Rosso Trattoria Italia
4840 Forest Drive
Columbia, SC 29206Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Rosso Trattoria Italia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rossocolumbia.com/
- Phone: (803) 787-3949
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Bar Opens Daily at 4:30
Bar opens daily at 4:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Kristian Niemi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: ROSSO can cater nearly any event. Simply call us to discuss the details of your next special event. Check out our website for our Private Luncheon menu. We can also cater box and platter lunches. Call us for more info.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us if you are interested in booking a private event or function in either our private dining area or by buying out all or part of the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Lauren 803-787-3949
- Entertainment: Join us for LIVE Jazz every Saturday evening with local jazz artists.
- Special Events: Rosso is available for Private Luncheons any day of the week. We are also a fantastic venue for afternoon Wedding Receptions and much more affordable than most catering halls. Call us to discuss your next lunch meeting, private group luncheon or wedding reception.
Rosso is also available for a complete Buy-Out for the evening. Call us to discuss pricing for holding your next Private Event at Rosso!
A word from Rosso Trattoria Italia
ROSSO is an elegantly casual Italian trattoria created by one of the founders of Mr. Friendly's, Gervais & Vine and Solstice Kitchen. The warm, open kitchen features a wood-fired grill and wood-burning oven and the cuisine is simple, rustic and absolutely fantastic. Using local, seasonal products whenever possible, the menu boasts an array of antipasti, fresh pastas, grilled meats and wood-roasted dishes. Their wood-grilled Tuscan Steak Frites is among the best steaks in town and the Chicken Parmesan--an American-Italian classic--sets the standard. The wine list is decidedly Italian with some New World wines with Italian spirit. ROSSO also features a variety of Italian spirits and craft beers, as well. The dining room is rustic, yet modern with rich woods and sleek leather chairs. There are two large communal tables for small groups to get together or for strangers to become friends. Located in Trenholm Plaza, in the heart of Forest Acres, just five minutes from downtown Columbia.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Rosso Trattoria Italia - Best Restaurants in Columbia ›
Rosso Trattoria Italia reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (46)fit for foodies (34)special occasion (32)romantic (26)notable wine list (17)good for groups (16)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (7)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Lovely dinnerYummyDined on 11/18/2014Excellent dinner with great service. It has been too long since my husband and I dined here. Our waitress provided a great recommendation for a wine selection and both our dinners were well prepared. My husband had the eggplant Parmesan special and I had the scampi. I've had the scampi before and it doesn't disappoint. Risotto balls appetizer and tiramisu dessert were well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Neighborhood RestaurantsGirlDined on 11/13/2014This restaurant is my favorite go to place for a full dinner or a quick bite with a glass of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighorhood gemGIGIVIPDined on 11/10/2014a great place to go, meet friends and enjoy the evening. food is very good.Special Features:
- Rosso's is a MUST!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Rosso's is a neighborhood gem in the heart of Forest Acres. The food is fantastic and the presentation is wonderful. We have one special server, named Kyle, that provides the most personalized customer service. We ask to be seated in his section every time we visit! Rosso's sources ingredients locally which is important to us. You can never go wrong at Rosso's no matter which entrée that you choose.Special Features:
- Excellent!summeroutsideDined on 11/7/2014Dining at Rosso is always a treat. Amazing food, great service, fantastic atmosphere. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Great findGretchDined on 11/5/2014Found on Open Table while traveling to Columbia. Food was amazing. Our waitress, Lily, was knowledgable and very helpful. She was spot on with her suggestions. Would eat here again when in the area. Might even plan a road trip to Columbia.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, as alwaysElisavetaDined on 11/5/2014Our server was delightful and the food was delicious, as always. We especially appreciated the excellent customer service when the server dropped one of our plates, apologized profusely, and had a fresh (and comped) plate served within 10 minutes. The manager even stopped by to apologize and check on us. The comp wasn't necessary, but very much appreciated. Treatment like this is one of the reasons we come back as often as we can afford to!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We started off our dining experience toasting our anniversary with a very, delightful, Prosecco and sampling some panfried artichoke bites. Our main courses were Tuscan shrimp and parmesan Adluh grits and wood-grilled jumbo sea scallops, with City Roots micro-greens on top of a bed of mushroom risotto. We enjoyed the Italian champagne so much ordered a second glass for both of us. Topping the evening off, we shared a serving of very, yummy, pumpkin spiced cake. We look forward to dining at Rosso's again some time soon. Our dining experience was made extra special by the young, lady who waited on us, Caroline C. and Cheers to our favorite gentleman, bartender, Gene A.Special Features:
- FabuSouthernyankeeDined on 11/1/2014Fantastic restaraunt. Service, food and atmosphere were perfect. Delish desserts too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodgoodeatsDined on 10/31/2014Rosso's is always excellent dining. It is loud, but probably because always full of people. Our service was subpar for the restaurant. We had to go to the hostess finally to ask if someone could take a drink order for our table. We will continue to go however because it is a great restaurant with lots of unique specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Many Visits, No DisappointmentsGGgrandDined on 10/31/2014Rosso's consistently delivers good food and good service. And, sometimes they reach the sublime. The emphasis is on making sure the customer has a satisfying meal and a lovely evening. Would that more restaurants worked on those two areas consistently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loudalondonVIPDined on 10/31/2014Too noisy to hear across a four top. Food was just okay. Bruschetta was fair. Antipasto platter unimaginative. Server pleasantly replaced corked bottle of wine. Would not go back. Don't like to shout to be heard or strain to hear
- Great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/31/2014This is a fabulous resturant. The food and service was fantastic! I would recommend this resturant for a romantic night out or gathering with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsOneLooseThreadVIPDined on 10/28/2014We had been here on several occasions and this was not one of the better visits or meals. Must have been an 'off' night for the wait staff and the butcher. I ordered the special steak for the night and it really left a lot to be desired when it came to being tender. We were there very early so being really busy can't be the causative factor for the person who waited on our table. Hopefully he will be more attentive to the 'gray haired ladies' in the future and add a little smile to the mix.Special Features:
- A family event...FoodSnotDined on 10/16/2014Four of us when to celebrate our son's graduation from Ft. Jackson. The place itself is deceiving because it is in a strip mall, but it is definately worth walking in to. We had calamari and fried risotto, which were both wonderful. We had chicken alfredo, manicotti, and the meatballs for our entrees. They were all tasty, hot, and served quickly. For dessert we had the flourless torte, cheescake, and creme brulee. The were all great. From the outside, this place does not look like much, but we were very pleased and would go back again when visiting Columbia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousKK88Dined on 10/2/2014We came to Rosso for the first time the other night. My boyfriend and I were incredibly pleased with the service and delicious food. I had the filet and it was amazing. We will definitely be returning in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a special night at RossoFoodisLoveDined on 9/30/2014I've never had anything I didn't love. I've even tried new things, like bone marrow. Such a special place. Great atmosphere, food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great servicePickyDined on 9/26/2014I found this place on open table. Lived here for almost 5 years now and never knew about it. It's tucked away in a small strip area. I took my wife there anyways for something different. The experience was nice, the food and service were great. However some of the things on the menu are a tad over priced. Everything was delicious nonetheless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KrisDined on 9/23/2014I had the house charcuterie and it was fantastic. the atmosphere was excellent not to loud. everyone ele that dined with me thought the food was great. we had the shrimp and grits, scampi and veal picatta. wait staff was very prompt and courteousSpecial Features:
- Best pizzaPrbayVIPDined on 9/20/2014Really enjoyed margarita pizza. Made in a wood burning oven. Thin, crisp, and cheesy. Delicious other entrees but sometimes you feel like a great pizza.Special Features:
- herbqueenherbqueenVIPDined on 9/19/2014Fettuccini Alfredo was overcooked and gummy. Unusual for Rosso. Very nice about it and comped the desert. We will be back. Service lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMowgliDined on 9/13/2014We liked everything. The park belly app, the salad with the tomato pie, the swordfish and the duck confit fettuccine special. Cocktail was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Event-All Good but ScallopsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/12/2014We visited for a special family dinner. Our starting dishes consisted of the rissoto, lamb ribs and mussels. All were quite good and nicely seasoned. Those at our table who ordered salads and soups enjoyed them as well. As to entrees the pasta dishes were outstanding; BUT the scallop entree rodered by two of us was not good as the scallops were the size of a dime and lightly charred (not grilled) and then covered with cold green beans over hot rissoto which made for an unappealing presentation and taste. The service was very attentive for a very busy evening.
- Great service!FoodieinColumbiaDined on 9/10/2014Service can be spotty at Rosso, but our experience Wednesday night was exceptional! Thank you!Special Features:
- GIGIVIPDined on 9/9/2014The chairs need to be replaced. You sink in and sit too low. I really don't like the chairs.Special Features:
- Outstanding unique offeringsEatprayluvDined on 8/30/2014Rosso was a great experience. We enjoyed every dish from appetizer to dessert and our server was knowledgeable about the ingredients and the preparation of each dish. We flows her recommendations for all 4 courses and were not disappointed with any. Thanks Caroline!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just not greatsccardlerVIPDined on 8/29/2014After eating at other restaurants owned by this group this was a big let down food just ok very over priced for the quality service was awful no help with menu no personality, the young man was like the walking dead. Love Solstice won't be back here again!!!!
- RossospickyeaterDined on 8/29/2014Rosso's is one of our favorite dining spots in Columbia. The food and service are consistently excellent, and this night was no exception.Special Features:
- Great place for a fantastic dinner.JohnRDined on 8/25/2014Enjoyed a friends birthday with great lobster!! I really don't eat here often enough.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Great meal. Lily, our server , was very good, professional and attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed!1girlie1Dined on 8/22/2014Had another delicious dinner at Rosso ~ what a neighborhood gem tucked away in Trenholm Plaza! Had the pasta dish with the lobster and crab, fresh corn, spinach and tomatoes ~ fresh and delicious! Also try the fried risotto balls for your appetizer :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and Wine ListMagnolia46Dined on 8/22/2014Liked the Ragu VERY much, and the Fettucine Alfredo was good, but the sauce on it was a bit brothy rather than creamy. The salads, both the Alfredo Con Mozarella and the Caprese were good, but a little light on the nuts on the former and a little small on the tomatoes and mozarella on the other. Our waiter is always good.Special Features:
- DEPENDABLEWayneDined on 8/21/2014You can always depend on Rosso for fine service, good food and good drink. We have been consistent fans since oening day and we have not been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mostly very goodhappydinerDined on 8/20/2014The food was generally good and enjoyable. However, I was surprised that the steak in my entree was brought to the table cold. The potatoes on which it rested were hot; the steak itself was not at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentReedDined on 8/7/2014My wife and I found Rosso on Open Table when we were doing shopping in Columbia. Everything was excellent. Some of the best shrimp and grits I have ever had including places in Charleston. My wife's Scampi was also up there. We had been looking for a go to place in Columbia and now we have found it.Special Features:
- More than impressedSwerk84Dined on 8/2/2014My experience at Rosso was next to perfect. We started off at the bar, where we were treated like rock stats. The drinks were great and the service was amazing!we after moved to a table where we enjoyed pizza as an appetizer and steak and quail for our main course. My steak was to die for! Cooked to perfection. My husband loved the quail. We finished the night with creme brûlée. Delicious! This was the perfect date spot. It wasn't loud and the service was spot on. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently very goodmrapportDined on 8/1/2014Excellent restaurant. Reasonably priced for the quality. Always great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful findVespachickVIPDined on 7/31/2014Delicious, fresh ingredients. Had Fresh caprese salad & great pizza. Reasonably priced. Well worth a trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant AnniversaryscbuzzDined on 7/29/2014We've made it a habit of having dinner here on our Anniversary and have never been disappointed with the whole experience and this year was no exception. When we arrived, out table was beautifully set with the flowers (ordered thru OpenTable's Petals) accompanied by two glasses of Prosecco spumanti. Appetizers and Entrees were perfect and the waitstaff was attentive without being annoying. The chilled watermelon/peach soup was the perfect end to a hot sweltering day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 723 reviews are from the Rosso Trattoria Italia reviews archive.
- Wonderful as Always!bonviveurDined on 7/24/2014This is one of the only restaurants in town with perfect consistency - The food is always delicious and the service is always outstanding!Special Features: