237 Commercial Street
Provincetown, MA 02657Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rossgrillptown.com/
- Phone: 5084878878
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Monday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Omar Neil
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate large parties and weddings.
- Private Party Contact: César Gerena 5084878878
A word from Ross' Grill
Ross’ Grill is Provincetown’s most talked about dining experience. Located on the second floor of Whaler"s Wharf, just steps from Commercial Street, Ross’ Grill offers breathtaking harbor views with a European bistro atmosphere. Our guests enjoy an intimate, inviting, and first-class dining experience. It’s no surprise that Ross’ Grill was rated “excellent” by Zagat’s Dining Guide. With over 75 different wines served by the glass, guests can enjoy a wine that suits the palate as well as compliments their menu selection. Ross’ Grill also has a full liquor license with a variety of signature cocktails. Elevator access to second floor.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Ross' Grill - Best Restaurants in Provincetown ›
Ross' Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (63)romantic (35)special occasion (33)fit for foodies (31)notable wine list (28)neighborhood gem (21)hot spot (20)vibrant bar scene (14)good for groups (12)great for lunch (7)late-night find (6)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/16/2014We have been to Ross' Grill before but after this visit on Saturday night, we will never go back. The bartender did everything he could think if before offering us assistance. Our waitress had an awful attitude, she wS busy and had no time for questions or repeating the specials. We weren't offered bread or any small salty treat to help our appetites while we waited. The halibut was too dry to eat, the red sauce on the ravioli was uncooked and should never have left the kitchen. The good news is that there are plenty of other restaurants in Provincetown.
- Memorable night out in PtownEatoutoftenVIPDined on 8/9/2014Popular place where we had to wait for our table even though we had a reservation. Luckily, the outdoor deck where we waited was gorgeous - fantastic view and very comfy. entire restaurant looks out over the water and has a nice atmosphere. Hostess was incredibly nice about our wait and service overall was excellent. Food was great although lamb chops were a bit too fatty. Other meat dishes and fish were awesome. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View AND Great Food!welovegoodfoodDined on 8/9/2014Food is great, view is great, staff is great and the wine list is superb! Hint: make reservations WELL in advance - like 30 days in advance. Ross Grill is very popular - but worth the wait! I'm thrilled that they have added a vegan / vegetarian option to the menu too!Special Features:
- Good food and nice atmosphereCme0382Dined on 8/7/2014We had a nice dinner here. It was busy, but we were not in a rush and happy to enjoy a drink pm the deck before dinner, although as we were ordering our drinks at the bar a table opened up so we never made it that far. We shared salads and oysters and ordered steak and seafood specials. Food was pretty good and wine even better. Everything came really fast though, and I would have preferred a slower paced dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and a perfect view!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2014The food was delicious (a bit pricy but expected in Ptown). The service was prompt and attentive. The atmosphere is relaxed and quiet to dine in with the light of the full moon shimmering on the harbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- maybe we just hit a bad nighttripadvisordinerDined on 8/6/2014ross grille was our favorite for a special occasion (celebrating partners 50th.) the waiter didn't seem interested as waitstaff (Kat, excellent) in the past. wine was reasonable; salads served, waiting for black pepper, entrees too soon to follow; steak frites, great steaks (fries used to be served in a paper cone) fries were soggy from steamed broccoli, 2 same entrées ordered, 1 much larger steak in comparison; rib eye chimicurri special (excellent sauce) cooked perfect but very thin cut, the plate 3/4 mashed potato; seafood risotto lacked seafood (1 lobster claw) but tasty. Our reservation was for 9pm, maybe too late; staff was eating at table in the back... we paid our check, skipped another round of drinks, coffee & dessert. overall OK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but too loud and priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014The food here is amazing. It really is. Is it way too expensive? Yes. But in line with what you pay in town. Our waiter was fantastic, but the bartender had a chip on his shoulder and was not especially friendly when we asked him a question about a drink. Plus the cosmos he made for our guests were way too strong and they didn't end up finishing them. My biggest problem, though, is the noise level. It was so loud in there (which it had not been on previous visits) that I couldn't hear the person sitting next to me. It actually took away from my dining experience, and made my very expensive pork chop not as appetizing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/4/2014Recommended to me while we were in P-town for a couple of days. Food and service were excellent. Menu seemed limited at first but there were abundant fresh and freshly caught specials to choice from. Would not hesitate to recommend to others. Only complaint was it is quite dark so consider a little flashlight to read the menu if your eyes are ageing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysnimhVIPDined on 8/2/2014We have been regulars at Ross's Grill for many years and the food, drink, service and ambiance are always excellent. At our latest visit the soft shell crab was delicious and the other entrees we got were equally enjoyable.Special Features:
- Always greatSteveRDined on 7/27/2014Every visit to Provincetown I make a point of dining one night at Ross Grill. It never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2014the hostess was MORE than accomodating, the portions were more than adequate and the food was excellent. What more can you ask for?Special Features:
- What a disappointmentFlldinersVIPDined on 7/22/2014I had an 8 pm reservation. I arrived only to be told that my table was not ready and I was offered to go to the bar. I did so and waited for approximately 45 minutes. This did not bother me but the rest of the evening did. I was finally seated and given a wine list I ordered a bottle of wine and was told they were out of that particular bottle. I ordered a second choice and was told they were out of that one too. Miraculously they had the most expensive bottle in stock. I ordered dinner and got the seafood resotto. It consisted of 2 scallops , 2 shrimp and one piece of lobster. The rest was all risotto. It was aweful. I shared all this with the manager who could have cared less. I would pass on this one.
- A favoriteJewelVIPDined on 7/21/2014Food, raw bar and wine list are excellent. I'm a big fan of the Chicken Liver Pate appetizer. Extensive list of wines by the glass. Overall excellent choice in Provincetown if you can stand the noise level. Poor acoustics make it difficult to hold a conversation. That's the only negative.Special Features:
- Great serviceMaxOsloDined on 7/19/2014We had a great dinner here last week. We had drinks on the terrace overlooking the sea first, loved the view. Nice wine list, good food, but the best thing was the amazing waitress, who was so nice and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was not as good as expectedAjitDined on 7/18/2014The calamari and duck was average. The fish was good. Overall, an average to slightly above-average rating on the food - while a very above-average rating on the price. Not worth the cost.Special Features:
- G8 to be backHubbiesVIPDined on 7/14/2014As always, Ross' Grill was outstanding from beginning to end. The only problem was that the food was SO GOOD that we ate way too much. For Provincetown, during Bear Week, the price was GREAT. We are huge fans and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent is all I can sayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/14/2014Decent place is all I can say. Really don't know why it is packed. Service was slow, very very slow. Don't know if it was the kitchen or the server. You can always expect restaurants to be a little off here in P-Town but was way off. Gazpacho was horrible, puréed vegetables and just a tomato base no nuance. Lobster, shrimp and scallops Risotto was ok not outstanding. They did comp us a drink for the entree wait so at least they recognized slow service.
- A Must-Try!WWCitizenDined on 7/13/2014Ross'Grill is our go-to place for my husband's annual birthday dinner. They always have something interesting and unique on the menu or the chef's specials. We have never been disappointed. Their mussel preparation is one of the best in Provincetown. The service and views are spectacular. You simply must try this place when you visit Provincetown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT Restaurant in ProvincetownOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/13/2014Ross' is a great restaurant and we highly recommend it. GO there and do not wait another day!Special Features:
- good food - very loudhoppyDined on 7/12/2014good food - very loud good food - very loud good food - very loud good food - very loud good food - very loud good food - very loud good food - very loudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - unusually POOR ServiceMmmmDined on 7/12/2014Been coming here for years. Always great food and great service. What happened? Service SUCKED. Pains me to write this. Had a 1pm reservation for 9 and they allowed us to up it to 12. Drinks were great! The waitress was awful. She brought us the wrong food. For example, my friend ordered caesar salad with grilled steak. She got grilled steak frittes. Sent nothing back as we didn't want to wait. Took over an hour before any food arrived. Got there shy of 1pm and food started hitting the table at 2:18. Will say - food was excellent. So disappointed with the service. I will go back (great food) but would only sit at the bar and have Cesar wait on me or if with friends, keep it at 4 max. No large parties.Special Features:
- Your taste buds WILL NOT be happy!1lovesfinediningVIPDined on 7/10/2014Simply awful! Cape Cod stew was disgusting! Only glad I had a napkin to discard the foul fish within the bowl of stew. Rack of lamb awful! This had been a favorite dining experience for several years. Now too awful for words. Will not go back, ever! Such a shame! Great wait staff and gorgeous views!
- Great food with a nice view!Robert103oDined on 7/8/2014My wife and I ate here recently along with three of my cousins and we all enjoyed it very much. Two of us had the lobster, shrimp & scallop risotto, which was fabulous. The two desserts we all shared were marvelous--blueberry & peach pie and the banana bread pudding. We recommend them highly. The restaurant has a great view, although it is not possible to actually eat on the deck, which is a shame. All in all, though, it was a very nice dining experience.Special Features:
- Wow!HenryserDined on 7/7/2014This place is one of the best restaurants in P-Town. Everything about our meal was spectacular. Beautiful view of the bay, very nice glass of red wine, chicken liver pate is incredible and the steaks were cooked to perfection. A perfect experience!Special Features:
- Decline in QualityPtownRegularsDined on 7/6/2014Ross' Grill was our favorite Provincetown Restaurant-- until this year. I booked dinner more than 2 weeks in advance to ensure a Saturday reservation. We arrived on time but still had to wait nearly a half hour to be seated. The owner comped us wine while we waited, however, but only after we asked. Two of us had the halibut special, one had cod, and one had filet mignon. The filet was excellent, but all the fish dishes were dry and overcooked. The vegetable sides were excellent, however, as were the PEI mussels. The ambience-- overlooking Provincetown Bay at sunset-- was priceless, and our food server was attentive but not overbearing. Given the priciness of the food, small portions, and poor prep we likely will not return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TeekDined on 7/6/2014Seafood risotto was amazing--eat at the bar and let Cesar take care of selecting wines--you won't be sorry. The view out to the harbor, the consistently good food, and the graciousness of owner-bartender Cesar make this our favorite restaurant away from home. We always have a warm welcome here and a positive dining experience, even though we're only in Ptown once or twice a year.Special Features:
- Cape favoriteJaHaw17Dined on 7/5/2014Ross's Grill never fails. Excellent food, friendly staff, best selection of wines, greatest views on the Cape especially at sunset. Always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/3/2014Always consistent, great food. Pasionate wine list. Gorgeous views of the harbor!Special Features:
- Service and Food just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/3/2014We were disappointed that the food and service were average after reading such good reviews. Location is amazing but décor looked tired.Special Features:
- Worst Hostess ever!!!!!!!!SteveVIPDined on 6/29/2014I would rate them 0 stars if I could. The hostess tried to sit us at a small high top table in a corner. I looked around and saw 3 other 4 top tables with only 2 people at each table. There were also 2 open tables and we asked to be moved over to one of them. She said that they were already taken by other guests.. I didn't see anyone waiting for a table. So I asked why could you give out 3 other tables to a parties of 2 but not us? She said they were there earlier. But I have a reservation for a table not a high top. She was very dismissive & didn't even try to accomendate us like a hostess would do normally. It was that or nothing. I looked on open table & was able to make a res. for 4 at the same time as mine 8pm. She Lied & was rude!!!
- PerfectionNYCgirlsDined on 6/27/2014Ross' Grill came to us as a recommendation from a local part time resident of the cape. Not to be missed if you're looking for some ambiance, good food and DELICIOUS drinks (which by the way are double the size of any regular restaurant). The Friday night we visited (8:30 PM) the place was full and the bar was hopping. Our server, Katherine, was adorable and charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better Reserve.OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 6/25/2014Sitting at a window table overlooking the beach and harbor…what could be bad? The food is wonderful, and the service is attentive. We enjoyed Local Littlenecks, Steamed with Andouille Sausage, Sautéed Soft-Shell Crab appetizer-sized and dinner-sized, and succulent Pan-seared Duck Breast à l’Orange (order it rare). The wines are reasonably-priced. Everything is fresh and tasty.Special Features:
- Don't Go!FoodaholicVIPDined on 6/23/2014I have never understood the raves for this restaurant. The food is consistently mediocre (and in the most recent case, inedible), the servers are surly and rude and for all of this you get to pay some of the highest prices in PTown. The fisherman's stew was so overcooked that the unappealing hunks of fish were like leather. So bad that I abandoned half of the meal and left hungry. And when I told the waitress and then the hostess no one seemed to care. There are so many better options...
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/21/2014Great food - attentive service - dining room is very loud.Special Features:
- One of ..if not the best in PtownFoodieVIPDined on 6/19/2014I am in Ptown from April through October and eat out several items a week. I have dined at most if not all restaurants in town. Ross' Grill is hands down my favorite restaurant in Ptown. The food, service, ambiance and menu selection are consistently tops. Cesar the owner along with his team of servers and kitchen staff make for a great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!!!FieldscapecodDined on 6/18/2014The view was amazing, food superb, and service great. We loved it and can't wait to share it with our friends!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ross' Grill- can't missGeraldtDined on 6/15/2014I have eaten here many times and have never been disappointed. To me, that's the highest compliment that I can give to a restaurant. The view is serene and picturesque, a Cape Cod snapshot. The outdoor deck delivers what people imagine when they picture the Cape: moored boats, water, and a sandy strip of beach. When I am in P'Town, Ross' Grille is on my food radar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of PTown's Best!DotBobstetVIPDined on 6/7/2014Everything was amazing! We had the French Onion Soup and Mussels as appetizers, and a Short ribs special and the seafood risotto and loved them all! Tremendous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Ross' Grill reviews archive.