordered separately. Not in any hurry to go back, but might try them again.
- Great food, but...DEUB63VIPDined on 6/10/2014Rosso Trattoria Italia had a great menu and a good winelist; the specials, especially the pasta and risotto, make this worth doing once. However, the prices and the slow service, especially at peak dinner hours, will make us think twice before we go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enb1226Dined on 6/6/2014We love Rosso! We went for the first time for Valentine's and have been looking forward to going back again. It's become one of our favorites. My husband and I both loved our meals and our server Lily was great! Looking forward to another visit!Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/5/2014Really enjoyed our first experience at Rosso. Our table was ready and waiting when we arrived and we were taken straight to it. Our server was attentive without being overbearing. The food was phenomenal. Our kids even ventured out and tried some new dishes. Great beer selection as well and the deserts were fantastic. Will definitely returnSpecial Features:
- Rosso is magnificient!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014We have been to Rosso several times and always enjoy the experience. The food is always top notch, very different from what you can get at any other italian restaurant. We always enjoy starting out with a drink. The Rosso Martini is one at the top of the list! Thank you for such a wonderful, romantic restaurant, wonderful for a date night or special occassion.Special Features:
- Scrumptious Italian fareFoodLover1Dined on 6/2/2014My husband and I recently celebrated our anniversary with dinner at Rosso. What a delicious meal! I had enjoyed the food there before, but I think I chose especially well this time. The fried artichoke appetizer was succulent. Filled with cheese and fried to perfection, these little gems surpassed my expectations for deliciousness. I emjoyed the crab and lobster orecchiette with its light, creamy sauce. My husband always orders the shrimp and grits and found it scrumptious as always. We look forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- Always impressedarugula4meDined on 5/31/2014After three visits here, it has become out new favorite eatery. Every morsel seems better than the last. Even after spending a week in Rome and on the Amalfi coast, this is the best Italian cuisine that I've ever had. Bravissimo ! CiaoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.