1988 Avenue Road
Toronto, ON M5M 4A4Neighborhood:
Midtown / Uptown
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rossinirestaurant.ca/
- Phone: 4164811188x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Sunday from 11:30am to 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Sergio Zanetti
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The three private party rooms together with well priced prix-fixe menus make any event memorable. Large room can seat up to 65 guests and the 2 smaller rooms can accommodate up to 40 guests each. We have had the pleasure of serving many special events from private meetings to intimate weddings.
- Private Party Contact: Sergio 4164811188x
A word from Rossini Restaurant
Celebrating 45 years, Rossini Restaurant continues to be a perfect setting for special occasions, romantic dinners and nights out with family and friends. Tables beautifully set with white linens exude elegance and yet the atmosphere is welcoming and comfortable enough for a weekday dinner or early Saturday night meal. The Italian Chef"s passion for fine dining is revealed in the specialty dishes, Lobster Gnocchi and unforgettable Lasagna. Choose from Traditional dishes on the menu or modern dishes from the specials. The three private party rooms together with well priced prix-fixe menus make any event memorable. During the summer season, relax on the patio for dinner and finish it off with homemade Tiramisu and an espresso coffee. Enjoy Rossini at home or in the office with take-out and catering services.Continued
Come share our Italian Passion for Fine
Come share our Italian Passion for Fine
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rossini Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
romantic (5)special occasion (5)neighborhood gem (5)good for groups (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)notable wine list (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- ExcellentDave14Dined on 7/26/2014The food was fantastic, the service was every bit as good. We will definitely go back..Special Features:
- Great foodBSdinerVIPDined on 6/21/2014Went with a party of four. Appetizer of calamari and bruschetta Had Branzino - fish was fresh and delicious Other diners had pasta with shrimp etc. Everything fresh - perfectly seasoned - perfect portionsSpecial Features:
- DisappointingLucyDined on 5/23/2014Food was good, but overall it was disappointing compared to years ago. A lot better choices in Toronto.
- Always Good FoodRepeatDinersDined on 5/17/2014Our 4th time at this restaurant. All 4 meals were excellent & service was great. Will certainly return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Italian RestaurantPicoPollitoDined on 5/11/2014Very nice restaurant, good service, excellent food and reasonable price!Special Features:
- The following 30 reviews are from the Rossini Restaurant reviews archive.
- Good Food, but not good serviceFoodFinderDined on 4/12/2014Four of us went for dinner on a Saturday. The restaurant was relatively busy, but we were shown quickly to our reserved table. From thereon the service was quite brusque. Fortunately the quality of our pastas was more than adequate compensation for the inattentive wait staff. It would have been nice to have someone from the restaurant actually say goodbye and encourage us to return when we were leaving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable eveninggrandpaprettyDined on 3/16/2014The food was very good and the portions were most adequate. The service was very friendly and helpful. Would definitely go back again....loved the fact that they have their own parking lot so trying to find a spot for the car is, hopefully, not going to be an issue.Special Features:
- Old but goodMrspsgDined on 2/15/2014Rossini's has been around for years but the food is still really good. Lovely appetizers and delious mains. If you like seafood, their fettuccine with seafood is full of mussels, clams, squid, shrimps and is done in a light tomatoe sauce, it's so good I finish it all. Chicken Parm, delious and a great portion size. Have been there 3 times in the last few months and have enjoyed every time .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerDLCATDined on 2/14/2014We had a great dinner at Rossini's. Hadn't been there for a couple of years. The food was still as good as it was years ago. We sat in a quiet corner and there was a thumping noise all the time. We asked what it was and our waiter said it was the dishwasher. Not such a quiet corner. Overall our experience was good!Special Features:
- RediscoveryMrspsgDined on 1/9/2014Rossini's has been around for years and I'm thrilled to have rediscovered it. Food is great, it's comfy and service is good. Easy parking with a lot next door. I would recommend it and have done so already!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliableTrexDined on 12/16/2013Rossini's has been in the neighbourhood for many years & no wonder because you can always count on good service and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for small family eventsBaronetDined on 11/12/2013A varied menu and an attentive wait staff made the meal go very smoothly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very unimpressive.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2013Food was very unimpressive. There was small bugs Flying around our food. Won't go back.
- Ideal for birthday dinnerYingDined on 10/13/2013We had a group of 6 people going to Rossini to celebrate for my boyfriend's birthday. When we first arrived from the backyard parking I doubted if this was the right choice cuz it kinda looked sketchy. However the interior of this restaurant turned out to be warm, bright and at the same time romantic. I was surprised at how they fit so many tables into the restaurant while leaving enough space and privacy for each table. The foods were well prepared, as other reviewers commented. It's high quality at reasonably price. I would recommend it to anyone who's looking for a place for special event or birthday dinner.Special Features:
- Fantastic Service and Great FoodFanofRossiniDined on 10/11/2013Rossini was recommended to us when we moved into the neighbourhood. It is now our 'go to' for special occasions and celebrations. The service at Rossini is outstanding and the food is always the highest quality and prepared to perfection. The wait staff are old school (dark vests, white shirts and a towel over their arm). They are very amiable and will do whatever is needed to make your meal special. Highly recommend Rossini.Special Features:
- Neighborhood Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2013Nice central location. Service is always above standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Dining ExperienceIronMIkeDined on 5/6/2013We took a guest to Rossini, the waiter was very helpful and attentive. We ordered three different entrees and all were very good tasting and presented well. I've been to this restaurant on and off over 20 years and it is always solid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Free parkingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013Our group of six were treated very well. All were quite happy with the food and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For an Italian restaurant,OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 4/2/2013For an Italian restaurant, not impressed with the Italian food. Fish was bland, pasta not great and the place is beyond tired.
- Ordered the veal chop special. MeaLuigiVIPDined on 2/8/2013Ordered the veal chop special. Meat was tough and chewey. Could not even eat 1/2 of it. 3/4 thrown out. Rather than take it off the bill all they did was give us a desert. Could have lived without the desert. If the chop was to tough they should have given us another one or taken it off the bill. Will not see us back there too soon.
- Old style restaurant. SomelovefoodVIPDined on 1/12/2013Old style restaurant. Some of us liked our entrees, some didn't.
- Great food great wine greatGigipadoDined on 10/27/2012Great food great wine great waiter Rossini's has changed hands but still the same great restaurant will be back
- We travel often from upstatefoodbobVIPDined on 10/13/2012We travel often from upstate New York to Toronto and each and every time we are in Toronto, we do not miss the opportunity to dine at Rossini. The food is always very good and the service is beyond excellent. We introduced our Toronto friends to Rossini over a year ago and they insist on joining us each time we go there. We have been steady customers at Rossini for many years and it continues to be excellent.Special Features:
- The food was ok but not muchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/8/2012The food was ok but not much to rave about. Portions were very small and sides were tasty but lacked any real choice. The waiters were not helpful and did not particulary feel frendly or professional
- Rossin's Romantic DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2012Their food was excellent and came out at the proper times in between the courses, waiter's were friendly and knowledgableSpecial Features:
- Hit and miss.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/13/2012All dishes were prepared nicely. I had the linguini pescara, it was loaded with all types of shell fish which was fresh and the linguini was cooked to perfection. The only problem I had with our visit was that one of our waiters smelt like stale laundry. My wife had the veal Marsala and she wasn't impressed. She told me that some pieces of veal were tough while others were fine.Special Features:
- I took my very elderly parentsRuthie1Dined on 5/13/2012I took my very elderly parents there for Mother's Day lunch. The staff was very kind and attentive and the food was delicious. The excellent service and attention made for a very pleasant time for the old folks. They are still talking about what a nice day they had due in large part to their pleasant experience at lunch.Special Features:
- Great NightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2012he food was great. The Salmon was perfect and the Osso Buco was amazing. The meat was taken off the bone and served on top of saffron rice. The service was right on. We overstayed our visit but the waiters didn't seem to mind.Special Features:
- Every bite was delicious.foodfaddieDined on 3/14/2012Every bite was delicious. The service ws impeccable.IT ws a lovely ambiance and the noise level was low.The menu is extensive. There is something for everyone.We really appreciated the luxury of white tablecloths even at linch.Special Features:
- The service and atmosphereSueBDined on 2/14/2012The service and atmosphere was outstanding; very comfortable and inviting. Great selections on the menu and overall the food was really very good. I would go again and recommend to friends.Special Features:
- I brought my elderly parentsRuthie1Dined on 10/14/2011I brought my elderly parents for a birthday lunch...the staff was more than attentive which made the celebration festive, the food great as always, and the ambiance conducive to intimate, good dining.Special Features:
- Rossini is an outstandingfoodbobVIPDined on 8/6/2011Rossini is an outstanding restaurant. The food and service always excel. We do not live in the Toronto area but always dine at Rossini when we are in Toronto - several times each year.Special Features:
- During the week restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/6/2011During the week restaurant was not busy. We were a table of 6 & enjoyed that we were able to talk to one another. The food was very good.Special Features:
- I love the relaxed feel ofOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/11/2011I love the relaxed feel of this place quaint, small and cozy. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The bean soup was like mom's and my daughter loved the lobster gnocchi chunks of lobster. Service was well-timed and friendly. The bruchetta lovely.Special Features:
- Nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/6/2011I'd describe the atmosphere as a clean, boring, below-average Italian restaurant. None of the dishes ordered by our dining group were unique or interesting and the portions were small.